Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 8,159 posts
  • 858 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 20 hours ago by Wildbill327
  • Topic is favorited by 532 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

glasses.gif
    nedry.gif
    snaps.gif
    Screenshot_20240318_201633_Chrome (resized).jpg
    IMG_8074 (resized).jpeg
    download (resized).jpeg
    7136153e-4781-4514-8f75-26077beb0e35-1655665323130 (resized).jpg
    designer-delays (resized).png
    image000000 (resized).jpeg
    IMG_1455.gif
    Skinner (resized).png
    26CDA9FF-5625-4BC0-AECC-1FF8C139FBFB (resized).jpeg
    pasted_image (resized).png
    IMG_5780 (resized).png
    bobbymcgeestub.png
    JT.gif
    There are 8,159 posts in this topic. You are on page 82 of 164.
    #4051 1 year ago
    Quoted from beltking:

Is the mando topper really $2000? It’s awesome but that’s nuts. The blue also doesn’t match cabinet well imo.

It looks like it was designed to match the LE. I agree looks a little color mismatched on the other models.

#4053 1 year ago
    Quoted from thekaiser82:

It looks like it was designed to match the LE. I agree looks a little color mismatched on the other models.

Yeah, that was my thoughts too. I have an le and I bet it looks great but I told my distributor I pass at 2k. Maybe next year if I get to see one in person and it’s amazing. 2 k amazing I would be surprised

#4054 1 year ago
    Quoted from thekaiser82:

Yeah and most likely LE owners will be the main purchasers of this one with a sprinkle of premiums. 2k is a 1/3rd of the entire cost of my pro. God help you if you go to sell your pro with a topper down the line, no one is going to pay 8500-9k for a mando pro with a topper lol

#4055 1 year ago
    Quoted from JackG:

I think if all goes well, they make 500 games a week. I heard that once.

I thought it was around 200 when things are good

#4056 1 year ago
    Quoted from PanzerKraken:

I thought it was around 200 when things are good

They do 1000 LEs and those are often finished in 2 weeks with a couple extra days, while simultaneously running home pins and other small runs. If they only did 200 a week, the LE would be on the line for over 5 weeks, so 200 is not accurate.

#4057 1 year ago

ive heard in the past they could do 500/week when supply constraints arent in the way

#4058 1 year ago

No factory Friday today? Was really hoping to see Turtles up on the line…

#4059 1 year ago
    Quoted from PinSpinner:

No factory Friday today? Was really hoping to see Turtles up on the line…

The social media peeps are probably busy at Expo.

#4060 1 year ago

…yeah, busy not posting anything on social media . Just me being overly excited for my machine to finally be made.

#4061 1 year ago
    Quoted from PinSpinner:

…yeah, busy not posting anything on social media . Just me being overly excited for my machine to finally be made.

The TMNT wait is killing me too. I'm waiting for a pro on this last build too haha

#4062 1 year ago
    Quoted from Capn12:

Prepare for disappointment. Because the deposit is with the distro, and not a binding thing with Stern, you'll be paying whatever the price is when it is ready to ship.

Capn12 is correct. Unfortunately. I put down a $500 deposit for GZ in October 21 and another $500 deposit for JP in January 22. Originally I was quoted $9k. Recently spent a lot of time talking to the distro and it sounds like I’m going to be stuck with the price increase. Distro is stuck in a bad spot with little they can do to honor the original price. Really unfortunate that there isn’t a way stern will work with distros to honor these orders that have been backlogged.

#4063 1 year ago
    Quoted from JustEverett:

Capn12 is correct. Unfortunately. I put down a $500 deposit for GZ in October 21 and another $500 deposit for JP in January 22. Originally I was quoted $9k. Recently spent a lot of time talking to the distro and it sounds like I’m going to be stuck with the price increase. Distro is stuck in a bad spot with little they can do to honor the original price. Really unfortunate that there isn’t a way stern will work with distros to honor these orders that have been backlogged.

It's on purpose.

#4064 1 year ago

Regarding pricing…The rumor mill is that the UMRP is the same as MAP is the same as MSRP on the pro in 2023; however, there is a spread on the UMRP and MSRP on the premium model. So technically the distro does not have to charge you the full increase in MSRP on a premium, but would on a pro.

But if you’re buying a desirable premium title and you don’t have a long history with the distro - then why wouldn’t they pass along the full increase if they have downstream demand on the title and can easily increase the price.

#4065 1 year ago
    Quoted from Riefepeters:

Regarding pricing…The rumor mill is that the UMRP is the same as MAP is the same as MSRP on the pro in 2023; however, there is a spread on the UMRP and MSRP on the premium model. So technically the distro does not have to charge you the full increase in MSRP on a premium, but would on a pro.
    But if you’re buying a desirable premium title and you don’t have a long history with the distro - then why wouldn’t they pass along the full increase if they have downstream demand on the title and can easily increase the price.

Well if word gets out that that's the case, the distros are going to piss a bunch of people off that way.

#4066 1 year ago

Greedy fucks!

#4067 1 year ago
    Quoted from seenev:

Well if word gets out that that's the case, the distros are going to piss a bunch of people off that way.

?? People haven't been paying the same price from other distros and don't know the distro margins before... so why would Distros setting their own price (as they have been doing) upset anyone?

'paying MSRP' and thus consistency between distros is a relatively new downgrade in most pinball hobbyist buying.

#4068 1 year ago

Looks like MAP on prem is 9500 as advertised by cointaker currently. Maybe UMRP is lower, I don’t know.

#4069 1 year ago

Judging by the stern tour they did during pinball expo, looks like TMNT was on the line. They did the tour live during the panel.

#4070 1 year ago
    Quoted from vgatchaman:

Judging by the stern tour they did during pinball expo, looks like TMNT was on the line. They did the tour live during the panel.

Stop it. Just stop it….you’re gonna ruin my mascara!

#4071 1 year ago

PinSpinner it was actually pretty heavily featured in the live tour! See for yourself!

Also, I’m patiently waiting for my TMNT Premium.

#4072 1 year ago
    Quoted from Legenbad:

PinSpinner it was actually pretty heavily featured in the live tour! See for yourself!

Also, I’m patiently waiting for my TMNT Premium.

That is awesome news. So many TMNT cabinets. I'm a little less than patiently waiting for my TMNT Pro. Thank you so much for posting the link to that livestream. It's nice to have evidence it's actually on the line this week.

#4073 1 year ago

post moved to another thread..

#4074 1 year ago

I had an order for a Godzilla that would supposedly be fulfilled this month. (Paid in full.) Looks like the run is over so would anyone know whether those should have now shipped? (Or might it take a couple of weeks like my dealer told me last week?)

#4075 1 year ago
    Quoted from rennervision:

I had an order for a Godzilla that would supposedly be fulfilled this month. (Paid in full.) Looks like the run is over so would anyone know whether those should have now shipped? (Or might it take a couple of weeks like my dealer told me last week?)

In the tour video above, at the 21 minute mark, they have a ton of Godzilla buildings getting ready (but I didn't see any GZ cabinets).

#4076 1 year ago
    Quoted from Grantman:

In the tour video above, at the 21 minute mark, they have a ton of Godzilla buildings getting ready (but I didn't see any GZ cabinets).

Thanks. I was looking for that and must've skipped over that part.

#4077 1 year ago
    Quoted from rennervision:

I just heard that more Godzilla Premiums are (most likely) coming in November (originally scheduled for October). They ran out of some parts and had to switch to another title but will be making more as soon as they get more parts in. I'm guessing the number of GZ playfield buildings in that factory tour video is how many they will be making.

#4078 1 year ago

If anyone gets notice that their TMNT is shipping soon, I need to know so I can harass my distributor haha

#4079 1 year ago
    Quoted from vgatchaman:

If anyone gets notice that their TMNT is shipping soon, I need to know so I can harass my distributor haha

IMO, you should just follow up with your distributor regardless. They're getting your business/money, so they should be alright with you checking in on your order status.

I was a little hesitant to follow up too frequently on my first/second orders, and in hindsight I don't really know why I felt that way. They were always willing to humor me with an update, even if it was just "still no news, still expected late August" etc etc. Don't drive yourself crazy wondering, is what I'm trying to say.

#4080 1 year ago
    Quoted from JStoltz:

IMO, you should just follow up with your distributor regardless. They're getting your business/money, so they should be alright with you checking in on your order status.
    I was a little hesitant to follow up too frequently on my first/second orders, and in hindsight I don't really know why I felt that way. They were always willing to humor me with an update, even if it was just "still no news, still expected late August" etc etc. Don't drive yourself crazy wondering, is what I'm trying to say.

Thanks! I just sent off an email and will report back what I hear!

#4081 1 year ago
    Quoted from vgatchaman:

Thanks! I just sent off an email and will report back what I hear!

should be very soon. Right now exports are on the line

#4082 1 year ago

Any idea on EHOH?

#4083 1 year ago
    Quoted from NC_Pin:

Any idea on EHOH?

It was moved to sometime next year unfortunately

#4084 1 year ago

I have just about given up on ever getting EHOH. By the time more actually get made, it will be $12k+ out the door.

#4085 1 year ago
    Quoted from NC_Pin:

Any idea on EHOH?

Talked with JJ from Game Exchange over the weekend and got told Stern is now saying Feb/March. But also, to put it politely as possible, he told me he doesn't really believe them.

I'm also about to just put money on a Rush because at least I'll get that in something resembling a reasonable timeframe.

#4086 1 year ago
    Quoted from LoranSlater:

Talked with JJ from Game Exchange over the weekend and got told Stern is now saying Feb/March. But also, to put it politely as possible, he told me he doesn't really believe them.
    I'm also about to just put money on a Rush because at least I'll get that in something resembling a reasonable timeframe.

That's crazy.

#4087 1 year ago

I surrendered my deposit on EHoH, from January of this year. I give up on Stern ever getting around to EHoH without it being 11k or more.

Hey, that $1000 pays for my TBL starry apron and money back, to boot!

#4088 1 year ago
    Quoted from Tilt:

should be very soon. Right now exports are on the line

How much notice do you get before a game is ready to ship?

#4089 1 year ago
    Quoted from LoranSlater:

Well... at least Rush is a great game in its own right. Fun and challenging. For me, it's never gotten "easy" or boring. YMMV, of course. But I think giving up on what is essentially the pinball equivalent of "vaporware" for a legit, fun, currently available game is a great trade.

#4090 1 year ago
    Quoted from kbenson13:

Well... at least Rush is a great game in its own right. Fun and challenging. For me, it's never gotten "easy" or boring. YMMV, of course. But I think giving up on what is essentially the pinball equivalent of "vaporware" for a legit, fun, currently available game is a great trade.

I mean I'll keep my EHOH deposit because it feels like the only way I'll ever get one at a 'reasonable' price, but we'll see how that goes lol.

And yea Rush is a good time and my closest local operator sold theirs a month ago, so it's drive further or get my own now. Will probably wait and see what my annual bonus is this year first in a few weeks but with Rush also coming sometime next year I'll probably just give JJ my money and see how it goes, can always move the deposit.

#4091 1 year ago
    Quoted from LoranSlater:

I mean I'll keep my EHOH deposit because it feels like the only way I'll ever get one at a 'reasonable' price, but we'll see how that goes lol.
    And yea Rush is a good time and my closest local operator sold theirs a month ago, so it's drive further or get my own now. Will probably wait and see what my annual bonus is this year first in a few weeks but with Rush also coming sometime next year I'll probably just give JJ my money and see how it goes, can always move the deposit.

If you can swing a Rush before end of year you may consider pulling the trigger with a distributor with one in stock. Prices increase across board after new year.

#4092 1 year ago

I get the GZ premium I ordered June 2022 in about 2 hours from the time I write this! Happy camper here! made the October run! Party time!

#4093 1 year ago
    Quoted from Blenderhead:

I get the GZ premium I ordered June 2022 in about 2 hours from the time I write this! Happy camper here! made the October run! Party time!

June 2022? Hmmmmmmmm.

#4094 1 year ago
    Quoted from LoranSlater:

I have rush pro and premium in stock ready to ship

#4095 1 year ago
    Quoted from PinMonk:

and there are no parts issues.

Ummm, ya that is probably not going to happen

#4096 1 year ago
    Quoted from Blenderhead:

What dealer did you buy from?

#4097 1 year ago
    Quoted from seenev:

June 2022? Hmmmmmmmm.

Yeah that's impressive I just got mine today from November 29th! That just happened to be Cyber Monday but I got last year's price increase instead of the Bond increase so I'll take it!

#4098 1 year ago
    Quoted from seenev:

June 2022? Hmmmmmmmm.

Yeah I’ve been on order since January 2022 anybody else having better luck?

#4099 1 year ago
    Quoted from Venom_249:

Yeah I’ve been on order since January 2022 anybody else having better luck?

Lots of examples of better "luck." It really isn't luck at all, but depends on what distributor you ordered from and if you were ok with calling around to see what was out there from other distributors to move yourself up in the line. If you're really motivated, it's not out of the question that you could have one in a month if you do the legwork.

#4100 1 year ago
    Quoted from PinMonk:

If you're really motivated, it's not out of the question that you could have one in a month if you do the legwork.

And now really is the time to do that legwork. If you get one this year vs next you'll hopefully save the bond-induced price increase

There are 8,159 posts in this topic. You are on page 82 of 164.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/what-is-on-the-line-at-stern-pinball-delays/page/82?hl=legenbad and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.