Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 8,172 posts
  • 859 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 4 minutes ago by EspoPinball
  • Topic is favorited by 532 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

glasses.gif
    nedry.gif
    snaps.gif
    Screenshot_20240318_201633_Chrome (resized).jpg
    IMG_8074 (resized).jpeg
    download (resized).jpeg
    7136153e-4781-4514-8f75-26077beb0e35-1655665323130 (resized).jpg
    designer-delays (resized).png
    image000000 (resized).jpeg
    IMG_1455.gif
    Skinner (resized).png
    26CDA9FF-5625-4BC0-AECC-1FF8C139FBFB (resized).jpeg
    pasted_image (resized).png
    IMG_5780 (resized).png
    bobbymcgeestub.png
    JT.gif
    There are 8,172 posts in this topic. You are on page 80 of 164.
    #3951 1 year ago
    Quoted from hiker2099:

Now if only Borg would put Elwin in check with a King Kong pin.

That would mean a totally new playfield design from Borg. Do you know how much you're asking?

#3952 1 year ago

Borg is best designer at Stern. Cue the grumbles. I would love to see what he could do with King Kong. Don’t forget that his Pro models are the best at Stern. Other designers strip down the pros.

#3953 1 year ago
    Quoted from hiker2099:

Borg is best designer at Stern.

I guess you enjoy tired and predictable then.

#3954 1 year ago

Yep and time tested.

#3955 1 year ago

Lol I mean I just bought a Guardians and I like Tmnt and Tron.

But one designer has been using the same ideas, same mechs, same magnets and mirrored layouts for 30+ years and the other one is Elwin lol

#3956 1 year ago
    Quoted from hiker2099:

I traded GZ Premium for Rush Prem. GZ is overhyped by the community at large JMHO. I never even knew who Rush was but it is a real shooter and integration is top notch. I am now a Rush fan.

Rush is great. GZ is also great. These things do not have to be mutually exclusive

#3957 1 year ago

I’m pretty sure after Elwin designs for 30 years, he will be a little repetitive as well. I mean there are only so many layouts possible over decades of pinball.

#3958 1 year ago
    Quoted from hiker2099:

I’m pretty sure after Elwin designs for 30 years, he will be a little repetitive as well. I mean there are only so many layouts possible over decades of pinball.

But the amount of rapid fire playfield layouts RIGHT NOW he's churning out that are very unique, one right after another, all of them working at a high level, is unprecedented for the modern era.

#3959 1 year ago

Has anyone received a GOTG from last week's batch?

#3960 1 year ago

Just received my invoice today for GOTG. Should be arriving soon!

#3961 1 year ago

Is stern running Guardians Premiums, too? Or just Pros?

#3962 1 year ago
    Quoted from scootss:

Is stern running Guardians Premiums, too? Or just Pros?

Just Pros

#3963 1 year ago
    Quoted from mbl1116:

I’ve seen plenty of GZ premiums listed for 10,500 or less recently. Factor in the price increase and shipping costs and you’re pretty much there.

In a year there will be Godzillas everywhere for sale, prices will keep coming down with supply and Stern is going to crank these out big time.

Quoted from hiker2099:

I traded GZ Premium for Rush Prem. GZ is overhyped by the community at large JMHO. I never even knew who Rush was but it is a real shooter and integration is top notch. I am now a Rush fan.

Godzilla is a fantastic game but I easily have more fun shooting Rush .

#3964 1 year ago

GZ premium arrived - looks like these were getting pumped out last month

08E96244-7860-4ECA-9E97-2C2B9294133F (resized).jpeg08E96244-7860-4ECA-9E97-2C2B9294133F (resized).jpeg
    #3965 1 year ago
    Quoted from djsolzs:

GZ premium arrived - looks like these were getting pumped out last month
    [quoted image]

some playfield plywoods were QAd that month. Typically people go by the "build date" on the back in regards to when the game was actually on the line.

#3966 1 year ago

It was just what was in my face - here is build

Quoted from Sorokyl:

some playfield plywoods were QAd that month. Typically people go by the "build date" on the back in regards to when the game was actually on the line.

6447CFF2-652D-4D64-9D04-6B0B78AD8B12 (resized).jpeg6447CFF2-652D-4D64-9D04-6B0B78AD8B12 (resized).jpeg
    #3967 1 year ago
    Quoted from Sorokyl:some playfield plywoods were QAd that month. Typically people go by the "build date" on the back in regards to when the game was actually on the line.

That mark is basically when the game is finished. The marking in the photo above is likely the cabinet assembly's QA mark.

#3968 1 year ago
    Quoted from djsolzs:

It was just what was in my face - here is build

When did you order it?
    Thanks

#3969 1 year ago

11/26

Quoted from Grimstead:

When did you order it?
    Thanks

#3970 1 year ago
    Quoted from PinMonk:

But the amount of rapid fire playfield layouts RIGHT NOW he's churning out that are very unique, one right after another, all of them working at a high level, is unprecedented for the modern era.

He is undoubtedly a prodigy.

#3971 1 year ago
    Quoted from PinMonk:

That would mean a totally new playfield design from Borg. Do you know how much you're asking?

Right???

Put Iron Man, Metallica, and Guardians next to each other. Practically the exact same identical layout - especially Metallica and Guardians. He did great with TWD. That was a solid (very difficult) design!

JP, GZ, AIQ, and Iron Maiden are like 4 absolutely fresh and different layouts. In a world of circular fans, Elwin is a circular saw.

#3972 1 year ago
    Quoted from hiker2099:

Borg is best designer at Stern. Cue the grumbles. I would love to see what he could do with King Kong. Don’t forget that his Pro models are the best at Stern. Other designers strip down the pros.

I just won the pro Project Pinball Raffle and had a choice of any game I wanted. I understand that different people have different tastes on what they like in a pinball machine, and I can totally respect that. I do like Borg layouts and have played Rush quite a few times and really like it. I actually go and play all machines that are available to me to make sure it will last. But when it came time to make a decision of what machine I wanted, I chose Godzilla. Elwin games are just phenomenal and the rules that go with them are great. I have both Guardians and Iron Maiden and my brother has Metallica which I played a lot. At the end of the day, it was between Jurassic Park and Godzilla, and the real King of the Monsters won out.

#3973 1 year ago

Anyone get tracking on the gotg pros?

#3974 1 year ago

Looks like I'm getting mine this Friday!

#3975 1 year ago
    Quoted from king_pin:

Looks like I'm getting mine this Friday!

Really? Who did you order from? Hope some tracking numbers go out today!

#3976 1 year ago
    Quoted from kool1:

Godzilla is a fantastic game but I easily have more fun shooting Rush .

Same here. One day ill have one.

#3977 1 year ago
    Quoted from Fsdre:

Anyone get tracking on the gotg pros?

Mine arrived at mad amusements yesterday and picking it up tomorrow.

#3978 1 year ago

Was supposed to get my GZ yesterday but FedEx decided to delay the delivery. Had an appointment setup from 2-4. No delivery as of 5pm. I had received no communication at this point and tracking still said delivery by end of day. I call FedEx and the support person informs me that it got held up in New Mexico THE DAY BEFORE and it will not be delivered today, despite what their tracking says. What's the point of having an appointment? Also, they knew it was delayed a full 24 hours before and never notified me. So frustrating.

#3979 1 year ago

First world problems

Quoted from pch3727:

Was supposed to get my GZ yesterday but FedEx decided to delay the delivery. Had an appointment setup from 2-4. No delivery as of 5pm. I had received no communication at this point and tracking still said delivery by end of day. I call FedEx and the support person informs me that it got held up in New Mexico THE DAY BEFORE and it will not be delivered today, despite what their tracking says. What's the point of having an appointment? Also, they knew it was delayed a full 24 hours before and never notified me. So frustrating.

#3980 1 year ago
    Quoted from Megeant:

First world problems

This entire website and hobby is nothing but first world problems. Doesn't mean that wasting an entire day and not having something show up isn't frustrating.

#3981 1 year ago
    Quoted from paul_8788:

This entire website and hobby is nothing but first world problems. Doesn't mean that wasting an entire day and not having something show up isn't frustrating.

True, and I would rather keep all the shipping and logistics grumbles in this thread rather than clogging up the individual game threads with 50 posts a day from the same few people wondering when their game is going to ship from which distributor

#3982 1 year ago
    Quoted from Happy81724:

Mine arrived at mad amusements yesterday and picking it up tomorrow.

that would be the last person on earth id give my money too.

#3983 1 year ago
    Quoted from pch3727:

Welcome to dealing with Freight Companies.

The TLDR - Don't trust anything

The only way to really control anything is to Terminal pickup.

#3984 1 year ago
    Quoted from pch3727:

That sucks. Typically it would be obvious if your shipment was not at the local terminal the morning it was supposed to be delivered, that it's delayed.. in case this saves you some disappointment next time.

#3985 1 year ago
    Quoted from ccbiggsoo7:

that would be the last person on earth id give my money too.

Why? You're not talking about the ebay "Mad Amusements" guy, right? That's someone different...

#3986 1 year ago
    Quoted from Fsdre:

Really? Who did you order from? Hope some tracking numbers go out today!

Player 1 in Montreal

#3987 1 year ago

Any recent intel on Maiden going back on the line? Keeping my fingers cautiously crossed we get it in the first half of 2023.

#3988 1 year ago
    Quoted from onemilemore:

Any recent intel on Maiden going back on the line? Keeping my fingers cautiously crossed we get it in the first half of 2023.

Other than Bond pros in April and Elvira…sometime… I don’t think any info has been released about 2023 schedule

#3989 1 year ago
    Quoted from PinMonk:

Why? You're not talking about the ebay "Mad Amusements" guy, right? That's someone different...

It’s actually mad pinball not mad amusements so I might of confused him

#3990 1 year ago

eBay mad amusements guy= bad news

#3991 1 year ago
    Quoted from onemilemore:

I reached out to my three regular distributors looking to put a deposit on a Premium for next year. None of them would take deposits. One said they wouldn't take my deposit because they don't know what their allocation is yet. All three put me on their lists.

FWIW

#3992 1 year ago

Wonder if we get another guardians for factory Friday today

#3993 1 year ago
    Quoted from Fsdre:

Wonder if we get another guardians for factory Friday today

Yep!

#3994 1 year ago
    Quoted from SimplePin:

I reached out to my three regular distributors looking to put a deposit on a Premium for next year. None of them would take deposits. One said they wouldn't take my deposit because they don't know what their allocation is yet. All three put me on their lists.
    FWIW

I had the same response from multiple diaries earlier this year on IM. Everyone of them said it won’t go back on the line. I ended up buying second hand.

#3995 1 year ago

Has anybody heard anything about parts delays? This was the last update of what is gonna be on the line:

Oct 2022 - Led Zeppelin Premium
    Oct 2022 - Godzilla Premium
    Oct 2022 - TMNT Pro & Premium (final run)
    Nov 2022 - Bond Pro (for locations only)
    Nov 2022 - Star Wars Home Edition (original & comic art)
    Nov 2022 - Jurassic Park Home Edition
    Nov 2022 - Bond LE
    Dec 2022 - Bond Premium
    Dec 2022 - Bond 60th
    ??? 2023 - Elvira Premium
    Apr 2023 - Bond Pro & Premium (for non-location buyers)

#3996 1 year ago

I saw a distributor post on FB that more GZ premiums are going on the line in Nov. Anyone else heard this?

#3997 1 year ago
    Quoted from JackG:

Has anybody heard anything about parts delays? This was the last update of what is gonna be on the line:
    Oct 2022 - Led Zeppelin Premium
    Oct 2022 - Godzilla Premium
    Oct 2022 - TMNT Pro & Premium (final run)
    Nov 2022 - Bond Pro (for locations only)
    Nov 2022 - Star Wars Home Edition (original & comic art)
    Nov 2022 - Jurassic Park Home Edition
    Nov 2022 - Bond LE
    Dec 2022 - Bond Premium
    Dec 2022 - Bond 60th
    Apr 2023 - Bond Pro & Premium (for non-location buyers)

Does it seem odd to anyone else that they would announce a new title (after skipping one) and then wait 6 months before they produce Pro and Premium for general sale? Are they going to skip another release because it seems like they would announce another one before this one even hits the open market.

Also, does/is Stern going to track the location games from the Nov run when they start being flipped on the secondary market for ultra premium prices? I understand wanting to get the games on location but what recourse are they going to take if the people who have the ability to get those just unload them for a quick buck? Just curious if they would do something or if it's just another hook up for the connected folks to make a quick flip buck.

#3998 1 year ago
    Quoted from TheClownpuncher:

Does it seem odd to anyone else that they would announce a new title (after skipping one) and then wait 6 months before they produce Pro and Premium for general sale? Are they going to skip another release because it seems like they would announce another one before this one even hits the open market.
    Also, does/is Stern going to track the location games from the Nov run when they start being flipped on the secondary market for ultra premium prices? I understand wanting to get the games on location but what recourse are they going to take if the people who have the ability to get those just unload them for a quick buck? Just curious if they would do something or if it's just another hook up for the connected folks to make a quick flip buck.

Can this happen, sure, its almost immpossible to prevent. It has alway been location games first, and some distributor would hook a buddy up type thing and you see it for sale right away. To help prevent it, distributors now have to fill out a form for every operator, with a bunch of information. and if that operator doesnt not oeprate the game, they will not be able to get in on the first batch again

#3999 1 year ago
    Quoted from Tilt:

Can this happen, sure, its almost immpossible to prevent. It has alway been location games first, and some distributor would hook a buddy up type thing and you see it for sale right away. To help prevent it, distributors now have to fill out a form for every operator, with a bunch of information. and if that operator doesnt not oeprate the game, they will not be able to get in on the first batch again

It's a good idea to help out location play. It's like movies coming out in the theater before being available on demand.

#4000 1 year ago
    Quoted from JackG:

Yep, message received.
    A2BD330B-6BD3-4786-ADC0-86B53C118A46.gifA2BD330B-6BD3-4786-ADC0-86B53C118A46.gif

There are 8,172 posts in this topic. You are on page 80 of 164.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/what-is-on-the-line-at-stern-pinball-delays/page/80?hl=kbenson13 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.