Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 8,174 posts
  • 859 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 15 hours ago by bwalter
  • Topic is favorited by 532 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

glasses.gif
    nedry.gif
    snaps.gif
    Screenshot_20240318_201633_Chrome (resized).jpg
    IMG_8074 (resized).jpeg
    download (resized).jpeg
    7136153e-4781-4514-8f75-26077beb0e35-1655665323130 (resized).jpg
    designer-delays (resized).png
    image000000 (resized).jpeg
    IMG_1455.gif
    Skinner (resized).png
    26CDA9FF-5625-4BC0-AECC-1FF8C139FBFB (resized).jpeg
    pasted_image (resized).png
    IMG_5780 (resized).png
    bobbymcgeestub.png
    JT.gif

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider Chisox.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#1336 2 years ago
    Quoted from PapaBless:

Congrats to those who are hearing back from their dist about GZ. Any reason we are not naming the specific distributors?

I don’t want to answer for others, but I personally wouldn’t as I think it would only result in angry e-mails/texts/calls to my distributor. Everyone always wants a timeline on their game being ready nowadays (myself included) and I can only imagine being a distributor waking up to 50+ e-mails every morning asking about the status of their game, especially if they hear that you told someone else that their game is on the way.

#1338 2 years ago
    Quoted from PapaBless:

Fair enough! I thought this might have been why as well. I appreciate your personal insight as I was curious

The demand is obviously nuts but on a different note I was in Long Beach last week and got a first hand look at the supply chain issues everyone is talking about. Cargo ships as far as the eye could see just sitting there waiting. It was mind boggling and made me a little more sympathetic to manufacturers. Hope you get your game soon, GZ is incredible!

#1367 2 years ago
    Quoted from newovad:

I guess I see this differently. I'd see someone posting that they got an email from my distro and think, "my game must not be ready yet since I didn't get any info. I guess I'll be waiting for the next round".
    That said, anyone that's heard from Cointaker about GZ (I'm a Pro) shipment this week, feel free to PM me that info.

Yup, and that’s the way I would take that info too. My concern would be that there’s a bunch of people who wouldn’t take that news in stride. On an unrelated note, your collection of games is amazing. Well done.

#1368 2 years ago
    Quoted from vicjw66:

I’m Working on it. The backlog of ships is getting smaller.
    [quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]
    [quoted image]

Godspeed sir. I had no idea of the scale of things that go down in that area until I visited for the first time a few years ago. It’s pretty remarkable.

#1542 2 years ago

I’m quite sure that Stern is doing everything in their power to take advantage of the resurgence they’ve been waiting for for almost 30 years. As Rodent pointed out, almost everything on these games are custom made parts, not like they’re waiting on screws, washers, and fuses.

#1548 2 years ago
    Quoted from shanksfornothin:

Maybe a dumb question (which is why I don’t want to ask my dist.) but I hear you guys talk about bank transfers for payment. They do take credit cards right? I’m sure some people do it differently but I just assumed all this time that was an option for me…. My anxiety is getting the best of me lol

Most do but not all, and I think those that do usually charge 3% to do so. I would check with your distributor. Not a dumb question at all btw, but I’m sure sure you can find the answer on their website if you don’t want to ask them.

1 week later
    #1800 2 years ago
    Quoted from Only_Pinball:

All this talk of receiving NIB games reminds me, don't forget to tip the drivers! They work hard and really appreciate it.

Yes! These guys only unload and deliver -and get bitched at for 1. It taking so long for delivery from the manufacturer 2. the 9 AM-2 PM window making the recipient take the day off work 3. some mouth breather forking the game and still loading it on the truck like nothing happened. I always offer the guy a drink and give him a 20 while I check everything out. That’s when they tell you the stories about unloading stuff off the truck while thinking “oh man, this is not gonna go over well”.

#1854 2 years ago

Buddy had his AIQ pro delivered yesterday from the latest run. Just an FYI.

1 week later
    #2053 1 year ago
    Quoted from TheClownpuncher:

know one guy that has deposits/his name on the list on Godzilla at 5 distros.

Not sure why, but this rubs me the wrong way. Hopefully they at least let the other 4 distributors know when they get a game to take them off their lists.

1 week later
    #2173 1 year ago
    Quoted from scottgreenmagic:

No. It was pouring non-stop for like two days. This is probably current.

More like two months. It’s definitely current, flooding everywhere. Worst spring ever.

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider Chisox.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/what-is-on-the-line-at-stern-pinball-delays?tu=Chisox and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.