Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 8,159 posts
  • 858 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 12 hours ago by Wildbill327
  • Topic is favorited by 533 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

glasses.gif
    nedry.gif
    snaps.gif
    Screenshot_20240318_201633_Chrome (resized).jpg
    IMG_8074 (resized).jpeg
    download (resized).jpeg
    7136153e-4781-4514-8f75-26077beb0e35-1655665323130 (resized).jpg
    designer-delays (resized).png
    image000000 (resized).jpeg
    IMG_1455.gif
    Skinner (resized).png
    26CDA9FF-5625-4BC0-AECC-1FF8C139FBFB (resized).jpeg
    pasted_image (resized).png
    IMG_5780 (resized).png
    bobbymcgeestub.png
    JT.gif

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider KSP1138.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#98 2 years ago

Mando premium production is supposed to begin the week of 12/20.

#143 2 years ago
    Quoted from mbrave77:

Do we know if Mando premium run is actually happening this month?

My distributor called me yesterday to let me know they received my payment. The build is still supposed to start next Monday, 12/20, and go through the following week. He wasn't 100% sure the build would start on time (mentioned current the Batman build going somewhat slower than expected) or that they would receive all of their promised allotment from this run.

1 week later
    #255 2 years ago
    Quoted from smoothbore19:

Reading this thread is fn killing me there is so much information about whats on the line, whats supposed to be on the line, someone was told this, someone was told that. A podcast said certain pins will be on the line, then a week later says something different. I'm waiting on a Mando Premium (first and only NIB) and fuck if I haven't read, and been told 20 different things about when to expect it. Sorry for the rant, first world problems I know.

Stern definitely does not seem to make it a priority to give consistent, accurate, and timely info to their distributors. Mine was told that Mando premiums were being built this week and next and requested final payment for it on the 8th. If that turns out not to be true, and it might not be given conflicting info here, then I'm looking at them holding onto my money for some indefinite period plus the price increase.

They post all the time on social media about code releases and events, but almost never about production. Is it a friggin' national secret what games they are currently building and what they plan on building next?

#271 2 years ago
    Quoted from Betelgeuse:

If the distros know who the flippers are, they could just stop selling every LE to them. I'll bet that never happens, though.

Or still sell to them, but at a higher price than non flippers.

1 week later
    #368 2 years ago
    Quoted from sbmania:

It seems to me that Stern runs the risk of heavy cancellations as they continue to push out production dates. I have an EHOH Premium on order which I am excited for. But it was originally scheduled to be produced end of 2021. Now it looks like 12/22. I may well still be excited for it a year from now. But there may also be any number of new CGI or JJP or someone else's offerings between then and now that might change my (and possibly other peoples') priorities. If someone else comes up with the next great pin, Stern could lose out big. I would be a little worried about that if I was in Stern management. Then again, if all manufacturers are in the same boat, maybe it's no big deal.

Short term I don't think Stern cares much because demand is far exceeding their production capacity, any cancellations just come off their huge backlog of orders, and the games they are producing are at a higher price point. They should be concerned for when things normalize that they have burned a large number of customers with the price increases after they have already put down deposits and waited months.

#373 2 years ago
    Quoted from ZMeny:

Sorry for the confusion y’all. So there was supposed to be a run of DP Prem at the end of December 2021. They bumped them all to 2022 but said there’s no month ETA in that run. They tentatively have DP on schedule for July 2022 for Pros and August 2022 for Prems. Now with them saying no ETA that could mean a run between now and the summer run OR that could mean no run until summer and they will combine the Prems in the August run

Is the February Mando Premium run still on as you reported on your podcast? Someone over in the Mando thread is saying their distro just told them March.

#375 2 years ago
    Quoted from ZMeny:

As of right now I am being told February for Mando Pro and Prem, with the remainder Prems of what wasn’t made Dec 2021 built into the February run. Godzillas back on the line in March maybe that’s what they were thinking.
    Then again, they may know something I don’t. I’m simply going off of the most up to date formal schedule sent to us dealers (which often changes no doubt)

Thanks, I think there was originally a Mando Premium run scheduled for March 2022 if I'm remembering correctly, but that was when the October 2021 run was still on.

2 weeks later
    #413 2 years ago
    Quoted from PinMonk:

RUSH line is halted due to parts availability as of this afternoon. They're building Mando Premiums that should have been built in Dec on the line instead until more RUSH parts show up. So...great for Mando Prem buyers?

I guess that makes sense since the remaining December Mando Premiums were supposed to be built sometime in February after Rush. Ran out of time machines or clocks maybe?

#432 2 years ago

I hope the supplier for the unavailable parts doesn't charge Stern an extra 15% now after they already placed their order and agreed on a price because that would be unethical.

#459 2 years ago
    Quoted from RC_like_the_cola:

I think the only reason it is on the line is because of Rush parts not arriving on time. That would make this run the Feb run, but moved up sooner to keep the line going. That's my assumption, of course.

They built a few Mando premiums at the end of the December too, so here's hoping that small run plus this moved up run meets or exceeds what they planned on building in February and at least gets them through the launch orders.

I'd like to think that once they made the decision to start building Mando after the Rush parts delay that they would just finish out that run rather than stopping it if those parts show up this week.

#472 2 years ago
    Quoted from Damonator:

It’s probably old stock / and no, those prices aren’t a joke. They quoted me $20k on a GZLE.

Only 17,999 now if you go with their floor demo machine.

#473 2 years ago
    Quoted from RobF:

yeah, uh well.... I just got a note from my dealer that his December DP Prem allotment is ready to ship as early as next week. I just got my updated invoice.

So Deadpool follows Mando while the wait for Rush parts continues?

#546 2 years ago

I can confirm that this January Mando Premium build, plus the few they built the last week of December, did not equal the total of what was supposed to come out of the original December run. Even though I was supposedly next in line for the (still planned?) February run, I cancelled with the distributor that had ordered from in May and was able to find a replacement from a different distributor that I should have by early next week.

#572 2 years ago

R&L is supposed to deliver one to me today too, but I think the winter storm delayed it.

jordan (resized).jpgjordan (resized).jpg
    2 weeks later
    #705 2 years ago
    Quoted from MaxIsDead:

I just really hope my Mando premium really pops out of the factory this time!

Good luck, I was supposedly next on the list from the distributor I ordered from in May after the end of January build. I cancelled with them and found one at a different distributor 3 weeks ago since I wasn't confident they would stick to their planned February run.

I learned an important lesson that your place in line with the distributor you ordered with is much more important than when you ordered.

2 weeks later
    #812 2 years ago
    Quoted from mbl1116:

You can still find NIB Mandos in stock without looking very hard…if any game should be pushed back it’s that one

Yep, I'd still be waiting on my May order if I hadn't cancelled with my local distro and bought one of the in stock ones last month.

4 weeks later
    #1485 2 years ago
    Quoted from pinheadpierre:

I just called my distro for a rough approximation of the ship date for the JP premium I have on order. They said June.

I was just told the JP premium run was moved to July.

#1515 2 years ago
    Quoted from mbl1116:

It’s only $1 bc you will never see that GZ…would definitely keep calling around

This. I put a deposit down on a Mando at launch, waited 8 months until the end of January, and still didn't get it (you're next on the list). So I started checking around and found one in less than a day.

#1523 2 years ago
    Quoted from PinCrush:

I'm on the "list" for a few games mentioned here. Honestly, I don't care if it's 2023 or 2024 or whatever. What I'm looking for is a commitment that I'm getting one eventually - a tough position for distributors with the info they apparently get from Stern. With a commit, I'm happy to wait forever. Without a commit, I need to consider the flipper market if I want to secure a game. Tuff stuff.

Remember the commitment is only that you'll get a game eventually, at whatever the then current price is. 2024 might be a couple price increases from where it is now.

#1529 2 years ago

Wouldn't this be better for everyone involved?

--A customer places on order for a game directly with Stern (or via an ordering portal from a distributor to Stern) with a non-refundable deposit of $1000 which guarantees the price and place in line, i.e. Godzilla Premium Order number 755.
    --Orders are then assigned by Stern to individual distributors (based on size/geography for those ordered from Stern directly), who take a fixed profit and arrange for delivery or shipping, and handle warranty related issues.

Stern would know exactly how many orders they have for a given game and could adjust their production accordingly, the customer would know exactly where they are at in line compared to everyone else and be able to better estimate when their game would be delivered, and distributors would have a lot less questions to deal with.

1 month later
    #2341 1 year ago
    Quoted from Fsdre:

The news of JP premiums jumping up the line out of nowhere is wild. Be sure to keep the group updated if you hear from your distributors!!

Somebody started opening up boxes and it was all T-Rex heads instead of Godzilla statues?

I was supposed to be in the April (then July) run but haven't heard anything yet.

#2453 1 year ago

I just got a shipping notice for a JP premium. From the tracking it looks like it is being drop shipped from Stern and was picked up there on Friday. It's currently sitting at a freight depot by O'Hare.

I ordered it early last month after finding a smaller distributor that had one available in the then April run. I was previously in limbo for months on a Mando premium from a larger distributor, and had to eat a price increase as a result, so my take away from that experience was to check around and find a distributor that can provide a more definite commitment.

#2587 1 year ago
    Quoted from RobF:

JP Prem was delivered today. It has a build date of 5/18 and was dropped shipped 5/19.

Me too, JP Premium delivered at lunch today with a 5/18 build date.

1 week later
    #2684 1 year ago
    Quoted from PinMonk:

It is kind of pot luck, but on balance most of the recent NIB Stern machines I've received have glass that is a little to a lot too tight.

We have little humidity in the central valley of CA, so it's not that. Loosening the rails and bending slightly helps, but it's a pain.

There was this at the factory about a month ago ¯\_(ツ)_/¯ My JP with a 5/18 build is tight as hell.

Untitled (resized).jpgUntitled (resized).jpg
    #2694 1 year ago
    Quoted from PinMonk:

It is kind of pot luck, but on balance most of the recent NIB Stern machines I've received have glass that is a little to a lot too tight.

We have little humidity in the central valley of CA, so it's not that. Loosening the rails and bending slightly helps, but it's a pain.

The metal side rails on mine were screwed into the cabinet really friggin' tight. After taking the plastic channels out and putting them back on after confirming I couldn't adjust them much, I just didn't tighten the metal side rails down as much (what I think you meant by loosening the rails). And now I can slide the glass in and out normally again.

Knowing what I know now, what I'd try for those having issues with the glass is just loosening the 2 middle screws on the metal side rails.

#2714 1 year ago
    Quoted from Digimatt:

Just got my DP premium this week and the glass is pretty tight as well.

For those having issues with very tight glass, try just loosening the screws on the metal side rails to see if it frees it up, and if that doesn't work loosen the bolts at the ends.

#2872 1 year ago
    Quoted from djsolzs:

[quoted image]

They should post a factory picture every Friday.

3 weeks later
    #3090 1 year ago
    Quoted from crunchysue:

Stern sells direct on Amazon? Is that legit? I thought everything had to go through a distributor.

Ships from and sold by Amazon.com. This is an interesting development. https://www.amazon.com/Pinball-Deadpool-Machine-Connected-Premium/dp/B0B34XYJGW

deadpool (resized).jpgdeadpool (resized).jpg
    5 months later
    #4677 1 year ago

At least some Bond Premiums were built after the LEs finished up. The one I ordered is being picked up at Stern today.

1 month later
    #5350 1 year ago
    Quoted from PinMonk:

Aren't topper nodes different than the Node8/9 boards?

Different part numbers for sure. Probably depends on if a particular topper needs to drive some LEDs, but likely very similar to those.

#5396 1 year ago
    Quoted from mbl1116:

This is really the key statement. Why on earth would you pay in full for something before the dealer even has to pay their own invoice?

For a Bond Premium I paid in full on release day because it guaranteed me one from the first run and I was able to put in on a CC and get cash back.

For Mando I got the your game is being built - please pay your invoice notice, and then it didn't show up so I know how that goes. Definitely a learning experience with that one.

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider KSP1138.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/what-is-on-the-line-at-stern-pinball-delays?tu=KSP1138 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.