Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 8,159 posts
  • 858 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 14 hours ago by Wildbill327
  • Topic is favorited by 533 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

glasses.gif
    nedry.gif
    snaps.gif
    Screenshot_20240318_201633_Chrome (resized).jpg
    IMG_8074 (resized).jpeg
    download (resized).jpeg
    7136153e-4781-4514-8f75-26077beb0e35-1655665323130 (resized).jpg
    designer-delays (resized).png
    image000000 (resized).jpeg
    IMG_1455.gif
    Skinner (resized).png
    26CDA9FF-5625-4BC0-AECC-1FF8C139FBFB (resized).jpeg
    pasted_image (resized).png
    IMG_5780 (resized).png
    bobbymcgeestub.png
    JT.gif
    There are 8,159 posts in this topic. You are on page 54 of 164.
    #2651 1 year ago

I ordered my GZ prem nov 5th... Still have zero idea when it will arrive. What is my best bet on another NIB Stern that i could receive quickly?

#2652 1 year ago
    Quoted from amhpensfan:

I ordered my GZ prem nov 5th... Still have zero idea when it will arrive. What is my best bet on another NIB Stern that i could receive quickly?

Right now? Rush pro/prem, Mando pro/prem, AIQ, still some GZ Pro spots for July. Call around and you might find a DP pro that’s not spoken for

#2653 1 year ago
    Quoted from amhpensfan:

Same - GZ Pro ordered in Nov.

Quoted from Pinash:

Mando is a fun game. Unfortunately with a lot of GZ, DP, JP, and Halloween (yup I included that one) showing up at homes and in the marketplace, Mando definitely looses out.

With deliveries from Stern up I'm seeing the market soften a little. Locally a lot of Avengers have come up for sale.

#2654 1 year ago
    Quoted from KneeKickLou:

I would find it hard to believe they would run GotG again with the current backlog and of course new games coming out but really who knows.

Maybe they have parts to build them and if there's a delay with the other games, they'll slip it in. Does seem weird it's not archived, but GotG 3 is only a year away, so...

#2655 1 year ago

Guardians of the Galaxy has a third movie coming out sometime this year or next, so it would make perfect sense to do a run then. Maybe even with a code update to pull in some scene or character from the third movie, if Stern can swing that. Including Thor somehow would be great.

#2656 1 year ago
    Quoted from vikingerik:

Guardians of the Galaxy has a third movie coming out sometime this year or next, so it would make perfect sense to do a run then. Maybe even with a code update to pull in some scene or character from the third movie, if Stern can swing that. Including Thor somehow would be great.

May 2023. Almost exactly a year from now.

#2657 1 year ago
    Quoted from NoSkills:

and now IMDN is back in the 'in production' section lol

Now that's interesting. Anybody have any experience with this game? I want to like it but I'd have to play it first.

#2658 1 year ago

Anyone call any distros and ask how long their list is for BTTF? Funny stuff. if it happens, I really hope they make a LOT of LEs.

#2659 1 year ago
    Quoted from amhpensfan:

All you have to do is go to Sterns website, look at the distributor map, and start looking at websites or calling them. You'll find pinball machines in stock and ready to ship... You could have one next week if you don't care much about which game (But there are certainly several different games in stock if you bother to look around)

edit: or look here on the "Market" section, click "NIB". I see lots of in stock stuff...

#2660 1 year ago
    Quoted from insight75:

Anyone call any distros and ask how long their list is for BTTF? Funny stuff. if it happens, I really hope they make a LOT of LEs.

I got on the list for an LE a while back so...

#2661 1 year ago

Been on BTTF lists for two yrs. Probably a mile long. There were 30 people ahead of me two yrs ago.

#2662 1 year ago
    Quoted from beltking:

Been on BTTF lists for two yrs. Probably a mile long. There were 30 people ahead of me two yrs ago.

Glad I JUST got on a list. lol

#2663 1 year ago

If anyone wonders how a "day one" order is a year behind, this is how lol.

I truly wonder how many distros have "put me on every list, you know I've got the cash for it" lists that start way before the "day one" or even "month before day one" crowd can join.

#2664 1 year ago

I put down a deposit on a Godzilla last week and I'm furious that it hasn't arrived yet. WTF, Stern?

#2665 1 year ago
    Quoted from zh2oson:

I put down a deposit on a Godzilla last week and I'm furious that it hasn't arrived yet. WTF, Stern?

This is a joke right?

#2666 1 year ago
    Quoted from shanksfornothin:

This is a joke right?

stare-glare.gifstare-glare.gif

#2667 1 year ago

Confirmation that Godzilla premium shipped today. FedEx tracking says delivery by Tuesday!

#2668 1 year ago

There seem to be quite a few Godzilla Premiums on the market right now, still 1.5 - 2k over MSRP but that is a lot of capital tied up in machines that are on the line. Here's hoping this is a break point.

#2669 1 year ago
    Quoted from JToeps:

There seem to be quite a few Godzilla Premiums on the market right now, still 1.5 - 2k over MSRP but that is a lot of capital tied up in machines that are on the line. Here's hoping this is a break point.

Yes and some sellers have dropped price. I think this is a good sign.

#2670 1 year ago
    Quoted from JToeps:

There’s still so many people that have still not got day 1 orders on GZ premium. I hope you’re right and I hope any day 1 orders are finally fulfilled with this run, but honestly the demand is so much higher than any other game and there are soooo many orders out on this game. I mean they’re still getting new orders in all the time and telling people 2023 or 2024 possibly and it’s not detecting new orders… the other games my slow down and get caught up on but I think that GZ premium is going to stay high for quite some time.

#2671 1 year ago
    Quoted from JToeps:

I don’t see GZ premiums ever dropping below $11k years from now when they are no longer being produced. Also, likely new premiums will be $10k plus come 2024 so $11k may seem like a bargain for a NIB in hindsight. Too many people hoping to find one for $9k these days, me included.

#2672 1 year ago

Just got the notice for a jp premium pickup

#2673 1 year ago

oh for sure. I wouldn't be surprised if the next cornerstone comes with a price hike and GZ is going to be in demand (and on the line) for a while yet. Still good to see the 2k+ pins sitting on the market.

Quoted from pinballjah:

I don’t see GZ premiums ever dropping below $11k years from now when they are no longer being produced. Also, likely new premiums will be $10k plus come 2024 so $11k may seem like a bargain for a NIB in hindsight. Too many people hoping to find one for $9k these days, me included.

#2674 1 year ago

Does anyone know if the next run of #star-wars-stern-le will have Insider Connected and/or any minor changes/fixes?

#2675 1 year ago
    Quoted from WildRover:

Does anyone know if the next run of Star Wars (Premium/LE) will have Insider Connected and/or any minor changes/fixes?

It will have insider connected. Not sure on changes

#2676 1 year ago

Keep an eye on recent NIB builds with playfield glass that’s impossible to remove. Both my Jp and DP are damn near impossible to remove

#2677 1 year ago

Be patient for your Godzillas! Just reached out to Automated for my monthly update. He said I should hear from him in a few weeks. I was a November order and was originally his March allotment. They must have Godzilla on the line for a few weeks based upon his comment. Fingers crossed.

#2678 1 year ago
    Quoted from mbl1116:

Keep an eye on recent NIB builds with playfield glass that’s impossible to remove. Both my Jp and DP are damn near impossible to remove

Yes, my BM66 from the final run in December 2021 has this issue as well. I've never had a playfield glass be that difficult to remove. Very happy to have gotten the game though.

#2679 1 year ago
    Quoted from mbl1116:

Just received my JP built two weeks ago. Playfield glass is very easy to remove. So, fwiw, it’s not happening with every game off the line.

#2680 1 year ago
    Quoted from scootss:

Just received my JP built two weeks ago. Playfield glass is very easy to remove. So, fwiw, it’s not happening with every game off the line.

Interesting, my JP build date is May 24 and my DP us May 18 and they both are really tight..to the point where i needed a suction cup to even get the DP to move an inch

#2681 1 year ago
    Quoted from mbl1116:

Interesting, my JP build date is May 24 and my DP us May 18 and they both are really tight..to the point where i needed a suction cup to even get the DP to move an inch

Is it possibly due to humidity? It’s pretty humid in Jersey currently? Hopefully is shrinks

#2682 1 year ago
    Quoted from mbl1116:

It is kind of pot luck, but on balance most of the recent NIB Stern machines I've received have glass that is a little to a lot too tight.

Quoted from RabanzZ28:

Is it possibly due to humidity? It’s pretty humid in Jersey currently? Hopefully is shrinks

We have little humidity in the central valley of CA, so it's not that. Loosening the rails and bending slightly helps, but it's a pain.

#2683 1 year ago
    Quoted from mbl1116:

I've had this issue on Mando Pro. It's a nightmare getting it off. Rush Pro I had trouble getting the glass to seat properly once removed.

#2684 1 year ago
    Quoted from PinMonk:

It is kind of pot luck, but on balance most of the recent NIB Stern machines I've received have glass that is a little to a lot too tight.

We have little humidity in the central valley of CA, so it's not that. Loosening the rails and bending slightly helps, but it's a pain.

There was this at the factory about a month ago ¯\_(ツ)_/¯ My JP with a 5/18 build is tight as hell.

Untitled (resized).jpgUntitled (resized).jpg
    #2685 1 year ago

The glass was also very hard to remove on my October build GZ. There have been reports of that throughout the production, so it's not related to any recent weather conditions. The glass actually started shaving away the plastic channels on the sides a little at a time when I would push the glass back in, and after a few dozen times it's nearly normal now.

#2686 1 year ago

I guess my question would be, if we’re having this much trouble getting the glass off, they must have had an equally tough time getting it on in the factory

But oh well, keep the line moving i guess

#2687 1 year ago
    Quoted from Pin_Fandango:

We need to stop with catastrophic claims as if the world was ending lol

Quoted from Betelgeuse:

The glass was also very hard to remove on my October build GZ. There have been reports of that throughout the production, so it's not related to any recent weather conditions. The glass actually started shaving away the plastic channels on the sides a little at a time when I would push the glass back in, and after a few dozen times it's nearly normal now.

You can open up a support case. I was told the plastic guides are too close, and they can send you new ones. I had the issue on my Mando, and my distro help resolve.

I also believe the more people who report a issue like this ensures that Stern takes steps to resolve the issue.

#2688 1 year ago

Both JP Prem and GZ Prem both have glass that's easy to remove. No the glass doesn't fall out on it's own like my three B/W machines once you remove the lock down bar. The glass stays and then it's easy to slide out. March 22 build for GZ, May 20 for JP.

#2689 1 year ago
    Quoted from robnotto:

You can open up a support case. I was told the plastic guides are too close, and they can send you new ones. I had the issue on my Mando, and my distro help resolve.
    I also believe the more people who report a issue like this ensures that Stern takes steps to resolve the issue.

Same with zeppelin bi got last year. Far too tight

#2690 1 year ago
    Quoted from robnotto:

Thanks, but I just spent 6+ months trying to get a replacement for a damaged decal, so I think I'll let the glass thing slide at this point.

#2691 1 year ago
    Quoted from Betelgeuse:

Thanks, but I just spent 6+ months trying to get a replacement for a damaged decal, so I think I'll let the glass thing slide at this point.

I think you mean you'll let it not slide (cause it's stuck...)

#2692 1 year ago
    Quoted from KSP1138:There was this at the factory about a month ago ¯\_(ツ)_/¯ My JP with a 5/18 build is tight as hell.
    [quoted image]

It's been going on long before they got flooded.

#2693 1 year ago
    Quoted from Sorokyl:

I think you mean you'll let it not slide (cause it's stuck...)

Lol good one

#2694 1 year ago
    Quoted from PinMonk:

The metal side rails on mine were screwed into the cabinet really friggin' tight. After taking the plastic channels out and putting them back on after confirming I couldn't adjust them much, I just didn't tighten the metal side rails down as much (what I think you meant by loosening the rails). And now I can slide the glass in and out normally again.

Knowing what I know now, what I'd try for those having issues with the glass is just loosening the 2 middle screws on the metal side rails.

#2695 1 year ago
    Quoted from PinMonk:

It's been going on long before they got flooded.

I’ve got a GZ LE that was super tight but it’s loosened up a bit over the past six months or so. Mando is also pretty tight. Haven’t really checked cabinet square on those but I did have a different (non stern) pin whose cabinet went way out of square depending on how I leveled it (was level and could no longer fit the lockdown because the glass was not sliding up squarely). I didn’t notice it being tighter but logically it should have. Re-leveled and cabinet squared back out. Could just be minor channel material difference or channel position variations… wouldn’t think glass would be the issue but I haven’t tried swapping.

#2696 1 year ago
    Quoted from RabanzZ28:

Be patient for your Godzillas! Just reached out to Automated for my monthly update. He said I should hear from him in a few weeks. I was a November order and was originally his March allotment. They must have Godzilla on the line for a few weeks based upon his comment. Fingers crossed.

GZ premiums for a few weeks?!?

#2697 1 year ago
    Quoted from shanksfornothin:

GZ premiums for a few weeks?!?

Hopefully - need to chop down the wait lists I'm on.

#2698 1 year ago

My Godzilla Premium shipped Thursday. Day one order after watching Elwin play on Jack Danger stream.

#2699 1 year ago
    Quoted from Walk:

My Godzilla Premium shipped Thursday. Day one order after watching Elwin play on Jack Danger stream.

Great game, can't wait for mine. Enjoy

#2700 1 year ago

Anybody seen anything Stern has put out for production of Q3/Q4 or will they wait until they release the new cornerstone to put that out? Saw on the last page that Maiden may be back in production? I would love to grab one of those at MSRP.

There are 8,159 posts in this topic. You are on page 54 of 164.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/what-is-on-the-line-at-stern-pinball-delays/page/54?hl=ksp1138 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.