Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 8,250 posts
  • 864 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 7 days ago by Vino
  • Topic is favorited by 537 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

IMG_7654 (resized).png
    IMG_2716 (resized).jpeg
    Pinside_forum_8194110_1-overlay (resized).png
    pasted_image (resized).png
    pasted_image (resized).png
    glasses.gif
    nedry.gif
    snaps.gif
    Screenshot_20240318_201633_Chrome (resized).jpg
    IMG_8074 (resized).jpeg
    download (resized).jpeg
    7136153e-4781-4514-8f75-26077beb0e35-1655665323130 (resized).jpg
    designer-delays (resized).png
    image000000 (resized).jpeg
    IMG_1455.gif
    Skinner (resized).png
    There are 8,250 posts in this topic. You are on page 92 of 165.
    #4551 1 year ago

Bond is a Year away from being worth buying!! Nothing worse than shallow code

#4552 1 year ago
    Quoted from MJK-911:

Nothing? Not even a terrible layout?

#4553 1 year ago
    Quoted from MJK-911:

Why do you assume it's code is no good?

#4554 1 year ago
    Quoted from JBtheAVguy:

Why do you assume it's code is no good?

Because there's very little code there. That's a fact. You can see pretty much what's there in a short period of games. And the modes that are there are "hit the 9 blue arrows" then hit a number of green arrows, then yellow arrows, rinse, repeat. Video clips that play aside, the modes that are in right now are very basic.

#4555 1 year ago
    Quoted from PinStalker:

They know all the people waiting so long for older games will already pay the higher price, so no reason to be good to those people

Not all of us. I've had a Godzilla Premium on order for a while. It's not going to make it before the end of the year and I won't pay the new price. I'm pretty much done with Stern. There would have to be something really, really special that makes the price worthwhile for me to buy anything else. The way stern operates, I can't see it happening.

#4556 1 year ago

Any educated guesses on MSRP for Q1 EHOH?
    The Premium was $8700 on its last run.
    Bond Premium is $9600.
    Why do people who speculate on EHOH assume it will cost considerably more than other Premiums?
    Is the consensus that Q1 EHOH will be $10K+?
    I have been chasing this title for years.
    I might finally have a shot at one, but will I pay $10K? I can’t imagine I would, no.

#4557 1 year ago
    Quoted from Jason_Jehosaphat:

Bond Premium is $9600.
    Why do people who speculate on EHOH assume it will cost considerably more than other Premiums?
    I might finally have a shot at one, but will I pay $10K? I can’t imagine I would, no.

Elvira was always priced higher than a regular Stern production premium.
    No reason to believe it won’t be again which will likely take it well over 10k+.
    Plan on paying up - or pass.

#4558 1 year ago
    Quoted from Jason_Jehosaphat:

Bond Premium is $9600.

Elvira was a studio title I believe, which like Batman which was a Kapow title typically price higher than standard Stern cornerstone titles.

#4559 1 year ago

I can’t wait to pay $2000 over what I was originally quoted about two years ago for EHOH. The game has a still a beauty though.

#4560 1 year ago
    Quoted from RikeIsland:

I can’t wait to pay $2000 over what I was originally quoted about two years ago for EHOH. The game has a still a beauty though.

It would be neat if Stern could throw a bone to the guys they rear ended when they shoved them aside to make the 40th anniversary games instead of the run of premiums they were supposed to do last November. Maybe say hold the 2022 pricing for the guys who have invoices from 2021. What do you say Gary? it’s Christmas, come on don’t be this guy....

A9CA95A5-DF02-4A44-AB2F-8BB85B0924F8.gifA9CA95A5-DF02-4A44-AB2F-8BB85B0924F8.gif

#4561 1 year ago

What do people know about MET 2.0?

The Super Awesome Pinball Show podcast reported that this is thought to be coming. Where did they they learn this?

They report it will have a LCD display. Does that mean it will be SPIKE2, not SAM?

How will Stern price such a pin? Like a “Studio” release? Surely they will make PRO’s, but there are no such things as Studio PRO’s. It’s all rather confusing.

#4562 1 year ago
    Quoted from Concretehardt:

It would be neat if Stern could throw a bone to the guys they rear ended when they shoved them aside to make the 40th anniversary games instead of the run of premiums they were supposed to do last November. Maybe say hold the 2022 pricing for the guys who have invoices from 2021. What do you say Gary? it’s Christmas, come on don’t be this guy....
    [quoted image]

As much as Stern squeezes dollars (and even pennies) from every little thing they can and given the way they have moved forward with being less personal with it's buyers and 100% about profits (and NOTHING else), I'd say this is even more of a pipe dream than a dream.

Now go buy that $2,000.00 crappy plastic topper that costs $128.00 to produce, please, it's the end of the year and they need to pump up the numbers.

#4563 1 year ago
    Quoted from Cobray:

As much as Stern squeezes dollars (and even pennies) from every little thing they can and given the way they have moved forward with being less personal with it's buyers and 100% about profits (and NOTHING else), I'd say this is even more of a pipe dream than a dream.
    Now go buy that $2,000.00 crappy plastic topper that costs $128.00 to produce, please, it's the end of the year and they need to pump up the numbers.

Haha. I went from liking George Gomez on podcasts to finding him way too disingenuous as he keeps claiming that the cost of parts is what's driving up their prices...as if the profit margins aren't huge even without the increases. It's the same messaging that soured me on disney parks.

"Due to inflation, we're raising prices way above the rate of inflation. And we'll do it next year too."

#4564 1 year ago

Yeah, I am out on these newer games at these prices. IF a game becomes a solid hit down the road then maybe, but I've got a room full of great games. I don't need to buy more, especially at these prices. I feel like they are going to see a sharp drop in demand.

Bond was a double F-you with the high price, lack of code AND wired 2 pop's together like a home pin cause they wanted to save 20 bucks on an auxiliary driver board. I choose to vote with my wallet.

#4565 1 year ago
    Quoted from MaxIsDead:

Yeah, I am out on these newer games at these prices. IF a game becomes a solid hit down the road then maybe, but I've got a room full of great games. I don't need to buy more, especially at these prices. I feel like they are going to see a sharp drop in demand.
    Bond was a double F-you with the high price, lack of code AND wired 2 pop's together like a home pin cause they wanted to save 20 bucks on an auxiliary driver board. I choose to vote with my wallet.

I'm interested in seeing how they backtrack or handle the situation when demand does drop and there's no more backlog of orders to fill and games are sitting at distributors unsold. I'm got an email from cointaker recently listing all the NIB games they have available and I never signed up for any email list. I get the sense that distributors are already struggling to sell what Stern is sending them. Once the Godzilla backlog goes away... What does stern do?

#4566 1 year ago

Demand hasn't dropped that's the reality. Le's still sell out and get flipped.

#4567 1 year ago

Anyone hear when the next iron maiden run will be?

#4568 1 year ago
    Quoted from Vitty:

Anyone hear when the next iron maiden run will be?

Iron Maiden is done as far as I know

#4569 1 year ago
    Quoted from kool1:

That’s sad. I would have hoped they would do a last call for everyone that would like one.

#4570 1 year ago
    Quoted from kool1:

It’s not in the archive section on their site yet so still hope for those waiting I think

#4571 1 year ago
    Quoted from MaxIsDead:

But you stated right before you tried to sell the bond owners thread and got ejected out of there; you’re going to buy a Scooby Doo?

#4572 1 year ago
    Quoted from NoSkills:

It’s not in the archive section on their site yet so still hope for those waiting I think

You are correct!

Maybe one last run to come - didn't make any last year though and nothing scheduled for 2023 so far.

#4573 1 year ago
    Quoted from Sheev_Palpatine:

But you stated right before you tried to sell the bond owners thread and got ejected out of there; you’re going to buy a Scooby Doo?

Correct

#4574 1 year ago

They are definitely being ran in 2023 at some point per several distributors. Just no indicator of when yet.

Quoted from kool1:

#4575 1 year ago
    Quoted from kool1:

You are correct!
    Maybe one last run to come - didn't make any last year though and nothing scheduled for 2023 so far.

I was told by 3 different distros Maiden was done earlier this year. I brought up the same point about it still being on Stern's website. All were adamant about it not having another run.

#4576 1 year ago
    Quoted from MaxIsDead:

Yeah, I am out on these newer games at these prices.

I choose to vote with my wallet.

That's about all you can do and hope others do the same. If sales slow down enough prices will come down.

I'm on a waiting list for GZ Premium and right now I don't know if I'm willing to pay $700 more.

#4577 1 year ago

Any updates on the run of Iron Maiden toppers that were 'supposed' to be August/September?

#4578 1 year ago

For everyone asking "is Iron Maiden done or not" - the obvious answer is that it's not determined yet. Stern hasn't decided either way. They don't have any reason to officially declare it done, so they may as well leave the question open. They'll wait and see if there's ever enough demand for another run, and if/when it makes sense to put it on the line among everything else competing for demand.

#4579 1 year ago
    Quoted from kool1:Iron Maiden is done as far as I know

Hope not, Maiden and EHOH are both on my list for some time now, but when I could purchase I was never able to find either title available multiple times, I keep missing the runs. Sadly 2023 is probably me out of the game for a while as huge expenses mounting up and a unexpected bathroom remodel is forced on us that is costing a ton. I'll have to wait to late 23 or early 2024 to pick up a new pin, and I still would like either of those......

Maybe will get lucky and one of those will get pushed back and last run around that time....

Quoted from seenev:

Haha. I went from liking George Gomez on podcasts to finding him way too disingenuous as he keeps claiming that the cost of parts is what's driving up their prices...as if the profit margins aren't huge even without the increases. It's the same messaging that soured me on disney parks.
    "Due to inflation, we're raising prices way above the rate of inflation. And we'll do it next year too."

And then looking what others are able to put in the pins and do while the Pro models seem to get more anemic. Bond pro feels super simple and basic and they raised prices? This isn't a small run machine either, it's going to be a long run big seller no doubt yet. It's annoying

#4580 1 year ago
    Quoted from MJK-911:

glad you mentioned this . i think i'll wait .

#4581 1 year ago
    Quoted from Bohm:

I'm on a waiting list for GZ Premium and right now I don't know if I'm willing to pay $700 more.

I'm pondering the same thing, especially when I can pick up a lot of great used pins right now for prices that are lower than 6 months ago.

#4582 1 year ago
    Quoted from JPloof:Any updates on the run of Iron Maiden toppers that were 'supposed' to be August/September?

Maybe they're on hold while Stern figures out if they can be bothered to build more games?

#4583 1 year ago

Has there been any recent retired titles that didn't get a "last call" run?

#4584 1 year ago
    Quoted from PanzerKraken:

Has there been any recent retired titles that didn't get a "last call" run?

Stranger things I don't think I ever got a last call. It was just moved to the archives over the summer

#4585 1 year ago
    Quoted from ZoraShinoda:

Stranger things I don't think I ever got a last call. It was just moved to the archives over the summer

Prem got a last call in Feb '21 for Stranger Things.

#4586 1 year ago

Does anyone know what’s actually on the line right now? Bond LE or Bond Premium?

#4587 1 year ago

Does anyone know what’s actually on the line right now? Bond LE or Bond Premium?

Premiums don't usually run after les they run pros for a while

#4588 1 year ago
    Quoted from WeirPinball:Premiums don't usually run after les they run pros for a while

Premiums are slated to be run next and next batch or pros isn’t supposed to be happening for a while from what I’ve heard.

#4589 1 year ago
    Quoted from Psw757:

Premiums are slated to be run next and next batch or pros isn’t supposed to be happening for a while from what I’ve heard.

I think that is a turn for the good - always sucked waiting so long for premiums to run.

#4590 1 year ago
    Quoted from WeirPinball:

I think that is a turn for the good - always sucked waiting so long for premiums to run.

Agree, see what happens I guess. Been a long wait for this title.

#4591 1 year ago

My Bond LE shipped today.

#4592 1 year ago

Just heard from my chosen distributor, that Jurassic Park rumored to be on-line early Q2-2023. And that there is a tremendously large backlog for the JP & Godzilla Premiums. (I realize, rumors don't really mean much, but hey came from a distributor, so at least gives us some hope)

#4593 1 year ago
    Quoted from FantaZ:

there is a tremendously large backlog for the JP & Godzilla Premiums

yes please flood the market with the greatest games, always

#4594 1 year ago

Bond LEs should run out the month. I just got notified from my distrib that mine is getting shipped to him now.

#4595 1 year ago
    Quoted from gcr3579:

Bond LEs should run out the month. I just got notified from my distrib that mine is getting shipped to him now.

How many they building per week these days? This week will be two weeks on line right?

#4596 1 year ago
    Quoted from vikingerik:

For everyone asking "is Iron Maiden done or not" - the obvious answer is that it's not determined yet. Stern hasn't decided either way. They don't have any reason to officially declare it done, so they may as well leave the question open. They'll wait and see if there's ever enough demand for another run, and if/when it makes sense to put it on the line among everything else competing for demand.

id say they are coming Q2

#4597 1 year ago
    Quoted from Tilt:

Pro and Prem? I'd be fine with just Pros

#4598 1 year ago
    Quoted from Tilt:

Been waiting to pick up another Premium. Hopefully that's what they run.

#4599 1 year ago
    Quoted from Psw757:

How many they building per week these days? This week will be two weeks on line right?

More than 500/wk at full steam. They should be done with LEs by this week at the latest since I think they were doing international LEs before Nov even was over.

#4600 1 year ago
    Quoted from PinMonk:

More than 500/wk at full steam. They should be done with LEs by this week at the latest since I think they were doing international LEs before Nov even was over.

That’s what I thought. Premiums should start next week if the Le’s are done by end of week.

There are 8,250 posts in this topic. You are on page 92 of 165.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.