(Topic ID: 298696)

What is on the line at Stern Pinball / Production Schedule

By beltking

2 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

glasses.gif
    nedry.gif
    snaps.gif
    Screenshot_20240318_201633_Chrome (resized).jpg
    IMG_8074 (resized).jpeg
    download (resized).jpeg
    7136153e-4781-4514-8f75-26077beb0e35-1655665323130 (resized).jpg
    designer-delays (resized).png
    image000000 (resized).jpeg
    IMG_1455.gif
    Skinner (resized).png
    26CDA9FF-5625-4BC0-AECC-1FF8C139FBFB (resized).jpeg
    pasted_image (resized).png
    IMG_5780 (resized).png
    bobbymcgeestub.png
    JT.gif
    There are 8,160 posts in this topic. You are on page 57 of 164.
    #2801 1 year ago
    Quoted from beltking:

Stern added a small run of guardians of the galaxy pros in September.

Uggh...... why does Stern do this? People usually want premiums. I'd be interested in a GOTG premium, but not a pro.
    They did the same thing with Stranger Things at the end:

Stern: "Here's some pros"
    People: "We want premiums"
    Stern: "HERE'S SOME PROS"
    People: "We're waiting for premiums"
    Stern: "Game archived due to lack of demand"
    People:

#2802 1 year ago
    Quoted from blowback1976:

Noticed Nitro just posted LZ pro and premium preorders for Aug and GotG pro for Sept. Haven’t seen those titles mentioned in the production schedule yet.

Can confirm these. Last call for both titles.

Also, GZ had a parts issue and production was halted early. It will be back on the line in a week or two apparently. Not sure the full updated schedule. Maybe ZMeny or another distro can give some insight on that?

#2803 1 year ago

GOTG is the modern Stern where the premium-ness is least important. There's very little gameplay difference, just toys and cosmetics. Stern could be targeting operators to have them on hand for when the next GOTG movie releases next year. (It might seem a bit early for that. Timing on the license deal might be a factor.)

#2804 1 year ago

Just got the following 2 emails from distributors within 15 minutes of each other. I think Stern must have just had a call with distributors. Late summer release dates for Led Zep and Guardians below.

News (resized).pngNews (resized).png
    #2805 1 year ago
    Quoted from SantaEatsCheese:

Just got the following 2 emails from distributors within 15 minutes of each other. I think Stern must have just had a call with distributors. Late summer release dates for Led Zep and Guardians below.[quoted image]

Why would they waste time on this?!? There are so many games people would love ran one more time and these are the 2 you chose??? Let’s take those 2-4 weeks out of the schedule entirely and just run a game they can’t make enough of GZ premium instead…just saying

#2806 1 year ago
    Quoted from beltking:

Stern added a small run of guardians of the galaxy pros in September.
    On a side note the roller coaster at Epcot Disney is crazy. Rode that a week ago.

Is this for sure?

#2807 1 year ago
    Quoted from Pin_Fandango:

Is this for sure?

2 posts up seem to confirm.

#2808 1 year ago
    Quoted from shanksfornothin:

Why would they waste time on this?!? There are so many games people would love ran one more time and these are the 2 you chose??? Let’s take those 2-4 weeks out of the schedule entirely and just run a game they can’t make enough of GZ premium instead…just saying

There must be enough demand to warrant it. While I don't share this opinion, there are people that don't love Godzilla and may prefer these two games. It isn't me but not everyone has the same love for Godzilla as I and many others.

#2809 1 year ago
    Quoted from Insanity199:

There must be enough demand to warrant it. While I don't share this opinion, there are people that don't love Godzilla and may prefer these two games. It isn't me but not everyone has the same love for Godzilla as I and many others.

dont_believe_you_anchorman.gifdont_believe_you_anchorman.gif
    #2810 1 year ago

I would think that they are making those games because they have the parts for them. Not only that, they have the buyers - the distributors. It's Stern's way of selling/unloading games onto the distributors. From what I understand, to be a distributor, you must buy "x" amount of games to be a distributor. Stern is just making money

#2811 1 year ago

Your friendly reminder that Pinside represents a small portion of their market, and I’m sure the actual sales numbers ultimately dictate decision making

#2812 1 year ago

Thanks Stern for the last calls on STH and IM

Oh..... right.

Why is this news having to come from a distro? It should be on Stern's site for all customers to see and know...... not some privileged info coming out of a shady warehouse backroom, disseminated in a cloud of cigar smoke by a fat sweaty underworld pinball kingpin ruling over the local chapter of the cult Stern Illuminati.

#2813 1 year ago

"Man, we are THOUSANDS of units behind, on ever catching up on Godzilla Premium Orders. We'll have to have those on the line for a LONG time!"

"Yep, for sure. So lets get some LZ Pro and GotG Pro going, chop chop!"

#2814 1 year ago
    Quoted from JakePG:

I would think that they are making those games because they have the parts for them. Not only that, they have the buyers - the distributors. It's Stern's way of selling/unloading games onto the distributors. From what I understand, to be a distributor, you must buy "x" amount of games to be a distributor. Stern is just making money

Not a more true post than this.

#2815 1 year ago

Could be a few things.
    Licensing may be in play as well, those licenses could be ending soon and they don't want to renew them.
    Parts available for LZ and GOTG
    Parts not available for GZ or other high demand game.
    LZ and GOTG are basically out of stock every place except for few LZ pros, so maybe there is demand we are not aware of as mentioned by someone else.

#2816 1 year ago
    Quoted from ZoraShinoda:

Could be a few things.
    Licensing may be in play as well, those licenses could be ending soon and they don't want to renew them.
    Parts available for LZ and GOTG
    Parts not available for GZ or other high demand game.
    LZ and GOTG are basically out of stock every place except for few LZ pros, so maybe there is demand we are not aware of as mentioned by someone else.

It was mentioned there are ongoing parts shortages for GZ; presumably it takes some non-trivial time to adjust the factory lines so it makes sense to just stop work on GZ until they build up an inventory again and can guarantee that the time retooling for GZ will be worth it.

Plus from Stern's perspective it's not like the frothing demand for GZ is likely to die off in the near future if they optimize factory time shipping something else that they think is guaranteed to sell. Got to be Distro's out there pinging them for LZ / Guardians.

#2817 1 year ago

Surprised LZ is back.

I thought demand was soft.

#2818 1 year ago
    Quoted from kool1:

Surprised LZ is back.

it is

#2819 1 year ago

I guess I’ll be eating my hat lol

Quoted from KneeKickLou:

I would find it hard to believe they would run GotG again with the current backlog and of course new games coming out but really who knows.

#2820 1 year ago
    Quoted from kool1:

Surprised LZ is back.

Probably has to do with blowing through the parts they have for it then retiring it. Definitely hasn't set the sales charts on fire.

#2821 1 year ago
    Quoted from MrChupon:

It was mentioned there are ongoing parts shortages for GZ; presumably it takes some non-trivial time to adjust the factory lines so it makes sense to just stop work on GZ until they build up an inventory again and can guarantee that the time retooling for GZ will be worth it.
    Plus from Stern's perspective it's not like the frothing demand for GZ is likely to die off in the near future if they optimize factory time shipping something else that they think is guaranteed to sell. Got to be Distro's out there pinging them for LZ / Guardians.

I wouldn’t think it’s like retooling an automated factory… I’d guess it consists of rolling away one set of parts and rolling in another. Maybe I’m oversimplifying, I’ve never looked at stern factory pictures but I always thought their “line” would be more a row of work stations than a modern automated factory line (aside from playfields/plastics/backglass/translite)

#2822 1 year ago
    Quoted from mstang01:

I wouldn’t think it’s like retooling an automated factory… I’d guess it consists of rolling away one set of parts and rolling in another. Maybe I’m oversimplifying, I’ve never looked at stern factory pictures but I always thought their “line” would be more a row of work stations than a modern automated factory line (aside from playfields/plastics/backglass/translite)

I mean, you're right, but it's thousands of different parts... so it probably takes a while. Plus all the jigs like the one to make wiring harnesses, maybe different testing equipment for each game, etc.

Here's a video if your interested that shows most of the line:

#2823 1 year ago
    Quoted from Sorokyl:

I mean, you're right, but it's thousands of different parts... so it probably takes a while. Plus all the jigs like the one to make wiring harnesses, maybe different testing equipment for each game, etc.
    Here's a video if your interested that shows most of the line:

LOL at all the boxes stacked up behind him in the picture, I hope those are empty props and not just games laying around to be shipped

#2824 1 year ago

LOL at all the boxes stacked up behind him in the picture, I hope those are empty props and not just games laying around to be shipped

This is a video made before supply chain issues so I presume that this is what a healthy production line looks like.

#2825 1 year ago

Did anyone watch the video?

They are country specific groups, and when you ship to another country you want to fill up as much of a container as you can.

#2826 1 year ago

Well hopefully since LZ premiums are being built again that means Stern might have the Expression Lights for sale for Rush Pro/Pre owners soon. I love them on LZ and really want them on Rush.

And I wish they would also do Premium's for GotG. Doesn't seem like the BOM is much higher compared to the Pro for that title so you would think it would be more profitable to do so. I've been wanting that one for a while. Main thing I don't understand is why they removed the 2 spinners from the Pro. I can live without all the other stuff but I love spinners lol.

#2827 1 year ago
    Quoted from PinMonk:

Probably has to do with blowing through the parts they have for it then retiring it. Definitely hasn't set the sales charts on fire.

GOTG is a great game. Actually if you look at what used Pros have sold for in the last several months you could definitely make the argument a run is in demand. Pros have climbed to upper 7s well above price of a new run, probably a hit after production like some titles.

#2828 1 year ago
    Quoted from solid_snake:

I don't understand is why they removed the 2 spinners from the Pro.

You answered your own question. successful product segmentation is about making you want to buy the more expensive product!

#2829 1 year ago
    Quoted from Sorokyl:

You answered your own question. successful product segmentation is about making you want to buy the more expensive product!

Yeah that's kind of my point. I want to buy the Premium but they are only offering the Pro.

#2830 1 year ago
    Quoted from Pin_Fandango:

Is this for sure?

Yes for sure but many are sold out already so call around. Wish they did prem and more toppers I’d get one.

#2831 1 year ago
    Quoted from j_m_:

stern should really reconsider changing the aug star wars production (pro & premium) to the comic art version. my guess is that the demand would be higher for that art package

This has been discussed quite a bit in the Star Wars thread. A majority of people seem to prefer the movie art package. Rest assured if Stern thought they would sell more comic art (vs movie art), they would build them. Seeing as how the game has been in production for 5 years now and the runs are probably getting smaller and have longer waits between them, I imagine they figured it wasn't worth the hassle of running both art packages and stuck with the more popular choice.

#2832 1 year ago
    Quoted from aaron6920:

GOTG is a great game. Actually if you look at what used Pros have sold for in the last several months you could definitely make the argument a run is in demand. Pros have climbed to upper 7s well above price of a new run, probably a hit after production like some titles.

If you look at what I quoted, I was talking about LZ.

#2833 1 year ago
    Quoted from PinMonk:

If you look at what I quoted, I was talking about LZ.

Oh my bad

I can’t quite defend the demand in that one

#2834 1 year ago
    Quoted from PinMonk:

Premium is a fun game IMO. Underrated.

#2835 1 year ago

Anyone in Canada looking for a NIB LZ topper to go with their new LZ, PM me. Thanks.

#2836 1 year ago

Just looked at Automated website and under Iron Maiden it lists pro and premium due 2nd half of ‘22. Might have to pick up one if this is a real thing.

#2837 1 year ago

Probably wrong

#2838 1 year ago

Just to confirm there not making any more JP Premium's this year?

#2839 1 year ago
    Quoted from tonycip:

Just to confirm there not making any more JP Premium's this year?

According to the latest posted list on this thread, it doesn't look like it...

June 2022 - Mando Premium
    June 2022 - Rush Pro & Premium
    July 2022 - JP Pro
    July 2022 - Godzilla Pro & Premium
    Aug 2022 - Star Wars Pro & Premium (original art package)
    Aug 2022 - NEW STERN CORNERSTONE
    Sep 2022 - NEW STERN CORNERSTONE
    Oct 2022 - Star Wars the pin (original & comic art)
    Oct 2022 - NEW STERN CORNERSTONE
    Nov 2022 - JP the pin
    Nov 2022 - Elvira Premium
    Dec 2022 - TMNT Pro & Premium

...but things change as we've seen in recently months. I have a pre-order on Elvira HOH from Feb '22 that according to the distributor should arrive to me in December, so I hope that remains unchanged

#2840 1 year ago

Updated:
    June 2022 - Mando Premium
    June 2022 - Rush Pro & Premium
    July 2022 - Jurassic Park Pro
    July 2022 - Godzilla Pro & Premium
    Aug 2022 - Star Wars Pro & Premium
    Aug 2022 - Led Zeppelin Pro & Premium (final run)
    Aug 2022 - NEW STERN CORNERSTONE
    Sep 2022 - NEW STERN CORNERSTONE
    Sep 2022 - Guardians of the Galaxy Pro (final run)
    Oct 2022 - Star Wars Home Edition (original & comic art)
    Oct 2022 - NEW STERN CORNERSTONE
    Nov 2022 - Jurassic Park Home Edition
    Nov 2022 - Elvira Premium
    Dec 2022 - TMNT Pro & Premium

#2841 1 year ago

Any ideas on when Stern will announce what the new cornerstone is? Do they usually do it a certain time frame out before the scheduled build dates?

#2842 1 year ago

So they're done with Godzillas already? WTF!!! UGGHHHHH.

I'm never getting mine.

#2843 1 year ago

I still have a deposit for a JP premium and topper. Will these be run again?

#2844 1 year ago
    Quoted from marspinball:

I still have a deposit for a JP premium and topper. Will these be run again?

Probably, but not anytime soon.

#2845 1 year ago
    Quoted from Cobray:

I'm never getting mine.

There's still another run scheduled for July, but if it makes you feel any better I'm also waiting on a GZ Prem with zero indication where I am on the list.

#2846 1 year ago
    Quoted from purbeast:

Any ideas on when Stern will announce what the new cornerstone is? Do they usually do it a certain time frame out before the scheduled build dates?

Gomez said the next cornerstone will be announced in August.

#2847 1 year ago
    Quoted from purbeast:

Aug/Sept

#2848 1 year ago

Got my Godzilla Premium yesterday. Born on May 31. Shipped to distributor in MI, then FedEx'd to me yesterday.

#2849 1 year ago
    Quoted from Cobray:

I just heard that the godzilla run was cut short due to warped playfields and that they would go back on the line soon. Has anyone else heard this?

#2850 1 year ago
    Quoted from mbl1116:

Your friendly reminder that Pinside represents a small portion of their market, and I’m sure the actual sales numbers ultimately dictate decision making

In normal times maybe, but not now. Pinside may be a small portion of the market, but it is a representative sample. I play a lot of location pinball, and what is popular here is popular on location and likely the rest of the home market, and what is not very popular here is not very popular on location. Godzilla is very popular on location. So clearly it’s a parts issue and possibly to a lesser extent some licenses that are about to expire on why Stern are running what they are running.

In other news, the backlog of ships waiting to unload at the ports of Long Beach/Los Angeles is cleared up. But because China shut down again there is a huge backlog at their ports that will eventually hit us again like a tidal wave. Rinse and repeat.

There are 8,160 posts in this topic. You are on page 57 of 164.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/what-is-on-the-line-at-stern-pinball-delays/page/57?hl=apinjunkie and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.