Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 8,174 posts
  • 859 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 23 hours ago by bwalter
  • Topic is favorited by 532 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

glasses.gif
    nedry.gif
    snaps.gif
    Screenshot_20240318_201633_Chrome (resized).jpg
    IMG_8074 (resized).jpeg
    download (resized).jpeg
    7136153e-4781-4514-8f75-26077beb0e35-1655665323130 (resized).jpg
    designer-delays (resized).png
    image000000 (resized).jpeg
    IMG_1455.gif
    Skinner (resized).png
    26CDA9FF-5625-4BC0-AECC-1FF8C139FBFB (resized).jpeg
    pasted_image (resized).png
    IMG_5780 (resized).png
    bobbymcgeestub.png
    JT.gif

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider FatPanda.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#3234 1 year ago

Just hopping into the thread and see that GZ Pro/Prem are set for July. I put in an order for GZ Pro about a month ago...just wondering if people are still waiting on Pros or just the Prems? CT told me that there should be room in their allotment for July to get one when I ordered, unless they get shorted for whatever reason.

#3243 1 year ago
    Quoted from GoodOmens:

With a little hustle you can find a distributor with July pro allotment (as of yesterday I think ovfdfireman might have had some). Haven't found one yet with Premium, so if anyone has any leads....

I'm not in a huge rush. I'll keep my order with CT...hoping it won't be until 2023 before I get it though.

#3245 1 year ago

JP Prems on the line right now.

1 month later
    #3555 1 year ago

Getting a GZ Pro scheduled for delivery on Friday, coming from CT. Just fyi, the games shipped to CT first, then they are coming back out to me in WI, so...not 100% necessarily true they they use a warehouse at/near Stern.

It's coming via Fedex Freight, and I've heard bad things...*fingers crossed*

#3557 1 year ago
    Quoted from SimplePin:

They do have a warehouse near Stern. My GZ Prem from CT came direct from IL. Not sure why games sometimes got to PA before shipping to customers.

Yeah, I checked the tracking # and it's coming from PA. No biggie I suppose, but it going to the east coast, then back "home" is kind of meaningless. I would have been happy to pick up directly at Stern too, but I don't believe they do that.

#3567 1 year ago
    Quoted from Tilt:

you can say fedex sucks, but just think of it. the guy that gets fired from fedex today, starts at another shipping company tommorow, lol.
    Every single shipping company has its pros and cons. But reality, all of them have minimum wage workers that only care about putting the hours in, not the product that they are moving. The workers dont have any responsibility with any of the companies. And this isnt just with pinball, this is across the board with shippers. Also, no one wants to pay anything, when i say this, as we all know, stern games come on a skid that is the size of the box. if you went with a normal size skid, (48x40) there would be a lot less issues. But with that size is additional cost. around 200 bucks.

as i have said before, there are a half dozen of us that use a warehouse in chicago, it just moved and is now about 25 minutes from stern. With the way production is lately, sometimes we might only get a couple games, and other times (depending on size of distributor) we might get 20+ games. It makes no sense for us to pay to ship a couple games to our location, so in those cases, i personally always will use the chicago warehouse. But if it is 20 games, it lowers the shipping cost per unit drastically and is worth sending to my location. Remember, distributors pay all shipping to get games, Stern lets us know when they are on their dock, and its our responsibility to get it from them. So for example, if 1 game is ready, should I pay 250 to get that one game to my place, or pay 50 to get it to the chicago warehouse? are you willing to pay the extra 200? But if i get 20 games, it goes down to about 40 a game to get them to me, which makes more sense then. Us distributors dont pass on the cost that it takes us to get the games, if we did, there would be even more complaining

I appreciate the nugget of wisdom. I (we) are just consumers, so we see the "consumer" side of things. Example, I would have to pay double the shipping if it was shipped to the distro first, then back to me, so it would make sense to only pay for one leg of the trip vs two legs of a trip. What you say makes a lot of sense.

Also as a consumer, it's just more "risk" to the cargo having to endure two trips vs one. I'm sure as a distro, you assume some risk from the shipping companies as well, but I bet you have some policies playing in the background there that I'm not aware. I just pay and expect a game

Thanks for posting!

1 week later
    #3601 1 year ago
    Quoted from Nevus:

In my experience, shipping companies are often judged by the end of the line office near your home/business.
    I’ve got a friendly relationship with the FedEx freight crew locally and they are great. They know well the few pinball collectors in our community and go out of the way to help us. They alert us to box damage etc and are helpful in documenting issues.

I'm happy to say that my GZ Pro arrived with no damage to the shipping box whatsoever. The Fedex guy that took it off the truck was really interested and thought it was awesome that I bought a pinball machine. He had asked me (in my home garage) if this was for an arcade? I just told him, nope it's going right into my basement and that I'm fortunate enough to be able to buy these occasionally, and that it's a treat for me and the family. He was just awed. He was patient and allowed me to open it and inspect it (despite the box looking pretty much perfect). I was quite happy with the experience.

8 months later
    #6228 11 months ago
    Quoted from Vitty:

My belief is cointaker waits until a huge trailer is full of games in Chicago before they send them to themselves and then onto customers.

When I bought my GZ Pro from Cointaker, they shipped it to themselves, then out to me. I probably still have the email somewhere.

I'm not sure if they "wait for a huge trailer full". I just know that they ship games to themselves first, then out to customers.

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider FatPanda.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/what-is-on-the-line-at-stern-pinball-delays?tu=FatPanda and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.