Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 8,174 posts
  • 859 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 7 hours ago by bwalter
  • Topic is favorited by 532 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

glasses.gif
    nedry.gif
    snaps.gif
    Screenshot_20240318_201633_Chrome (resized).jpg
    IMG_8074 (resized).jpeg
    download (resized).jpeg
    7136153e-4781-4514-8f75-26077beb0e35-1655665323130 (resized).jpg
    designer-delays (resized).png
    image000000 (resized).jpeg
    IMG_1455.gif
    Skinner (resized).png
    26CDA9FF-5625-4BC0-AECC-1FF8C139FBFB (resized).jpeg
    pasted_image (resized).png
    IMG_5780 (resized).png
    bobbymcgeestub.png
    JT.gif
    There are 8,174 posts in this topic. You are on page 81 of 164.
    #4001 1 year ago
    Quoted from Tilt:

Can this happen, sure, its almost immpossible to prevent. It has alway been location games first, and some distributor would hook a buddy up type thing and you see it for sale right away. To help prevent it, distributors now have to fill out a form for every operator, with a bunch of information. and if that operator doesnt not oeprate the game, they will not be able to get in on the first batch again

Thanks for the info, nice to see they try to get the games out on location with something more than just "words".

I still don't get why such a long delay before Premiums and Pros for the general population (or even premiums for operators, most around here put out premiums on location).

Could be dangerous having that big of a delay. If the game isn't all it's cracked up to be, plenty of time to move on from that pre order. Probably not the case but still.

#4002 1 year ago
    Quoted from JackG:

Has anybody heard anything about parts delays? This was the last update of what is gonna be on the line:
    Oct 2022 - Led Zeppelin Premium
    Oct 2022 - Godzilla Premium
    Oct 2022 - TMNT Pro & Premium (final run)
    Nov 2022 - Bond Pro (for locations only)
    Nov 2022 - Star Wars Home Edition (original & comic art)
    Nov 2022 - Jurassic Park Home Edition
    Nov 2022 - Bond LE
    Dec 2022 - Bond Premium
    Dec 2022 - Bond 60th
    ??? 2023 - Elvira Premium
    Apr 2023 - Bond Pro & Premium (for non-location buyers)

FWIW, I haven’t seen the manufacture date yet, but my LZ premium gets delivered Friday this week. I believe the Stern ship date to my distro was 9/30, so I’m expecting a late September born on date.

#4003 1 year ago
    Quoted from Tilt:

Can this happen, sure, its almost immpossible to prevent. It has alway been location games first, and some distributor would hook a buddy up type thing and you see it for sale right away. To help prevent it, distributors now have to fill out a form for every operator, with a bunch of information. and if that operator doesnt not oeprate the game, they will not be able to get in on the first batch again

Sheesh, talk about an unhealthy stranglehold....... Control supply, control price, control who can be sold product (and when), select which groups of customers are allowed to have product (and when), track customers and verify if they are complying, blacklist & punish those who don't comply.

I wonder how long it will be before these machines have a remote kill switch and require a terms of service & annual license to function.

#4004 1 year ago
    Quoted from PinStalker:

Sheesh, talk about an unhealthy stranglehold....... Control supply, control price, control who can be sold product (and when), select which groups of customers are allowed to have product (and when), track customers and verify if they are complying, blacklist & punish those who don't comply.
    I wonder how long it will be before these machines have a remote kill switch and require a terms of service & annual license to function.

i disagree. Rules have to be put into place since some abused it. And no one has to get a first run game if they dont agree with it, pretty plain and simple. Also, when the operators give us the information, stern will then make post about where you can go and play the latest game, so many of these places will get in a sense, free advertisement, by providing the location info

#4005 1 year ago
    Quoted from PinStalker:

'select which groups of customers are allowed to have the product'??

Did you hit your head or something? This is nothing more than part of Stern's marketing to get the games out on location where they can be seen and encouraging sales to operators.

zOMG... Ford ships cars to all their dealers instead of shipping MORE cars to MY dealer so I can get the car sooner.

#4006 1 year ago

Did I miss it or is there an estimate when 007 LEs will be produced. Got lucky getting one so just waiting.

#4007 1 year ago
    Quoted from WeirPinball:Did I miss it or is there an estimate when 007 LEs will be produced. Got lucky getting one so just waiting.

easiest way to get this info is to search this thread for a game you know is on the prod schedule but nobody is really talking about (TMNT, home edition pins)
    and you'll easily find the last time someone posted the production schedule:

Nov 2022 - Bond LE
    Dec 2022 - Bond Premium
    Dec 2022 - Bond 60th

#4008 1 year ago

All 1,000 LE Machines get produced in one month?

#4009 1 year ago
    Quoted from wackenhut:

Couple weeks if Stern is full steam and there are no parts issues.

#4010 1 year ago

It looks like they’re doing 8+weeks of Bond games. That’s a lot of games. It also doesn’t look like January February and March are spoken for….just a few more Elvira’s and that’s it. Doesn’t stern have multiple assembly lines? If so, they can several versions simultaneously.

#4011 1 year ago
    Quoted from wackenhut:

I think if all goes well, they make 500 games a week. I heard that once.

Quoted from Ivanhoe:

It looks like they’re doing 8+weeks of Bond games. That’s a lot of games. It also doesn’t look like January February and March are spoken for….just a few more Elvira’s and that’s it. Doesn’t stern have multiple assembly lines? If so, they can several versions simultaneously.

Don’t forget there will be a new cornerstone announced in January (usually a music pin) and also Stern usually shuts down the line the first two weeks of January to do inventory and get ready for the year. Or that’s been what it was in the past.

#4012 1 year ago
    Quoted from Sorokyl:

easiest way to get this info is to search this thread for a game you know is on the prod schedule but nobody is really talking about (TMNT, home edition pins)
    and you'll easily find the last time someone posted the production schedule:
    Nov 2022 - Bond LE
    Dec 2022 - Bond Premium
    Dec 2022 - Bond 60th

Apparently they are also doing a run of GZ premium in November

#4013 1 year ago
    Quoted from JackG:

I think if all goes well, they make 500 games a week. I heard that once.

Don’t forget there will be a new cornerstone announced in January (usually a music pin) and also Stern usually shuts down the line the first two weeks of January to do inventory and get ready for the year. Or that’s been what it was in the past.

Really? 500 games/week.....I knew they great manufacturing ability, but 500/week? if true thats impressive

#4014 1 year ago

Factory Friday post says they are cranking out GZ premiums. I'm sure it won't be enough to get to mine but there's always hope

chance (resized).pngchance (resized).png
    #4015 1 year ago
    Quoted from action76:

Factory Friday post says they are cranking out GZ premiums. I'm sure it won't be enough to get to mine but there's always hope
    [quoted image]

When did you order?

#4016 1 year ago
    Quoted from seenev:

When did you order?

Around the first part of June.

#4017 1 year ago
    Quoted from action76:

Around the first part of June.

September 2021, still waiting on mine

#4018 1 year ago

Depends on who you ordered from as well of course, but i feel like sept 2021 you should have gotten an invoice by now.

#4019 1 year ago
    Quoted from Mundy53:

Was it a $1 special?

#4020 1 year ago
    Quoted from Mundy53:

Curious...did you order from a local dealer?

#4021 1 year ago

Quick update: My LZ premium from GEx was delivered today. I know they’ve delivered several recently in CO over the last week or so…

September 25th born on date… seems probable that the LZ pins are done? But I don’t have any info beyond my pin.

Tons of fun playing already!

#4022 1 year ago
    Quoted from Pinball-Ike:

Quick update: My LZ premium from GEx was delivered today. I know they’ve delivered several recently in CO over the last week or so…
    September 25th born on date… seems probable that the LZ pins are done? But I don’t have any info beyond my pin.
    Tons of fun playing already!

Got my LZ yesterday from Game Exchange, just south of you.

#4023 1 year ago

Waiting on my LZ prem too, disti told me 2 weeks ago they would be shipped to him soon

#4024 1 year ago
    Quoted from JBtheAVguy:

Curious...did you order from a local dealer?

Won the game in a raffle from a very well respected charity. They ordered the game from a large national distributor in September 2021 (not the $1 special). I’ve reached out. My theory is that the distributor has been sliding me back to accommodate more profitable customers.
    Not upset, I’m confident it will come eventually.

#4025 1 year ago

That’s awesome, but still kind of a bummer.

#4026 1 year ago

So are you guys saying that the $1 or no deposit orders are basically worthless?

#4027 1 year ago
    Quoted from seenev:

So are you guys saying that the $1 or no deposit orders are basically worthless?

No, but they’re a no risk way to get on a list that’s a mile long. From a highly visible vendor.

#4028 1 year ago
    Quoted from qbass187:

No, but they’re a no risk way to get on a list that’s a mile long. From a highly visible vendor.

I really like the $1 special.... wish they had that for every title.
    What would be nice is if they had some sort of regular update about where they are on the orders (such as "we're filling July 2021 $1 specials right now"), that way there would be some kind of indication of how much further away your order month is and can have fun guessing based on Stern's production calendar.

Then again, a dollar is just a dollar and you can't expect anything for a dollar really..... but for a buck I have just as much information as two $1000 deposits I have sitting out there. Maybe a dollar is a better deposit after all.

I got my $1 special in April, so that's what? 2024?

#4029 1 year ago
    Quoted from PinStalker:

I really like the $1 special.... wish they had that for every title.
    What would be nice is if they had some sort of regular update about where they are on the orders (such as "we're filling July 2021 $1 specials right now"), that way there would be some kind of indication of how much further away your order month is and can have fun guessing based on Stern's production calendar.
    Then again, a dollar is just a dollar and you can't expect anything for a dollar really..... but for a buck I have just as much information as two $1000 deposits I have sitting out there. Maybe a dollar is a better deposit after all.
    I got my $1 special in April, so that's what? 2024?

I’m technically still on their $1 list for a GZ Prem as of 01/01/22. And I haven’t heard anything.
    I for a smaller dealer in April and got my GZ Prem in July. That was a $1k deposit but it came no tax no ship. Just had to call around.

#4030 1 year ago

I love how stern has years worth of GZ orders at $9000 but they carve out time in the schedule for JP the pin. Are people really buying that?

#4031 1 year ago
    Quoted from seenev:I love how stern has years worth of GZ orders at $9000 but they carve out time in the schedule for JP the pin. Are people really buying that?

Of course. Besides, no need to make too many GZ at $9000 when in 2 months they can sell them at 9700.. surprised they are making any now actually

#4032 1 year ago
    Quoted from Mundy53:

Won the game in a raffle from a very well respected charity. They ordered the game from a large national distributor in September 2021 (not the $1 special). I’ve reached out. My theory is that the distributor has been sliding me back to accommodate more profitable customers.
    Not upset, I’m confident it will come eventually.

Congratulations! That's awesome.

#4033 1 year ago
    Quoted from Sorokyl:

Of course. Besides, no need to make too many GZ at $9000 when in 2 months they can sell them at 9700.. surprised they are making any now actually

Except no one waited for 2023 to hike the prices...... they've already been the new 2023 price for a month or two.

#4034 1 year ago
    Quoted from PinStalker:

Except no one waited for 2023 to hike the prices...... they've already been the new 2023 price for a month or two.

Only Bond should be. In January, all games go to Bond prices.

#4035 1 year ago
    Quoted from desertT1:

Only Bond should be. In January, all games go to Bond prices.

If you check the distro websites, almost all the prices are Bond prices now, and they have been for at least a month (depending on the distro).
    What is not clear is: Did Stern already hike? Or did the distros hike early to get that spread as additional profit for the next couple months?

The average premium prices and spread I'm seeing (averaging across :FNO, CT, GEX, Fun, LSG)
    Bond: $9700
    GZ: $9700
    AIQ: $9500
    JP: $9500
    DP: $9500
    EHOH: $10K+ (TBD)
    Rush: $9k - $9500
    Mando: $9k - $9500
    SW: $8700 - $9500

So except the oldest and least desirable, which you potentially can find on the lower end of the price scale at only a couple vendors, all the averages are $9500-$9700 which is 2023 pricing. There are still 5000 machines to be built in 2022 (although many will be Bond). That's a lot of machines which should still be 2022 pricing unless Stern was the one to already hike.

#4036 1 year ago
    Quoted from PinStalker:

If you check the distro websites, almost all the prices are Bond prices now, and they have been for at least a month (depending on the distro).
    What is not clear is: Did Stern already hike? Or did the distros hike early to get that spread as additional profit for the next couple months?
    The average premium prices and spread I'm seeing (averaging across :FNO, CT, GEX, Fun, LSG)
    So except the oldest and least desirable, which you potentially can find on the lower end of the price scale at only a couple vendors, all the averages are $9500-$9700 which is 2023 pricing. There are still 5000 machines to be built in 2022 (although many will be Bond). That's a lot of machines which should still be 2022 pricing unless Stern was the one to already hike.

Prices should be hiked already if all their expected inventory is for next year. So most distros are not taking advantage of the new pricing and hiking early of 2022 stock, its more like the majority of the machines on the line for the past couple of months had been already called for and invoices already paid. I looked up several of those machines listed at 9500 on a several of those sellers, and they're all for future builds.

#4037 1 year ago
    Quoted from PinStalker:

That’s unfortunate, but I could see a situation where all of their 2022 orders are spoken for so all games bought now would be the higher price anyway. Either they do it now and only we notice, or they wait til Jan 1 and then they have to explain the price increase to everyone that “ordered” in 2022.

#4038 1 year ago

Godzilla Premium on the line. As we make our way down the line...

Nov 2022 - Bond LE
    Dec 2022 - Bond Premium
    Dec 2022 - Bond 60th

#4039 1 year ago

George Gomez reiterated tonight on the Deadflip stream that he was uncertain that it would truly be until April 2023 before non-location buyers started seeing Bonds. He didn't say for certain, but this is the second time I've seen him publicly say that the rumor that non-location buyers wouldn't see Bond until April 2023 was inaccurate. He wasn't very wishy-washy in saying as much - he seemed about as confident as he could without saying anything for certain. Zach indicated that he received "not quite a wrist slap" but some level of communication from Stern implying the same in the most recent TPN episode.

#4040 1 year ago
    Quoted from Sorokyl:

Ya know, I ordered a EHOH Premium in September.... 2021. I was quoted a certain price, and put down a $3000 non-refundable deposit. I'd be pretty disappointed if they didn't honor it.

#4041 1 year ago
    Quoted from JackG:

Godzilla Premium on the line. As we make our way down the line...
    Nov 2022 - Bond LE
    Dec 2022 - Bond Premium
    Dec 2022 - Bond 60th

I believe they still have more led Zeppelin premiums to make. I have one on order and my distributor told me they're waiting on parts for the expression lighting. My distributors said he's waiting on about 20 of them still.

#4042 1 year ago
    Quoted from aamauzy:

George Gomez reiterated tonight on the Deadflip stream that he was uncertain that it would truly be until April 2023 before non-location buyers started seeing Bonds. He didn't say for certain, but this is the second time I've seen him publicly say that the rumor that non-location buyers wouldn't see Bond until April 2023 was inaccurate.

Inaccurate NOW. Because Stern backed off saying that first run of Pros was all location when the market freaked out. AFTER that Gomez and Stern's story changed to "we might be able to get enough pros made so some non-locations can get machines from that first Pro run. That was NOT what was communicated first. The story and intent changed after the freakout.

But even if they do, it's not going to be enough pros to satisfy 1/10th of the demand, so most people that want pros will be waiting months or giving up and buying a Premium from the Dec run (which is much more profitable for Stern).

#4043 1 year ago
    Quoted from NC_Pin:

Ya know, I ordered a EHOH Premium in September.... 2021. I was quoted a certain price, and put down a $3000 non-refundable deposit. I'd be pretty disappointed if they didn't honor it.

Prepare for disappointment. Because the deposit is with the distro, and not a binding thing with Stern, you'll be paying whatever the price is when it is ready to ship.

#4044 1 year ago
    Quoted from ZoraShinoda:

I believe they still have more led Zeppelin premiums to make. I have one on order and my distributor told me they're waiting on parts for the expression lighting. My distributors said he's waiting on about 20 of them still.

I guess Rush owners will be waiting a long time for expression lighting.

#4045 1 year ago
    Quoted from NC_Pin:

A deposit for a Stern game should not be non-refundable. Talk to your distro.

#4046 1 year ago
    Quoted from NC_Pin:

In general, if the price is changed, that's a material change of your contract and you can get your deposit back if you don't want to pay the new price. Your deposit is only non-refundable if the price of the machine you put the deposit on does not change. IF it changes, you have the right to receive your deposit and walk away if you do not agree to the new price.

#4047 1 year ago
    Quoted from PinMonk:

In general, if the price is changed, that's a material change of your contract and you can get your deposit back if you don't want to pay the new price. Your deposit is only non-refundable if the price of the machine you put the deposit on does not change. IF it changes, you have the right to receive your deposit and walk away if you do not agree to the new price.

Agree, when I had my deposit down for Elvira the last time for over a year they ended up raising it $500 over what it was at preorder. When they did that you had the option to cancel and get your deposit back. Kind of stinks but I would say poster above you have a 0% chance you locked in the price. But in their defense it was $8500 when you locked it in and now regular premiums are going to be $9700 next year. From there Elvira always had a price increase over the premiums so I would guesstimate the Elvira MSRP will be 11K.

#4048 1 year ago

Not to mention that some of the distributors are now asking for prices above MSRP on many popular machines. Just look at some of the recent ads on pinside for left over spots for Bond LE’s. Some guys are asking $14,999 for slots in their allotment queue PLUS freight for a $12,999 machine that would normally be negotiated as a shipping included pin. The huge price hike over the last 18 months is likely why they have had slots open up in the first place, I bet this is the beginning of the end for huge prices on pins, but then again…

I don’t blame the distributors for hiking prices above MSRP. It is good business as long as they can sell their machines. I just think that those who put down deposits on a very popular machine like Elvira are at the mercy of the popularity of the pin. As long as there are people willing to pay ten and twenty percent above MSRP, the distributors would be silly not to set their small allotment at a higher price anyway just because they can get it. If you don’t like it, then there are fifteen other buyers behind you in line. It’s the law of supply and demand at it’s very purest definition. Your $3k is much better off in your hands at this point.

#4049 1 year ago
    Quoted from NoSkills:

A deposit for a Stern game should not be non-refundable. Talk to your distro.

I probably should have held off saying it was non-refundable. It has been a year, and I thought it was non-refundable. I need to look back at the emails.

Also... even if it was non-refundable at the time.. I am sure I could probably get it back without too much grief.

My main point... I have had $3000 tied up for a year, with no ship date in sight, and with the agreed upon price jumping.

#4050 1 year ago

Is the mando topper really $2000? It’s awesome but that’s nuts. The blue also doesn’t match cabinet well imo.

There are 8,174 posts in this topic. You are on page 81 of 164.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/what-is-on-the-line-at-stern-pinball-delays/page/81?hl=sleal16 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.