Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 8,174 posts
  • 859 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 20 hours ago by bwalter
  • Topic is favorited by 532 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

glasses.gif
    nedry.gif
    snaps.gif
    Screenshot_20240318_201633_Chrome (resized).jpg
    IMG_8074 (resized).jpeg
    download (resized).jpeg
    7136153e-4781-4514-8f75-26077beb0e35-1655665323130 (resized).jpg
    designer-delays (resized).png
    image000000 (resized).jpeg
    IMG_1455.gif
    Skinner (resized).png
    26CDA9FF-5625-4BC0-AECC-1FF8C139FBFB (resized).jpeg
    pasted_image (resized).png
    IMG_5780 (resized).png
    bobbymcgeestub.png
    JT.gif
    There are 8,174 posts in this topic. You are on page 95 of 164.
    #4701 1 year ago
    Quoted from Sorokyl:

Just combining two threads... (and adding a speculative 2nd cornerstone to the blank Sept '23 line, and speculative last calls)
    Jan 2023 - Bond Premium
    Jan 2023 - Bond 60th
    Jan 2023 - Bond Pro (home buyers)
    Feb 2023 - Godzilla Premium (big run)
    Feb 2023 - Elvira Premium (10,499 price)
    Mar 2023 - New Cornerstone (Venom or FF?)
    Apr 2023 - Bond Pro & Premium
    Apr 2023 - Cornerstone Premium
    May 2023 - Iron Maiden Pro & Premium (last call??)
    Jun 2023 - Bond Pro
    Jun 2023 - Godzilla Pro
    Jun 2023 - JP Premium
    July 2023: Avengers Pro/Premium
    August 2023: Star Wars Pro/Premium
    September 2023: New Cornerstone??
    October 2023: Jurassic Park Pro
    November 2023: Godzilla Premium & Mandalorian Pro/Premium
    December 2023: Deadpool Pro/Premium (last call ??)

Apparently Star Wars will be ran forever.

#4702 1 year ago
    Quoted from Happy81724:

I got mine in the last run. People were surprised then that they were still being made and that people still wanted them. Awesome game! They must still have enough interest to justify.

#4703 1 year ago
    Quoted from Sorokyl:

Just combining two threads... (and adding a speculative 2nd cornerstone to the blank Sept '23 line, and speculative last calls)
    Jan 2023 - Bond Premium
    Jan 2023 - Bond 60th
    Jan 2023 - Bond Pro (home buyers)
    Feb 2023 - Godzilla Premium (big run)
    Feb 2023 - Elvira Premium (10,499 price)
    Mar 2023 - New Cornerstone (Venom or FF?)
    Apr 2023 - Bond Pro & Premium
    Apr 2023 - Cornerstone Premium
    May 2023 - Iron Maiden Pro & Premium (last call??)
    Jun 2023 - Bond Pro
    Jun 2023 - Godzilla Pro
    Jun 2023 - JP Premium
    July 2023: Avengers Pro/Premium
    August 2023: Star Wars Pro/Premium
    September 2023: New Cornerstone??
    October 2023: Jurassic Park Pro
    November 2023: Godzilla Premium & Mandalorian Pro/Premium
    December 2023: Deadpool Pro/Premium (last call ??)

what is the FF? Fantastic four? Do people really think it will be venom or whatever FF is?

#4704 1 year ago
    Quoted from Fsdre:

what is the FF? Fantastic four? Do people really think it will be venom or whatever FF is?

Think its rumored Foo Fighters

#4705 1 year ago
    Quoted from Paseb:

anyone played Elvira?
    how do you compare to GZ ?
    id be interrested in getting a 2nd pin but would like to have something that feels different from GZ which i really like.
    im not a music fan. so no rush, maiden etc ,etc

I have a Godzilla Premium and have played Elvira only a few times but I really liked it. It shoots very smooth, but is a more conventional layout than Godzilla. It stayed on my short list for quite a while until I finally decided that at the price I'd rather look for two Pro costed machines and that I didn't really like the theme enough. It's not necessarily Elvira that I didn't like, it just didn't seem like the callouts and video were quite want I wanted - I actually like Scared Stiff more in that respect. The new game doesn't seem tongue-in-cheek enough or something.

I'm in the same boat as you that I don't like the rock band pins which seem to be a high percentage of new releases these days, but there are a lot of older Sterns to look at. I'm considering getting a Turtles Pro if the right machine shows up at a good price. Also take a look at some of the Bally/Williams games from 1993-1998, there are a lot of really good machines from that time and they'll all be very different from Godzilla.

#4706 1 year ago
    Quoted from Sleal16:

Think its rumored Foo Fighters

Oh okay, thanks

#4707 1 year ago
    Quoted from Fsdre:

It’s code for the Nickleback machine coming out

Yea, I just shuddered typing it, so yea....

#4708 1 year ago
    Quoted from SimplePin:

I got mine in the last run. People were surprised then that they were still being made and that people still wanted them. Awesome game! They must still have enough interest to justify.

I got one from that run and I love it

#4709 1 year ago
    Quoted from Happy81724:

As it should be. Phenomenal pin and absolutely has to be one of the best sellers of all time for Stern.

#4710 1 year ago

I don't understand making more SW and AIQ instead of pumping out more GZ.

On a side note, I think they will end up adding Rush in 2023 at some point.

#4711 1 year ago
    Quoted from finman2000:

Pin-specific parts on hand that need to be used up?

#4712 1 year ago
    Quoted from finman2000:

Rush is not on the schedule for 2023.

Plus there are plenty of them available at many distros right now.

#4713 1 year ago
    Quoted from Wmsfan-GAP:

Rush is not on the schedule for 2023.
    Plus there are plenty of them available at many distros right now.

Zach said sales have improved. It is such a great game. It will continue to gain momentum.

#4714 1 year ago

The second they announce the end of RUSH, The market for Rush will skyrocket. The next music pin has its work cut out for it.

#4715 1 year ago

I thought Star Wars wasn’t that big a hit, guess I was mistaken.

#4716 1 year ago

Does anyone know if the May run of IMDN is last call? I'd like to get one but don't think I'll be able to this year. I know Zach mentioned Stern said to not cancel any Elvira orders that wouldn't be filled in the next batch, indicating the next run is not the last run, just wondering if anyone heard anything similar with Iron Maiden. Thanks

#4717 1 year ago
    Quoted from Happy81724:

Pretty much everybody on here who runs a location says that Star Wars is always the top earner by a mile. It's a giant magnet for kids to run up to and parents to drop the coins, more than any other of the licensed franchises. Same for home use, it's the biggest kid-parent franchise by far.

#4718 1 year ago
    DC8F4FD1-D2AB-4CC6-B30F-692CBACE3A72 (resized).jpegDC8F4FD1-D2AB-4CC6-B30F-692CBACE3A72 (resized).jpeg
    #4719 1 year ago
    Quoted from vikingerik:

Pretty much everybody on here who runs a location says that Star Wars is always the top earner by a mile. It's a giant magnet for kids to run up to and parents to drop the coins, more than any other of the licensed franchises. Same for home use, it's the biggest kid-parent franchise by far.

Yep, I’m a huge Star Wars fan and they must have a long window with the license. They will sell them eventually. Tough layout with some thirsty lanes. It’s probably why there are still some in stock from the last run and resale is pretty weak.

#4720 1 year ago
    Quoted from Happy81724:Yep, I’m a huge Star Wars fan and they must have a long window with the license. They will sell them eventually. Tough layout with some thirsty lanes. It’s probably why there are still some in stock from the last run and resale is pretty weak.

It’s really like any other recent title, resale will be somewhat soft until they are out of production.

It will be just like GB, game many love to hate and probably one of the biggest recent sellers.

#4721 1 year ago
    Quoted from Happy81724:

Its not a cheap license so I assume they will run it till the license expires. The game sells well, even after all these years the new runs typically have no issue being sold at distros and stock doesn't sit around forever.

#4722 1 year ago
    Quoted from NoSkills:

Does anyone know if the May run of IMDN is last call? I'd like to get one but don't think I'll be able to this year. I know Zach mentioned Stern said to not cancel any Elvira orders that wouldn't be filled in the next batch, indicating the next run is not the last run, just wondering if anyone heard anything similar with Iron Maiden. Thanks

Yea i'm wondering on Maiden. It might be my last pin for a long long while and thinking of getting in on the last run if it is.

#4723 1 year ago
    Quoted from PanzerKraken:

Yea i'm wondering on Maiden. It might be my last pin for a long long while and thinking of getting in on the last run if it is.

If Stern is going to discontinue at least two a year (last year was four models: LZ, TMNT, 2 Homepins), then I wonder which it'll be this year?
    IM and DP? EHOH also? SW's run comes to an end?

Going to be interesting.

#4724 1 year ago
    Quoted from PinStalker:

If Stern is going to discontinue at least two a year (last year was four models: LZ, TMNT, 2 Homepins), then I wonder which it'll be this year?
    IM and DP? EHOH also? SW's run comes to an end?
    Going to be interesting.

Hasn't IW been running for a while now? DP also so can see both of those if they plan to keep SW going. Star Wars still sells well, while it seems the marvel stuff has slowed... if Venom is happening they maybe want to cut down on the Marvel content too to bring in a new Marvel replacement.

#4725 1 year ago

Wonder if Rush will go out of production. Demand seems to have been sated pretty quickly if they plan on making none at all next year.

#4726 1 year ago
    Quoted from PanzerKraken:

Hasn't IW been running for a while now? DP also so can see both of those if they plan to keep SW going. Star Wars still sells well, while it seems the marvel stuff has slowed... if Venom is happening they maybe want to cut down on the Marvel content too to bring in a new Marvel replacement.

I wonder too...... but I'm not sure if SW really is a great seller, I'm sure it's a steady moderate seller but not a great one. If it was still hot then they'd be making the comic art version.

You're right about too much Marvel.... I wonder if AIQ is on the chopping block. I love that ramp game, but I don't love the theme. Part of me thinks JP should be on the block too. Get rid of everything 2019 and prior.

#4727 1 year ago
    Quoted from westofrome:

Wonder if Rush will go out of production. Demand seems to have been sated pretty quickly if they plan on making none at all next year.

Yeah, Rush seems to be the definition of something that will have no long term legs. All the Rush fans bought one right away and it's not like there's any new Rush fans still being created. And the pinballing isn't amazing enough to transcend the dad-rock genre like Iron Maiden did. Iron Maiden makes you feel badass, Rush's vibe is to make you feel silly. Rush's ceiling for demand is no higher than Led Zeppelin and probably lower.

I love AIQ, but I'll agree its layout doesn't fit its theme. AIQ should have had big bash toys for Thanos and the villains, and the zoomy oops-all-ramps layout should have been another game, Rush would have been a good fit for that since the songs are so flowy.

#4728 1 year ago
    Quoted from vikingerik:

Not a great earner and we tried it over 4 locations. It’s just a brutal game for casuals. A theme can pull some initial money, but if it feels like a cheap drain it will have no lasting appeal on route. Obviously location dependent, but we had no luck. Fixing that hyperdrive loop was definitely a pain, just remembered that part. Ha!

Quoted from vikingerik:

Yeah, Rush seems to be the definition of something that will have no long term legs. All the Rush fans bought one right away and it's not like there's any new Rush fans still being created. And the pinballing isn't amazing enough to transcend the dad-rock genre like Iron Maiden did. Iron Maiden makes you feel badass, Rush's vibe is to make you feel silly. Rush's ceiling for demand is no higher than Led Zeppelin and probably lower.
    I love AIQ, but I'll agree its layout doesn't fit its theme. AIQ should have had big bash toys for Thanos and the villains, and the zoomy oops-all-ramps layout should have been another game, Rush would have been a good fit for that since the songs are so flowy.

Rush is a players game through and through. Great rules and the definition of long legs for a home game. I’m not a rush fan really and the game has been more addicting than the last few sterns. Great game!

#4729 1 year ago
    Quoted from PinStalker:

I wonder too...... but I'm not sure if SW really is a great seller, I'm sure it's a steady moderate seller but not a great one. If it was still hot then they'd be making the comic art version.
    You're right about too much Marvel.... I wonder if AIQ is on the chopping block. I love that ramp game, but I don't love the theme. Part of me thinks JP should be on the block too. Get rid of everything 2019 and prior.

Local distros have always sold out of star wars without issue and it's been run longer than any other pin. It's still a good selling property and the pin is popular enough to move machines still so I imagine if the license is still good, they will keep it going as long as possible cause they likely paid a pretty penny for that IP.

Now where is the Elviras? Pretty much everyone already sold out of the Feb allocation from wait lists. You got so much demand for that machine Stern and your gonna do one small run in 2023 after all this time? If it's the last, that's another kick in the pants when there is so much clear demand for it.

#4730 1 year ago
    Quoted from vikingerik:

Disagree. It's been moving up the charts steadily (#12 now). As people play it more word is getting around its an awesome game.

Quoted from PinStalker:

Star Wars wins a lot of coin drops from the name alone and Locally anyway, they don't come up often for sale.

#4731 1 year ago

What about Mando. Seems like a lot of distros have them still? I picked up a nice premium recently for near pro price. Im loving the challenge but sure seems like they are "easy" to find.

#4732 1 year ago
    Quoted from Gubbin:What about Mando. Seems like a lot of distros have them still? I picked up a nice premium recently for near pro price. Im loving the challenge but sure seems like they are "easy" to find.

Even moreso, I’m slightly surprised to see various distributors bumping up the price to 9499-9699 on games like Mando prem, TMNT, Rush, etc that were stock from last years builds, and I assume already invoiced at the pre-increase price

Is this something that Stern mandates?

#4733 1 year ago
    Quoted from dboeren:

It’s Star Wars.

I’m convinced Disney could film a literal pile of dog shit for 2.5 hours and the entire fan base would flock to see it.

#4734 1 year ago
    Quoted from mbl1116:

Even moreso, I’m slightly surprised to see various distributors bumping up the price to 9499-9699 on games like Mando prem, TMNT, Rush, etc that were stock from last years builds, and I assume already invoiced at the pre-increase price

The Minimum Advertised Price allowed by dealers changes across the board. The MSP (Minimum SALE Price) may still be less, but it can't be advertised. Talk to your dist, potentially get a deal (but not TOO good a deal, or it breaches the MSP).

#4735 1 year ago
    Quoted from mbl1116:

it is mandated, all games, whether in stock or on order must go by the new price effective jan 1

#4736 1 year ago
    Quoted from Tilt:

it is mandated, all games, whether in stock or on order must go by the new price effective jan 1

Is the reason possibly because they don’t want people buying the “in stock lower value games” over the new games they’re manufacturing at the higher price. Seems like the only logical reasoning to me??

#4737 1 year ago

Anyone want to “chime in” on that one???

#4738 1 year ago
    Quoted from Billygrippo:

Anyone want to “chime in” on that one???

That’s the rule for distributors. If you what to know “why”, ask Gary.

#4739 1 year ago
    Quoted from Tilt:

Thanks for clarifying…that must be frustrating for you guys too. If people aren’t buying at the previous price i can’t imagine they’re lining up right away for the new one

#4740 1 year ago
    Quoted from dboeren:

no you wasn't mistaken. they haven't made a good starwars pin yet.

#4741 1 year ago
    Quoted from desertT1:

That’s the rule for distributors. If you what to know “why”, ask Gary.

For all I care, you and Gary can indulge each other! Now…..anyone with common sense want to take a crack at it???

#4742 1 year ago

Tilt…

#4743 1 year ago

The real questions we should be asking is what's going on the Line in summer 2024?

And Why is Stern having Keith Elwin design a game limited to 500 units ?

Perhaps because Stern will be moving into a new Factory this time next year. Nearly Doubling the factory floor space.

Perhaps Stern doesn't want another Elwin Cornerstone Smash Hit, while they can't handle the current level of orders.
    They would just be cannibalizing their own market.

They could have another Line... or two ?? Up and running next summer 2024, allowing for backordered games to be built in concert with Cornerstones.

I would think we won't see an Elwin Cornerstone until March 2024, when hypothetically Stern could better handle the volume .

So hopefully more Elvira, Stranger Things, Godzilla and possibly Vaults of other wished for games.

2023 is gonna be interesting to see how well the Backordered games do at the new price points.

P.S. Build more Elvira's Stern, I'll get one eventually... fingers crossed.

Cheers.

#4744 1 year ago
    Quoted from Billygrippo:

Is the reason possibly because they don’t want people buying the “in stock lower value games” over the new games they’re manufacturing at the higher price. Seems like the only logical reasoning to me??

honestly, i dont know the exact reason,

I dont have an answer that is good or logical. I guess one way to say it is similar to gas prices. When you go to fill up your car, your paying what it will cost the gas station to refill at todays price. Doesnt matter if they just got 100000 gallons at a lower price yesterday

Just so you know, distributors are not thrilled about it either, but its part of distributor agreements and its out of our hands

#4745 1 year ago
    Quoted from Tilt:

honestly, i dont know the exact reason,

I dont have an answer that is good or logical. I guess one way to say it is similar to gas prices. When you go to fill up your car, your paying what it will cost the gas station to refill at todays price. Doesnt matter if they just got 100000 gallons at a lower price yesterday
    Just so you know, distributors are not thrilled about it either, but its part of distributor agreements and its out of our hands

Well, then it sounds like when they were looking for the “ceiling”……distributors were in the same boat as the consumer then, unfortunately. Weird ethics, but I guess if they can make the extra profit, go for it.

#4746 1 year ago

Higher new prices just drive me towards HUO pins instead. So they’re getting less profit out of guys like me that might otherwise bought an Elvira, etc…

#4747 1 year ago
    Quoted from dboeren:

Higher new prices just drive me towards HUO pins instead. So they’re getting less profit out of guys like me that might otherwise bought an Elvira, etc…

Similar here, my wife and I are officially only looking at 2010-2020 pins that we can either clean up or get for a good deal. Stern and JJP solidified that for me.

#4748 1 year ago

What is the topper production schedule?

#4749 1 year ago
    Quoted from Billygrippo:

For all I care, you and Gary can indulge each other! Now…..anyone with common sense want to take a crack at it???

Quoted from Billygrippo:

Well, then it sounds like when they were looking for the “ceiling”……distributors were in the same boat as the consumer then, unfortunately. Weird ethics, but I guess if they can make the extra profit, go for it.

Nice entitled response you got yourself there. You are asking a bunch of people THE reason Stern does something when none of us work for them. It’s been their pricing policy for several years. They could allow dealers to sell at the legacy price when they received those specific boxes of games, but then you open up the potential for that to be abused. If you say any games you sell have to be the new price as of JAN 1, then there is no confusion.

#4750 1 year ago
    Quoted from desertT1:

Nice entitled response you got yourself there. You are asking a bunch of people THE reason Stern does something when none of us work for them. It’s been their pricing policy for several years. They could allow dealers to sell at the legacy price when they received those specific boxes of games, but then you open up the potential for that to be abused. If you say any games you sell have to be the new price as of JAN 1, then there is no confusion.

Right on….

There are 8,174 posts in this topic. You are on page 95 of 164.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/what-is-on-the-line-at-stern-pinball-delays/page/95?hl=sleal16 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.