Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 4,438 posts - Hot topic!
  • 584 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 41 minutes ago by Aurich
  • Topic is favorited by 377 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

tron-fetch.gif
    pasted_image (resized).png
    pasted_image (resized).png
    Screenshot_20221130-154222_YouTube (resized).jpg
    Boss Pin (resized).jpg
    amazon rush (resized).png
    EBE167C8-32CC-4EA6-8D62-2E0425A3CFD8 (resized).jpeg
    image (resized).jpg
    B7B73306-E8C8-418B-BE19-92B0FA25F4D7 (resized).jpeg
    zero.point.zero.gif
    71oc5k[1] (resized).jpg
    C8CDEC82-2292-467A-8270-776CC6EB450E (resized).jpeg
    2022-11-17 11_48_59-13649 (resized).png
    E0956AC7-F4D3-470E-B0F6-A1B1BA6C43A8 (resized).jpeg
    2bb7bfe1667358b902a99ea31e6fd87b6389a523 (resized).png
    A541EDF3-44D6-4A28-9E4C-8C0925F0A20F (resized).jpeg

There are 4,438 posts in this topic. You are on page 88 of 89.
    #4351 7 days ago
    Quoted from Pinball-Wiz:

Van Halen would be amazing.
    Motley Crue comes to mind also.
    Pink Floyd? imagine the possibilities.
    Def Leopard... deep catalog and good fan base!
    Foo Fighters.
    Not that I personally like or endorse any of these, but just a few rock groups that I think could be picked to be a rock pin...

Bruce Springsteen

#4352 7 days ago
    Quoted from hiker2099:

Next music pin…. Eminem or maybe Beastie Boys.
    Trailer Park boys go round the outside round the outside…. Look who’s back, back again. Shadys back.

I’d buy both . The only problem with music pins is that some bands won’t have much to go on theme-wise, others the music may be too slow. You also need to think about who’ll do the callouts. Rush had amazing theme integration (not saying all will like the theme) and the guys were into it and did great callouts I think. IMDN had a monster mascot that made things easier. Other bands that I love might have a tough time in some of those areas. Eminem, Beastie Boys, Van Halen (with David Lee Roth doing callouts), Pink Floyd, They Might Be Giants, Run DMC, NIN, Tool, Cypress Hill, Black-Eyed Peas, Pink, ZZ Top, etc. could all be cool but most have no chance of being made.

#4353 7 days ago

Zamphir would be hot!

EBE167C8-32CC-4EA6-8D62-2E0425A3CFD8 (resized).jpeg
    #4354 7 days ago
    Quoted from Sheev_Palpatine:

Zamphir would be hot!
    [quoted image]

Lol, I reference him periodically but my kids have no idea what I’m talking about since they weren’t brainwashed with the commercials

#4355 3 days ago
    Quoted from mstang01:

Lol, I reference him periodically but my kids have no idea what I’m talking about since they weren’t brainwashed with the commercials

lol

#4356 3 days ago

A new vault is interesting, Stranger Things makes sense to me due to how much in demand they are but so do some of the other options. Just have to wait and see, and same thing with the new cornerstone. Maybe it's Venom, maybe not. And even if we do guess the theme the more important thing is seeing what the playfield looks like and whatever other information they will reveal.

#4357 3 days ago

why would they vault a game that was just put in the vault. lol
    That is quite delusional sorry. I rather keep dreaming on Tron.

#4358 3 days ago
    Quoted from Pin_Fandango:

why would they vault a game that was just put in the vault. lol
    That is quite delusional sorry. I rather keep dreaming on Tron.

They have a backlog of developed games from when they pushed off a cornerstone, so any talk of vaults is still fan boy craziness.

That said, STh is more realistic as a vault since it is a Spike 2 game, rather than something from an old platform that needs to be re-engineered to make it work. Maybe it will be revisited when they move to the new larger factory, if they decide make another production line.

#4359 3 days ago

There are a ton more mechs on the older games, so even at todays inflated prices, they will have less profit margin on a vault like Tron.

And let's get real here... Stern ONLY cares about profit.

#4360 3 days ago

It's quite possible Stranger Things was discontinued because the license expired, but then the renewed interest led to renewing the license, hence a vault run.

But the hint said a SAM DMD specifically. Avatar sure makes the most sense with another movie coming out and it was never vaulted before.

#4361 3 days ago
    Quoted from vikingerik:

It's quite possible Stranger Things was discontinued because the license expired, but then the renewed interest led to renewing the license, hence a vault run.
    But the hint said a SAM DMD specifically. Avatar sure makes the most sense with another movie coming out and it was never vaulted before.

well, the premium was stopped 1 year before the PRO because of the multi ball mech being almost 100% unreliable out the box and most people did not know how to tune it properly.

#4362 3 days ago
    Quoted from Pinball-Wiz:

There are a ton more mechs on the older games, so even at todays inflated prices, they will have less profit margin on a vault like Tron.
    And let's get real here... Stern ONLY cares about profit.

Tron has more stuff? Lets get real here - it was made when they were stripping stuff down.

#4363 3 days ago

What the heck is this crap!?

amazon rush (resized).png
    #4364 3 days ago

I tend to agree with this nugget of wisdom.

Quoted from CrazyLevi:

How many actual “vaults” were there anyway?
    I count two, iron man and Star Trek. Spider man doesn’t count as it was reskinned and only available as a premium. And Star Trek doesn’t really count, as it was Star Trek. I mean, who was asking for a Star Trek vault? Maybe a few distributors but nobody around ind here wanted
    it, that’s always been an easy game to find.
    So that leaves iron man as one true “vault” - a game that was in extremely high demand, had been out of production for a long time, and going for well over “face value” - made in 10 years.
    Besides that game, nothing like it has ever been “vaulted.” So why are people still clinging to the idea that Tron, Simpson’s, or LOTR is gonna be “vaulted?”
    I just don’t see it happening. Ever. And the further away from the DMD era we get, the less likely it’s gonna be. Basically, if you want to see old DMD games “vaulted,” people are gonna need to stop buying the new/current games, and doesn’t look like that’s happening any time soon.

How many actual “vaults” were there anyway?
    I count two, iron man and Star Trek. Spider man doesn’t count as it was reskinned and only available as a premium. And Star Trek doesn’t really count, as it was Star Trek. I mean, who was asking for a Star Trek vault? Maybe a few distributors but nobody around in here wanted it, that’s always been an easy game to find.
    So that leaves iron man as one true “vault” - a game that was in extremely high demand, had been out of production for a long time, and going for well over “face value” - made in 10 years.
    Besides that game, nothing like it has ever been “vaulted.” So why are people still clinging to the idea that Tron, Simpson’s, or LOTR is gonna be “vaulted?” I just don’t see it happening. Ever. And the further away from the DMD era we get, the less likely it’s gonna be. Basically, if you want to see old DMD games “vaulted,” people are gonna need to stop buying the new/current games, and doesn’t look like that’s happening any time soon.

#4365 3 days ago

So are Bond LEs on the line this week? Or next week?

#4366 3 days ago
    Quoted from brickbuilder14:So are Bond LEs on the line this week? Or next week?

Looks like JDJP this week

#4367 2 days ago
    Quoted from Gubbin:

[quoted image]

I would imagine it's Amazon's algorithm. If you track prices, they tend to go up when someone buys it and drop as the days pass with no sales. Since the pro's were sold out last I looked a few days ago, I'd say it's just high since they are now "back in stock"

I generally track stuff that I'm not in a hurry to buy. I watched tents for about 4 months. They would go from $200 MSRP down to 125 and up to 275. I'd just track it and wait.

#4368 2 days ago
    Quoted from bigguybbr:

They have a backlog of developed games from when they pushed off a cornerstone

LOL Because Bond was sooo ready for production!!

#4369 2 days ago
    Quoted from vikingerik:

Metallica just released a new song and announced a new album today. The album releases in April 2023. Here's hoping!

#4370 2 days ago
    Quoted from TheClownpuncher:I would imagine it's Amazon's algorithm. If you track prices, they tend to go up when someone buys it and drop as the days pass with no sales. Since the pro's were sold out last I looked a few days ago, I'd say it's just high since they are now "back in stock"
    I generally track stuff that I'm not in a hurry to buy. I watched tents for about 4 months. They would go from $200 MSRP down to 125 and up to 275. I'd just track it and wait.

The algorithmz!!

Most of the stuff on amazon isn't sold by amazon. A lot of the Sterns on amazon are sold by Stern directly. The price is not set by an algorithm, but by the seller (not saying that no retailer on amazon uses algorithms to price their items, but Stern surely doesn't).

The over price rushed pro there is being sold by "Billiards Florida". The hint is in the "See buying options" vs "add to cart"

#4371 2 days ago
    Quoted from PinballManiac40:

LOL Because Bond was sooo ready for production!!

Bond had to launch for the anniversary. It never got bumped so it was on its original schedule

#4372 2 days ago
    Quoted from bigguybbr:

Bond had to launch for the anniversary. It never got bumped so it was on its original schedule

It should have been bumped based on the state it was in.

#4373 2 days ago
    Quoted from Emkay79:

Metallica just released a new song and announced a new album today. The album releases in April 2023. Here's hoping!

Oh, bruh’!
    Now we’re talkin’!

#4374 2 days ago
    Quoted from TheClownpuncher:

In case you're doing this manually...I highly recommend https://camelcamelcamel.com/ - shows historical trends and can send you alerts when prices drop.

#4375 2 days ago

I just got notified that my TMNT Pro was shipped on 11/21.

#4376 1 day ago
    Quoted from vikingerik:

nobody wanted the original, they sure don't want a vault

#4377 1 day ago
    Quoted from ccbiggsoo7:

The game has gain tremendous popularity because of the new seasons of the show and I am sure it will once again when the final season is announced. Overall I was glad to get rid of mine, I don't find it to be as good as most people claim but I think a lot of people like to jump on the bandwagon when it comes to stuff like this.

#4378 1 day ago
    Quoted from VisitorQ:

The game has gain tremendous popularity because of the new seasons of the show and I am sure it will once again when the final season is announced. Overall I was glad to get rid of mine, I don't find it to be as good as most people claim but I think a lot of people like to jump on the bandwagon when it comes to stuff like this.

I would really like it if Stranger Things got a whole new game when season 5 is done. Keep the layout, I don’t care, but get all 5 seasons in there and make the feel of the game more about the kids and their challenges and friendships and less about being dark and brooding with a splash of a girl with powers. Enjoy playing the game, total miss on the vibe.

#4379 1 day ago
    Quoted from ccbiggsoo7:

The early reviews of STh were not good. By the time the code was mature and people were saying it was good, it was out of production. I'd like to get a premium but the prices went up 50%+ in 2 years which is nuts. If they are selling on the secondary market for around $12k, then Stern could certainly sell more at the current NIB premium price.

#4380 1 day ago
    Quoted from Crumbalimb:

Bruce Springsteen

Stern already did a pin based on the Boss.

Boss Pin (resized).jpg
    #4381 1 day ago
    Quoted from Grantman:

The early reviews of STh were not good. By the time the code was mature and people were saying it was good, it was out of production. I'd like to get a premium but the prices went up 50%+ in 2 years which is nuts. If they are selling on the secondary market for around $12k, then Stern could certainly sell more at the current NIB premium price.

But all of these prems sell for more than MSRP:
    Batman66
    GotG Prem
    EHoH Prem
    IMDN Prem
    Munsters Prem
    and sometimes GZ Prem if it's out of rotation for a while

STh prem is a difficult build at the factory, has a hard to source component (projector) and is 2 seasons out of date. It's highly unlikely we'll see them again.

#4382 1 day ago
    Quoted from Damonator:

But all of these prems sell for more than MSRP:
    Batman66
    GotG Prem
    EHoH Prem
    IMDN Prem
    Munsters Prem
    and sometimes GZ Prem if it's out of rotation for a while
    STh prem is a difficult build at the factory, has a hard to source component (projector) and is 2 seasons out of date. It's highly unlikely we'll see them again.

Yep, all true. I'm just saying that there is demand for STh and Stern could update the video/audio/code with new content from the recent seasons and still save time and money on the development of a new game. It's a long shot, but it's what some of us would like to see.

#4383 1 day ago
    Quoted from Grantman:

This is my impression too. Early version had poor code which led to bad early reviews and not enough preorders. By the time the game got really good and people wanted them, only a small run was made which is why the prices are so high. With the show still going I feel like it would be easy for Stern to do another run of these and sell them out. There was also some backlash over UV not being included. So make a vault edition, make UV standard, maybe tweak the Premium TK ball lock a bit, and you're in the money.

Maybe people are right and a vault is unlikely but I feel Stranger Things would be a great candidate for it considering the demand for them. If 2nd hand Premiums are routinely going for 12.5k I'm sure Stern would like a piece of that action.

#4384 1 day ago

I would just like to see Stern make more Stranger Things as that might be the only way any of us current owners can get spare parts for the machine, but alas, even getting spare parts when a machine is currently in production is not guaranteed nowadays.

#4385 1 day ago
    Quoted from Rum-Z:

I would just like to see Stern make more Stranger Things as that might be the only way any of us current owners can get spare parts for the machine, but alas, even getting spare parts when a machine is currently in production is not guaranteed nowadays.

you will get parts for anything made now, expect a 1 year turn-around as the norm.
    talking from experience.

#4386 1 day ago

I'm still new here. When was the last "day 1 code " actually "good"? Godzilla ?

#4387 1 day ago
    Quoted from Pinball-Wiz:

Van Halen would be amazing.
    Motley Crue comes to mind also.
    Pink Floyd? imagine the possibilities.
    Def Leopard... deep catalog and good fan base!
    Foo Fighters.
    Not that I personally like or endorse any of these, but just a few rock groups that I think could be picked to be a rock pin...

My dream music pins would be: Van Halen with both Dave and Sammy songs & call outs, Black Sabbath With both Ozzy & Dio Songs, An Ozzy pin with both Sabbath & solo, Dio pin with Rainbow, Sabbath & solo. But I know that they will never happen too many approvals needed.

#4388 1 day ago
    Quoted from Gubbin:

I'm still new here. When was the last "day 1 code " actually "good"? Godzilla ?

Rush was fantastic out the gate. AIQ, TMNT, GZ. Most Sterns in the past 3 years have had decent launch code.

Bond, LZ, BM66, STH and GOTG are the only recent Sterns I remember having bare launch code.

#4389 1 day ago
    Quoted from Gubbin:

[quoted image]

You need to look at the seller info. I recently bought a SW Prem off Amazon and it was from Stern directly. They also had some Rush Pro/Prem on there at MSRP.

A few days ago a distro added a TON of Sterns up there. NIB's were crazy high over MSRP, and their used games were even worse. But it all looks like one seller. You need to see the seller info... but once you know this, you can also see real quick which games are from that douchy distro just by the prices alone.

#4390 1 day ago
    Quoted from Yoko2una:

You need to look at the seller info. I recently bought a SW Prem off Amazon and it was from Stern directly. They also had some Rush Pro/Prem on there at MSRP.
    A few days ago a distro added a TON of Sterns up there. NIB's were crazy high over MSRP, and their used games were even worse. But it all looks like one seller. You need to see the seller info... but once you know this, you can also see real quick which games are from that douchy distro just by the prices alone.

Yeah I've been watching the Amazon store. Wish I woulda snagged the DP pro back in summer. Now I'm just waiting for that next run.
    Those reseller prices are comical. I guess they sell them though with that Amazon financing !

#4391 1 day ago

Any idea on bond le run? I think tilt had an extra for sale yesterday and said 4-6 weeks. Hope not.

#4392 1 day ago
    Quoted from beltking:

Any idea on bond le run? I think tilt had an extra for sale yesterday and said 4-6 weeks. Hope not.

Yikes - hoping it would be here in a few weeks

#4393 1 day ago

Bond LEs are on the line. Gomez streaming now:

#4394 1 day ago
    Quoted from beltking:

i prefer to give a buffer, im also hoping for sooner, but its so much easier to say 4-6 weeks and get it early, than say two weeks and someone gets pissed its 3 or so

#4395 1 day ago

Yeah I get it. Wonder is Bond people said they can’t do a video on the line. No pro or le video of production yet so that’s weird to miss that opportunity.

#4396 1 day ago
    Quoted from Grantman:

Bond LEs are on the line. Gomez streaming now:

"It's gonna be expensive." - Gomez talking about Elwin's Bond

#4397 1 day ago

Lulz

Screenshot_20221130-154222_YouTube (resized).jpg
    #4398 1 day ago

It sounds like we may only get 2 cornerstones next year...

#4399 1 day ago
    Quoted from crujones4life:

It sounds like we may only get 2 cornerstones next year...

LAME!

#4400 1 day ago

You got $21K to $40K burning a hole in your pocket?

There are 4,438 posts in this topic. You are on page 88 of 89.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!