Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 8,172 posts
  • 859 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 6 hours ago by EspoPinball
  • Topic is favorited by 532 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

glasses.gif
    nedry.gif
    snaps.gif
    Screenshot_20240318_201633_Chrome (resized).jpg
    IMG_8074 (resized).jpeg
    download (resized).jpeg
    7136153e-4781-4514-8f75-26077beb0e35-1655665323130 (resized).jpg
    designer-delays (resized).png
    image000000 (resized).jpeg
    IMG_1455.gif
    Skinner (resized).png
    26CDA9FF-5625-4BC0-AECC-1FF8C139FBFB (resized).jpeg
    pasted_image (resized).png
    IMG_5780 (resized).png
    bobbymcgeestub.png
    JT.gif

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider LeMansFan.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#189 2 years ago
    Quoted from SantaEatsCheese:

Anyways, he said that he is expecting GZ Premiums to go on the line in March and in ... August to fill existing orders. Take the update for what its worth.

I went to my local distributor exactly one week ago to order a GZ premium and was told the exact same thing.

1 month later
    #655 2 years ago
    Quoted from Pugster:

Can anyone shed some light on something for a NIB-ewbie (see what I did there)?
    I have a pre-order for a GZ premium with a distributor that says 3rd run “late fall” ETA. The data on this thread suggests that the 3rd run is happening this spring/summer. Is this because Stern has accelerated their production timetable for GZ and I may get it sooner, or would this mean that I’m still late fall and on a different run?
    I am absolutely going to check with the distributor but also realize he probably gets bombarded with “when” questions, so figured I’d check here first. For the record I’m fine with however it shakes out but I’d be lying if I said that I wasn’t excited at the prospect of getting it sooner!

I’m in a similar position. Placed an order and deposit on GZ premium 2 months or so ago. Initially told August. Talked to my distributor just the other day and was told another run had been added to the schedule, meaning my game might get to me sooner. Fingers crossed…

3 weeks later
    #834 2 years ago

Chiming in on the Godzilla premium expected delivery. I ordered mine through my distributor last December. At the time I was told I would get one in the August timeframe. With that announcement from Stern that they were focusing on the backorders and releasing one less new game this year, I optimistically hoped this meant maybe I'd get my GZ premium sooner than August. Well, I just heard from my distributor yesterday that they now expect that my game won't come until sometime in 2023! It would seem that the parts shortage/back order is even worse that thought.

All of that said, I did take delivery on a NIB Deadpool premium just last week. So they are getting some stuff out the door.

2 weeks later
    #1208 2 years ago
    Quoted from ianwho:

Just talked to my distributor. Looks like I’ll be getting my game in two weeks or so. He said that he is getting his full allotment of Godzilla premiums, it’s just about two weeks delayed.

You're not using a certain distributor in Benicia, are you? I've been told by that one my GZ premium will be much later than originally thought.

#1294 2 years ago
    Quoted from gandamack:

Is it just me? I kind of felt the acting and plotlines in Mandalorian were a bit dull. Trust me, I am Star Wars fan, but the scriptwriting for this show was subpar at best. Probably just spoiled by the amazing writing in series like Breaking Bad, Game of Thrones, etc...

I'm right there with you. Been a Star Wars fan my whole life, Mandalorian did absolutely nothing for me, I couldn't even finish watching the first season. It was awful.

1 week later
    #1662 2 years ago
    Quoted from Eskaybee:

Anyone have any inside scoop on SW premium comic editions? And/or know if they plan to make more premiums in 2023? Or is this upcoming next run the end of it?

Pretty sure they’ve been done making comic editions for both pro and premium for a while now. The upcoming runs are for the movie art.

#1739 2 years ago
    Quoted from shanksfornothin:

Ok so can someone make sense of something I heard on the TPN podcast? Zach said people were asking since they added more runs of Godzilla pro/premium if that moved up their time of delivery. To which he says absolutely not. I’m honestly so confused by this….and maybe there is a simple answer im missing. I was told to expect my GZ in august, back in December. How are they going to add 2 extra runs and my expected delivery day not move up ? Maybe im just sad because all my accessories/mods are here now and no game to put them on lol

Well if it makes you feel any better you and I are in the exact same boat. I ordered my premium first week of December and was also told August. Then I hear about extra runs and I’m thinking, oh yeah, gonna get that bitch sooner than I expected! Call my distributor, nope, you’ll be lucky if you get it in 2022! Hearing my distributor is only getting a few games per run and I’m 30th on their list! Sucks.

3 weeks later
    #2103 1 year ago

So I didn't realize how literal the schedule we've been going off is. I talked with my distributor today and they pretty much confirmed the exact schedule that's being referenced on this thread. I do understand that people are privy to the schedule and they're sharing that information and that's where we're getting it. What I am surprised by is that the schedule is pretty much locked in for this year. I see Godzilla pro and premium only being run again in July (I've had a premium on order since December, most likely gonna miss the July run), so I assumed there'd be another run later in the year (no way July is the last time for this whole year!). Nope, word is that is in fact the last Godzilla run for 2022. Which I find crazy and hard to believe!

#2108 1 year ago
    Quoted from Apinjunkie:

This schedule https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/what-is-on-the-line-at-stern-pinball-delays/page/41#post-6902304
    Posted last week, shows a second half of may run of GZ pros and premiums and the run second half of July.

Yeah, that's the schedule I was referencing, I just was shocked that July was the last run of the year.

#2133 1 year ago

Paid an invoice for Godzilla Premium today!

#2144 1 year ago
    Quoted from PinStalker:

Half to 70% of the backlog gone by the end of July. 100% gone before the end of the year. There isn't 20K "real" backorders.

After talking extensively with my distributor I find this unlikely.

1 week later
    #2315 1 year ago
    Quoted from SimplePin:

Anybody else hearing that they are running JP Prem next week? If so I wonder what changed this time.

Does this mean no Godzilla premium???

#2354 1 year ago
    Quoted from Tilt:

Also, we do not ask for final payment till the game is in our control. I see on this thread so many saying things like just got my final notice, game should be shipping in two weeks. That is not something you will here from us. Although i knew when my deadpool premiums were shipping. Until they landed here today at my shop, i did not send out a single notice. Those went out tonight after i got home from the shop

As someone who has purchased from Tilt Amusements I can vouch for this statement. When I purchased from them I was sent an invoice, game then shipped out two days later. Wish they all operated like this.

#2391 1 year ago

But what about Godzilla???

#2441 1 year ago
    Quoted from Kkoss24:

Looks like the parts shortage situation just took a serious turn for the worse .Very serious turn !

Please elaborate…

#2442 1 year ago
    Quoted from shanksfornothin:

Haven’t heard anyone posting about getting their GZ I wonder if it got skipped?

Well this Thursday will be three weeks since I was invoiced in full for a premium. But since then, crickets.

#2526 1 year ago
    Quoted from tp:

Just unboxed yesterday. Dead pool premium..
    Looking for....
    Newer build alien without issues
    Newer build Rick n morty
    Afmrle
    low play 1 owner woz newer light boards
    Or cash on the glass.[quoted image]

And this is in the “What’s on the line at Stern” thread why exactly??? Don’t waste our time, go make a for sale/trade ad.

#2532 1 year ago

Gonna be hard to sell/trade when you’ve been banned…

1 week later
    #2667 1 year ago

Confirmation that Godzilla premium shipped today. FedEx tracking says delivery by Tuesday!

2 weeks later
    #2973 1 year ago
    Quoted from aamauzy:

Just got a payment notice from Flip n Out on my RUSH Premium. Holy fucking shit I'm beyond stoked. To paraphrase "should be this week or next, so pay up". Looks like Stern is on schedule.

Congrats! My cousin got a Rush premium about six weeks ago. Had a blast playing it, it's a great game! He's a Rush superfan and it's his first pin so he's been beyond stoked!

3 weeks later
    #3229 1 year ago
    Quoted from crujones4life:

Looks like this is the final run (last call) for Star Wars in addition to GOTG and LZ. Star Wars had a good run @ just over 5 years!
    [quoted image]

Further down in the email, "THIS IS THE ONLY RUN IN 2022"

So who knows???

#3232 1 year ago
    Quoted from Tilt:

Just different business models for different people. Yes i know my allocation, but if you go off of that you take the chance of letting people down. I was told i was getting 10 of a certain title on monday, i drove to the factory myself to pick up, i got 8 instead of 10 for customers (slightly different readon, as the other two i did get but are required to take them to a show, whereas i was expecting 10 for customers and 2 for shows
    I dont want to be the person that calls two people to say, thanks for the checks but i have to wait till next order, do you want a refund or wait

And this is why I would be happy to order from Tilt Amusements again. When I bought from you the previous time, I sent a wire and the game shipped just a couple days later. The last out of state order I bought was from a different distributor (it was because I took over an order from a friend who'd already placed it), that distributor asked for my payment in full a whole month before the game shipped, I wasn't terribly thrilled with that way of doing things.

2 months later
    #3895 1 year ago
    Quoted from gonzo73:

One more reason for me to travel up north and visit Free Gold Watch.

Was just at Free Gold Watch last week and don’t recall seeing Elvira there. It used to be around the corner facing Lebowski, but not there or anywhere I could see.

7 months later
    #6376 11 months ago
    Quoted from TechnicalSteam:

How do you follow up FooFighters?
    Is Stranger Things really back on line? I've heard rumors on FB.

Stern already publicly released a letter to distributors squashing that rumor, at least until next year. They acknowledged the rumor and said no builds this year.

4 weeks later
    #6738 10 months ago

I had a very pleasant, transparent, seamless transaction on my NIB Godzilla premium with Flip N Out. I wouldn’t hesitate to do business with Zach again. Have suggested friends to him as well.

2 months later
    #7245 7 months ago
    Quoted from gnocchi_pesto:

I just got my August build Deadpool. Not sure if this was a new factory production, but a lot of things are wrong:
    1. Switches for D-E-A-D and P-O-O-L are wired in reverse, hitting one letter would light up another. So it's hard to keep track which letter I have to hit
    2. Bumper swicthes are mixed up. Same as above, hitting one will light up another
    3. Backbox lock were bent out of proportion and couldn't be unlocked upon arrival, I had to reach from the back hole and unscrew the whole thing to open it and fix it.
    4. Action button didn't work, I had to bend the copper wire a bit more outward to fix it.
    This is my first Stern ever and really disappointed with QC.

Damn, that’s really unfortunate as I’d seen your other post about this being your first pin. That does seem like more issues than normal. Assuming you bought from someone other than Pinball Pirate as he’d take care of those issues for you. I’ve been there before, so I risk it and avoid sales tax, or do I pay more for peace of mind. I’ve been lucky in that regard. If you can’t fix it on your first try I’m sure the folks in the Deadpool owners group can provide some advice. My Deadpool has drop targets where you mention, so not sure I can be of much help.

#7254 7 months ago
    Quoted from gnocchi_pesto:

I bought from PinballPirate and Chris has been a great help. Without him I wouldn't even know what the problem is at all. He will come to fix the switch issues. I'm glad I didn't save the sales tax money for my first pin, would've gone crazy going thru this setting it up by myself.

Good move then in buying from Chris. Yes, he will absolutely fix whatever is wrong. He's probably one of the best pinball technicians in the world, and he's very much willing to help his customers. In fact I've bought machines from other sources and he's been nice enough to fix an issue here or there on those as well. Things that would take me a lot of time and effort and he does in seconds. He doesn't have to, but he does.

1 month later
    #7457 6 months ago

Ahh, back to this thread. I remember checking this one every day when I was anxiously awaiting my Godzilla premium about 15-16 months ago. It was fun in the interim just seeing what was planned and not really giving a hoot about it.

But now with the one that got away, Stranger Things premium on order… in a few weeks I’ll be back to anxiously looking for updates on this thread….

#7460 6 months ago
    Quoted from bwalter:

I am also quite tempted to put in for a Stranger Things Premium... but do we know yet anything about whether or not Stern will produce more UV kits for them? 'cuz that's kinda a dealmaker, in my opinion, having seen it in action.

I was told that yes, they are building a new batch of UV kits this November as well.

#7482 6 months ago

Isn't that an LE cabinet??? They must be showing old videos.

1 month later
    #7594 5 months ago
    Quoted from JackG:

Factory Friday shows Stranger Things on the line.

Pros or premiums?

#7602 5 months ago
    Quoted from beltking:

They are waiting on a few parts to start stranger premiums I heard.

They’ve had how long to get ready for this run now??? I don’t know, you’d think they’d have everything in order before announcing another run. Or is that just me?

#7614 5 months ago

My distributor (one of the big ones) said he hadn’t heard anything from Stern regarding a delay on Stranger Things premium. He’s still expecting them to build next week or the week after.

3 weeks later
    #7776 4 months ago

Just paid my final invoice for Stranger Things premium! “Shipping early next week”

1 month later
    #7848 78 days ago

I seem to recall there’s a dedicated thread to Disney stuff…

1 week later
    #7904 67 days ago

Still waiting for my Stranger Things premium UV kit. Come on Stern!

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider LeMansFan.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/what-is-on-the-line-at-stern-pinball-delays?tu=LeMansFan and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.