Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 8,172 posts
  • 859 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 4 hours ago by EspoPinball
  • Topic is favorited by 532 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

glasses.gif
    nedry.gif
    snaps.gif
    Screenshot_20240318_201633_Chrome (resized).jpg
    IMG_8074 (resized).jpeg
    download (resized).jpeg
    7136153e-4781-4514-8f75-26077beb0e35-1655665323130 (resized).jpg
    designer-delays (resized).png
    image000000 (resized).jpeg
    IMG_1455.gif
    Skinner (resized).png
    26CDA9FF-5625-4BC0-AECC-1FF8C139FBFB (resized).jpeg
    pasted_image (resized).png
    IMG_5780 (resized).png
    bobbymcgeestub.png
    JT.gif
    There are 8,172 posts in this topic. You are on page 9 of 164.
    #401 2 years ago

With a parts supply shortage, inventory shouldn't take too long.

#402 2 years ago
    Quoted from Elvishasleft:

Godzillas are shipping so they arent "closed" or doing inventory or whatever

I don't think so - next GZ date is Mar/Apr

#403 2 years ago
    Quoted from WeirPinball:

probably a test pin

Right cause it’s 1995.

I don’t think “test pins” are a thing anymore.

#404 2 years ago
    Quoted from CrazyLevi:

Right cause it’s 1995.
    I don’t think “test pins” are a thing anymore.

You definitely have an axe to grind with me - go stalk someone else.

finally put you on ignore

#405 2 years ago

Stop saying things that make no sense and I’ll stop commenting on them, pretty simple.

Test Pin?! The last stern pin “on test” was probably Ripleys.

Rush games are being produced. We’ve seen pictures. That means people are getting their games.

That’s how Stern does things, remember?

#406 2 years ago

Whew! This thread clears everything up thanks to all

#407 2 years ago

RUSH line is halted due to parts availability as of this afternoon. They're building Mando Premiums that should have been built in Dec on the line instead until more RUSH parts show up. So...great for Mando Prem buyers?

#408 2 years ago
    Quoted from PinMonk:

RUSH line is halted due to parts availability as of this afternoon. They're building Mando Premiums that should have been built in Dec on the line instead until more RUSH parts show up. So...great for Mando Prem buyers?

burn.gifburn.gif
    #409 2 years ago
    E9ED403A-1E09-4A9F-9DD0-C8D8E8C0ADDD.gifE9ED403A-1E09-4A9F-9DD0-C8D8E8C0ADDD.gif
    #410 2 years ago
    Quoted from PinMonk:

Wow that was quick.

#411 2 years ago
    Quoted from PinMonk:

Noticed something similar. Had heard that Mando Prem’s were held off til summer. Have a friend still waiting since day 1. Then I heard they may be on the line, and then there is a NIB available that just shipped in. We assumed something Rush-specific was out of stock so they went to something they could build. Nice problem to have when you have like 10,000 games on back order across 6 titles!

#412 2 years ago
    Quoted from PinMonk:

Maybe they will start cranking out some EHOH

#413 2 years ago
    Quoted from PinMonk:

I guess that makes sense since the remaining December Mando Premiums were supposed to be built sometime in February after Rush. Ran out of time machines or clocks maybe?

#414 2 years ago

Yay I also have a Mando Prem on order, there is hope!

#415 2 years ago

Just heard that Stern have cancelled their production run of Iron Man Vaults if anyone had any of these on order.

#416 2 years ago

Let's update the schedule with that Mando Premium hitting the line. So I'm gonna start praying that somehow Mando is finished out, and then maybe they start on backorder of some of the others. Does anyone know if any of the other machines would be ready to jump in if Rush still wasn't available and all Mandos went out?

Also, if anyone has any other info, please share.

Jan 2022 - Mando Premium
    ??? 2022 - Rush Pro & LE
    ??? 2022 - Rush Premium
    Feb 2022 - Mando Pro
    Mar 2022 - Godzilla Pro & Premium
    Mar 2022 - AIQ Pro & Premium
    Apr 2022 - Rush Pro & Premium
    Apr 2022 - JP Pro & Premium
    July 2022 - Deadpool Pro & Premium
    Dec 2022 - Elvira

#417 2 years ago

They must be in a.......RUSH ????
    Ooo....that's bad....
    Go ahead and downvote......

#418 2 years ago
    Quoted from JackG:

Let's update the schedule with that Mando Premium hitting the line. So I'm gonna start praying that somehow Mando is finished out, and then maybe they start on backorder of some of the others. Does anyone know if any of the other machines would be ready to jump in if Rush still wasn't available and all Mandos went out?
    Also, if anyone has any other info, please share.
    Jan 2022 - Mando Premium

If they're running full bore, that's almost 500 a week, so do they need to run the rest of Jan to do all the Mando? Seems like 500 Prem would catch them up, but maybe not...

#419 2 years ago

Weird that they would even start the run knowing the wouldnt have enough parts. I guess this had to be unexpected.

#420 2 years ago
    Quoted from PinMonk:

Finally! This would be a pleasant surprise for once. Hoping to get mine finally.

#421 2 years ago
    Quoted from mbrave77:

Weird that they would even start the run knowing the wouldnt have enough parts. I guess this had to be unexpected.

Could be due to all the goddamn snowstorms wreaking havoc with freight lines the past couple of weeks.

#422 2 years ago
    Quoted from WeirPinball:

I don't think so - next GZ date is Mar/Apr

OK I'll tell that to my distro who just picked some up from Stern for those who had them on order.

Maybe the boxes are empty?

#423 2 years ago

OK I'll tell that to my distro who just picked some up from Stern for those who had them on order.

Does that mean I might get mine sooner rather than March? I was last on the list for pro with the distributor I am getting mine, and he said that Stern is giving them certain allocations of each level. And because he is a smaller guy it helps him out, instead of the larger ones who blow through the allocation a lot quicker.

#424 2 years ago

They are test boxes.

#425 2 years ago

I heard they were running more My Little Pony while waiting for Rush parts

#426 2 years ago
    Quoted from EricHadley:

I heard they were running more My Little Pony while waiting for Rush parts

I heard Mando was a Brony, so that checks out.

#427 2 years ago
    Quoted from CrazyLevi:

They are test boxes.

Stern's new offering: Cellulose meeting Pod...
    cellulose-meeting-pod (resized).jpegcellulose-meeting-pod (resized).jpeg

Edit: The real Pin Pod!

#428 2 years ago
    Quoted from PinMonk:

As a Feb '22 Mando Premium buyer, I hope the RUSH delay lasts a while!

#429 2 years ago
    Quoted from JStoltz:

As a Feb '22 Mando Premium buyer, I hope the RUSH delay lasts a while!

As a RUSH Le buyer, this is not the delay I was looking for...

giphy_s (resized).pnggiphy_s (resized).png
    #430 2 years ago
    Quoted from Guinnesstime:

As a RUSH Le buyer, this is not the delay I was looking for...[quoted image]

Agreed, this sucks and just seems like they were not prepared to release this if they didn't even have the parts...

#431 2 years ago

I’m sure there is something in those boxes, but with these parts shortages anything is possible I guess.
    D036567A-CC46-4A5D-A498-15D4589294B0 (resized).jpegD036567A-CC46-4A5D-A498-15D4589294B0 (resized).jpeg

#432 2 years ago

I hope the supplier for the unavailable parts doesn't charge Stern an extra 15% now after they already placed their order and agreed on a price because that would be unethical.

#433 2 years ago
    Quoted from KSP1138:

I hope the supplier for the unavailable parts doesn't charge Stern an extra 15% now after they already placed their order and agreed on a price because that would be unethical.

We laugh but...

#434 2 years ago

Well that is good news - keep the games rolling out

#435 2 years ago
    Quoted from CrazyLevi:

They are test boxes.

I hope that they make a run soon of DP Premiums for testing purposes then. #MoreTesting!

#436 2 years ago

Does Stern ever announce the final run of a machine? Wanna make sure I know when Maiden is going out of production so I can snag one in time.

#437 2 years ago
    Quoted from onemilemore:

Does Stern ever announce the final run of a machine? Wanna make sure I know when Maiden is going out of production so I can snag one in time.

Sometimes…I got on the “curtain call” for Aerosmith. I think they called it a curtain call but it was their final run and came with a signed flyer from borg. I think a couple of music pins they did that. I was surprised they didn’t announce anything for stranger things but glad I got a final run pro

#438 2 years ago

New billion dollar massive chip factory is now being built in Ohio so stern can use them for chips when done. We finally got tired of China shortage. That will help things.

#439 2 years ago
    Quoted from onemilemore:

I heard stranger things is done

#440 2 years ago
    Quoted from onemilemore:

What's the consensus for the next game to permanently cease production? Elvira? Maiden?

#441 2 years ago
    Quoted from pch3727:

What's the consensus for the next game to permanently cease production? Elvira? Maiden?

I would guess Str Things, Star Wars, Guardians and Beatles.

Elvira is the big question mark. Stern hates making them because they are not easy to build (similar to StrTh Prem) and unfortunately their workforce has a high turnover rate.

#442 2 years ago

Just got a call my mando premium is shipping from stern on monday! Hopefully its a good size run for everyone to get their machines!

#443 2 years ago
    Quoted from ohiojosh:

Just got a call my mando premium is shipping from stern on monday! Hopefully its a good size run for everyone to get their machines!

Wow congrats!

#444 2 years ago
    Quoted from ohiojosh:

Great! at least something is making it out the door

#445 2 years ago
    Quoted from pch3727:

see my post above Stranger is toast

#446 2 years ago
    Quoted from Damonator:

I would guess Str Things, Star Wars, Guardians and Beatles.
    Elvira is the big question mark. Stern hates making them because they are not easy to build (similar to StrTh Prem) and unfortunately their workforce has a high turnover rate.

Beatles is done. The declared limit of 1964 have been produced.

The others you list seem likely to be done. I think LZ is probably done too.

Despite the backlog of orders, I think Stern signaled Elvira is done by moving the last run to December 2022. And the license may need to be renewed to produce any more.

Personally I would like to see Stern produce enough EHOH’s to fulfill orders placed in 2021 and also another special run of games designed as a tribute to Lyman, perhaps will some portion of proceeds going to Lyman’s favorite charity or to Project Pinball.

#447 2 years ago

For what its worth TNT amusements has expected arrival dates for many of the Sterns on their website. https://tntamusements.com/inventory/pinball-machines/

#448 2 years ago
    Quoted from SantaEatsCheese:

For what its worth TNT amusements has expected arrival dates for many of the Sterns on their website. https://tntamusements.com/inventory/pinball-machines/

The August date for Elvira changed a while back.

#449 2 years ago
    Quoted from SantaEatsCheese:

I love how they say Wonka LE is 1 of 200 “just made” and the playfields are cured! Thank goodness!

29BD7125-6536-4619-B679-169604D7FDD3 (resized).jpeg29BD7125-6536-4619-B679-169604D7FDD3 (resized).jpeg
    #450 2 years ago
    Quoted from beltking:

New billion dollar massive chip factory is now being built in Ohio so stern can use them for chips when done. We finally got tired of China shortage. That will help things.

I think it's great that the US is finally getting a clue about chip manufacture at home being tied to security, but this is mostly PR.

Phase 1 of the factory won't be ready for 3-4 years, so it's not a quick fix, and it will barely scratch US production capacity which is at 12% (it was more than 40% of world chip production in the 90s) and still falling while the factory is being built. We need about 10 of these projects to make a difference. $20 Billion is nothing for a chip fab project.

There are 8,172 posts in this topic. You are on page 9 of 164.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/what-is-on-the-line-at-stern-pinball-delays/page/9 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.