Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 8,174 posts
  • 859 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 18 hours ago by bwalter
  • Topic is favorited by 532 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

glasses.gif
    nedry.gif
    snaps.gif
    Screenshot_20240318_201633_Chrome (resized).jpg
    IMG_8074 (resized).jpeg
    download (resized).jpeg
    7136153e-4781-4514-8f75-26077beb0e35-1655665323130 (resized).jpg
    designer-delays (resized).png
    image000000 (resized).jpeg
    IMG_1455.gif
    Skinner (resized).png
    26CDA9FF-5625-4BC0-AECC-1FF8C139FBFB (resized).jpeg
    pasted_image (resized).png
    IMG_5780 (resized).png
    bobbymcgeestub.png
    JT.gif

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider MikeS.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#506 2 years ago
    Quoted from Vino:

Happy folks are getting their DP premiums but wish Stern would have honored December pricing.

I'm pretty sure that anyone that just got a DP Premium from this latest run could immediately flip it for more money on the secondary market.

1 year later
    #4982 1 year ago
    Quoted from acupunk12:

As a proud gen x member, I can’t see FF being a pinball machine unless it’s crossed with another franchise like nirvana, tenacious d. And the drummer just died sadly. The fan base isn’t devoted enough like say OO, IM, LZ, GNR

With Zombie Yeti on art I don't think it will be a typical rock pin. He doesn't draw people, only characters. I think it will be something in the vein of Iron Maiden where there are comic art characters and probably some storyline narrative vs. something that's concert/song/album related. At least I hope. I'm guessing with the team involved that it will be really cool!

#4986 1 year ago
    Quoted from Vitty:

This is so true. At 1000 LEs going forward with these particular titles(Foo Fighters and Venom) - LE buyers will lose money. Time to hop off the LE train and grab one used for less. As STern catches up backlog, they need to go back to 500 LE's for us LE buyers to continue shelling out coin.

Time to bookmark this post for when Vitty inevitably buys the next LE even though Stern makes 1000 of them. I know so many buyers that buy every LE regardless of title just to be a VIP with their Distributor. no matter what the title is it will be an instant sellout of 1000 games.

2 weeks later
    #5298 1 year ago
    Quoted from Grantman:

Have people accepted that there is no video in the Bond 60th anniversary game?
    [quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

This game is better without video. If you want video assets get the Gomez Bond.

3 months later
    #6466 10 months ago
    Quoted from badfish981:

Hopefully it doesn’t get pushed back again!

If it gets pushed back any more it will likely come with a 2024 price increase. Really hoping it sticks to Oct/Nov.

1 month later
    #6930 9 months ago
    Quoted from PinStalker:

Star Wars survives again!!!

The game has been in production from 2017-2024. that has to be some kind of record.

#6977 9 months ago

November looks prime for a Vault.

1 week later
    #7024 8 months ago
    Quoted from wackenhut:

They are vaulting STh and Metallica?
    Pro and Premium?

Would a new run of STh really be considered a vault? The game just came out in 2020 which is recent considering Stern is still running other titles from as far back as 2017. I would just call it the "upside down" edition and include the UV kit as standard.

#7037 8 months ago
    Quoted from dpannell:

I don't understand why Stern would take the time to "update" an existing SAM game to spike2. The architectures are different, seems to me this would be like starting from scratch. The software development effort required to create a solid release of the exact same game would be substantial. Seems like they would just do another run of the SAM version of the game.

I don't think its as difficult as you think. I know that there was a Walking Dead (the last SAM game) in the Chicago area that was running on Spike at one time.

2 weeks later
    #7109 8 months ago

Looks like we are getting a new Jurassic Park 30th Anniversary LE dropping tomorrow. 500 units at $12,999.

#7114 8 months ago
    Quoted from TheClownpuncher:

I think it's a perfect storm. Between better availability of new games, the insane LE price increases, "flippers" getting burned on Bond LE's and Foo (to a lesser degree), the other "comic" theme game sales slowing, particularly AIQ, and the rumors of a Jaws or BTTF, people are putting a halt to the FOMO and sales are soft.

Will be interesting to see what happens tomorrow. I predict that FOMO will make a triumphant return. AAA theme in JP combined with Elwin and better art, I'm predicting a quick sellout.

#7119 8 months ago
    Quoted from Spiderpin:

Are you getting one, that's the question.
    Unfortunately I'm out of space, so I'll sit on sideline and be a bench warmer.

I've owned a Premium since early 2020 which I love. It's my co-favorite Stern game along with TWD. I don't feel the need to upgrade to the new LE but if I was someone that didn't already own a JP I would be tempted by this model since it has the best art/trim package. The Premium prices have shot up a ton since I bought mine. Once you get close to that $10K price point you may as well go all out for the LE.

#7177 8 months ago

Usually I'm a Pro buyer (GZ, SW, Foo) because the games usually flow better and i prefer how they shoot. On Deadpool I prefer the Premium because of the extra flow (loop ramp), and I'm a sucker for drop targets. I have a Premium DP on order.

2 months later
    #7532 6 months ago
    Quoted from MiniPinHead:

No more Jurassic Park Premium?

If you want one of those there are a ton of them for sale on the used market. Adding 500 more LE's over saturated the JP market so it doesn't surprise me that Stern doesn't have plans to run more.

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider MikeS.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/what-is-on-the-line-at-stern-pinball-delays?tu=MikeS and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.