Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 8,046 posts
  • 849 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 48 minutes ago by MacGruber
  • Topic is favorited by 531 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

Screenshot_20240318_201633_Chrome (resized).jpg
    IMG_8074 (resized).jpeg
    download (resized).jpeg
    7136153e-4781-4514-8f75-26077beb0e35-1655665323130 (resized).jpg
    designer-delays (resized).png
    image000000 (resized).jpeg
    IMG_1455.gif
    Skinner (resized).png
    26CDA9FF-5625-4BC0-AECC-1FF8C139FBFB (resized).jpeg
    pasted_image (resized).png
    IMG_5780 (resized).png
    bobbymcgeestub.png
    JT.gif
    IMG_5830 (resized).jpg
    hmm-futurama.gif
    IMG_1022.gif

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider KJL.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#953 2 years ago
    Quoted from dpkzone:

nyone heard news if an IM pro or prem run is in the cards before end of year.

If you are talking about IMDN Iron Maiden, I am also interested to know. I assume that since IM didn't have a premium.

When someone said that was done like GOT and STh did they mean IMDN? If so I'll hope for the pro vault like ACDC, MET, and IM which seemed to have runs after the license was "done".

#1088 1 year ago
    Quoted from rai:

DP pro f/s at the price of a nib premium

You used to NIB because you had to have that game before everyone else then you sold it for a few hundred below if it wasn’t for you

Now you buy NIB to save money or not pay for $1000s in mods you don’t notice

#1224 1 year ago
    Quoted from mbl1116:

Just received word that I should expect my GZ premium to ship in the “next week or so”. Confirmed to be in the March run

Congrats! Did they request payment?

1 week later
    #1358 1 year ago

I almost missed my Godzilla pro. Got several emails to my old email address from last purchase starting Monday . Randomly asked about something else and was told I almost missed out. Paid deposit Dec 4 for reference

Was also told any premium ordered now is 2023 for the second time

#1475 1 year ago
    Quoted from Mattyk:

I’m surprised that many of you are required to pay a $1,000 deposit on preorder.

In the old days when distributors had stock stern would tell them we’re going to do MET. Your distributor who didn’t have MET would call you and you would pay the $1000 deposit they had to pay to get it run. When Stern was ready to ship to you you’d pay the remaining $3900 and get the game

If your distributor ordered 100 they would get them. Now with allocations and distributors not knowing when the game will arrive or how many , some are not requiring the $1000 but they must be paying a deposit still unless stern has changed. With the market so tight they don’t seem to be concerned cause it will sell.

I switched back to my first distributor because I only needed to put down $100 on a couple games I didn’t know would be run this year. But my $1000 distributor is rock solid so we will see if it works out

1 month later
    #2223 1 year ago
    Quoted from Ty-Arnold:

Crickets. Yeah that's what I thought.

I dont doubt it at all. When I first started buying NIB there were dealers that gave their buddies deals at cost. Back then MSRP didnt mean anything either so there is slack in the system. Now MSRP is the going rate but Im sure there are lots of buyers still hooked up. Find them.

6 months later
    #4499 1 year ago
    Quoted from Tilt:

And of the 20% out do operators, a good portion are using card readers and not needing it to

I dont have a dog in this hunt but it appears to me that Spike games are not approved to have wall voltage in the cabinet so Stern is actually selling you a cable that puts all the liability on you so you can use a DBV that uses AC. Did I interpret that wrong?

3 months later
    #5710 11 months ago
    Quoted from vikingerik:(Side note - playing Rush is such a breath of fresh air compared to so many of the other licenses, since Rush was done with full source media and participation from the stars, rather than cheaping out for cartoon/comic or in-house graphical assets, or canned movie quotes or soundalike audio.)

Additional Side note. I agree that Rush is really well done especially when you play it after Bond. But think that would get boring if they did that on every Music pin.

I didn't like the cartoon production of Aero and IMDN when they first came out but they are growing on me especially IMDN. Not sure what a fun shooter really is but I like to play IMDN and dont like Bond yet. Hope they pull a full BM66 or SM (2 terrible pins on release) on Bond.

1 month later
    #6174 10 months ago
    Quoted from Markharris2000:

The Pinmonk approach is probably 'the best' approach but it requires you to open the power supply, cut some flexible bonding stuff, and then swap the fan internally. The new fan is a pin-pin replacement with the existing fan installed in the power supply.
    Alternatively, there is a 3D print of a part that attaches to the top of the power supply, attaches with one of the existing screws, and adds a 60mm fan to the process... powered by 12V from the CPU board. It gets the same job done, but is an external solution. The FAN can be a 18-24v type, and then runs quiet at 12v.
    Your choice. The pinmonk is $18 or so, and the Adapter & 60mm combo fan is about the same price. The main difference is one you have to retrofit into the power supply, and the other is a bolt-on.

How do you eliminate the noise if you don't pull the original fan out?

4 weeks later
    #6584 9 months ago
    Quoted from lu505:

Anyone notice the coin doors on IM and GZ only have only one coin slot on todays Factory Friday, is that for European 220v versions of games? I also seen Foo Fighters on the vid.

Those have historically been for export but they put those doors on Tron LE and people lost their minds

3 weeks later
    #6867 8 months ago
    Quoted from vikingerik:

Most every run except GZ has resulted in stock available at dealers at least for a little while,

I think this is getting back to old normal, I remember even AC/DC, Stern ST, and MET being available for a period of time, then they weren't and you had to hope for another run. It hurts to remember passing on a Tron 4th run that was in stock. Then after a little while they were gone, it looks like forever.

Whats different now is it does seem like Stern is running everything and even the Star Wars which has been run forever are eventually purchased.

1 week later
    #6950 8 months ago
    Quoted from Sorokyl:

Stern does not want anyone buying Pros to put in their home

I think if you want new home buyers you need to give them a way in the door without feeling like they totally lost their mind.

My first leap was $5700 for AC/DC Premium and that seemed nuts. $9500 would have been a non-starter. But after you get used to $7000 its less of a stretch to the next level. And besides you deserve the best for a second pin.

1 month later
    #7274 6 months ago
    Quoted from underlord:

End of build is: powers on. No codes. Put head down. Foam pads, slide in box. Rinse and repeat.

I agree. While I know a switch or mech doesn’t work I don’t expect a line worker to catch that when they can’t get enough machines out to meet demand. Now that is the norm and until we don’t buy all the JP30s not going to change

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider KJL.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/what-is-on-the-line-at-stern-pinball-delays?tu=KJL and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.