Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 8,163 posts
  • 858 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 3 minutes ago by big-c66
  • Topic is favorited by 532 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

glasses.gif
    nedry.gif
    snaps.gif
    Screenshot_20240318_201633_Chrome (resized).jpg
    IMG_8074 (resized).jpeg
    download (resized).jpeg
    7136153e-4781-4514-8f75-26077beb0e35-1655665323130 (resized).jpg
    designer-delays (resized).png
    image000000 (resized).jpeg
    IMG_1455.gif
    Skinner (resized).png
    26CDA9FF-5625-4BC0-AECC-1FF8C139FBFB (resized).jpeg
    pasted_image (resized).png
    IMG_5780 (resized).png
    bobbymcgeestub.png
    JT.gif
    There are 8,163 posts in this topic. You are on page 50 of 164.
    #2451 1 year ago

All of this is just very depressing! Do you think they will honor all of the preorders if a game like JP doesn't have any more official runs as of now? Like would the distributor just give you a refund, has that every happened before?

For example,
    I am confused how no other sites are really taking preorders on Jurassic Park but cointaker still is when there are no more runs scheduled and people who were on this run didn't get one?

#2452 1 year ago
    Quoted from RTS:

Melissa sent me an email today saying if an order is taken on a GZ premium today, it would be available late 2023 - early 2024.
    I thought it was a typo, but when I followed up, she confirmed those dates.
    So it's a year and a half wait in her best case scenario.

Lol!!!

#2453 1 year ago

I just got a shipping notice for a JP premium. From the tracking it looks like it is being drop shipped from Stern and was picked up there on Friday. It's currently sitting at a freight depot by O'Hare.

I ordered it early last month after finding a smaller distributor that had one available in the then April run. I was previously in limbo for months on a Mando premium from a larger distributor, and had to eat a price increase as a result, so my take away from that experience was to check around and find a distributor that can provide a more definite commitment.

#2454 1 year ago
    Quoted from Fsdre:

All of this is just very depressing! Do you think they will honor all of the preorders if a game like JP doesn't have any more official runs as of now? Like would the distributor just give you a refund, has that every happened before?
    For example,
    I am confused how no other sites are really taking preorders on Jurassic Park but cointaker still is when there are no more runs scheduled and people who were on this run didn't get one?

There's another run scheduled for July. I got on the list for a JP prem back in NOV and was supposed to get mine in the April run that got pushed back to July. According to my vendor im "top of the list" and am still on track for mid July. So I think anyone who's been waiting as long as you have a good chance of getting it then. Fingers crossed

#2456 1 year ago

Just got word that my JP Prem is shipping. Got the invoice! Was getting nervous that I didn't make the cut. Ordered Nov 1st 2021.

#2457 1 year ago

Hot off the line and into my car.

20220524_122852 (resized).jpg20220524_122852 (resized).jpg
    #2458 1 year ago
    Quoted from tp:

[quoted image]

Nice, good to see they are still on the line

#2459 1 year ago
    Quoted from tp:

[quoted image]

Mine is due tomorrow - still hoping for a JP notice this week

#2460 1 year ago

My deadpool premium will be here any second and have confirmed that my jp premium will be in the July run so definitely loving stern taking care of us backorders.

#2461 1 year ago
    Quoted from qbass187:

Yeah, CT is not a good option these days.

This is where the system is flawed. Why should I as a consumer not be able to pick the distributor I want, simply because Stern doesnt supply them with enough games to meet their orders at a reasonable pace. In this case picking a distributor that is close to me and getting local delivery and/or white glove delivery. This also gives the distributor the ability to check the game before delivering to me. Instead, now I have to order from whatever distributor can get it to me fastest which will likely be a drop ship or ship from out of state. Stern might as well just let me order direct from them.

#2462 1 year ago
    Quoted from tacreno:

This is where the system is flawed. Why should I as a consumer not be able to pick the distributor I want, simply because Stern doesnt supply them with enough games to meet their orders at a reasonable pace. In this case picking a distributor that is close to me and getting local delivery and/or white glove delivery. This also gives the distributor the ability to check the game before delivering to me. Instead, now I have to order from whatever distributor can get it to me fastest which will likely be a drop ship or ship from out of state. Stern might as well just let me order direct from them.

While I don't disagree with you my counter here is, demand has never been this strong for this long. The model as it stands today wasn't an issue when supply met demand but now that demand has exceeded supply by such a large margin the flaws become exposed.

Jeff

#2463 1 year ago
    Quoted from tacreno:

It’s gotten to where picking a distributor is like picking a line at the grocery store, no ones fault but sometimes you get screwed.

#2464 1 year ago
    Quoted from tacreno:

You mean like when you goto a store... find they don't have any of the item you want, and then you goto another store, and buy there because they do have stock?

Not sure how you expect a distributor to be guaranteed inventory just because that's the one you want to order from. Availability is not just about distributor A vs distributor B.

You want a retail experience - you should stick to buying from distributors that offer it. Because you're going to really disappoint yourself if you just buy based on speed and not what you really value.

#2465 1 year ago

Grabbed this from the local Freight Depot earlier today.

A866450A-F36D-4B38-A0E2-EEE6762D5F0A (resized).jpegA866450A-F36D-4B38-A0E2-EEE6762D5F0A (resized).jpegF7863FF7-A39D-4892-AD81-B08E86093A01 (resized).jpegF7863FF7-A39D-4892-AD81-B08E86093A01 (resized).jpeg
    #2466 1 year ago

Got notice that my JP premium is in. Delivery scheduled for tomorrow. Ordered late Aug. 2021

#2467 1 year ago
    Quoted from tacreno:

CT is taking $1 deposits on GZ Premium. Only one i found doing that. Many places are taking $1000 deposits still, even though they've sold out of all known allocation.

Everyone that comes across CT will put down that deposit, why not. But you can't put $1000 down with every other distributor.

You can't expect Stern to give all their allocation to CT just because "hey i presold 1000 of them!"...

#2468 1 year ago
    Quoted from flynnibus:

You mean like when you goto a store... find they don't have any of the item you want, and then you goto another store, and buy there because they do have stock?
    Not sure how you expect a distributor to be guaranteed inventory just because that's the one you want to order from. Availability is not just about distributor A vs distributor B.
    You want a retail experience - you should stick to buying from distributors that offer it. Because you're going to really disappoint yourself if you just buy based on speed and not what you really value.

Quoted from Sorokyl:

CT is taking $1 deposits on GZ Premium. Only one i found doing that. Many places are taking $1000 deposits still, even though they've sold out of all known allocation.
    Everyone that comes across CT will put down that deposit, why not. But you can't put $1000 down with every other distributor.
    You can't expect Stern to give all their allocation to CT just because "hey i presold 1000 of them!"...

Valid points, I guess I'm just salty for having to wait so long.

#2469 1 year ago

Cointaker invoice received yesterday for JP Premium. Ordered July '21.

#2470 1 year ago

So, do we have any word on if the July run of JP is still happening? I ordered in Jan of this year through CT for a premium and wondering whether to anticipate a game this year.

#2471 1 year ago
    Quoted from tacreno:

Valid points, I guess I'm just salty for having to wait so long.

You’re not completely wrong, Godzilla is the only game they are taking $1 deposits on. I’ve got $1k deposits on two others that I’d guess they oversold (since I haven’t heard anything about my DP). There doesnt seem to be a cutoff where they stop taking new deposits. Might not be their fault, no idea if they have some reasonable expected allocations that they base deposits on.

#2472 1 year ago
    Quoted from SgtPin18:

So, do we have any word on if the July run of JP is still happening? I ordered in Jan of this year through CT for a premium and wondering whether to anticipate a game this year.

I was wondering the same thing?

#2473 1 year ago
    Quoted from jeffro01:

... demand has never been this strong for this long. The model as it stands today wasn't an issue when supply met demand but now that demand has exceeded supply by such a large margin the flaws become exposed.
    Jeff

It is not just this title. It is a bunch of them.

#2474 1 year ago

Updates on the schedule. Deadpool should be off the line and shipping. JP Premium were a surprise move up from July. There's still a chance they might run a small amount more in July, but talk to your distributor if you aren't getting it in the coming weeks and have one on order. Somehow Godzilla and Mando are being run either this week or next, but we'll see.

May 2022 - JP Premium
    May 2022 - Godzilla Pro & Premium
    May 2022 - Mando Pro
    June 2022 - Mando Premium
    June 2022 - Rush Pro & Premium
    July 2022 - JP Pro
    July 2022 - Godzilla Pro & Premium
    Aug 2022 - Star Wars Pro & Premium (original art package)
    Aug 2022 - NEW STERN CORNERSTONE
    Sep 2022 - NEW STERN CORNERSTONE
    Oct 2022 - Star Wars the pin (original & comic art)
    Oct 2022 - NEW STERN CORNERSTONE
    Nov 2022 - JP the pin
    Nov 2022 - Elvira Premium
    Dec 2022 - TMNT Pro & Premium

#2475 1 year ago

Has anyone heard from Automated/pinballs.com regarding a JP premium?

#2476 1 year ago

Got an update, my Deadpool Pro is in and shipping. It should arrive next week.

Quoted from Pinbolls:

Same thing happened with DP Pro for me. I was told I would be in this run, but apparently Cointaker didn't get as many as they were expecting.

#2477 1 year ago
    Quoted from mbl1116:

Has anyone heard from Automated/pinballs.com regarding a JP premium?

+1

#2478 1 year ago

Congrats! I’m curious, when did you place your order?

Quoted from Pinbolls:

Got an update, my Deadpool Pro is in and shipping. It should arrive next week.

#2479 1 year ago

Anyone else confused by the production update on the pinball show podcast yesterday? Zach said DP premiums last week, JP premiums this week, but also GZ pro and premiums and mando premiums…then the regular scheduled stuff in June/July? Sooooo are they supposed to run 4 different games this week?? I’m confused. Maybe I’m hearing it wrong…

#2480 1 year ago

I took it this way, DP finishing up the 13th into the week of the 16th and starting JP that week ending the 20th, then finishing up those this week and starting Godzilla and maybe start running mando middle of next week for June. That seems to be what’s going on based on people getting invoices. Although I haven’t seen anyone get Godzilla Pro or Prem notices this week yet maybe they will start rolling out today.

Quoted from shanksfornothin:

Anyone else confused by the production update on the pinball show podcast yesterday? Zach said DP premiums last week, JP premiums this week, but also GZ pro and premiums and mando premiums…then the regular scheduled stuff in June/July? Sooooo are they supposed to run 4 different games this week?? I’m confused. Maybe I’m hearing it wrong…

#2481 1 year ago
    Quoted from SgtPin18:

On The Pinball Show (ep 100) Zach said that the May run of premiums was meant to be almost all of the premium run. Pros to come in July and whatever mop up of premiums remain. But doesn't sound like another "full" run of premiums.

#2482 1 year ago

If I ordered a jp premium right now, who's the best distributor to go with, do you suppose? Like, time frame wise?

#2483 1 year ago

Sorry, were you saying you also want to know this? Or that you received word of shipping

#2484 1 year ago

My JP pre was ordered in Oct 2021. I was given a May 2022 guarantee. That got moved to August 2022. Yesterday the distributor told me they were only getting 8 from this allocation and I was not making that cut. So between that and info upthread indicating late 2023/early 2024 for the next JP pre run, that's really discouraging, since I bought all the mods, cliffys and accessories about a month ago prior to the delay announcement. If that's how it pans out, a 2-2.5 year lead time on a new ordered pin is pretty nuts.

#2485 1 year ago
    Quoted from PinRat:

that's really discouraging, since I bought all the mods, cliffys and accessories about a month ago

I'm feeling you, same thing happened with my DP Premium, ordered exactly a year ago. I didn't make the cut of the latest run, and I've got armor, Cliffies, plastic protectors, a katana handle, and a topper, all just sitting in a dusty pile in my game room. Sucks.

#2486 1 year ago
    Quoted from PinRat:

My JP pre was ordered in Oct 2021. I was given a May 2022 guarantee. That got moved to August 2022. Yesterday the distributor told me they were only getting 8 from this allocation and I was not making that cut. So between that and info upthread indicating late 2023/early 2024 for the next JP pre run, that's really discouraging, since I bought all the mods, cliffys and accessories about a month ago prior to the delay announcement. If that's how it pans out, a 2-2.5 year lead time on a new ordered pin is pretty nuts.

Jesus. Wtf. I'm sorry to hear this.

#2487 1 year ago
    Quoted from mbl1116:

Sorry, were you saying you also want to know this? Or that you received word of shipping

The former.

#2488 1 year ago

I only bought one mod ,it's a wire used to suspend a dinosaur from my JP playfield. Hopefully I can sell it if I never get a JP !

Screenshot_20220525-101109-193 (resized).pngScreenshot_20220525-101109-193 (resized).png
    #2489 1 year ago
    Quoted from ralphs007:

I only bought one mod

At least you're not much into it cash wise I think I have over 1500 in mine between topper, side armor, shooter rod & plate, side blades, and a bunch of other aesthetic stuff from various places. Then again if it takes that long to get a game I may be happy I have it at all because it may get a lot harder to find some of those things

#2490 1 year ago
    Quoted from KneeKickLou:

I took it this way, DP finishing up the 13th into the week of the 16th and starting JP that week ending the 20th, then finishing up those this week and starting Godzilla and maybe start running mando middle of next week for June. That seems to be what’s going on based on people getting invoices. Although I haven’t seen anyone get Godzilla Pro or Prem notices this week yet maybe they will start rolling out today.

That makes much more sense thank you. I hope the GZ start rolling in I’ve got my fingers crossed it’s finally my turn.
    All the JP and DP stories of not making the cut are so sad! I can’t believe they aren’t having another run of either the rest of the year. I also can’t believe there is no news on toppers for any of the newer pins. I figured the profit margins on those were so high they would be overjoyed to make tons of those and get them out the door before more new pins come out and the market for the topper as some-what passed.

#2491 1 year ago

Best thread on pinside! Because of this thread I now have a Deadpool Premium waiting for me to go pick up!

#2492 1 year ago
    Quoted from PinRat:

My JP pre was ordered in Oct 2021. I was given a May 2022 guarantee.

Unfortunately, no distributor can guarantee a date like this. I ordered mine in July '21 and was told August '21. I'm just now getting it in May.

Stern changes when they will run pins and distributors don't know how many they will get (especially 9 months out) when they finally do arrive.

Quoted from Doctor6:

If I ordered a jp premium right now, who's the best distributor to go with, do you suppose? Like, time frame wise?

If you want one in any reasonable amount of time, consider buying one of the ones that is about to flipped by people who are receiving theirs over the next week or two. Beyond that, it seems like there may be a small run in July and then nothing else guaranteed for the rest of the year.

Paying over MSRP sucks...but if you have to wait a year, there is a good chance the prices goes up from Stern directly (up another $1k?).

When I ordered mine in July, the price was $7699...now it arrives in May and MSRP is $8999. Had I bought used then, I would have spent less and had my game sooner.

If you DO want to order NIB (which I totally get), call the SMALL distributors and see what their list looks like. All the stories you see on this thread of people having short wait times seem to come from those that have ordered from the smaller distros.

#2493 1 year ago
    Quoted from scootss:

Paying over MSRP sucks...but if you have to wait a year, there is a good chance the prices goes up from Stern directly (up another $1k?).

This is what im worried about. putting money down for a game with an unknown cost with an unknown delivery date. really sucks

Quoted from scootss:

call the SMALL distributors and see what their list looks like.

The problem is, everyone is sold out of their known allocations, so they're just taking deposits or starting lists for hypothetical future production. who knows how many or when? I don't trust any ETA for "future unknown production", but I would trust the ETA of the big guys probably a little more (under the assumption they may understand better or have more info into Sterns production) I guess if distributors were willing to give you a list position that's something, but how do you compare list positions without knowing how stern will divvy up the future allocations?

#2494 1 year ago

Just got my call for JP Prem, ordered Aug 2021, should be here next week.

#2495 1 year ago
    Quoted from JackG:

Updates on the schedule. Deadpool should be off the line and shipping. JP Premium were a surprise move up from July. There's still a chance they might run a small amount more in July, but talk to your distributor if you aren't getting it in the coming weeks and have one on order. Somehow Godzilla and Mando are being run either this week or next, but we'll see.
    May 2022 - JP Premium
    May 2022 - Godzilla Pro & Premium
    May 2022 - Mando Pro
    June 2022 - Mando Premium
    June 2022 - Rush Pro & Premium
    July 2022 - JP Pro
    July 2022 - Godzilla Pro & Premium
    Aug 2022 - Star Wars Pro & Premium (original art package)
    Aug 2022 - NEW STERN CORNERSTONE
    Sep 2022 - NEW STERN CORNERSTONE
    Oct 2022 - Star Wars the pin (original & comic art)
    Oct 2022 - NEW STERN CORNERSTONE
    Nov 2022 - JP the pin
    Nov 2022 - Elvira Premium
    Dec 2022 - TMNT Pro & Premium

According to Flip n out pinball website, there will be a run of Avengers later this year.

C2ED621C-2F5D-4F6F-AD9F-363A87D83331 (resized).jpegC2ED621C-2F5D-4F6F-AD9F-363A87D83331 (resized).jpeg
    #2496 1 year ago
    Quoted from Eskaybee:

According to Flip n out pinball website, there will be a run of Avengers later this year. [quoted image]

I have noticed in the past that it is hard to decipher on their website what is truly planned. I was actually on their site earlier today and they have conflicting information for many items, as an example:
    This shows as out of stock, but also in stock.
    pasted_image (resized).pngpasted_image (resized).png

pasted_image (resized).pngpasted_image (resized).pngpasted_image (resized).pngpasted_image (resized).png
    #2497 1 year ago

Just received my invoice for JP prem from CT. I was told it was the last 3 they were promised. Hoping everyone I talked with still waiting gets their orders fulfilled this summer.

#2498 1 year ago
    Quoted from tkur85:

Just received my invoice for JP prem from CT. I was told it was the last 3 they were promised. Hoping everyone I talked with still waiting gets their orders fulfilled this summer.

Still waiting to hear on mine. Actually have 2 coming, but one I don't think I'll get this run

#2499 1 year ago

#2500 1 year ago

At this point I have to wonder when distributors will/should stop taking $1k deposits.

I get it, they want to ensure the games they order are sold but it seems they can't get near enough to fill the orders/deposits. Seems kind of dirty that they take a deposit on a game that can take up to 2 years to deliver.

Either quit taking them or at least give the option of a refund after a run is complete to those who didn't receive their game.

Even car dealers I've talked to have stopped taking deposits on special orders. Last year, they didn't charge a deposit until the car was on the manufacturing line. This year, they don't care because they can sell it for a markup so they don't take any deposit. If you don't want it when it comes in, no biggie to them, they'll sell it.

There are 8,163 posts in this topic. You are on page 50 of 164.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/what-is-on-the-line-at-stern-pinball-delays/page/50?hl=thomas3184 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.