Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 8,090 posts
  • 853 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 37 hours ago by matt68061
  • Topic is favorited by 531 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

snaps.gif
    Screenshot_20240318_201633_Chrome (resized).jpg
    IMG_8074 (resized).jpeg
    download (resized).jpeg
    7136153e-4781-4514-8f75-26077beb0e35-1655665323130 (resized).jpg
    designer-delays (resized).png
    image000000 (resized).jpeg
    IMG_1455.gif
    Skinner (resized).png
    26CDA9FF-5625-4BC0-AECC-1FF8C139FBFB (resized).jpeg
    pasted_image (resized).png
    IMG_5780 (resized).png
    bobbymcgeestub.png
    JT.gif
    IMG_5830 (resized).jpg
    hmm-futurama.gif

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider Moli410.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#6120 10 months ago

I was ready to drop a dollar to "dollartaker" (lol that was a good one), for a GZ premium. Think I'll hold off since everyones been waiting a long while.

1 week later
    #6246 10 months ago

Got my deposit down on Godzilla premium, come on June!

#6283 10 months ago
    Quoted from Walk:

Atlanta GA. Guess it doesn’t show.

now it does

#6285 10 months ago
    Quoted from tcf119:

I can’t get Cointaker to respond to any of my emails. I’m only a single pro buyer, but months of no email response really isn’t the best way to get a return buyer. Will go another route next time.

I never gave them any money for a deposit because I was hardly getting any responses either and got brushed off at pinfest just to ask a simple question. So I found a new distributor that actually communicates.

#6308 10 months ago
    Quoted from Tilt:

Ive said this before, but as MBL says, new buyers are coming in this thread and may not have read all the past post, which i understand with 8k+ post
    Go with a distributor that you feel comfortable with, if a distro isnt making your experience as enjoyable as they can, then they are not the right one. Now this doesnt mean that they can pull a game out of their ass, but as long as they are doing what they can, then stick with them
    Deposits. They are almost useless in a sense. No one really seems to understand the true purpose of a deposit. In reality, if you place a deposit and the dealer has stuck to their terms, ie, able to provide you the game you placed it on, in a reasonably close time to what was thought at the time you placed it then really it should not be refundable in instances where you changed your mind, or found another cheaper, or found one in stock
    Now in reality. We (Tilt Amusements) have always made the deposit refundable, this is just our practicve, and the deposit is only 100.00 so its not like we are holding a ton of your money. When someone ask for a deposit back, i will ask them why, not that it matters, they will be refunded. But id like to know if it was something that i did that caused them to ask for it back. Just so that i can always grow and improve my customer service.
    Lastly, COMMUNICATION!!. There is NO excuse why a dealer should not reply to your emails, we work for you! I will always reply to your emails, I cant guarantee it will be an answer you like (when asking about timeframes/delays) but i will answer every single email you send. Now im not going to lie, some of them are frustrating for us to deal with. For example. You place a deposit on a Foo Fighters premium, at the time you placed the order, I tell you that we are expecting a 6-8 month wait currently, as our best guestimate. So a week after placing a deposit, ill occasionally get an email asking for any update on their order. Its been a week and i said 6-8 months, clearly, the game is not ready. But ill still answer reminiding them that its a 6-8 month wait. Also, one of the things that some ask for is updates, Thats a hard one. With all of us having waitlist with deposits, and the ever changing production schedule, its not that we dont want to give updates, its that we dont know the answer. Believe me, the day that the game is ready to ship, I WILL BE CONTACTING YOU. We dont make anything until you pay for the game. Which brings another point often brought up. Paid in full, I really dont understand why anyone would want to accept payment in full before the game is ready. I dont want to sit on your money for lenghtly times. We only require it on LE models. all pro and premium are only due at time the game is ready to ship. Not when we get our allotment numbers for an upcoming run. Because we dont want you upset if the run gets pushed back and we are sitting on your money. So only buy from a distributor that you are happy with the payment terms period, If you dont like the terms and still place the order/payment, the only person to be upset with then is yourself
    Transferring of deposits. Personally, im not a fan of it, ide rather just return it, its more paperwork on us. Although i do it, if i have a person do it multiple times, i eventually will just tell them that ill refund the original deposit and when they are actually ready to purchase, then let me know. I had someone place a deposit, then when the next shiny thing came out, they asked to transfer it. I did, but then the next shiny thing came out and they wanted it transferred again, again, i did. But then they did it again, so that is when i finally said, here is a refund, let me know when your ready

Well spoken!

Communication is key these days in any type of business. I get at times, people and companies are short staffed. You might not get the answer you're looking for because the answer is not readily available or responses may be delayed. But at the end of the day, an acknowledgment to the inquiring person goes a long way.

1 month later
    #6769 9 months ago

Just got email from my distributor that Godzilla Premium is shipping next week and received my invoice! Woot woot! First NIB purchase! Gonna be a fun summer!

#6827 9 months ago

My distributor also told me my GZ premium is enroute to his place then loaded on a truck to me!

#6840 8 months ago

Mine's on the way, hopefully delivered to my front door this week.

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider Moli410.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/what-is-on-the-line-at-stern-pinball-delays?tu=Moli410 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.