Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 8,159 posts
  • 858 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 17 hours ago by Wildbill327
  • Topic is favorited by 532 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

glasses.gif
    nedry.gif
    snaps.gif
    Screenshot_20240318_201633_Chrome (resized).jpg
    IMG_8074 (resized).jpeg
    download (resized).jpeg
    7136153e-4781-4514-8f75-26077beb0e35-1655665323130 (resized).jpg
    designer-delays (resized).png
    image000000 (resized).jpeg
    IMG_1455.gif
    Skinner (resized).png
    26CDA9FF-5625-4BC0-AECC-1FF8C139FBFB (resized).jpeg
    pasted_image (resized).png
    IMG_5780 (resized).png
    bobbymcgeestub.png
    JT.gif
    There are 8,159 posts in this topic. You are on page 62 of 164.
    #3051 1 year ago

Does anyone know if Godzilla is still on track for July?

#3052 1 year ago
    Quoted from amhpensfan:

Does anyone know if Godzilla is still on track for July?

Yes, last update from the pinball podcast and Zach meny said it was still slated for a July run and my distro also has told me of the July run

#3053 1 year ago
    Quoted from shanksfornothin:

Yes, last update from the pinball podcast and Zach meny said it was still slated for a July run and my distro also has told me of the July run

Hope so! That’s the run my GZ Prem is supposed to be in!

#3054 1 year ago

July is the last run identified for the year correct?

#3055 1 year ago
    Quoted from djsolzs:

July is the last run identified for the year correct?

So far yes but I don’t think the 3rd quarter details of production have not been released yet, or at least not to the public

#3056 1 year ago

I ordered a JP Pro from Cointaker in February. When I ordered I was told they already knew their allocation and I was for sure in the next run (was originally April and moved to July.) I called Melissa yesterday to confirm since I had heard that their allocation of premiums on the last run was way off from what they were expecting and I was worried Pro might be the same. She said they had recently confirmed their JP Pro allocation with Stern, they July run is indeed happening, I was for sure in it, and they were getting even MORE than they thought. Soooo, fingers crossed.

#3057 1 year ago

Just got word that my GZ premium IS HERE! Finally! I ordered from Joystix in Houston 12/9/21. My hype is so real right now. Not sure if this was from the may run with late delivery or if this is early July run coming out…I’ll be sure to post the build date when I get it delivered in a few days

#3058 1 year ago
    Quoted from Andy777:

I ordered a JP Pro from Cointaker in February. When I ordered I was told they already knew their allocation and I was for sure in the next run (was originally April and moved to July.) I called Melissa yesterday to confirm since I had heard that their allocation of premiums on the last run was way off from what they were expecting and I was worried Pro might be the same. She said they had recently confirmed their JP Pro allocation with Stern, they July run is indeed happening, I was for sure in it, and they were getting even MORE than they thought. Soooo, fingers crossed.

Did she give you an idea of when they were starting production of the pros?

#3059 1 year ago
    Quoted from boommerknight:

Did she give you an idea of when they were starting production of the pros?

She didn’t, just said it would be July as scheduled. I should have asked about premiums too but I was a man on a mission with singular focus.

#3060 1 year ago

Just got my Godzilla premium today. June 18 build date.

#3061 1 year ago
    Quoted from bsrhardy:

That's at least two in Ashburn!

#3062 1 year ago

When is DP going to be finished?

#3063 1 year ago
    Quoted from bsrhardy:

Wow - I thought they were building in July

#3064 1 year ago

Does anyone know if stranger things is going to get another run?

#3065 1 year ago
    Quoted from Deadpool66:

Does anyone know if stranger things is going to get another run?

It is not

#3066 1 year ago

Well that sucks

#3067 1 year ago
    Quoted from kool1:

Wow - I thought they were building in July

With as many orders as they have I suspect they'll be making them whenever they have parts

#3068 1 year ago

Stern would have to renew the license which isn't out of the realm of possibilities.

They would sell a ton just from pent up demand and even more now with season 4 being a big hit. I'm sure Stern employees are reading this right now and are probably thinking the same thing.

#3069 1 year ago
    Quoted from CashMoney:

Stern would have to renew the license which isn't out of the realm of possibilities.
    They would sell a ton just from pent up demand and even more now with season 4 being a big hit. I'm sure Stern employees are reading this right now and are probably thinking the same thing.

Yup...... but what a weird vault right?

Canceled.....[one year passes]..... here's a vault of it.

HA!!

Nothing has ever gone into the archive and then come back from the archive right?

#3070 1 year ago

Agreed! Make more STh Premiums.

#3071 1 year ago

I know 0 about how licensing works, Stern could have chosen not to renew the Stranger Things license, I assume for game like JP and DP that have been running for 3+ years that they renew the license due to popularity. The Duffer Brothers, the guys who created stanger things, were excited to work on the pinball and combined with Season 4 coming out this year that they would have been more than willing to let stern renew if interested.

We were recently talking about this in the Stranger Things Owners Thread. It's probably combination of lack of popularity on release, releasing right before Covid happened and from my understanding, the premiums are tough to build/finnicky with the projector and telekinesis ball lock, maybe also parts shortages.

The last run I am aware of was in December 2021 (that's the run my pro is from), and unless I am mistaken, in that December 2021 Run they only built pros and not premiums.

Led Zeppelin has made a last call and the august run will be it, that is even shorter, while I like that game I know many don't so stern could have chose not to renew that for lack of popularity, plus my understanding is that LZ is not easy to work with for licensing.

#3072 1 year ago

Duplicate

#3073 1 year ago

Please Let there be a nice run of Zilla Prem this month!!!

#3074 1 year ago
    Quoted from PinStalker:

Yup...... but what a weird vault right?
    Canceled.....[one year passes]..... here's a vault of it.
    HA!!
    Nothing has ever gone into the archive and then come back from the archive right?

Stern on Facebook hinted at the possibility of a future run of Stranger Things.

#3075 1 year ago
    Quoted from crujones4life:

I’d be down for a Prem if they did.

#3076 1 year ago
    Quoted from crujones4life:

When did they do that?

#3077 1 year ago

On their post about Stranger Things being back on Friday. It was yesterday, lots of comments just saying "You never know" from Stern.

#3078 1 year ago
    Quoted from Capn12:

On their post about Stranger Things being back on Friday. It was yesterday, lots of comments just saying "You never know" from Stern.

Makes little sense to have “retired” it and told all the distributors when they simply could have just waited and said nothing…having already skipped a cornerstone to fill backlog, why add another run like this

Maybe they do some super limited edition money grab to line up with the final season whenever that drops next year or the year after

#3079 1 year ago

Just got my invoice for Rush pro. Apparently drop shipping from Stern. Ordered May 6. So not too bad of a wait.

#3080 1 year ago

So I guess they did make the premiums first this time around and now they’re making pro’s

#3081 1 year ago

So I guess they did make the premiums first this time around and now they’re making pro’s

Pro->LE->Premium->Pro

#3082 1 year ago
    Quoted from PinMonk:

Pro->LE->Premium->Pro

I’m just saying After the initial runs subsequent runs of pro/premium games, that they’ve been running the pro first.

#3083 1 year ago

Just saw DP premium for sale on Amazon only 2 left.

Have AIQ and Mando also at Stern store on Amazon.

#3084 1 year ago

Anyone know how long star wars and dp will last for sale?

#3085 1 year ago
    Quoted from MrTilt:

Anyone know how long star wars and dp will last for sale?

Not sure on DP but I believe dealers got last call for the August run on SW.

#3086 1 year ago
    Quoted from rai:

Just saw DP premium for sale on Amazon only 2 left.
    Have AIQ and Mando also at Stern store on Amazon.

Stern sells direct on Amazon? Is that legit? I thought everything had to go through a distributor.

#3087 1 year ago
    Quoted from crunchysue:

Stern sells direct on Amazon? Is that legit? I thought everything had to go through a distributor.

It's real Cool Toy got an AIQ on there the other day with gift cards check out his you tube video! He has a link to the games on his video

#3088 1 year ago
    Quoted from crunchysue:

That's interesting, list price and free delivery. Hard to say if it's Stern or a dealer just using the stern logos.It may be Game room guys because it's also recommended
    Game Room Guys Pinball Playfield Wax Cleaner Polisher Protector
    $18.99
    Get it Jul 7 - 11 FREE Shipping

#3089 1 year ago
    Quoted from crunchysue:

It's legit. I bought a Mando from Amazon earlier this year, shipped direct from Stern. Since it's a Mando, I had problems almost immediately. I deal direct with Stern and they're honoring warrantee as they're the seller.

#3090 1 year ago
    Quoted from crunchysue:

Ships from and sold by Amazon.com. This is an interesting development. https://www.amazon.com/Pinball-Deadpool-Machine-Connected-Premium/dp/B0B34XYJGW

deadpool (resized).jpgdeadpool (resized).jpg
    #3091 1 year ago

They've sold previous pinballs before via Amazon. When I had my registry on Amazon and was offered 20% off it stacked with what Stern was selling at the time (which sadly I didn't have room for). Also, those with prime cards get 5%.

#3092 1 year ago
    Quoted from GoodOmens:

They've sold previous pinballs before via Amazon. When I had my registry on Amazon and was offered 20% off it stacked with what Stern was selling at the time (which sadly I didn't have room for). Also, those with prime cards get 5%.

Sales tax makes it not as attractive.

#3093 1 year ago
    Quoted from NEW-B:

5% off with amazon visa, or free financing over 18 months. Amazon return policy. Probably pretty quick shipping. Not terrible but I guess there's going to only be pins that are also at stock at dealers for free ship / no tax

#3094 1 year ago

Just ordered a Deadpool off amazon. I remember back in early 2020 (i think) Amazon carried Stranger Things Premium and a version of Star Wars. I thought they were too expensive at the time.

Hopefully delivery will be problem-free. Not sure this would be returnable via Kohls walk-in.

#3095 1 year ago
    Quoted from Blknblumark:

Just ordered a Deadpool off amazon. I remember back in early 2020 (i think) Amazon carried Stranger Things Premium and a version of Star Wars. I thought they were too expensive at the time.
    Hopefully delivery will be problem-free. Not sure this would be returnable via Kohls walk-in.

I bought my Munsters Pro from amazon a few years ago. As far as I could tell it was shipped direct from Stern via FedEx. The box arrived damaged though and I called amazon right away while the driver was here. There was a huge rip in the side of the box and a set of legs were dangling out of it. Amazon immediately shipped me another one and told me to unbox and enjoy this machine until the new one arrived. When the new machine was to show up all I had to do was show the delivery person where it was and they would pack and return it to Amazon.

Well, after a few days of having the machine and really looking it over I called them up and told them to just cancel the new one as it had not shipped yet and the machine has no damage. They cancelled the new order and refunded me $800 bucks for the trouble. In the end with the amazon card and the refund I think I ended up paying about 4700 for the game. Worked out in my favor

#3096 1 year ago
    Quoted from NEW-B:

Sales tax definitely a buzz kill..

Also, no distributor support

#3097 1 year ago
    Quoted from Blknblumark:

Great! I love my DP so much, got it last month but was on a waiting for 8 months. Not as easy to find at distributor anymore.

#3098 1 year ago
    Quoted from Blknblumark:

It'd sure make for a fun tiktok

#3099 1 year ago

So apparently we can bypass distributors now and simply order from Amazon...which apparently comes directly from the Stern factory? So is this the death blow to distributors?

#3100 1 year ago
    Quoted from gandamack:

So apparently we can bypass distributors now and simply order from Amazon...which apparently comes directly from the Stern factory? So is this the death blow to distributors?

Not hardly. For the games Stern lists (no Godzilla) I’ve never seen more than 6 available.

There are 8,159 posts in this topic. You are on page 62 of 164.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/what-is-on-the-line-at-stern-pinball-delays/page/62?hl=ksp1138 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.