Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 8,174 posts
  • 859 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 24 hours ago by bwalter
  • Topic is favorited by 532 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

glasses.gif
    nedry.gif
    snaps.gif
    Screenshot_20240318_201633_Chrome (resized).jpg
    IMG_8074 (resized).jpeg
    download (resized).jpeg
    7136153e-4781-4514-8f75-26077beb0e35-1655665323130 (resized).jpg
    designer-delays (resized).png
    image000000 (resized).jpeg
    IMG_1455.gif
    Skinner (resized).png
    26CDA9FF-5625-4BC0-AECC-1FF8C139FBFB (resized).jpeg
    pasted_image (resized).png
    IMG_5780 (resized).png
    bobbymcgeestub.png
    JT.gif

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider Jason_Jehosaphat.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#851 2 years ago
    Quoted from unlockpinball:

Was there a "last call" for Sword of Rage?

Yes. I remember it. A year ago, if not less.

2 weeks later
    #1278 2 years ago
    Quoted from Insanity199:

Just got the call that my Godzilla Premium is ready so there is no doubt that they are on the line!

Awesome!
    Congrats!

March was supposed to be GDZ and AIQ. Hopefully all four (PRO and Premium of each) runs were done.
    Let's hope April is devoted to JP and Rush as planned!

#1356 2 years ago
    Quoted from jfh:

They used to have last calls to distributors for games. Don’t know why they stopped.

3 weeks later
    #1915 2 years ago
    Quoted from tedwasright:

...Godzilla Premium...
    The manufacture date is April 11, 2022.
    The box arrived with minimal bumps/scuffs.
    Any specific questions feel free to PM me.

Not sure if this is encouraging or discouraging.
    GDZ Premium was supposed to be on the line last month, not this month. Perhaps it was pushed back a month.
    However, it was also supposed to be on the line next month, not this month, so perhaps it was pushed up a month.
    Glass half empty or half full? I'm guessing it was pushed back, not up. That should mean everything else will be pushed back.

#1978 2 years ago

Is DP on the line earlier than scheduled?
    Just read a post from another Pinsider who was alerted by his distributor that his PRO would ship next week.

#2063 1 year ago
    Quoted from NEW-B:

Just got my final payment notice for my Rush Pro ordered on 1/6.

This tells me Rush is still on the line and that DP is not.
    Fair enough.
    It’s still April, after all.

3 weeks later
    #2477 1 year ago
    Quoted from mbl1116:

Has anyone heard from Automated/pinballs.com regarding a JP premium?

+1

#2487 1 year ago
    Quoted from mbl1116:

Sorry, were you saying you also want to know this? Or that you received word of shipping

The former.

3 weeks later
    #2967 1 year ago
    Quoted from sanctumwear:

I think Deadpool Prem/LE is faster and better flowing than the Pro. The Disco Loop ramp makes the game way faster than the left orbit dump off to the pops on the Pro.
    I could see the argument that the Pro is more difficult to play without the ramp, but it definitely plays slower.
    The extra drop targets on Prem/LE make the game play harder and unpredictable, the Pro is faster in that portion of the playfield.

+1

3 months later
    #3837 1 year ago

If 007 is “awaiting approvals” from EON and thus isn’t yet on the line, what *is* on the line? SW and LZ are done, no? Is it GOTG or something more clever, like JP2 Premium or Zilla Premium?

1 month later
    #4274 1 year ago

Is MET Slated For a Vault Edition Yet This Year?

Zach Meny reported on his TPN podcast that Stern is planning a VE of a SAM title, and it is NOT going to be TRON.
    So, what SAM will it be?
    They last ran MET in 2018.
    They last ran AC/DC in 2019.
    They last ran ST in 2019.
    They Vaulted Spider-Man in 2017.
    What other SAM could they possibly Vault? TWD?

Here’s a site with a full SAM list:

https://www.giantbomb.com/stern-sam-board-system/3015-8231/games/

#4283 1 year ago
    Quoted from Dwboca:

My .35$ is that its avatar. It'll sell around the movie

Makes sense.
    I would be disappointed however.
    There are funner SAMs to bring back.

1 week later
    #4373 1 year ago
    Quoted from Emkay79:

Metallica just released a new song and announced a new album today. The album releases in April 2023. Here's hoping!

Oh, bruh’!
    Now we’re talkin’!

1 week later
    #4556 1 year ago

Any educated guesses on MSRP for Q1 EHOH?
    The Premium was $8700 on its last run.
    Bond Premium is $9600.
    Why do people who speculate on EHOH assume it will cost considerably more than other Premiums?
    Is the consensus that Q1 EHOH will be $10K+?
    I have been chasing this title for years.
    I might finally have a shot at one, but will I pay $10K? I can’t imagine I would, no.

#4561 1 year ago

What do people know about MET 2.0?

The Super Awesome Pinball Show podcast reported that this is thought to be coming. Where did they they learn this?

They report it will have a LCD display. Does that mean it will be SPIKE2, not SAM?

How will Stern price such a pin? Like a “Studio” release? Surely they will make PRO’s, but there are no such things as Studio PRO’s. It’s all rather confusing.

3 months later
    #5642 1 year ago
    Quoted from Allibaster:

Just got news my Elvira from the second batch is in. Should be on its way to me on Monday.

May I ask what you mean by “second batch”?
    I thought this run began two weeks ago and lasted just one week.

Weird series of events? What do you mean?

#5644 1 year ago
    Quoted from jhallsuxatpinbal:

It looked like the run was going to be for one week but distros got less than expected. Then it took almost two full weeks to get the rest of the games out. Normally they run them and ship them and the line changes over.

Thanks for the lowdown.

#5662 1 year ago
    Quoted from Herm:

I have an HoH premium on order and last week when I checked I was told last week they said there was a parts delay with Elvira. Any weight with that?

Oh, fork!
    For real?
    Not good.
    I'm waiting for my shipping alert from my distro but it's not coming and I'm starting to worry. I know this last run was interrupted and as a result went from one week to three. I also know that some distros are still waiting for their machines. I'm trying to nail down when I can assume that I missed out. Don't you think distros will have all the games their going to get by, say, April 1st? I thought Stern ships games as quickly after they're boxed as possible. If Foo has been on the line for more than a week, EHOH has been OFF the line for more than a week, no?

#5676 1 year ago
    Quoted from Herm:

I got the arrival notification from my distributor and it’s heading my way today. A friend of mine who was chatting with his distributor about my order said that Stern is half way through the production run. The other half should be done next week.

Thanks for the lowdown!

1 week later
    #5754 1 year ago

As strange as it might sound, tomorrow’s Factory Friday will be very important for customers still waiting for their EHOH’s from this last run. Rumors are the title was back on the line THIS WEEK. I guess I would wager that Foo will be seen in tomorrow’s Factory Friday, but I would much prefer to see EHOH on there - for the sakes of all those EHOH buyers still waiting/hoping.

#5756 1 year ago
    Quoted from Sorokyl:

Keep in mind it's a marketing tool for social media not meant to be an accurate account or exactly what stern is doing each Friday morning. They showed Elvira earlier right? And they probably won't make it again, and have already sold all the ones they're going to make, so not much use in advertising it yea?

I’m sorry to hear that. I was hoping it was legit.

#5772 1 year ago

Thanks.
    This is the first half of my wish.
    The second is the email from the dealer alerting me that my pin is ready to ship.
    Haven’t seen that yet.

#5780 1 year ago
    Quoted from badfish981:

Will do thanks guys! Just quick question, I’m seeing a lot of posts that EHOH is a bear to dial in. Are these issues a relatively easy fix? Or should I run away?!

I recommend reading the EHOH owners’ thread and judging for yourself if you are comfortable buying a game that is known to require considerable finessing out of the box.

#5850 1 year ago
    Quoted from PinheadEDM:

I heard they needed to pause Elvira to get the FF LE’s completed and they’ll go back to Elvira to finish. I’m thankful, I just received Elvira and FF LE I should have in 1 to 2 weeks.

Hold on. You're reporting that the Elvira run is still unfinished? Like, my distro may STILL be waiting for his full allocation? I still haven't got my shipping alert and I'm losing hope. Your news is encouraging!

1 week later
    #5920 1 year ago
    Quoted from Elephanthead:

Not that it matters you will get bond machines and like it!!

Ha!
    You’re right!
    Time to conjure some actual customers for this title!

#5947 1 year ago

Are people expecting to see Foo Premiums and/or Bond PRO’s today in Stern’s Factory Friday clip?

#5962 1 year ago

Uff!
    Worst, least informative Factory Friday I can recall.
    Too bad!

4 weeks later
    #6245 11 months ago
    Quoted from PinMonk:

Even if you don't want one, Stern's gonna build one for you, and you're gonna take it.
    [quoted image]

Funny!

1 week later
    #6377 11 months ago
    Quoted from frenchman:

Is there a leaked photo of the godzilla topper?

Pas encore.

#6378 11 months ago
    Quoted from spikelou2:

This is not new and has nothing to do with the “Covid Bump”.

Why not? The impact of COVID on pinball collecting has all but subsided. People are now free to travel or recreate in ways that were closed to them during the pandemic. Spending huge sums on toys to amuse yourself while cooped up at home makes far less sense now. Have you noticed the sizeable surge in pin listings in the Pinside Classifieds? I certainly have. I'm also noticing many fewer "Pending" stamps because sellers are out of touch and asking above-market prices. This is a post-COVID market. It's also a recession market and a defensive market. Collectors are selling to shore up cash because they're uneasy about having so much tied up in pins. They're not as bullish on pins as they were two years ago and the push to sell reflects that. Only the rare or uber-collectible titles sell quickly and only at fair prices. Everything else is sitting unless it's bargain priced. Supply exceeds demand. And take a closer look at distributors and their ads. They're posting ads for titles that were particularly "hot" just a year ago, but today sit even when shipping is included. (JP2 Premium and EHOH Premium, for example.) Before, the distros had waiting lists for these titles, but no longer. Distributors are struggling to sell games. The only recent Sterns that will sell within a week as HUO are 'zilla and Foo Premiums. Everything else has to be discounted far more than it was just a year ago to close a sale.

#6382 11 months ago
    Quoted from cbdarden:

As an FYI, I still don’t have my Godzilla Premium, a year later.

I'm curious: how many raffle tickets did you buy? What was the pool? How large? Thousands or tens of thousands? Congrats, for sure!

2 weeks later
    5 months later
    #7701 4 months ago

Tomorrow's "Factory-Friday" Prediction, Anyone?

Will GOTG still be on the line, or will STh Premiums sneak in there? Or will it somehow be yet more GDZ?

#7704 4 months ago
    Quoted from TroyS:

Its the surprise release of the Beastie Boys! On the line baby!

That's an imaginative prediction. Thank you.

1 week later
    #7780 4 months ago

Factory Friday prediction, anyone?

STh Premium, show yourself!

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider Jason_Jehosaphat.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/what-is-on-the-line-at-stern-pinball-delays?tu=Jason_Jehosaphat and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.