Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 8,163 posts
  • 858 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 2 hours ago by big-c66
  • Topic is favorited by 533 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

glasses.gif
    nedry.gif
    snaps.gif
    Screenshot_20240318_201633_Chrome (resized).jpg
    IMG_8074 (resized).jpeg
    download (resized).jpeg
    7136153e-4781-4514-8f75-26077beb0e35-1655665323130 (resized).jpg
    designer-delays (resized).png
    image000000 (resized).jpeg
    IMG_1455.gif
    Skinner (resized).png
    26CDA9FF-5625-4BC0-AECC-1FF8C139FBFB (resized).jpeg
    pasted_image (resized).png
    IMG_5780 (resized).png
    bobbymcgeestub.png
    JT.gif
    There are 8,163 posts in this topic. You are on page 97 of 164.
    #4801 1 year ago
    Quoted from gandamack:

There is a premium NIB in the classifieds if you don't want to wait.

Thanks, but I'm hanging in there. The price probably went up $2,500 or more. I haven't thought much about it. I'm not really lacking for pinball and have been quite busy in life, so the time has just been rolling by almost as fast as Stern price increases.

#4803 1 year ago

Saw Elwin post a bunch of GZ sculpts on his instagram yesterday. Finally getting mine from the next run so I’m hoping it’s soon!

#4804 1 year ago
    Quoted from JustEverett:

Saw Elwin post a bunch of GZ sculpts on his instagram yesterday. Finally getting mine from the next run so I’m hoping it’s soon!

I’m hoping to finally get my Project Pinball Godzilla on the next run.

#4805 1 year ago
    Quoted from Mundy53:

Dang, I’ve been waiting something like 58 weeks to give them $9,000, now $9,700 (yay!) thanks to how long it’s been since I put in my order. I can imagine waiting what’s probably felt like forever to get a game I won.

#4806 1 year ago
    Quoted from desertT1:

Dang, I’ve been waiting something like 58 weeks to give them $9,000, now $9,700 (yay!) thanks to how long it’s been since I put in my order. I can imagine waiting what’s probably felt like forever to get a game I won.

You should check another distributor. Sounds like you got on a long list

#4807 1 year ago
    Quoted from desertT1:

I gave up on getting a NIB GZ - managed to fine a used premium for old new price but only 586 plays. I'm happy.

There should be a ton of supply coming this year but I think demand is still growing too. Game surprises anyone who plays it at my house. It's a special game for sure.

#4808 1 year ago

I'm just hoping they do another run of Stranger Things Premium as Gomez hinted at - preferably with an updated TK lock mechanism and the UV playfield pre-installed. Also I'm not sure when such a thing might be able to fit into the production schedule if it DID happen.

#4809 1 year ago
    Quoted from dboeren:

I'm just hoping they do another run of Stranger Things Premium as Gomez hinted at - preferably with an updated TK lock mechanism and the UV playfield pre-installed. Also I'm not sure when such a thing might be able to fit into the production schedule if it DID happen.

There are gaps in the schedule this year and keep in mind, they are moving to a larger facility. It could happen.

#4810 1 year ago

I’m on a list for GZPre that has about 70 people deep. I’m way up on it. The distro only getting about 10 GZPre’s this run in Feb. at this rate it will be 2-3 years for me.

#4811 1 year ago
    Quoted from johnnyutah:

I’m on a list for GZPre that has about 70 people deep. I’m way up on it. The distro only getting about 10 GZPre’s this run in Feb. at this rate it will be 2-3 years for me.

I thought I recently saw a classified which said that you could get a NIB Prem on this Feb. run. I believe the dist was out of the Chicago area. May want to check that out.

#4812 1 year ago
    Quoted from kool1:

I gave up on getting a NIB GZ - managed to fine a used premium for old new price but only 586 plays. I'm happy.
    There should be a ton of supply coming this year but I think demand is still growing too. Game surprises anyone who plays it at my house. It's a special game for sure.

I was kinda like you. But I shifted from a Prem to Pro. I got my NIB pro in Sept. Great game.

#4813 1 year ago
    Quoted from johnnyutah:

Call around to other distributors, especially the smaller ones. In the summer I found a gz premium within a week after waiting on a list for months.

#4814 1 year ago
    Quoted from jackd104:

Call around to other distributors,

I think the key here is the word, "call". Most distributors don't update their webpage in a timely manner.

#4815 1 year ago
    Quoted from desertT1:

Yea, I won in September 2021. After waiting over a year, they attempted delivery last November, but the game fell off a forklift at FedEx. Hopefully it goes well and I get in next run.

#4816 1 year ago
    Quoted from jackd104:

Call around to other distributors, especially the smaller ones. In the summer I found a gz premium within a week after waiting on a list for months.

I agree - I have found stock at some smaller distros that the larger more known distros didn't have. I doubt anyone has a GZ in stock right now though.

Quoted from Quadrat:

I was kinda like you. But I shifted from a Prem to Pro. I got my NIB pro in Sept. Great game.

The pro is super fun, honestly I would have taken one last year if it was offered but I didn't even get that.

#4817 1 year ago
    Quoted from dboeren:

Next year (2024) would probably make sense since they will have a larger factory and the final season of Stranger Things will be released.

I do think something else (in addition to 2 cornerstones) is going to be released by Stern in 2023, either a vault or a boutique game. I hope somebody asks Gomez directly so we can see what he says.

#4818 1 year ago

What are the thoughts on what the cornerstones are going to be?

#4819 1 year ago
    Quoted from unclerudy:

Pick two of the following: Venom, Sonic, He-man/MOTU, Foo Fighters, Jaws.

#4820 1 year ago

When are Bond 60th’s expected to hit the line?

#4821 1 year ago
    Quoted from Grantman:

Venom, Sonic, He-man/MOTU, Foo Fighters, Jaws.

#4822 1 year ago
    Quoted from unclerudy:

According to Kaneda next 4 - Venom, Foo Fighters, Indiana Jones and Jaws.

#4823 1 year ago
    Quoted from kool1:

For the love of god, that is one humorless lineup.

#4824 1 year ago
    Quoted from kool1:

#4825 1 year ago
    Quoted from kool1:

According to Kaneda

#4826 1 year ago
    Quoted from gandamack:

I thought I recently saw a classified which said that you could get a NIB Prem on this Feb. run. I believe the dist was out of the Chicago area. May want to check that out.

Yeah I should shop around. My distro is super close and I’ve been a customer for years. Easy to just go and pay cash and just grab game and go also. Might need to shop around.

#4827 1 year ago
    Quoted from kool1:

Well I guess I’m feeling a hell of a lot better about the fact that I don’t have any funds for a new machine!

#4828 1 year ago
    Quoted from westofrome:

For the love of god, that is one humorless lineup.

Jaws is apparently the next Elwin. It could be good, I'm more than a little curious for sure because GZ is so good. I wasn't excited for GZ theme but I love the game.

#4829 1 year ago
    Quoted from kool1:

Foo fighters after Venom would put it in a part of the year Stern hasn't done music pins. Usually they're released between Dec and Mar.

#4830 1 year ago
    Quoted from Mundy53:

Second time's a charm....

#4831 1 year ago
    Quoted from Grantman:

Pick two of the following: Venom, Sonic, He-man/MOTU, Foo Fighters, Jaws.

I’ve got to say I’m in the early stages of serious addiction and everything but venom on that list still seems kinda meh…

#4832 1 year ago

I'm sure there are Foo Fighters fans who would be down for a pin, but geez, what a milquetoast theme. They have no cool mascot, they've never even had a cool album cover (sorry if you're a fan, but I googled and looked, it's true), it's just a zero personality band to me.

I'll drop a few coins on location to try it once.

Venom could be fine if it's an original comic version and not the shit movies. But he's been featured on two different Spider-Man pins already, feels kinda stale already tbh. But good art and some proper darkness instead of cartooniness might make it work. Deadpool showed the way.

He-Man ... I'm the prime demographic for it age wise. Eh ... I was almost tempted by the Mondo Skeletor figure they put out, I sure didn't want the rest of them. It just feels corny to me, and I'm someone who had the toys as a kid. Are other people not around my age going to be into this? Big "gotta get the tone right" risk imo.

Jaws is a cool idea in theory, but I think if it happens the only way it works is if it's more like Keith's Jurassic Park and isn't strictly tied to what happened in the film. I know it's a beloved movie, but there just aren't that many actual on-screen scenes that make for great pinball. It's a lot of talking outside of the few big shark themes.

Let me play as the shark.

#4833 1 year ago

Elvira supposedly on the line

#4834 1 year ago
    Quoted from Aurich:

I'm sure there are Foo Fighters fans who would be down for a pin, but geez, what a milquetoast theme. They have no cool mascot, they've never even had a cool album cover (sorry if you're a fan, but I googled and looked, it's true), it's just a zero personality band to me.
    I'll drop a few coins on location to try it once.
    Venom could be fine if it's an original comic version and not the shit movies. But he's been featured on two different Spider-Man pins already, feels kinda stale already tbh. But good art and some proper darkness instead of cartooniness might make it work. Deadpool showed the way.
    He-Man ... I'm the prime demographic for it age wise. Eh ... I was almost tempted by the Mondo Skeletor figure they put out, I sure didn't want the rest of them. It just feels corny to me, and I'm someone who had the toys as a kid. Are other people not around my age going to be into this? Big "gotta get the tone right" risk imo.
    Jaws is a cool idea in theory, but I think if it happens the only way it works is if it's more like Keith's Jurassic Park and isn't strictly tied to what happened in the film. I know it's a beloved movie, but there just aren't that many actual on-screen scenes that make for great pinball. It's a lot of talking outside of the few big shark themes.

Those are my thoughts on Jaws as well. The actual assets from that movies would be boring, that’s not to say Elwin couldn’t make a fun game out of it but why start with your hands tied behind your back like that. I don’t think people really think through some of these dream themes, The Meg would probably have better assets

#4835 1 year ago
    Quoted from skink91:

When are Bond 60th’s expected to hit the line?

Did they sell any?

#4836 1 year ago
    Quoted from Aurich:

I mean that's what you have to do, right? Sinking the boat would WAY better than some ball gobbling shark mech.

"Hit the Yellow Raft Ramp!"

#4837 1 year ago
    Quoted from seenev:

Did they sell any?

start shipping tuesday is my guess

#4838 1 year ago
    Quoted from Aurich:

The Foo Fighters are a pop band pretending to be hard rock. I listened to them in high school and I thought their music was cheesy. It's hard to believe it's like 25 years later and they're so respected. Whenever I hear about them putting about a new album, I can't help but think "aren't you guys too old for this now?" It must be hard to be so rich and famous and still try to sound like a moody teenager.

#4839 1 year ago
    Quoted from Aurich:

I would bet that is how it will work

#4840 1 year ago
    Quoted from seenev:

Did they sell any?

They sold me one

#4841 1 year ago
    Quoted from gandamack:

I would bet that is how it will work

It's a Spielberg movie. The guy who went back and photoshopped the guns in ET to be walkie-talkies. I wouldn't hold your breath for the license being down with "play as the shark and murder as many people as possible".

#4842 1 year ago
    Quoted from Aurich:

It's a Spielberg movie. The guy who went back and photoshopped the guns in ET to be walkie-talkies. I wouldn't hold your breath for the license being down with "play as the shark and murder as many people as possible".

Lol, they could do another "rescue unsuccessful" the same way they got around it for Jurassic Park

#4843 1 year ago
    Quoted from Aurich:

We just took my girls to Universal Studios over Christmas and rode E.T. and watched the movie. When I was looking up the movie I ran across several instances where Spielberg now says he regrets that so let’s go killer shark!!!
    https://www.yahoo.com/entertainment/blogs/the-projector/steven-spielberg-finally-admits-walkie-talkies-were-mistake-142746809.html

#4844 1 year ago
    Quoted from seenev:

Did they sell any?

They did… but that wasn’t my question was it? Or did you have some additional weight to get off your chest?

#4845 1 year ago

Oh snap!

4520BD81-8724-449B-878C-881463A80BCD (resized).jpeg4520BD81-8724-449B-878C-881463A80BCD (resized).jpeg
    #4846 1 year ago
    Quoted from jfh:

Elvira supposedly on the line

Quoted from Concretehardt:

Oh snap!
    [quoted image]

If this is true, can't wait to get mine!!!

#4847 1 year ago
    Quoted from Concretehardt:

Oh snap!
    [quoted image]

What's the price on these now? I remember when the price started with a 7...

#4848 1 year ago
    Quoted from crujones4life:

It starts with a 1 now

#4849 1 year ago
    Quoted from crujones4life:

Still starts with a 7. It's just that it's 7+3 now.

#4850 1 year ago
    Quoted from mstang01:

I’ve got to say I’m in the early stages of serious addiction and everything but venom on that list still seems kinda meh…

Quoted from mstang01:

They sold me one

If you are in the early stages of addiction being on pinside for a year and have fourteen games with a 007 60th on the way I can't imagine what full blown addiction looks like for you.

There are 8,163 posts in this topic. You are on page 97 of 164.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/what-is-on-the-line-at-stern-pinball-delays/page/97?hl=mundy53 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.