Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 8,175 posts
  • 859 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 38 minutes ago by big-c66
  • Topic is favorited by 532 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

glasses.gif
    nedry.gif
    snaps.gif
    Screenshot_20240318_201633_Chrome (resized).jpg
    IMG_8074 (resized).jpeg
    download (resized).jpeg
    7136153e-4781-4514-8f75-26077beb0e35-1655665323130 (resized).jpg
    designer-delays (resized).png
    image000000 (resized).jpeg
    IMG_1455.gif
    Skinner (resized).png
    26CDA9FF-5625-4BC0-AECC-1FF8C139FBFB (resized).jpeg
    pasted_image (resized).png
    IMG_5780 (resized).png
    bobbymcgeestub.png
    JT.gif
    There are 8,175 posts in this topic. You are on page 51 of 164.
    #2501 1 year ago
    Quoted from TheClownpuncher:

At this point I have to wonder when distributors will/should stop taking $1k deposits.
    I get it, they want to ensure the games they order are sold but it seems they can't get near enough to fill the orders/deposits. Seems kind of dirty that they take a deposit on a game that can take up to 2 years to deliver.
    Either quit taking them or at least give the option of a refund after a run is complete to those who didn't receive their game.
    Even car dealers I've talked to have stopped taking deposits on special orders. Last year, they didn't charge a deposit until the car was on the manufacturing line. This year, they don't care because they can sell it for a markup so they don't take any deposit. If you don't want it when it comes in, no biggie to them, they'll sell it.

Confirmed one is coming from stern, other one I'm #26

#2502 1 year ago
    Quoted from WeirPinball:

Confirmed one is coming from stern, other one I'm #26

When did you place your two orders?

#2503 1 year ago

At this point I have to wonder when distributors will/should stop taking $1k deposits.
    I get it, they want to ensure the games they order are sold but it seems they can't get near enough to fill the orders/deposits. Seems kind of dirty that they take a deposit on a game that can take up to 2 years to deliver.
    Either quit taking them or at least give the option of a refund after a run is complete to those who didn't receive their game.
    Even car dealers I've talked to have stopped taking deposits on special orders. Last year, they didn't charge a deposit until the car was on the manufacturing line. This year, they don't care because they can sell it for a markup so they don't take any deposit. If you don't want it when it comes in, no biggie to them, they'll sell it.

You can't expect them to give up a free 18 month interest free loan !

#2504 1 year ago
    Quoted from Fsdre:

When did you place your two orders?

the one I'm getting April 1st, the other March 18th

#2505 1 year ago
    Quoted from WeirPinball:

the one I'm getting April 1st, the other March 18th

from this year with CT?

#2506 1 year ago

Do you hear of stories of people not able to get deposits back? I bet most will return a deposit if you get passed over... heck I bet most will return a deposit as long as the distributor hasn't sent payment.

#2507 1 year ago
    Quoted from Fsdre:

from this year with CT?

This year never ordered (other than alien) from CT never will

#2508 1 year ago
    Quoted from flynnibus:

Do you hear of stories of people not able to get deposits back? I bet most will return a deposit if you get passed over... heck I bet most will return a deposit as long as the distributor hasn't sent payment.

Be very careful - some offer fully refundable if you canx, others are non-refundable. Ask questions before plopping down a grand.

#2509 1 year ago
    Quoted from WeirPinball:Be very careful - some offer fully refundable if you canx, others are non-refundable. Ask questions before plopping down a grand.

Yup that's right...... and I bet once everyone is caught up, the norm will become nonrefundable.

#2510 1 year ago
    Quoted from WeirPinball:

Be very careful - some offer fully refundable if you canx, others are non-refundable. Ask questions before plopping down a grand.

So again...
    Do you hear of stories of people not able to get deposits back?

And I'm talking Stern games here... not boutiques, not pre-orders, etc.

#2511 1 year ago

Marco is advertising DP, AIQ and rush show games for sale at NW pinball show june 3-5 for anyone interested….

#2512 1 year ago

Sounds like cointaker oversold big time, sucks for all the people waiting a year + for games from them. I have a friend that ordered a DP Premium from JJ/GEX in mid April and got it this week.

#2513 1 year ago
    Quoted from flynnibus:

So again...
    Do you hear of stories of people not able to get deposits back?
    And I'm talking Stern games here... not boutiques, not pre-orders, etc.

And I'm saying I've been told before making a preorder deposit it was NOT refundable (on stern games). Have I ever lost out - not yet, but I am careful using that distributor.

#2514 1 year ago
    Quoted from WeirPinball:

And I'm saying I've been told before making a preorder deposit it was NOT refundable (on stern games). Have I ever lost out - not yet, but I am careful using that distributor.

Absolutely no reason a deposit should be non-refundable in this market. Please let us all know which distributor never to use

#2515 1 year ago
    Quoted from mbl1116:

Absolutely no reason a deposit should be non-refundable in this market. Please let us all know which distributor never to use

Not going to blast a distro - they have come through for me when I needed a game.

#2516 1 year ago
    Quoted from Billygrippo:

Marco is advertising DP, AIQ and rush show games for sale at NW pinball show june 3-5 for anyone interested….

They do not have any DPs available despite what is listed in their promo email. Just FYI.

#2517 1 year ago
    Quoted from WeirPinball:

So you’re saying if stern quits making a game that you had a deposit on, your distributor has the right to keep your deposit and say “ ope, sorry”?

#2518 1 year ago

For anyone who doesn't want to scroll through a bunch of talk about distros, this is what's on the line:

May 2022 - JP Premium
    May 2022 - Godzilla Pro & Premium
    May 2022 - Mando Pro
    June 2022 - Mando Premium
    June 2022 - Rush Pro & Premium
    July 2022 - JP Pro
    July 2022 - Godzilla Pro & Premium
    Aug 2022 - Star Wars Pro & Premium (original art package)
    Aug 2022 - NEW STERN CORNERSTONE
    Sep 2022 - NEW STERN CORNERSTONE
    Oct 2022 - Star Wars the pin (original & comic art)
    Oct 2022 - NEW STERN CORNERSTONE
    Nov 2022 - JP the pin
    Nov 2022 - Elvira Premium
    Dec 2022 - TMNT Pro & Premium

#2519 1 year ago
    Quoted from JackG:

For anyone who doesn't want to scroll through a bunch of talk about distros, this is what's on the line:
    May 2022 - JP Premium
    May 2022 - Mando Pro
    July 2022 - JP Pro
    Nov 2022 - JP the pin

Thanks JackG!!

That looks like a solid end of year schedule, great to see the cornerstone fill out the calendar.
    Very nice

Now if they would drop those "the pin" times and build more EHOH's.

#2520 1 year ago

JP premium invoiced today, order date of 3/9/22.
    GZ premium delivered 4/14, ordered 1/29

Spend an hour or two calling around the Stern official distro list (focus on the smaller guys), subscribe to their email lists…worth your time

#2521 1 year ago
    Quoted from mbl1116:

JP premium invoiced today, order date of 3/9/22.
    GZ premium delivered 4/14, ordered 1/29
    Spend an hour or two calling around the Stern official distro list (focus on the smaller guys), subscribe to their email lists…worth your time

That’s wild!! I’m new to the hobby, waiting on my first pin. Good to know for next time!

#2522 1 year ago

Just got notice from my distributor that my Zilla pro should be shipping from stern tommorow

Picked up my Deadpool Pro today from my local distributor! What a week for new pins

#2523 1 year ago

That’s awesome it’s the first I’ve heard of Godzilla pros going out. That’s what I’m waiting for also.

Quoted from DigitalJedi084:

Just got notice from my distributor that my Zilla pro should be shipping from stern tommorow
    Picked up my Deadpool Pro today from my local distributor! What a week for new pins

#2524 1 year ago
    Quoted from DigitalJedi084:

Congratulations! Woo Hoo!

Go Stern Go!!!

#2525 1 year ago

Oh the horror!

#2526 1 year ago
    Quoted from tp:

Just unboxed yesterday. Dead pool premium..
    Looking for....
    Newer build alien without issues
    Newer build Rick n morty
    Afmrle
    low play 1 owner woz newer light boards
    Or cash on the glass.[quoted image]

And this is in the “What’s on the line at Stern” thread why exactly??? Don’t waste our time, go make a for sale/trade ad.

#2527 1 year ago
    Quoted from tp:

Looking for....
    Newer build Rick n morty
    Afmrle

Man Deadpool is better than all of the those games combined.

#2528 1 year ago
    Quoted from RobF:

They do not have any DPs available despite what is listed in their promo email. Just FYI.

They did, they just didn’t have many and it sold out quickly.

#2529 1 year ago
    Quoted from tp:

Looking for....
    Newer build Rick n morty
    Afmrle

Thanks for advertising your role in being part of the problem.

Quoted from LeMansFan:

And this is in the “What’s on the line at Stern” thread why exactly??? Don’t waste our time, go make a for sale/trade ad.

^^ Exactly ^^

#2530 1 year ago
    Quoted from tp:

Looking for....
    Newer build Rick n morty
    Afmrle

That was such a rude thing to put in this thread. If you want to put it on marketplace, cool do that. But to put it here where a lot of people didn’t make the cut for this last run with no ETA on another run. That’s just salt in a wound and as stated by others already….part of the problem. Like I said go to marketplace with this… do you. Make your money or trade or whatever but don’t do it here….not cool

#2531 1 year ago
    Quoted from pinheadpierre:

Thanks for advertising your role in being part of the problem.

^^ Exactly ^^

Why am I part of the problem. Bought a Deadpool premium because I owned one in the past and missed it. Set it up and decided I didn't miss it as much as I thought.

As for posting in this thread... thought others that didn't get one might be interested in mine at msrp. If I wanted to jack the price up I'd make a forsale ad like all the other d×÷kh#$d$.

Nothing wrong with trying to trade for other ridiculously priced pins with a highly rated and sought after pin.

For all the downvoters go stick a dick in your mouth and chew on that for awhile. Better yet...find a better distributor.

#2532 1 year ago

Gonna be hard to sell/trade when you’ve been banned…

#2534 1 year ago

at least four of in in central ohio waiting on Godzilla premium. thank goodness I got a STTNG to tide me over. the waiting..........

#2535 1 year ago
    Quoted from tp:

Why am I part of the problem. Bought a Deadpool premium because I owned one in the past and missed it. Set it up and decided I didn't miss it as much as I thought.
    As for posting in this thread... thought others that didn't get one might be interested in mine at msrp. If I wanted to jack the price up I'd make a forsale ad like all the other d×÷kh#$d$.
    Nothing wrong with trying to trade for other ridiculously priced pins with a highly rated and sought after pin.
    For all the downvoters go stick a dick in your mouth and chew on that for awhile. Better yet...find a better distributor.

I see your point and you may be right that someone who missed out would pay you MSRP for your new Deadpool Premium.

But considering you didn't put "MSRP", or any price for that matter, with your cash on the glass statement and you want to trade for games that all go for considerably more than a NIB MSRP DP, you kind of come across as a scalping douche bag, in the wrong thread.

#2536 1 year ago
    Quoted from mbl1116:

Has anyone heard from Automated/pinballs.com regarding a JP premium?

I know they ghosted me on my replacement playfield. Lol.

#2537 1 year ago

Had to sell my Deadpool pro

Picked up a premium

AF240596-88FB-486B-A577-D6DF42E065F9 (resized).jpegAF240596-88FB-486B-A577-D6DF42E065F9 (resized).jpeg
    #2538 1 year ago

Got my payment notification from Game Exchange for JP premium. Ordered in Sept!

#2539 1 year ago

If anyone is waiting endlessly on a DP pro I’ll let mine go in Rhode Island for a reasonable price. It’s been on location from 4pm-9pm for the past six months. It’s in nice shape cleaned once weekly and waxed once a month. I’m the second owner. We have too many superhero pins in here. I’m also open to trades. Pm me.

#2540 1 year ago

Not liking how this thread is taking a turn into semi-predatory, unofficial for sale ads. Folks here probably look at the marketplace, too. If you have a game to sell, take it to the marketplace. Don’t bring it here! This isn’t a “for sale” thread. Not helpful.

#2541 1 year ago

Getting a Deadpool Premium tomorrow. If anyone is interested, it is not for sale.

#2542 1 year ago

So,
    What’s on the line at Stern?

#2543 1 year ago

Oh my bad I’ll just go F myself then. There’s a lot of people looking for a DP so I figured I’d throw it out there. Nothing predatory about offering up a nice clean softly routed DP for $5k even. I’ll just keep it on location earning. Don’t pm me. Offer revoked.

…rude. Here I am thinking I’m being helpful to the community.

Quoted from pinheadpierre:

Not liking how this thread is taking a turn into semi-predatory, unofficial for sale ads. Folks here probably look at the marketplace, too. If you have a game to sell, take it to the marketplace. Don’t bring it here! This isn’t a “for sale” thread. Not helpful.

#2544 1 year ago
    Quoted from Apollo18:

So,
    What’s on the line at Stern?

May 2022 - JP Premium
    May 2022 - Mando Pro
    July 2022 - JP Pro
    Nov 2022 - JP the pin

#2545 1 year ago
    Quoted from WildRover:

May 2022 - JP Premium
    May 2022 - Mando Pro
    July 2022 - JP Pro
    Nov 2022 - JP the pin

So are we to think Stern is making JP Prems until the end of the month?

#2546 1 year ago
    Quoted from qbass187:

I wish - but I don't think it will be on the line that long. May already be done.

#2547 1 year ago
    Quoted from qbass187:

People are getting notifications of Godzilla Pro right now, so best guess is that JP Premiums are being boxed up now.

#2548 1 year ago

Quoted from WildRover:

May 2022 - JP Premium
    May 2022 - Mando Pro
    July 2022 - JP Pro
    Nov 2022 - JP the pin

Looking at this I'm starting to like my theory that they've been stockpiling parts for a new cornerstone since March (when they decided to omit one) I hope it's a good title if that's the case.
    Otherwise, how in the world are they going to run a new game for 3 solid months. Or, is that just filler because nothing else is confirmed for that time frame?

#2549 1 year ago
    Quoted from YZRider926:

Getting a Deadpool Premium tomorrow. If anyone is interested, it is not for sale.

That cracked me up, good one.

#2550 1 year ago
    Quoted from mpdpvdpin:

If anyone is waiting endlessly on a DP pro I’ll let mine go in Rhode Island for a reasonable price. It’s been on location from 4pm-9pm for the past six months. It’s in nice shape cleaned once weekly and waxed once a month. I’m the second owner. We have too many superhero pins in here. I’m also open to trades. Pm me.

I’m not here to start a fight, but I thought your post was helpful and in good spirit for the community of this thread and even though I’m not interested in a DP I appreciate you sir!

There are 8,175 posts in this topic. You are on page 51 of 164.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/what-is-on-the-line-at-stern-pinball-delays/page/51?hl=buffalo_rf and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.