Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 8,174 posts
  • 859 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 21 hours ago by bwalter
  • Topic is favorited by 532 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

glasses.gif
    nedry.gif
    snaps.gif
    Screenshot_20240318_201633_Chrome (resized).jpg
    IMG_8074 (resized).jpeg
    download (resized).jpeg
    7136153e-4781-4514-8f75-26077beb0e35-1655665323130 (resized).jpg
    designer-delays (resized).png
    image000000 (resized).jpeg
    IMG_1455.gif
    Skinner (resized).png
    26CDA9FF-5625-4BC0-AECC-1FF8C139FBFB (resized).jpeg
    pasted_image (resized).png
    IMG_5780 (resized).png
    bobbymcgeestub.png
    JT.gif
    There are 8,174 posts in this topic. You are on page 6 of 164.
    #251 2 years ago
    Quoted from thekaiser82:

I believe they all did. Mine does. There is a C at the end of the serial number on the box now to indicate connected.

Pretty sure all the BM66s were Insider Connected.

411CD8CB-C989-4876-A81C-7D6BB60B8BA6 (resized).jpeg411CD8CB-C989-4876-A81C-7D6BB60B8BA6 (resized).jpeg

#252 2 years ago
    Quoted from beltking:

Was told Elvira 40th should be done tomorrow.

People forget that Stern can run off a small batch of games like that in one day.

#253 2 years ago

I just called to check on any news, and my distributor just told me that Stranger Things Pros are "on the line right now". In their words: "someone at Stern actually just told me that this morning" - so hopefully shipping soon!

#254 2 years ago

Reading this thread is fn killing me there is so much information about whats on the line, whats supposed to be on the line, someone was told this, someone was told that. A podcast said certain pins will be on the line, then a week later says something different. I'm waiting on a Mando Premium (first and only NIB) and fuck if I haven't read, and been told 20 different things about when to expect it. Sorry for the rant, first world problems I know.

#255 2 years ago
    Quoted from smoothbore19:

Reading this thread is fn killing me there is so much information about whats on the line, whats supposed to be on the line, someone was told this, someone was told that. A podcast said certain pins will be on the line, then a week later says something different. I'm waiting on a Mando Premium (first and only NIB) and fuck if I haven't read, and been told 20 different things about when to expect it. Sorry for the rant, first world problems I know.

Stern definitely does not seem to make it a priority to give consistent, accurate, and timely info to their distributors. Mine was told that Mando premiums were being built this week and next and requested final payment for it on the 8th. If that turns out not to be true, and it might not be given conflicting info here, then I'm looking at them holding onto my money for some indefinite period plus the price increase.

They post all the time on social media about code releases and events, but almost never about production. Is it a friggin' national secret what games they are currently building and what they plan on building next?

#256 2 years ago
    Quoted from jdroc:

I just called to check on any news, and my distributor just told me that Stranger Things Pros are "on the line right now".

Distributor here just said “they are supposed to start building them next week”….i dont think anyone really knows.

#257 2 years ago
    Quoted from Sinistarrett:

Distributor here just said “they are supposed to start building them next week”….i dont think anyone really knows.

I just got my tracking number for my Stranger Things, so I'm guessing they've been on the line this week.

#258 2 years ago

C'mon Zilla premium

roulette.gifroulette.gif
    #259 2 years ago
    Quoted from WeirPinball:

C'mon Zilla premium
    [quoted image]

I think your odds are better with roulette.

#260 2 years ago
    Quoted from RC_like_the_cola:

I just got my tracking number for my Stranger Things, so I'm guessing they've been on the line this week.

Excellent thats some good solid news!

#261 2 years ago

Was really hoping to see that may day 1 mando premium made it on the line before the end of year. Paid in full in july!

#262 2 years ago

What is this price increase that everyone keeps mentioning?

#263 2 years ago
    Quoted from PinballTilt:

What is this price increase that everyone keeps mentioning?

I’m not sure if it’s a blanket increase across all games/models, but as far as I understand it, if your machine ships after 12/31/2021, it gets Stern’s 2022 price increase. As that applies to STh Pro, it’s a $500 increase.

#264 2 years ago

Does anyone know when they'll be running more Godzilla Pros? I only see dates for the premiums. Thanks

#265 2 years ago

I can feel the frustration from I was talking with one distributor, I asked him if I could get on a list for any future LE. He said yes but that I won't get the game because his list is too long and he told me he sold several Godzilla LE and the buyers turned around and flipped them for +$4000.

I am not sure if this is 100% accurate but it does go to the heart of this market where distributors are being trampled underfoot to a certain extent. I had the opportunity to have bought two of one game because I had ordered twice (not sure if the pin was going to be there from one dealer). I could have bought both and turned around to flip the extra. I didn't do it, I let the dealer have the extra unit to sell. I had mixed feelings, I could have took possession and sold for +$1xxx but then felt like I would have been taking advantage of a Pinsider by making a profit. It would not have made any sense whatsoever for me to have sold one at no gain. I mean the trouble on my end of waiting twice for delivery and pickup as well as the slight risk of scammer (reverse funds or whatever the case may be). It is not any benefit to me to take on the trouble of that unless it was for a profit. So I let the dealer take the pin and sell it (hopefully at the same price not mark-up). I feel if that was the case someone would get the pin at a fair price and be as happy as I am to be getting mine.

I got a JP premium 6 months back for $7600, not saying that is cheap but looking now it's just a screaming deal when no one can get anything at the moment.

#266 2 years ago
    Quoted from rai:

I can feel the frustration from I was talking with one distributor, I asked him if I could get on a list for any future LE. He said yes but that I won't get the game because his list is too long and he told me he sold several Godzilla LE and the buyers turned around and flipped them for +$4000.

If the distros know who the flippers are, they could just stop selling every LE to them. I'll bet that never happens, though.

#267 2 years ago
    Quoted from Betelgeuse:

If the distros know who the flippers are, they could just stop selling every LE to them. I'll bet that never happens, though.

From the distros point of view a sale is a sale

#268 2 years ago

My Stranger Things pro is supposed to arrive today.

#269 2 years ago
    Quoted from bigguybbr:

He did say that, he said when he sells it the buyer has the right to do what he wants, but I do think they feel sorry to sell LEs at lower than market price. Godzilla could sell for $12K all day long but the distributor sold for $10K, he did make a profit but he did not make as much profit as was possible.

It's human nature to wonder that you are not making as much money as you could be. I make good money at my job but if I found someone doing the same job and getting paid double you better believe I would not be happy.

#270 2 years ago
    Quoted from bigguybbr:

Exactly. I also can't see how a distro would benefit by keeping pinball pricing in check. I see a lot of stories about distros and manufacturers complaining about flippers and 2nd hand prices, but it seems like it would actually be good for business across the board.

#271 2 years ago
    Quoted from Betelgeuse:

Or still sell to them, but at a higher price than non flippers.

#272 2 years ago
    Quoted from MLarkin78:

When you get it, check in here or in the Insider Connected thread to let us know if it has the QR reader installed. I assume it will but curious since I've got a STh pro coming (hopefully) next week

#273 2 years ago

Yeah I could have had two Godzilla le pins but only took the one. Shit now that they are going for $5k profit.

#274 2 years ago

Flipping pros/premiums is one thing, but I got to say the guys flipping LEs have some balls - if you get stuck with a dud, you are screwed since you have to lay down before really knowing much about the game.

#275 2 years ago
    Quoted from MasterBlaster:

Per Zmeny on TPS podcast, on the line at Stern through the end of ‘21:
    EHOH 40th
    StrTh pro
    Beatles
    DP premium

So you're tellin me there's a chance.......

#276 2 years ago

Do we know what the limiting factor for Stern and manufacturing is these days? Is it labor, cabinets, parts, chips? The other manufacturers don't seem to have the same problem.

#277 2 years ago
    Quoted from JackG:

These are the dates that I've seen posted here for easier reference. If anyone has better knowledge, let us know. I'm waiting on 3 in this list that keep getting pushed.
    BM 66 - December 2021
    Stranger Things Pro - December 2021
    Elvira 40th - December 2021
    Iron Man Vault - December 2021
    Mando Premium - December 2021
    Godzilla Premium - March 2022
    JP Premium - December 2022
    Mando Premium - June 2022
    Deadpool Pro - July 2022
    Deadpool Premium - August 2022
    Elvira Premium - December 2022

Quoted from JackG:

So this is what we know from Stern's production line at this time. Does anyone else have any dates?
    BM 66 - December 2021
    Stranger Things Pro - December 2021 (Thanks RC)
    Godzilla Premium - March 2022
    Mando Premium - June 2022
    Deadpool Pro - July 2022
    Elvira Premium - December 2022

This is what I am talking about. Its just crazy that a company that sells a product that cost this much cant be way more open about what they currently have on their line, and a time frame of delivery. Regardless of supply chain issues. It called customer service people. Not bashing just ranting. V/R

#278 2 years ago
    Quoted from SantaEatsCheese:

Do we know what the limiting factor for Stern and manufacturing is these days? Is it labor, cabinets, parts, chips? The other manufacturers don't seem to have the same problem.

They are. Spooky has had to wait for boards for UM/HWN, and it doesn't seem like JJP or American are exactly cranking games out. Chips/boards and connectors are among the items delaying production.

#279 2 years ago

Really? How many people have their Fathoms? CGC, JJP, Spooky, American all have delays from what I hear.

#280 2 years ago

They all have the same problem, and of course, none of the other manufacturers have the same amount of models and orders in the pipeline so it's a tough comparison at any rate.

#281 2 years ago

Just got my.

7E81530B-E4F2-4866-988A-515DCBC158AD (resized).jpeg7E81530B-E4F2-4866-988A-515DCBC158AD (resized).jpeg7352D993-956A-442E-B3C5-37DC08616876 (resized).jpeg7352D993-956A-442E-B3C5-37DC08616876 (resized).jpeg45CB0DD3-F179-49DA-BD45-97A9268FBFD6 (resized).jpeg45CB0DD3-F179-49DA-BD45-97A9268FBFD6 (resized).jpeg

#282 2 years ago

Anyone desperate for a Godzilla? Calling around to try to find an overpriced Premium, I found a distro selling an LE for 16k ouch!

#283 2 years ago
    Quoted from Pinash:

Anyone desperate for a Godzilla? Calling around to try to find an overpriced Premium, I found a distro selling an LE for 16k ouch!

What’s wrong with just waiting for a premium at the MSRP of $8999? It’ll be 7 months before I get my premium. Im just enjoying the games I have until I get it.

The only way these distributors are going to learn is if we stop over-paying for machines.

#284 2 years ago
    Quoted from CashMoney:

What’s wrong with just waiting for a premium at the MSRP of $8999? It’ll be 7 months before I get my premium. Im just enjoying the games I have until I get it.
    The only way these distributors are going to learn is if we stop over-paying for machines.

good luck getting one at msrp - as the shortages continue this will get worse.
    and what are the distros doing wrong? They are just trying to make some bucks like everyone else. Just the state of the world right now.

#285 2 years ago
    Quoted from rai:

Just got my.
    [quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

Man that game looks great. I need to find one on the market at some point.

#286 2 years ago
    Quoted from WeirPinball:

good luck getting one at msrp - as the shortages continue this will get worse.
    and what are the distros doing wrong? They are just trying to make some bucks like everyone else. Just the state of the world right now.

Lol I know several distributors that will sell you a GZ at MSRP, you just have to be willing to wait.

No problem with distributors selling over MSRP, I just feel bad for the newbies/impatient people paying those prices. There’s just no way a premium will sell for $11k once it’s opened up and played…but for whatever reason there’s people out there paying those prices. I guess they’ll learn their lesson when they go sell for the next new stern.

#287 2 years ago
    Quoted from CashMoney:

There’s just no way a premium will sell for $11k once it’s opened up and played…

Who knows, JP and EHOH are getting close to this right now. Crazy if you ask me

#288 2 years ago
    Quoted from mbrave77:

Man that game looks great. I need to find one on the market at some point.

It’s fun!

Harder than I expected, watching Jack Danger score Billions like it was nothing to it. It’s really good so far.

#289 2 years ago
    Quoted from MLarkin78:

Woo Hoo! Congrats!
    Sounds like the good people on the production line have really been cranking it up, for the past couple of weeks. Hopefully that means the parts bottleneck has let up a little bit (for now).
    Stern! Let’s goooooo!

#290 2 years ago
    Quoted from rai:

It’s fun!
    Harder than I expected, watching Jack Danger score Billions like it was nothing to it. It’s really good so far.

One thing to realize when watching Jack and people like Karl D. They are Fing incredible at pinball! Us mere mortals dont have those types of skills. Also Jack does a really amazing job explaining rules. He knows them in and out in a way I dont spend the time to understand.

Usually his best games involve a death save or two as well. Im not great at doing that and I blame my thick carpet for my lack of death saving skills.

#291 2 years ago

I talked to a distro who self proclaimed themselves as "Stern's largest". He said that they are paying extra to ensure they are on top of Stern's order lists. Any validity for this, or is he just blowing smoke?

#292 2 years ago
    Quoted from Pinash:

I talked to a distro who self proclaimed themselves as "Stern's largest". He said that they are paying extra to ensure they are on top of Stern's order lists. Any validity for this, or is he just blowing smoke?

0*TgZkMYFmunxKSFgR (resized).png0*TgZkMYFmunxKSFgR (resized).png

unnamed (resized).jpgunnamed (resized).jpg

#293 2 years ago
    Quoted from Pinash:

Well, Stern is located in Chicago. The world capital for corruption.

#294 2 years ago
    Quoted from Pinash:

First question is Which distro is making the claim of being the largest? This may or may not help you confirm if he's blowing smoke.

#295 2 years ago

Pretty sure the largest dealer is Betson.

#296 2 years ago
    Quoted from jfh:

Pretty sure the largest dealer is Betson.

Betson only does preorders now.

#297 2 years ago

I thought Automated in CT was the largest.

#298 2 years ago

Anyone received a LZ topper lately? Just checking if they are still being produced. Have a full payment down for one. Thanks.

#299 2 years ago
    Quoted from mbrave77:

One thing to realize when watching Jack and people like Karl D. They are Fing incredible at pinball! Us mere mortals dont have those types of skills. Also Jack does a really amazing job explaining rules. He knows them in and out in a way I dont spend the time to understand.
    Usually his best games involve a death save or two as well. Im not great at doing that and I blame my thick carpet for my lack of death saving skills.

Is it hard to talk with your mouth full of Jack’s D?

#300 2 years ago
    Quoted from pinballjah:

Anyone received a LZ topper lately? Just checking if they are still being produced. Have a full payment down for one. Thanks.

Heard next year on those.

There are 8,174 posts in this topic. You are on page 6 of 164.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/what-is-on-the-line-at-stern-pinball-delays/page/6?hl=mlarkin78 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.