Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 8,159 posts
  • 858 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 7 hours ago by Wildbill327
  • Topic is favorited by 533 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

glasses.gif
    nedry.gif
    snaps.gif
    Screenshot_20240318_201633_Chrome (resized).jpg
    IMG_8074 (resized).jpeg
    download (resized).jpeg
    7136153e-4781-4514-8f75-26077beb0e35-1655665323130 (resized).jpg
    designer-delays (resized).png
    image000000 (resized).jpeg
    IMG_1455.gif
    Skinner (resized).png
    26CDA9FF-5625-4BC0-AECC-1FF8C139FBFB (resized).jpeg
    pasted_image (resized).png
    IMG_5780 (resized).png
    bobbymcgeestub.png
    JT.gif
    There are 8,159 posts in this topic. You are on page 58 of 164.
    #2851 1 year ago
    Quoted from scootss:

I just heard that the godzilla run was cut short due to warped playfields and that they would go back on the line soon. Has anyone else heard this?

When I saw Stern post pictures of that massive flooding of their factory I thought maybe it wouldn’t be such a bad thing if I missed the next run of Godzilla premium.

#2852 1 year ago
    Quoted from Cobray:

So they're done with Godzillas already? WTF!!! UGGHHHHH.
    I'm never getting mine.

That's the sinking feeling I'm getting now

#2853 1 year ago

Does anyone know who is the designer on the next game?

#2854 1 year ago
    Quoted from scootss:

I just heard that the godzilla run was cut short due to warped playfields and that they would go back on the line soon. Has anyone else heard this?

Good point- I feel better about not getting the latest run. I owned a AC/DC with a warped playfield and it was an absolute nightmare to deal with and I never want to deal with that again.

#2855 1 year ago
    Quoted from rai:

Does anyone know who is the designer on the next game?

Rumours are Brian Eddy..

#2856 1 year ago
    Quoted from RightFlipper:

I just got a final payment invoice for Godzilla Premium from my distributor. My first NIB machine. Super excited! To answer the usual questions in no particular order.... Hemispheres Amusements. I ordered in early November. I understand my machine is from their May allotment from Stern. Great experience with Mark and Kurt at Hemispheres. Good luck to everyone waiting -- looks like some GZ machines are on the way this month!

Got my Godzilla Premium today. Build date of May 31. Loving it!

#2857 1 year ago

Cointaker had a facebook ad today that said another run of guardians Pro is happening in the fall. I know some were wondering if that was ever to occur

#2858 1 year ago

I’ve been wanting a GOTG Premium for so long, but I gave up and ordered a Pro.

#2859 1 year ago
    Quoted from mbrave77:

Cointaker had a facebook ad today that said another run of guardians Pro is happening in the fall. I know some were wondering if that was ever to occur

Stern purging their GOTG parts bins. Wish they had some huge Tron parts bins in a cage somewhere lol

#2860 1 year ago

Another GZ premium landed today.

Build date 6/1/22

20220609_191702 (resized).jpg20220609_191702 (resized).jpg
    #2861 1 year ago

I just got my GZ premium today and my order date was 9/30/21.

#2862 1 year ago
    Quoted from kidAtHeart:

Got my Godzilla Premium yesterday. Born on May 31. Shipped to distributor in MI, then FedEx'd to me yesterday.

Mine was also made May 31.

pasted_image (resized).jpegpasted_image (resized).jpeg
    #2863 1 year ago

Sounds like Rush Premiums are starting to land again at various distributors. Noticed Marcos has them in stock now.

#2864 1 year ago
    pasted_image (resized).pngpasted_image (resized).png
    #2865 1 year ago

Wow, they are still producing Rush LE's?

#2866 1 year ago
    Quoted from wackenhut:

Wow, they are still producing Rush LE's?

That was my thought. Must have been short on parts.

#2867 1 year ago
    Quoted from Quadrat:

Replacement units maybe?

#2868 1 year ago
    Quoted from Quadrat:

they still don't have the expression lights out for general purchase. methinks those boards might be hard to come by?

#2869 1 year ago
    Quoted from JToeps:

they still don't have the expression lights out for general purchase. methinks those boards might be hard to come by?

One of the big reasons I bit the bullet and got an LE

#2870 1 year ago
    Quoted from JToeps:

They're very cool. Would add them to the Prem I ordered when both are available.

#2871 1 year ago
    Quoted from kool1:

Replacement units maybe?

I know of one LE that was damaged in shipping so I'd say you are on track.

#2872 1 year ago
    Quoted from djsolzs:

[quoted image]

They should post a factory picture every Friday.

#2873 1 year ago
    Quoted from sanctumwear:

Updated:
    Aug 2022 - Led Zeppelin Pro & Premium (final run)

So is the LZ the fastest Spike 2 pin to go from release to retirement? Released December 2020, retired August 2022. 19 months...

By comparison GOTG was released in October of 2017, and will get retired in September 2022. 58 Months...

#2874 1 year ago
    Quoted from bigguybbr:So is the LZ the fastest Spike 2 pin to go from release to retirement? Released December 2020, retired August 2022. 19 months...
    By comparison GOTG was released in October of 2017, and will get retired in September 2022. 58 Months...

That's a little deceptive though..... when was the last run of premiums for GOTG? Some of us will only buy Premium or above: it essentially has been OOP for a long time already.

#2875 1 year ago
    Quoted from bigguybbr:

So is the LZ the fastest Spike 2 pin to go from release to retirement? Released December 2020, retired August 2022. 19 months...

I think so. Stranger things was only ran for like 2 years. Sucks. I figured I had at least 3 years on that one.

Edit - how about a round of applause for Star Wars, no Spike 2 game has had a longer production run and they are building Pros and Premiums still. Gotta be one of their best selling pins of all time.

#2876 1 year ago
    Quoted from bigguybbr:

Yes

#2877 1 year ago
    Quoted from bigguybbr:

Quoted from PinStalker:

That's a little deceptive though..... when was the last run of premiums for GOTG? Some of us will only buy Premium or above: it essentially has been OOP for a long time already.

I was told that GotG has been the worst selling prem since Mustang and every prem after it has sold more.

#2878 1 year ago
    Quoted from sanctumwear:

I was told that GotG has been the worst selling prem since Mustang and every prem after it has sold more.

But it’s got Groot hands that cover up the playfield so you can’t see the shots! How could that fail?!

#2879 1 year ago
    Quoted from crujones4life:

Edit - how about a round of applause for Star Wars, no Spike 2 game has had a longer production run and they are building Pros and Premiums still. Gotta be one of their best selling pins of all time.

I put a deposit down on one thinking it may be my last chance to get one.

#2880 1 year ago
    Quoted from kell:

Smart man. Excellent game! It's me favorite!!!

#2881 1 year ago
    Quoted from CashMoney:

But it’s got Groot hands that cover up the playfield so you can’t see the shots! How could that fail?!

I was going to say some stern premiums aren’t worth the extra cost over the pros but guardians pro is the better game period. Those groot hands are a huge distraction.

#2882 1 year ago
    Quoted from vicjw66:

I was going to say some stern premiums aren’t worth the extra cost over the pros but guardians pro is the better game period. Those groot hands are a huge distraction.

But I could never shame my family by buying a pro! I can literally only buy NIB premiums..why does Stern not consider my situation in their production schedule!

#2883 1 year ago
    Quoted from kell:

I ordered a prem late last year for the August run. I'm stoked. It must be getting close to retirement.

#2884 1 year ago
    Quoted from SimplePin:

I ordered a prem late last year for the August run. I'm stoked. It must be getting close to retirement.

I love my SW (premium) but the pro is great too, if I had to sell everything but 1 pin, I would keep my SW.

#2885 1 year ago
    Quoted from rai:

I love my SW (premium) but the pro is great too, if I had to sell everything but 1 pin, I would keep my SW.

That’s considerable praise. I’m interested in hearing what else is in your collection.

#2886 1 year ago

I do wonder with the most recent GZ premium being cut short yet again, and JP premiums being done early if they’re gearing up for a big batch of premiums to go Out during the July run. Since that would also be the last run before the new release and some (not all I’m sure) jump ship to the new title release. A last big push on the large backlog before the new shiny thing comes out. I would be very impressed with GZ if another 2 new games and I assume a new release of JJP came out and GZ backlog still held firm because of its wild demand

#2887 1 year ago
    Quoted from Walk:

That’s considerable praise. I’m interested in hearing what else is in your collection.

You can see my collection by clicking on the 14 number below my name.

I’ve got Godzilla LE, DP premium, JP premium. Etc.

What sets it apart is the variety of modes and the character ability perks so it’s not the same game over and over again like most pins.

I’m not a great player so I’ll never see everything in one game but I can start as R2D2 and Death Star missions and play that for a while. If I get tired I can play other planets or other characters. It’s like a choose your own adventure book.

But not just that I like the layout and hyper loop on the premium and of course the theme is perfect and they got good use of the movie assets.

#2888 1 year ago
    Quoted from rai:

What sets it apart is the variety of modes and the character ability perks so it’s not the same game over and over. I’m not a great player so I’ll never see everything in one game but I can start as R2D2 and Death Star missions and play that for a while. If I get tired I can play other planets or other characters. It’s like a choose your own adventure book.
    But not just that I like the layout and hyper loop on the premium and of course the theme is perfect and they got good use of the movie assets.

Your collection is closed

#2889 1 year ago
    Quoted from rai:

What sets it apart is the variety of modes and the character ability perks so it’s not the same game over and over. I’m not a great player so I’ll never see everything in one game but I can start as R2D2 and Death Star missions and play that for a while. If I get tired I can play other planets or other characters. It’s like a choose your own adventure book.

Your collection is set to private...just a FYI.

#2890 1 year ago
    Quoted from crujones4life:

Your collection is set to private...just a FYI.

I had no idea. Should be able to see now.

#2891 1 year ago

Godzilla premium will be here Monday. Three of us ordered at the same time in mid December and they all came together. The distributor mentioned they where getting more in July. Hopefully these long delays will end soon.

#2892 1 year ago

Congrats to all those finally getting they’re pins ! I hope it keeps rolling To be honest ,I’m not buying into covid and lockdowns as the main reason for the delays .The way I see things is a Gigantic trade war ….(I just erased the ending to this because this is pinside and we’re here to talk pinball ). All I have to say is with the present demand Stern could easily roll out 4 cornerstones a year right now .They’re going to drop 2 .Does anyone out there really believe this is going to end anytime soon ? I don’t , but I’ll do my part in getting money in they’re hands to keep the wheel turning and I’ll get my pin when I get it Bottom line is everyone needs to find a way to work together .We’re crying about pinball parts as most are worried about surviving .There’s rough seas ahead but the sun will shine again that I assure you

#2893 1 year ago
    Quoted from vicjw66:

+1

IMHO - GOTG and DP are better at the pro level. IMDN and TMNT is a toss up.

The Groot hands look cool from across the room, but suck when you play. Extra magnets are meh. The spinning orb is cool to look at. I do wish the pro had the spinners

DP Pro plays faster than the prem. The extra drops slow it down. I don't think the disco ball and diverter are worth 2K.

TMNT is a punishing game, but the pro is really feature packed. The diverter on the prem breaks often and isn't worth it. Balls spilling out of the van doesn't change the game.

#2894 1 year ago
    Quoted from bigguybbr:

DP Pro plays faster than the prem. The extra drops slow it down.

I think Deadpool Prem/LE is faster and better flowing than the Pro. The Disco Loop ramp makes the game way faster than the left orbit dump off to the pops on the Pro.

I could see the argument that the Pro is more difficult to play without the ramp, but it definitely plays slower.

The extra drop targets on Prem/LE make the game play harder and unpredictable, the Pro is faster in that portion of the playfield.

#2895 1 year ago

Anyone had their machine delivered by Estes? They’ve had mine at the terminal for a week and I’m not getting good vibes, etc.

#2896 1 year ago
    Quoted from kell:

Anyone had their machine delivered by Estes? They’ve had mine at the terminal for a week and I’m not getting good vibes, etc.

i ship around 50 games a month through estes, they do great for me

#2897 1 year ago
    Quoted from Tilt:

i ship around 50 games a month through estes, they do great for me

T-Force (apparently used to be UPS freight?) is the only one that I've received pins from that SUUUUUUUCKED. Worst customer service and logistics, ever.

#2898 1 year ago
    Quoted from PinMonk:

T-Force (apparently used to be UPS freight?) is the only one that I've received pins from that SUUUUUUUCKED. Worst customer service and logistics, ever.

They bought ups freight

#2899 1 year ago
    Quoted from JakePG:

They bought ups freight

I only experienced T-Force after that point, then. Whatever they are now is TERRIBLE. I will absolutely ask that any pin I buy is NEVER shipped with T-Force. Completely awful experience, and over 2 weeks to get from IL to CA, which is crazy when some can do it (and have on other pins I've received) in as little as 4 days.

#2900 1 year ago
    Quoted from PinMonk:

I only experienced T-Force after that point, then. Whatever they are now is TERRIBLE. I will absolutely ask that any pin I buy is NEVER shipped with T-Force. Completely awful experience, and over 2 weeks to get from IL to CA, which is crazy when some can do it (and have on other pins I've received) in as little as 4 days.

I think you guys are lucky. Almost every shipper here SUCKS A$$.
    ZERO tracking capabilities that are somewhat accurate and sometimes you are SOL until you are not

There are 8,159 posts in this topic. You are on page 58 of 164.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/what-is-on-the-line-at-stern-pinball-delays/page/58?hl=kbenson13 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.