Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 8,159 posts
  • 858 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 16 hours ago by Wildbill327
  • Topic is favorited by 532 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

glasses.gif
    nedry.gif
    snaps.gif
    Screenshot_20240318_201633_Chrome (resized).jpg
    IMG_8074 (resized).jpeg
    download (resized).jpeg
    7136153e-4781-4514-8f75-26077beb0e35-1655665323130 (resized).jpg
    designer-delays (resized).png
    image000000 (resized).jpeg
    IMG_1455.gif
    Skinner (resized).png
    26CDA9FF-5625-4BC0-AECC-1FF8C139FBFB (resized).jpeg
    pasted_image (resized).png
    IMG_5780 (resized).png
    bobbymcgeestub.png
    JT.gif
    There are 8,159 posts in this topic. You are on page 79 of 164.
    #3901 1 year ago

Factory Friday tomorrow, can’t wait to see those gotg! Maybe make a few gotg toppers while you are at it!!

#3902 1 year ago
    Quoted from mstang01:

Not sure what their rules are for NIB games that they have left over or take in trade but it sounds like Stern just tightened up the dealer pricing to make it so msrp is THE price. The last pinball show podcast (episode 113) talked about it a bit.

yeah. I guess only premiums have "wiggle room" now. But at $2700 over a pro, there would have to be a LOT of wiggle room for me to consider premium anymore. I doubt I would have gone GZ prem had the price spread been like that, and I can't think of another game where premium is so dominant

#3903 1 year ago
    Quoted from givemesnacks:

If any aren't bought up (I'd expect they would be), I would think they would go up in price, at least on their websites. Stern probably has agreements with them at what their minimum (public) price can be.

One would think if dealers had cheaper games than sterns newer games, that might hurt some sales of those newer games. I wouldn’t put it past stern to do something like that…..

#3904 1 year ago

Can anyone tell me how many Pins does Stern make during a production run? Not the entire life of the game run.
    Thanks!

#3905 1 year ago
    Quoted from Grimstead:

Can anyone tell me how many Pins does Stern make during a production run? Not the entire life of the game run.
    Thanks!

No fixed number but generally not less than 100. Depends on line, parts, confirmed distrib orders.

#3906 1 year ago

Can't wait to see those GOTGs on the line tomorrow as well! Have people been advised by their distributors about when they will be shipping?

#3907 1 year ago
    Quoted from king_pin:

Can't wait to see those GOTGs on the line tomorrow as well! Have people been advised by their distributors about when they will be shipping?

I was told mine is shipping “next week”

#3908 1 year ago

Just got my GZ Prem invoice

Quoted from djsolzs:

I was 11/26 and she said Im a go - no invoice yet though

#3909 1 year ago

I am sure I will not make this run for GZ Premium. Sometime in 2023

#3910 1 year ago

Will this be two fridays in a row with out a factory Friday post by stern???

#3911 1 year ago

Just received invoice from CoinTaker for a GZ Prem ordered Nov 12 2021 ($1 deposit). Invoice says game will ship late Oct, and was the 2022 price.

Received a shipping notification today (though no tracking number in the email, so not sure if it's originating in Chicago or PA), so to me that suggests one of the lines has GZ Prems on it this week.

#3912 1 year ago

My invoice did not include a ship date - where on the invoice was that noted?

Received a shipping notification today (though no tracking number in the email, so not sure if it's originating in Chicago or PA), so to me that suggests one of the lines has GZ Prems on it this week.

#3913 1 year ago
    Quoted from djsolzs:

My invoice did not include a ship date - where on the invoice was that noted?

This was a new email titled "CoinTaker Shipment Notification"

#3914 1 year ago

I got this notification but it was for the $1 deposit. Received same time as I got the invoice.

This was a new email titled "CoinTaker Shipment Notification"

pasted_image (resized).pngpasted_image (resized).png
    #3915 1 year ago

Gotg officially on the line one last time! Factory Friday!

#3916 1 year ago
    Quoted from djsolzs:

I got this notification but it was for the $1 deposit. Received same time as I got the invoice.
    [quoted image]

Definitely a different experience, my emails have been spaced days apart. Looking back at my last machine, I paid the full amount then next day received a similar CoinTaker Shipment Notification email listing only my deposit amount ($1000), and later that day got a text/email from FedEx Freight to schedule delivery. Will keep this thread posted!

#3917 1 year ago

Is it only cointaker getting allotment?

#3918 1 year ago
    Quoted from seenev:

Is it only cointaker getting allotment?

Lol it does feel that way I'm hoping Zach sends me a text but he usually only has me pay days before shipping not a month or more out like these seem to be.

#3919 1 year ago
    Quoted from SR230CC:

I am sure I will not make this run for GZ Premium. Sometime in 2023

When did you order? I ordered in April, hoping for this calendar year.

#3920 1 year ago

Got the text and delivery set for Tuesday - the long wait is over!

Definitely a different experience, my emails have been spaced days apart. Looking back at my last machine, I paid the full amount then next day received a similar CoinTaker Shipment Notification email listing only my deposit amount ($1000), and later that day got a text/email from FedEx Freight to schedule delivery. Will keep this thread posted!

#3921 1 year ago

I also got text for Godzilla Premium delivery on Tuesday. They are being shipped.

#3922 1 year ago

I know i made a lot of godzilla customers happy last night with emails from me, sent invoice to pay last night, and a couple of them shipped out today that did wire transfers. Monday should be many more going out. I prefer to send invoice when they are ready to ship, not when they are about ready to ship. Tonight i get to send emails to my GOTG customers as a batch of those are on the truck and ready to go. Just making dreams come true, lol

#3923 1 year ago

By the time my turn comes up for GZ Prem, I'll have moved on! Such is the pinball world, these days...3 deposits, varying from 7-10 months old.

#3924 1 year ago
    Quoted from Fsdre:

Great news. I saw a lot of orbs sitting on that shelf! I wonder how many they made for the final run.

#3925 1 year ago
    Quoted from Capn12:

By the time my turn comes up for GZ Prem, I'll have moved on! Such is the pinball world, these days...3 deposits, varying from 7-10 months old.

7-10 months is young compared to my deposit for a JP Premium that is 14 months old . Now I get to pay the difference in price increases between Summer 2021 and Spring 2023? Meh, time to move on from that game.

#3926 1 year ago
    Quoted from superNoid:

When did you order? I ordered in April, hoping for this calendar year.

I ordered from CT on 12/20/21...Looks like November people are getting theirs, I hope I am close...

#3927 1 year ago
    Quoted from midcoastsurf:

7-10 months is young compared to my deposit for a JP Premium that is 14 months old . Now I get to pay the difference in price increases between Summer 2021 and Spring 2023? Meh, time to move on from that game.

Yep, its those increases that drive me batty. And one of my deposits is EHOH, which is probably going to have the worst increases of them all.

#3928 1 year ago

Guardians on the line this week. Bring on October already.

Oct 2022 - Led Zeppelin Premium
    Oct 2022 - Godzilla Premium
    Oct 2022 - TMNT Pro & Premium (final run)
    Nov 2022 - Bond Pro (for locations only)
    Nov 2022 - Star Wars Home Edition (original & comic art)
    Nov 2022 - Jurassic Park Home Edition
    Nov 2022 - Bond LE
    Dec 2022 - Bond Premium
    Dec 2022 - Bond 60th
    ??? 2023 - Elvira Premium
    Apr 2023 - Bond Pro & Premium (for non-location buyers)

#3929 1 year ago

Reading how long everyone has been waiting makes me realize that I'm never getting GZ. Oh well. Maybe I'll get lucky on the secondary market if the economy keeps going the way it is.

#3930 1 year ago

I need my RUSH Topper!

#3931 1 year ago
    Quoted from Fsdre:

Yes! Amazing news So happy about this.

#3932 1 year ago

How many pins does Stern typically build on a day-to-day basis?

#3933 1 year ago
    Quoted from djsolzs:

Got the text and delivery set for Tuesday - the long wait is over!

As did I! Looks like it shipped from PA.

#3934 1 year ago

With YYZ

Quoted from John-Floyd:

I need my RUSH Topper!

#3935 1 year ago
    Quoted from Clintonian:

How many pins does Stern typically build on a day-to-day basis?

They ship/can ship about 150 a day so probably 50+

#3936 1 year ago
    Quoted from John-Floyd:

I need my RUSH Topper!

Ive given on that. A year has past and still no Godzilla

#3937 1 year ago
    Quoted from seenev:

Reading how long everyone has been waiting makes me realize that I'm never getting GZ. Oh well. Maybe I'll get lucky on the secondary market if the economy keeps going the way it is.

I’ve seen plenty of GZ premiums listed for 10,500 or less recently. Factor in the price increase and shipping costs and you’re pretty much there.

#3938 1 year ago
    Quoted from mbl1116:

I’ve seen plenty of GZ premiums listed for 10,500 or less recently. Factor in the price increase and shipping costs and you’re pretty much there.

Secondary = no tax (-500-700), no 2023 price increase (-700)...10-10.5k to have one broken in a bit right now sounds pretty good, eh?

#3939 1 year ago
    Quoted from Ollulanus:

Secondary = no tax (-500-700), no 2023 price increase (-700)...10-10.5k to have one broken in a bit right now sounds pretty good, eh?

You misread my post. We’re probably making the same point

#3940 1 year ago
    Quoted from mbl1116:

I ordered it from a distributor with free shipping to a state the doesn't collect tax... So $10,500 does not sound good to me. I heard a lot of business noise this week that makes me think the economy is heading for bad times, so maybe NIB isn't a great idea right now anyways. Those $10,500 premiums could be under $9,000 in six months.

#3941 1 year ago

Problem is distributors are estimating end of 2023 right now if you order GZ prem today. Bond won’t even ship until April 23 for non locations.

Demand is still high and supply low - I don’t see GZ going down that low just yet in next 6-12 months. I too thought about waiting but I’m already under 9k nib.

Quoted from seenev:

I ordered it from a distributor with free shipping to a state the doesn't collect tax... So $10,500 does not sound good to me. I heard a lot of business noise this week that makes me think the economy is heading for bad times, so maybe NIB isn't a great idea right now anyways. Those $10,500 premiums could be under $9,000 in six months.

#3942 1 year ago

Estimated availability based on pinball pro blast email.
    Screenshot_20221003-175505_Gmail (resized).jpgScreenshot_20221003-175505_Gmail (resized).jpg

#3943 1 year ago
    Quoted from SantaEatsCheese:

EstimTed availability based on pinball pro blast email.[quoted image]

Wow they’re really trying to unload those mandos. Did stern just over estimate the market on those and make way to many?

#3944 1 year ago
    Quoted from JCrusher:

Wow they’re really trying to unload those mandos. Did stern just over estimate the market on those and make way to many?

So the only way to get the most desirable games is to buy a bundle with an undesirable game? These distros have no shame.

#3945 1 year ago
    Quoted from JCrusher:

The fastest way to move the Mandos out of the channel is to revisit the code and make it better. It's just dull the way it is. The market knows and that's why they're languishing at dists.

#3946 1 year ago

Mando will be the next sleeper pin. When the show gets an extra season and the topper finally drops it will shoot up in price. JMHO.

#3947 1 year ago
    Quoted from seenev:

So the only way to get the most desirable games is to buy a bundle with an undesirable game? These distros have no shame.

It's done with Stern accessories too.....

#3948 1 year ago
    Quoted from hiker2099:

Mando will be the next sleeper pin. When the show gets an extra season and the topper finally drops it will shoot up in price. JMHO.

There is some room for code improvements and maybe some balancing on Mando. The last code update did fix one of my big gripes with the game, where certain modes would turn off all the GI and inserts with a ball in play. Nothing is as annoying as getting a cheep drain because you are playing blind.

I think in all honesty the game's popularity suffers because it's tougher shooting, like TMNT, so it won't garner as many fans as Godzilla which has a lot of easy shots and super long ball times. Your ability to drop catch, live catch, and loop pass has to be decent or you struggle. It's not set up to post pass effectively which makes setting up shots challenging, and it's tough if your aim is poor. The right side of the playfield has some tight shots.

Once everyone crowned Godzilla the greatest game of all time, it really killed demand for some otherwise good games.

#3949 1 year ago
    Quoted from bigguybbr:

There is some room for code improvements and maybe some balancing on Mando. The last code update did fix one of my big gripes with the game, where certain modes would turn off all the GI and inserts with a ball in play. Nothing is as annoying as getting a cheep drain because you are playing blind.
    I think in all honesty the game's popularity suffers because it's tougher shooting, like TMNT, so it won't garner as many fans as Godzilla which has a lot of easy shots and super long ball times. Your ability to drop catch, live catch, and loop pass has to be decent or you struggle. It's not set up to post pass effectively which makes setting up shots challenging, and it's tough if your aim is poor. The right side of the playfield has some tight shots.
    Once everyone crowned Godzilla the greatest game of all time, it really killed demand for some otherwise good games.

I traded GZ Premium for Rush Prem. GZ is overhyped by the community at large JMHO. I never even knew who Rush was but it is a real shooter and integration is top notch. I am now a Rush fan.

Now if only Borg would put Elwin in check with a King Kong pin.

#3950 1 year ago
    Quoted from hiker2099:

I traded GZ Premium for Rush Prem. GZ is overhyped by the community at large JMHO. I never even knew who Rush was but it is a real shooter and integration is top notch. I am now a Rush fan.
    Now if only Borg would put Elwin in check with a King Kong pin.

Hope you got plenty of cash back in that trade.

There are 8,159 posts in this topic. You are on page 79 of 164.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/what-is-on-the-line-at-stern-pinball-delays/page/79 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.