Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 8,172 posts
  • 859 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 6 hours ago by EspoPinball
  • Topic is favorited by 532 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

glasses.gif
    nedry.gif
    snaps.gif
    Screenshot_20240318_201633_Chrome (resized).jpg
    IMG_8074 (resized).jpeg
    download (resized).jpeg
    7136153e-4781-4514-8f75-26077beb0e35-1655665323130 (resized).jpg
    designer-delays (resized).png
    image000000 (resized).jpeg
    IMG_1455.gif
    Skinner (resized).png
    26CDA9FF-5625-4BC0-AECC-1FF8C139FBFB (resized).jpeg
    pasted_image (resized).png
    IMG_5780 (resized).png
    bobbymcgeestub.png
    JT.gif
    There are 8,172 posts in this topic. You are on page 61 of 164.
    #3001 1 year ago
    Quoted from cbdarden:

I was the lucky winner of Project Pinball’s Premium raffle. I chose a Godzilla Premium and confirmed everything on 5/17/22. Now I’m really curious when it’ll ship. I’ll keep everyone posted!

images (3) (resized).jpegimages (3) (resized).jpeg
    #3002 1 year ago
    Quoted from Heatmiser:

Yeah, mine is locked in as I put down $1k already.

What happened in 20 to 21 is Stern canceled all the orders refunded the deposit and your guys have first rights to buy. Get ready for disappointment everyone

#3003 1 year ago

Yeah, I’d think 99% of the time you’re not going to get locked into a price if the distributors buy price goes up $1k as well

#3004 1 year ago
    Quoted from cbdarden:

I was the lucky winner of Project Pinball’s Premium raffle. I chose a Godzilla Premium and confirmed everything on 5/17/22. Now I’m really curious when it’ll ship. I’ll keep everyone posted!

Can you imagine if you don't get it until the next price hike, they make you pay the difference ...?

"Sorry, it was $8.9K when you won the contest, but it's now a $9.8K game so you owe us $900"

What a kick in the nuts that would be.

#3005 1 year ago

Finger crossed for all my GZ premium gang out there waiting for your pin we get a big haul in July before the price increase (I assume)

#3006 1 year ago

But on the price increase I think it would be HUGE if stern stuck to the same price while JJP made their price increase. I think it would really ostracize JJP and be a lot of good will for stern. I’ll take 2 pro’s over any 1 JJP any day but to be fair I don’t like the feel of JJP anyway

#3007 1 year ago

Since more GZ has rolled off the line...... how many $1 Cointakers have been filled here?
    I'd imagine that list has to be insanely long......maybe the longest ever?

Now that would be fun, figuring out where you are on the list. HA!!!

Pinhead: "Where am I on the list?"
    Cointaker: "You are 3579 on the list"
    Pinhead: "Really? What is your allocation for July?"
    Cointaker: "50..... assuming we get completely filled on this next run..... we do have 5000 ordered and we're expecting some to drop out"
    Pinhead: "Oh.......... so you're saying there's a chance!!"

#3008 1 year ago
    Quoted from PinStalker:

Since more GZ has rolled off the line...... how many $1 Cointakers have been filled here?
    Cointaker: "50..... assuming we get completely filled on this next run..... we do have 5000 ordered and we're expecting some to drop out"

I put a $1 deposit down with Cointaker in mid November last year, they said hopefully August run or next run after that.

#3009 1 year ago
    Quoted from manadams:

I put a $1 deposit down with Cointaker in mid November last year, they said hopefully August run or next run after that.

Classic non-answer. I hope everyone on that $1 list got on a backup list as well

However…an August run would be news…unless that’s just the July run being a little late

#3010 1 year ago
    Quoted from Parkshow30:

Does cointaker lock you in with a 1k deposit? I’m hoping not to get bundled in with the next price increase

I ordered DP from Cointaker several months back before IC was added and was a little cheaper. I had to pay the updated pricing when mine shipped last month.

#3011 1 year ago
    Quoted from PinStalker:

I put down a $1k deposit on a GZ Premium a day after the reveal. Mine hasn't shipped yet.

#3012 1 year ago
    Quoted from finman2000:

I put down a $1k deposit on a GZ Premium a day after the reveal. Mine hasn't shipped yet.

That’s wild! It sounds like there is still a lot of day 1 orders out there. I’d really be interested to see the numbers on how many day 1 orders their was on this game vs others. Zach on the pinball podcast keeps saying all his other orders combined don’t equal the number of GZ premiums. I hope one day they release those actual numbers of how many were ordered/sold by when. It must be an unprecedented number, I wonder if it will be the greatest selling game of all time?

#3013 1 year ago
    Quoted from MacGruber:

What happened in 20 to 21 is Stern canceled all the orders refunded the deposit and your guys have first rights to buy. Get ready for disappointment everyone

Agree 100% that happened to me on the last Elvira run. They raised the price $500 and had option to cancel and get deposit back or pay increase price. The deposit is for the “spot” so I would say don’t count on the old price being locked in. You might be disappointed.

#3014 1 year ago
    Quoted from Billygrippo:

Just got word my GZ premium ships from nitro next week! Order date: 2-4-22

Are you in Canada or the US? I ordered a GZ Prem from Nitro on Jan 13th and haven't heard anything.

#3015 1 year ago
    Quoted from jimbeam42:

Are you in Canada or the US? I ordered a GZ Prem from Nitro on Jan 13th and haven't heard anything.

Hmmm……
    I’m in Hawaii. Tommy has been right on it as far as I can tell. Folks are starting to receive invoices. When’s the last time you checked with him?

#3016 1 year ago
    Quoted from cbdarden:

I was Project Pinball’s Premium winner for September 2021 and confirmed Godzilla Premium on 9/21/21. Still haven’t gotten the game yet. Last time I reached out was March and their Distributor told them it wouldn’t be before August of this year. I don’t want to burst your bubble, but I think it’s going to be a long wait.

#3017 1 year ago
    Quoted from Mundy53:

I was Project Pinball’s Premium winner for September 2021 and confirmed Godzilla Premium on 9/21/21. Still haven’t gotten the game yet. Last time I reached out was March and their Distributor told them it wouldn’t be before August of this year. I don’t want to burst your bubble, but I think it’s going to be a long wait.

A long wait for a free game is still a free game

#3018 1 year ago

Government always gets their cut. Several thousand dollars in taxes paid on it in 2021 and still waiting on the game.

#3019 1 year ago
    Quoted from Mundy53:

Government always gets their cut. Several thousand dollars in taxes paid on it in 2021 and still waiting on the game.

Several thousand? Are you sure you didn't win a car?

#3020 1 year ago
    Quoted from Mundy53:

Who is the dealer for Project Pinball? I have a guess since August seems to be a popular answer.

#3021 1 year ago
    Quoted from NEW-B:

Several thousand? Are you sure you didn't win a car?

Prize winnings count as income. You get a IRS form and you pay against your nominal income tax bracket on the value of the game.

#3022 1 year ago
    Quoted from newovad:

Who is the dealer for Project Pinball? I have a guess since August seems to be a popular answer.

They wouldn’t say other than that they use multiple distros. Whoever it is, I’m surprised Project Pinball doesn't have more pull considering the number of games they order.

#3023 1 year ago
    Quoted from shanksfornothin:

I wonder if it will be the greatest selling game of all time?

Umm, no. No chance GZ ever catches TAF.

#3024 1 year ago
    Quoted from NEW-B:

A long wait for a free game is still a free game

I'm in the same boat (but from PinballEDU). 7 months later, I still don't have my GZ Pro. I'm locked in and nothing I can do but wait. Guess I should have taken a Zep and sold it at a loss.

#3025 1 year ago
    Quoted from Mundy53:

Prize winnings count as income. You get a IRS form and you pay against your nominal income tax bracket on the value of the game.

True, forgot about that.

#3026 1 year ago
    Quoted from shanksfornothin:

But on the price increase I think it would be HUGE if stern stuck to the same price while JJP made their price increase.

Won't happen. They know people will fork over their money even with a price increase.

#3027 1 year ago
    Quoted from PinStalker:

how many $1 Cointakers have been filled here?

Put a $1 deposit down on Nov 11. Radio silence.

Started getting antsy in April and called around after reading a post just like this one. The distributor someone recommended didn't have any, but I found a different small distributor that had one in their July allocation at MSRP. Put $1k down on April 18.

Got a positive surprise that my $1000 deposit pin was coming in early. Received on June 20. I did have to pay shipping, but it seemed likely that the Cointaker pin was going to be months away and I would possibly/probably be hit by a price increase anyway.

Cointaker...223 days and counting
    Small distro...in hand in 63 days

This thread is full of stories just like this. If you want the game now...just call around.

#3028 1 year ago
    Quoted from scootss:

I did have to pay shipping, but it seemed likely that the Cointaker pin was going to be months away and I would possibly/probably be hit by a price increase anyway.

Only reason I'm patient enough to wait with Cointaker is the free shipping and locked in at $8999 with $1 deposit. Bought multiple games through them in the past so no reason to panic or worry IMO.

#3029 1 year ago
    Quoted from manadams: I'm patient enough to wait with Cointaker is the free shipping and locked in at $8999 with $1 deposit. Bought multiple games through them in the past so no reason to panic or worry IMO.

if it was really locked in, everyone should just put in $1 and make a few hundred bucks in a few years when you finally get your $8999 game and current MSRP is $10,000+.

Come back to reality.

#3030 1 year ago
    Quoted from Sorokyl:

if it was really locked in, everyone should just put in $1 and make a few hundred bucks in a few years when you finally get your $8999 game and current MSRP is $10,000+.
    Come back to reality.

I am also fully expecting to be screwed over, but, FWIW I do have it in writing: "No price increase except for the 200.00 for the inner connectivity kit…we are holding your price."

#3031 1 year ago
    Quoted from Sorokyl:

Come back to reality.

Worst case scenario is Cointaker is lying to me, if that happens I walk away and never buy a game from them again.

20220622_095119 (resized).jpg20220622_095119 (resized).jpg
    #3032 1 year ago

Man...I'm one of those in the "$1 deposit on Godzilla Premium" club. I've called around to a few distros, and I've been quoted things like '2nd half of 2023'....insanity abound!

#3033 1 year ago

For the folks who have recently been contacting distributors, do you know if Rush Premium is in stock anywhere. I understand Godzilla will be the wait, but curious about Premiun Rush.

#3034 1 year ago
    Quoted from gandamack:

For the folks who have recently been contacting distributors, do you know if Rush Premium is in stock anywhere. I understand Godzilla will be the wait, but curious about Premiun Rush.

there are dealers on pinside marketplace offering retail price + free shipping of Rush Premium

#3035 1 year ago

I put down in Nov.. just asked and said no lock but they will work with you if they can. The good news is we should still be this year!

Quoted from manadams:

Worst case scenario is Cointaker is lying to me, if that happens I walk away and never buy a game from them again. [quoted image]

#3036 1 year ago
    Quoted from PinRat:

there are dealers on pinside marketplace offering retail price + free shipping of Rush Premium

I believe there is a big batch coming very soon

#3037 1 year ago
    Quoted from kool1:

I believe there is a big batch coming very soon

Hope so. I’m supposed to be in the June run.

#3038 1 year ago
    Quoted from blowback1976:

Hope so. I’m supposed to be in the June run.

If you orderd from Nitro you should be good. Showing stock for this year.

#3039 1 year ago
    Quoted from kool1:

If you orderd from Nitro you should be good. Showing stock for this year.

It is. They’ve been good to me over the years.

#3040 1 year ago
    Quoted from Mundy53:

I won a Mando Premium from Project Pinball in May of 2021 and I finally received it in February of 2022. Your games will hopefully come this year

#3041 1 year ago

Ordered from smaller local dealer day 2 after launch. Received today. Born on 6/17. Edit…Godzilla premium.

#3042 1 year ago

Looks like all Rush this week

Screenshot_20220625-101828_Facebook (resized).jpgScreenshot_20220625-101828_Facebook (resized).jpg
    #3043 1 year ago

Ya, Premiums only it looks like. From what I gather Premiums are the last to be assembled with any title, right?

#3044 1 year ago

Got the email my game was in on thursday. Picked it up last night before work and set it up when I got home around 4am before kids could wake up and get in the way. Everything seems to be working smoothly but haven’t got any time on it yet. The glass was a bitch to get off though. Super tight. Replaced with pdi which is not quite as snug. I ordered in February.

18E95E16-6B48-43FA-BB15-145A617A1113 (resized).jpeg18E95E16-6B48-43FA-BB15-145A617A1113 (resized).jpeg61FB4732-BE9C-46CE-B146-B9EAAC7A5476 (resized).jpeg61FB4732-BE9C-46CE-B146-B9EAAC7A5476 (resized).jpeg65743F4E-2D8A-434B-B260-2CBD0614FCF1 (resized).jpeg65743F4E-2D8A-434B-B260-2CBD0614FCF1 (resized).jpeg
    #3045 1 year ago

Just got notification that our GZ premium gets to the distributor this week. He is hoping to deliver on Wed!! Fingers crossed.

#3046 1 year ago

Anyone get anything about JP pro shipping or hitting the line. I know the last production schedule just says July but I assume it’s not be a huge run so they can focus on GZ

#3047 1 year ago

So if they’re on rush premiums last week, would they be doing the pro’s this week? They normally do pro’s first though….
    Next is either GZ pro/premium or JP pro.
    Fingers crossed for my GZ premium to finally show up in July

#3048 1 year ago
    Quoted from Capn12:

So if they’re on rush premiums last week, would they be doing the pro’s this week? They normally do pro’s first though….
    Next is either GZ pro/premium or JP pro.
    Fingers crossed for my GZ premium to finally show up in July

GZ prem just did another run a week or so ago, so i would be suprised if it went right back on the line. I think the schedule is in flux a little bit.

#3049 1 year ago
    Quoted from cbdarden:

Nice! I won my DP premium with that last JULY!

#3050 1 year ago

FYI...Rush Premium ordered Jan 6th from Flip N Out shipped out today...

There are 8,172 posts in this topic. You are on page 61 of 164.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/what-is-on-the-line-at-stern-pinball-delays/page/61?hl=manadams and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.