Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 8,156 posts
  • 858 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 8 hours ago by big-c66
  • Topic is favorited by 533 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

glasses.gif
    nedry.gif
    snaps.gif
    Screenshot_20240318_201633_Chrome (resized).jpg
    IMG_8074 (resized).jpeg
    download (resized).jpeg
    7136153e-4781-4514-8f75-26077beb0e35-1655665323130 (resized).jpg
    designer-delays (resized).png
    image000000 (resized).jpeg
    IMG_1455.gif
    Skinner (resized).png
    26CDA9FF-5625-4BC0-AECC-1FF8C139FBFB (resized).jpeg
    pasted_image (resized).png
    IMG_5780 (resized).png
    bobbymcgeestub.png
    JT.gif

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider GRB1959.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#1809 2 years ago
    Quoted from mbl1116:

Total crapshoot. If you ask me I’d tell you that freight companies must employ a bunch of reckless toddlers as I’ve had to refuse both NIB games that have been delivered directly to my house. You’ll find others on this thread that have had a dozen home deliveries go flawlessly. Just don’t be shy about making the driver wait while you inspect the box. If there’s anything funny about the box they also have to wait while you open it up….and don’t let the driver try to get you to sign before opening the liftgate (R&L)

I just recently (Tuesday, April 12) took delivery (Forward Air) of a NIB Wonka LE. I purchased the game through Automated Services, LLC. The box was fully intact with no visible damage and both the shock sensor and tip sensor on the box indicated that the shipment was not damaged.

The delivery driver used his pallet jack and put the game into my garage and asked me to sign for the game. I told him that I would sign for it, however, I let him know that I would add 'UNABLE TO CHECK FOR CONCEALED DAMAGE' as a notation to the Bill of Lading that I signed and he said that was a common practice and many customers did the same thing.

When I unboxed and setup the game a few hours later it was in perfect condition without any damage. Prior to receiving my NIB Wonka LE, Automated Services, LLC, sent me the following instructions for receiving my NIB Wonka LE.

*** PLEASE NOTE ***

THE SHIPMENT MUST BE UNBOXED AND THOROUGHLY INSPECTED (ALL FOUR SIDES, TOP, BOTTOM, ETC.) UPON ARRIVAL WHILE THE FREIGHT COMPANY IS STILL THERE. THERE CAN BE DAMAGE SUSTAINED BY DROPPING THE MACHINE WHICH MAY NOT BE OBVIOUS WITH A VISIBLE INSPECTION OF THE OUTSIDE PACKAGING.

IF THE DRIVER WILL NOT WAIT FOR YOU TO UNBOX THE FREIGHT, JUST NOTE 'UNABLE TO CHECK FOR CONCEALED DAMAGE' ON THE PAPERWORK HE WILL ASK YOU TO SIGN AND THEN SIGN.

IF THERE IS ANY DAMAGE WHATSOEVER, YOU MAY EITHER REFUSE THE SHIPMENT OR NOTE THE DAMAGE ON THE BILL OF LADING WHEN SIGNING FOR THE SHIPMENT.

IF THERE ARE NO NOTES DESCRIBING ANY DAMAGE OR "UNABLE TO CHECK FOR CONCEALED DAMAGE' NOTED ON THE SIGNED PAPERWORK, THEN THERE IS NO RECOURSE FOR AN INSURANCE CLAIM OF DAMAGE UNDER ANY CIRCUMSTANCES. ANY QUESTIONS, PLEASE CALL US AT 800-727-8363 OR CALL THE FREIGHT COMPANY'S CUSTOMER SERVICE NUMBER ABOVE.

AGAIN, DO NOT SIGN FOR THE MERCHANDISE UNTIL YOU ARE SATISFIED THAT IT HAS NOT BEEN DAMAGED IN TRANSIT - YOUR SIGNATURE ON THE BILL OF LADING WITHOUT NOTATIONS MEANS THAT THE MACHINE WAS RECEIVED CLEAR OF ANY SHIPPING DAMAGE.*****

Gord

3 months later
    #3387 1 year ago
    Quoted from jeffspinballpalace:

Now is the perfect time to pick up an EHOH topper. Get the topper before you get your game.

I just did exactly this. Now the hunt for a NIB EHOH premium is underway. I know, it is not easy to find one.

Gord

4 months later
    #4605 1 year ago
    Quoted from Concretehardt:

Just saw this on the Elvira thread..

Yesterday I received an email from Kingpin Games saying that EHOH premiums were going to be run in Feb/Mar of 2023.

Gord

4 months later
    #6024 11 months ago
    Quoted from PinRat:

paradisedistro you may want to reach out to Stern because you only show up in a search from a mobile device, not from a desktop browser. This could be hurting your business

I just checked from my laptop using Google Chrome as a browser and get the following results when searching under 'US Distributor' for Wyoming. When searching under 'US Dealer' they do not show up since Wyoming is not listed as a state option.

I don't really know the difference between a US Dealer and a US Distributor, but 'PARADISE AMUSEMENT DISTRIBUTION OF WYOMING' does indeed show up when searching under 'US Distributor' using a browser.

Gord

Stern_Wyo_Distros (resized).jpgStern_Wyo_Distros (resized).jpg

4 weeks later
    #6362 10 months ago
    Quoted from TechnicalSteam:

How do you follow up FooFighters?
    Is Stranger Things really back on line? I've heard rumors on FB.

Has Stern ever put a game that has already been archived back on the line?

Gord

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider GRB1959.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/what-is-on-the-line-at-stern-pinball-delays?tu=GRB1959 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.