Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 8,174 posts
  • 859 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 1 hour ago by bwalter
  • Topic is favorited by 532 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

glasses.gif
    nedry.gif
    snaps.gif
    Screenshot_20240318_201633_Chrome (resized).jpg
    IMG_8074 (resized).jpeg
    download (resized).jpeg
    7136153e-4781-4514-8f75-26077beb0e35-1655665323130 (resized).jpg
    designer-delays (resized).png
    image000000 (resized).jpeg
    IMG_1455.gif
    Skinner (resized).png
    26CDA9FF-5625-4BC0-AECC-1FF8C139FBFB (resized).jpeg
    pasted_image (resized).png
    IMG_5780 (resized).png
    bobbymcgeestub.png
    JT.gif
    There are 8,174 posts in this topic. You are on page 7 of 164.
    #301 2 years ago
    Quoted from knockerlover:

Is it hard to talk with your mouth full of Jack’s D?

Wow, that was kind of uncalled for. I guess I cant recognize someone being good at pinball….

#302 2 years ago
    Quoted from mbrave77:

Wow, that was kind of uncalled for. I guess I cant recognize someone being good at pinball….

Stuck my head into the “What’s on the line at stern pinball” thread to see some pleb talking about how some of the “best games” are when the players does a move banned in all competitive play..

It was called for

#303 2 years ago
    Quoted from knockerlover:

Stuck my head into the “What’s on the line at stern pinball” thread to see some pleb talking about how some of the “best games” are when the players does a move banned in all competitive play..
    It was called for

Its still uncalled for and if you look at the post I was quoting youll realize your being an asshat....If you watch Jack's video's many of his top games where he beats the game include a death save or two. Is he playing in competition? Hell no, so who the fuck cares?

Basically someone posted that they will never put up a game like Jack D does and I said dont feel bad the dude is pretty good at pinball. Get a life.

#304 2 years ago

To get things back on topic, Wheres my Mando Premium I ordered day 1? Hopefully thats soon

#305 2 years ago
    Quoted from mbrave77:

To get things back on topic, Wheres my Mando Premium I ordered day 1? Hopefully thats soon

For sure. Would like to see a Mando Monday post next week

#306 2 years ago
    Quoted from Dahawk007:

For sure. Would like to see a Mando Monday post next week

Got my day 1 GZ premium before my day 1 mando premium. Guess shouldnt complain with all the delays some are experiencing

#307 2 years ago

My Stranger Things Pro shipped today. Super excited to get it before January 1.

Flip N Out Pinball for the win!

#308 2 years ago

Just heard from distrib that Dec DP Prem run was cancelled today.

#309 2 years ago

Had a big scare last night. I got an e-mail from the distrib that my order for Stranger Things was CANCELLED. I was like WTF!!!! Although after about an hour......I was like wait, it's Sunday, and they're not even open.....why would they cancel at such an odd time. Well then I thought and realized I submitted my original payment on paypal exacty 30 days ago and it was still pending since the shop has not shipped yet, so paypal automatically cancels the order. So after being in a panic over night, the shop e-mailed me this morning to confirm it was a paypal issue, and the StrThings is still coming......such a releif!!! Although they told if it doesn't ship from the factory before new years, the price is going up $500, which sounds a little sketchy since I've been hearing a number of pinsiders saying they were shipping out from Stern late last week. I understand the price increase on all machines in the new year, but I just got feeling even if they get the machine this week, they'll hold off another week just so they can charge me more, although I hope that thought isn't true. Either way, I'm buying the machine, but if I get the original price, it'll definately motivate me to buy more from this distrib in the future. This is going to be my first new pin purchase ever, so I'm really excited and anxious, and just hope everything works out!!

#310 2 years ago
    Quoted from CaptainRedEye:

My Stranger Things Pro shipped today. Super excited to get it before January 1.
    Flip N Out Pinball for the win!

Congrats. Hopefully they are still on the line. I’m awaiting my call from my distro on this one as well. Anyone know if STh pro is still on the line?

#311 2 years ago
    Quoted from drum412:

I understand the price increase on all machines in the new year, but I just got feeling even if they get the machine this week, they'll hold off another week just so they can charge me more, although I hope that thought isn't true.

If you feel that way about your distributor you should change distributors anyway. There are many wonderful distributors in this business that you would simply never feel that way about.

Quoted from drum412:

Well then I thought and realized I submitted my original payment on paypal exacty 30 days ago and it was still pending since the shop has not shipped yet, so paypal automatically cancels the order.

I’m surprised there is a distributor that accepts PayPal frankly, not a safe method of receiving payment for them from their customers, particularly new customers.

#312 2 years ago
    Quoted from TigerLaw:

If you feel that way about your distributor you should change distributors anyway. There are many wonderful distributors in this business that you would simply never feel that way about.

I’m surprised there is a distributor that accepts PayPal frankly, not a safe method of receiving payment for them from their customers, particularly new customers.

I think it's mostly me, just being anxious. Not bad mouthing the distro here, just random thoughts running through my head since i'm nervous. I've got nothing to do but wait for it to come....LOL..... Anyhow, I did a bit background on the distro before ordering, and they're a reputable dealer, and I personally know one person who got a pin from them about a year ago that had a good experience and they refered me to this distro. Not to mention, I didn't have any closer dealers locally that were offering pre-orders for stranger things, or were already sold out of pre-orders. Although I wish Stern had a better pricing policy in general. It's crazy how much prices vary from different dealers/distros. Even with 3 of the closest dealers to me, on average are pricing machines anywere from $200-1000 over list for NIB machines, and thats if you pic it up yourself from them, they'll charge shipping extra, While other dealers halfway across the country will sell it with shipping included at List price, its nuts. Man.....I just need to find something to keep myself occupied until it gets here, so I can stop thinking so pessimistically.

#313 2 years ago
    Quoted from Damonator:

Just heard from distrib that Dec DP Prem run was cancelled today.

Sounding in this thread like maybe pushed to summer…

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/deadpool-cancelled-and-no-eta-in-sight-

#314 2 years ago
    Quoted from TigerLaw:

Congrats. Hopefully they are still on the line. I’m awaiting my call from my distro on this one as well. Anyone know if STh pro is still on the line?

I hope so…I’ve yet to receive an invoice for mine. Planning to call distributor tomorrow to check.

#315 2 years ago

Mine St pros shipped last week. Need to get collecting so I can ship them

#316 2 years ago
    Quoted from Insanity199:

I am pretty sure all JPs were pushed to 2022.

My distributor said "tentatively" April of 2022 for the next JP Premium batch. Guess I'll just have to be content with my Godzilla LE for 4 more months lol.

#317 2 years ago

FYI pinball pirates has a few stranger things pros left if you want. Tell them Eric moore sent you. Also has tmnt and Godzilla pros I believe.

#318 2 years ago

Distributor emailed and said my STh Pro arrived this morning, w00t. Curious to see if the coin box is bouncing around in the cab.

#319 2 years ago
    Quoted from blizz81:

Distributor emailed and said my STh Pro arrived this morning, w00t. Curious to see if the coin box is bouncing around in the cab.

Oh, jeez. Mine is supposed to be here by noon. Forgot about those loose coin box reports.

#320 2 years ago

Okay, I've read that Stern has a backlog of something like 20,000 machines. I think we are all in agreement that they are backed up worse than a Taco Bell toilet. However, how many of those orders are duplicates? I am under the impression that people desperate for a JP, GZ, or DP may have their name on lists at more than one distributor in the hopes that they can slide in a little earlier on an order. If that is true, how many orders will end up being cancelled? I understand that at this exact moment it doesn't make sense to cancel an order because you can take delivery and immediately sell it for a profit, but I do not believe that situation will last forever and we will go back to a used Pro or Premium going for about $500 under street price once the next game is announced.

#321 2 years ago

All prices auto adjust up match GZ pricing after the new year correct?
    Already thinking another price increase is coming next year if backlog is this bad.

#322 2 years ago
    Quoted from Vino:

Already thinking another price increase is coming next year if backlog is this bad.

Yes, correct. Based on the way the entire economy is trending I would say you are correct. Inflation and supply chain issues look like they will continue past next summer and into the end of the year.

#323 2 years ago

Sorry for the slight hijack but can someone explain to me how re-runs of older games work?
    I'm newer to the hobby and me and my GF would absolutely love to get Metallica. Is there any chance they ever do another run of that game or has its final run been done?

#324 2 years ago
    Quoted from Anony:

Sorry for the slight hijack but can someone explain to me how re-runs of older games work?
    I'm newer to the hobby and me and my GF would absolutely love to get Metallica. Is there any chance they ever do another run of that game or has its final run been done?

The game is currently out of production but never say never with Stern. They occasionally revisit a popular title with a run if demand is there.
    Trek, AC/DC, Spider Man, and Iron Man are recent examples.

#325 2 years ago
    Quoted from Vino:

Yep and you bet there is a price increase coming with the Rush announcement - count on it.

#326 2 years ago

Just received and paid my Stranger Things Invoice. Distro said he's expecting to receive it Thursday......so hopefully it'll get to me early in the New Year!!

#327 2 years ago

Distro received Stranger Things today. Keep ‘em coming, good people of Stern Pinball!!

#328 2 years ago
    Quoted from WeirPinball:

Yep and you bet there is a price increase coming with the Rush announcement - count on it.

There may well be a price increase soon, but it’ll have more to do with their annual price increase than it does with Rush in my estimation. Stern hasn’t been this worried about how a new release will be received since BK:SOR. Not that they are too concerned with that giant backlog they have amassed...

#329 2 years ago

I got my BM66 all set up right before leaving on a work trip. The driver gave me a scare, by laying the game on it's side to unload. Nevermind all of the arrows and labels on the box, dude. Nothing broke, but he was awfully caviler about it. He wrote "pending inspection" on the ticket. I unboxed it while he loaded up his pallet jack. Unlike many, mine did have a coin box clip, though it was found in the back of the cabinet. I guess you can't win them all.

I spent most of the day installing the shaker, Cliffy's and changing rubber where I had it apart. It indeed came with IC, though that wasn't something I really desired. I look forward to getting back home to actually drive into gameplay.

20211228_095208 (resized).jpg20211228_095208 (resized).jpg20211228_192814 (resized).jpg20211228_192814 (resized).jpg20211228_222758 (resized).jpg20211228_222758 (resized).jpg20211228_094136 (resized).jpg20211228_094136 (resized).jpg
    #330 2 years ago

Why in the world would he unload it like that? Glad it was ok. Congrats - awesome game!

#331 2 years ago
    Quoted from jfh:

Why in the world would he unload it like that? Glad it was ok. Congrats - awesome game!

they're probably not able to fire anyone so they get whatever they can get.

#332 2 years ago
    Quoted from gorditas:

I got my BM66 all set up right before leaving on a work trip. The driver gave me a scare, by laying the game on it's side to unload. Nevermind all of the arrows and labels on the box, dude. Nothing broke, but he was awfully caviler about it. He wrote "pending inspection" on the ticket. I unboxed it while he loaded up his pallet jack. Unlike many, mine did have a coin box clip, though it was found in the back of the cabinet. I guess you can't win them all.
    I spent most of the day installing the shaker, Cliffy's and changing rubber where I had it apart. It indeed came with IC, though that wasn't something I really desired. I look forward to getting back home to actually drive into gameplay.[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

I would reach out to the carrier, and especially send them the last picture. If he had to lay it down for some unknown reason (although I can't imagine why when it is on a pallet, unless his pallet jack was too wide for the pallet), the side that says "Truck This Side Only" should have been down. While you may never hear anything back, business owners generally want to know if their employees are doing a bad job, even in these times.

#333 2 years ago
    Quoted from TigerLaw:

There may well be a price increase soon, but it’ll have more to do with their annual price increase than it does with Rush in my estimation. Stern hasn’t been this worried about how a new release will be received since BK:SOR. Not that they are too concerned with that giant backlog they have amassed...

Wish it was just an annual increase - history shows a bump with most new runs

#334 2 years ago
    Quoted from WeirPinball:

Wish it was just an annual increase - history shows a bump with most new runs

Think of all the awesome F U Stern threads we’ll get!

#335 2 years ago
    Quoted from gorditas:

I spent most of the day installing the shaker, Cliffy's and changing rubber where I had it apart. It indeed came with IC, though that wasn't something I really desired. I look forward to getting back home to actually drive into gameplay.[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

Curious where you found the bat-wing side armor at!

Edit: Ah, nevermind.. just googled and found some pretty quickly. I wasn't expecting them to ever come back in stock since they've been out for so long.
    https://www.marcospecialties.com/pinball-parts/502-7028-00

#336 2 years ago
    Quoted from JStoltz:

My new B66 is with Matt at Back Alley getting full powder, etc. and he sourced that same armor and those hinges from pinballmetal.com They come unfinished.

#337 2 years ago
    Quoted from CrazyLevi:

Think of all the awesome F U Stern threads we’ll get!

That's the objective!

#338 2 years ago

I sourced my armor from Pinball metal, and had my local guy powder coat it. The pinstripes were applied by a local pinstripe artist that does high end cars, motorcycles,etc.

20210701_155818 (resized).jpg20210701_155818 (resized).jpg
    #339 2 years ago

looks nice and warm there today ! lol

#340 2 years ago
    Quoted from luch:

looks nice and warm there today ! lol

Ha! That was Dr. Ru back in the summer: you know, when my game was scheduled to arrive.

#341 2 years ago
    Quoted from JStoltz:

Edit: Ah, nevermind.. just googled and found some pretty quickly. I wasn't expecting them to ever come back in stock since they've been out for so long.
    https://www.marcospecialties.com/pinball-parts/502-7028-00

Just looked up the price. Unless you want to stay with the stock finish, I'd source it elsewhere.

#342 2 years ago
    Quoted from gorditas:

Just looked up the price. Unless you want to stay with the stock finish, I'd source it elsewhere.

Yeah, they’re a pass for me either way right now.

I’m becoming increasingly more “put the money towards the next machine” and less “put the money into trim” these days, but I would like to get some of those rails at some point.

#343 2 years ago

So it sounds like Stern finished up the last run of StrTh the past week and a half or so. Did anything else get run? I assume next week will start RUSH time, and assuming that they do just the LE’s and Pro’s first then we’re probably looking at 3-4 weeks of just that machine? Anyone heard what might be back on the line after the initial RUSH rush?

#344 2 years ago
    Quoted from MasterBlaster:

So it sounds like Stern finished up the last run of StrTh the past week and a half or so. Did anything else get run? I assume next week will start RUSH time, and assuming that they do just the LE’s and Pro’s first then we’re probably looking at 3-4 weeks of just that machine? Anyone heard what might be back on the line after the initial RUSH rush?

Rush premium

#345 2 years ago

They literally are playing it day to day in terms of what games are made based on parts availability which they themselves can’t predict. Imagine having to turn a production line of people over this often. It is quite the feat!

#346 2 years ago
    Quoted from MasterBlaster:

I think it was Batman, Elvira 40 and Stranger Things this month.

#347 2 years ago

I’m hearing Mando Premium may be pushed back to February now instead of December

#348 2 years ago

My Elvira 40th shipped. Someone on Facebook received his so all Elvira’s 40th are done since license is expired now.

#349 2 years ago

I think this is the latest. Anyone have other info?

Jan 2022 - Rush Pro & LE
    Feb 2022 - Rush Premium
    Feb 2022 - Mando Pro & Premium
    Mar 2022 - Godzilla Pro & Premium
    Mar 2022 - AIQ Pro & Premium
    Apr 2022 - Rush Pro & Premium
    Apr 2022 - JP Pro & Premium
    July 2022 - Deadpool Pro & Premium
    Dec 2002 - Elvira

#350 2 years ago

Seems to lineup with what I heard on Zilla and deadpool

There are 8,174 posts in this topic. You are on page 7 of 164.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/what-is-on-the-line-at-stern-pinball-delays/page/7?hl=xdetroit and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.