Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 8,090 posts
  • 853 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 38 hours ago by matt68061
  • Topic is favorited by 531 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

snaps.gif
    Screenshot_20240318_201633_Chrome (resized).jpg
    IMG_8074 (resized).jpeg
    download (resized).jpeg
    7136153e-4781-4514-8f75-26077beb0e35-1655665323130 (resized).jpg
    designer-delays (resized).png
    image000000 (resized).jpeg
    IMG_1455.gif
    Skinner (resized).png
    26CDA9FF-5625-4BC0-AECC-1FF8C139FBFB (resized).jpeg
    pasted_image (resized).png
    IMG_5780 (resized).png
    bobbymcgeestub.png
    JT.gif
    IMG_5830 (resized).jpg
    hmm-futurama.gif

There are 8,090 posts in this topic. You are on page 5 of 162.
    #201 2 years ago

I was told that STPro was supposed to be delivered to my distributor "early this week". Hoping for an invoice by Wednesday.

#202 2 years ago
    Quoted from Boatshoe:

I was told that STPro was supposed to be delivered to my distributor "early this week". Hoping for an invoice by Wednesday.

I assume distributors get some concrete LTL tracking of a shipment indicating a machine has indeed left the line and is on a truck? Aka this should be a better sign than "it's gonna come off the line any day now" re: your game? (edit: or at least as concrete as freight tracking gets, I know it's a lot more of a crapshoot than small parcel tracking).

Moreover, to get this years' pricing, does it just have to ship out of Stern vs. arrive at the distributor? That's how my distro worded it to me.

#203 2 years ago

lol. I have no idea. I told you all that the distributor told me. If the price goes up I'm going to have to back out. Based on what he said, I'm assuming that everything will work itself out in the next 5 days. If I get an invoice this week it should be 6200.

#204 2 years ago

No word on Elvira 40th. Hard to call those done thus far.

#205 2 years ago
    Quoted from RobF:

Latest from my distributor is that the small run IMVE that was scheduled in Nov/Dec has been postponed indefinitely, but with an intention of finding a time to squeeze them in. It's only a run of 75, so that is like 1 day's worth of build (plus the change overhead before and after). If parts are available for a SAM/DMD build I can imagine they have plenty of flexibility when to do this.
    More interesting is that my DPPrem order has not been ruled out for build before the end of the year. So maybe all hope is not lost for some DP Prem buyers? My order was high enough on the list to survive the availability cut in Sept that pushed roughly half of the allotment to later in 2022. So I think that's why people are getting mixed messages on potential dates. It would be good to get confirmation that Dec/Jan is still possible from another source. I am having a hard time believing it. It would be a Christmas miracle if there was a trickle of these that build out before the 2022 price jump. Does Gary participate in pinside Secret Santa? haha

Last week my distributor told me that my DP Prem is still possible by year end. I asked him on confidence and he told me it is a good sign when their shipping department lets you know that they have DP Premiums coming their way soon.

We will see.

#206 2 years ago
    Quoted from Insanity199:

Last week my distributor told me that my DP Prem is still possible by year end. I asked him on confidence and he told me it is a good sign when their shipping department lets you know that they have DP Premiums coming their way soon.
    We will see.

Awesome! Thanks for keeping hope alive!

#207 2 years ago

Still waiting for news on my DP premium.

#208 2 years ago

Info I'm getting from multiple distros in nothing out until March/April except the Elvira 40ths
    Maybe Rush will be announced?

#209 2 years ago
    Quoted from WeirPinball:

Info I'm getting from multiple distros in nothing out until March/April except the Elvira 40ths

Sounds like Stern is moving closer to the old BLY/WMS and Spooky model - just produce one title then immediately onto the next one. It’s way more efficient and cost-effective not having to retrain/retool the line and allows for ordering larger quantities of machine-specific parts. You can always throw some re-runs in if a title isn’t popular enough to make it to the next release.

I’m sure it’s just temporarily while there are parts/labor shortages. But it feels like that’s what’s happening.

#210 2 years ago
    Quoted from RobF:

Latest from my distributor is that the small run IMVE that was scheduled in Nov/Dec has been postponed indefinitely,

What is the difference between the vault and the regular Pro? Thanks.

#211 2 years ago
    Quoted from pinballjah:

What is the difference between the vault and the regular Pro? Thanks.

I'm not an expert, but from what I remember, LEDs, a slightly different monger toy, metal speaker panel with decal...and maybe something else I am forgetting. They also did a code update when VE came out, but that would be available for the original as well.

#212 2 years ago
    Quoted from RobF:

I'm not an expert, but from what I remember, LEDs, a slightly different monger toy, metal speaker panel with decal...and maybe something else I am forgetting. They also did a code update when VE came out, but that would be available for the original as well.

Metallic foil cabinet decals.

#213 2 years ago
    Quoted from Forum-ninja:

Still waiting for news on my DP premium.

laugh.giflaugh.gif
    #214 2 years ago

Copied from Pot8er’s post in the StrTh club thread:

Just talked to my distro. Said ST is shipping next week. He said he couldn’t get a straight answer whether they had insider connected or not. I DMed stern on Instagram asking and will update if they reply.

#215 2 years ago
    Quoted from MasterBlaster:

Copied from Pot8er’s post in the StrTh club thread:
    Just talked to my distro. Said ST is shipping next week. He said he couldn’t get a straight answer whether they had insider connected or not. I DMed stern on Instagram asking and will update if they reply.

The recent BM66 Prem run had Insider Connected installed.

#216 2 years ago
    Quoted from Damonator:

The recent BM66 Prem run had Insider Connected installed.

Sometimes I assume too much, but I’d assume due to the code update released today with IC code included that any new StrTh rolling off the line would have IC included. Again…I usually assume too much…making an ass of myself in the process!

#217 2 years ago

Any pings on JP premium? GEX's webpage says March 2022.

#218 2 years ago

Sooo... Stern Pinball replied to a comment on their Facebook feed, in their post announcing code 1.05 for Stranger Things... They said that Stranger Things is still in production(?) If so, that's great news; it had sounded earlier like their license had lapsed...

#219 2 years ago
    Quoted from jonnyqtrek:

Sooo... Stern Pinball replied to a comment on their Facebook feed, in their post announcing code 1.05 for Stranger Things... They said that Stranger Things is still in production(?) If so, that's great news; it had sounded earlier like their license had lapsed...

As I understand it, they are only running Pro models from here on out. Not sure when exactly the license runs out.

#220 2 years ago
    Quoted from RobF:

Thanks for clarifying. Do they charge more for the vault? I assume they would. I don't think the original IM Pros came with LEDs but the one I purchased recently with the Sept 2021 build date did have upgraded LEDs. Maybe LEDs are now standard in all models?

#221 2 years ago

any more Deadpool Pros coming? The market on those seems to be super hot still.

I imagine Stern has a good relationship with the Marvel IP lawyers

#222 2 years ago
    Quoted from pinballjah:

Thanks for clarifying. Do they charge more for the vault? I assume they would. I don't think the original IM Pros came with LEDs but the one I purchased recently with the Sept 2021 build date did have upgraded LEDs. Maybe LEDs are now standard in all models?

I believe you are talking about Iron Maiden with a 2021 build, this is Iron Man vault.

#223 2 years ago
    Quoted from tvbenk:

I believe you are talking about Iron Maiden with a 2021 build, this is Iron Man vault.

Oh, hate these abbreviations.

#224 2 years ago

Per Zmeny on TPS podcast, on the line at Stern through the end of ‘21:
    EHOH 40th
    StrTh pro
    Beatles
    DP premium

#225 2 years ago

EHOH 40th
    StrTh pro
    Beatles
    DP premium

All that in about 7 workdays - sure....

#226 2 years ago
    Quoted from cait001:

any more Deadpool Pros coming? The market on those seems to be super hot still.
    I imagine Stern has a good relationship with the Marvel IP lawyers

I was told July 2022 from the Distro.

#227 2 years ago

EHOH 40th
    StrTh pro
    Beatles
    DP premium

Beatles? Really? Lol.

#228 2 years ago

EHOH 40th
    StrTh pro
    Beatles
    DP premium

I keep forgetting that they can keep making Premiums...

#229 2 years ago

My BM66 just shipped from GEX.

#230 2 years ago

EHOH 40th
    StrTh pro
    Beatles
    DP premium

Hmm, wonder if they squeezed back in those DP or if there's a split allocation with August. The dealer I'm buying from had said it was pushed back to August about a month ago when I last checked in

#231 2 years ago
    Quoted from WeirPinball:

All that in about 7 workdays - sure....

Spolier: they only have enough boards to build 20 of each title..

#232 2 years ago
    Quoted from Sleal16:

Hmm, wonder if they squeezed back in those DP or if there's a split allocation with August. The dealer I'm buying from had said it was pushed back to August about a month ago when I last checked in

Yeah, my distributor said that too.

#233 2 years ago

dupe post

#234 2 years ago

EHOH 40th
    StrTh pro
    Beatles
    DP premium

Wonder what happened to the Mando Premium run that was set for this week and next???

#235 2 years ago

Has anyone noticed what this traffic jam for NIBs has done to the marketplace for used pins ? Food for thought .

#236 2 years ago
    Quoted from Kkoss24:

Has anyone noticed what this traffic jam for NIBs has done to the marketplace for used pins ? Food for thought .

Apparently also affects NIB in stock…was on a distributor website yesterday, and they are offering a BM66 premium for the low low price of Twelve Thousand Dollars. Yeesh.

#237 2 years ago
    Quoted from Dahawk007:

Wonder what happened to the Mando Premium run that was set for this week and next???

I didn’t hear him mention it specifically but I was working while listening so I might have missed it. I was jotting the titles down while listening and working in an excel spreadsheet at the same time…multitasking is not my strong suit. Zach talked about it somewhere around 2/3 of the way through the latest TPS podcast.

#238 2 years ago
    Quoted from cait001:

I keep forgetting that they can keep making Premiums...

Hahahaha I actually hit the 15 second playback button, just to be sure I heard correctly.
    Premiums are the new LE’s…
    You heard it here first, people!

#239 2 years ago
    Quoted from metallik:

Spolier: they only have enough boards to build 20 of each title..

Good point… He said they were running them, but he did NOT say how many. Ha!

#240 2 years ago
    Quoted from gorditas:

Woo Hoo! Congratulations! I wish I’d kept my order, but I had to tap out after the last price increase. I’m sure I’ll regret it sooner rather than later!

#241 2 years ago
    Quoted from gorditas:

Same, my BM66 just was received yesterday

#242 2 years ago

Hahahaha I actually hit the 15 second playback button, just to be sure I heard correctly.

Ha. I did exactly the same thing.

#243 2 years ago

Woo Hoo! Congratulations! I wish I’d kept my order, but I had to tap out after the last price increase. I’m sure I’ll regret it sooner rather than later!

I paid the balance of what I was quoted back in the spring. I was pleasantly surprised.

#244 2 years ago

Apparently also affects NIB in stock…was on a distributor website yesterday, and they are offering a BM66 premium for the low low price of Twelve Thousand Dollars. Yeesh.

Holy shit balls Batman !

Prems are more fun as your not stuck with the awful choices in powder coating and side blades .Prems are for rebels !

#245 2 years ago
    Quoted from Kkoss24:

Holy shit balls Batman !

Prems are more fun as your not stuck with the awful choices in powder coating and side blades .Prems are for rebels !

At least in the weird pinball year of 2021, considering all of the delays and shortages…who knows, there might actually be fewer premiums in existence than LE’s? Especially on the newer titles with higher numbers of LE’s being produced. We know exactly how many LE’s they’re making, but we don’t really know for certain how many premiums are out in the world.

#246 2 years ago
    Quoted from gorditas:

I paid the balance of what I was quoted back in the spring. I was pleasantly surprised.

1) Your distro is good people.
    2) Tell me which of the pinball gods you’re praying to…I want to know them.

#247 2 years ago

Was told Elvira 40th should be done tomorrow.

#248 2 years ago
    Quoted from gorditas:

This is great news. Does this mean you didn't have to pay the additional cost of the connect add-on? What was the price on the game when you put your deposit down compared to the current MSRP? I haven't been paying attention to BM66 prices.

This sounds like a distributor going out of their way to do the right thing. Care to share who that is? They deserve the props and more business.

#249 2 years ago
    Quoted from RobF:

This is great news. Does this mean you didn't have to pay the additional cost of the connect add-on? What was the price on the game when you put your deposit down compared to the current MSRP? I haven't been paying attention to BM66 prices.
    This sounds like a distributor going out of their way to do the right thing. Care to share who that is? They deserve the props and more business.

It was Game Exchange of Colorado. I paid $8,399, which was $100 under MSRP at the time. I don't want, or expect IC. It sounds like some machines from the run have it, I honestly don't know yet if mine does. I see the Stern website shows a price for both iterations.

#250 2 years ago
    Quoted from gorditas:

It was Game Exchange of Colorado. I paid $8,399, which was $100 under MSRP at the time. I don't want, or expect IC. It sounds like some machines from the run have it, I honestly don't know yet if mine does. I see the Stern website shows a price for both iterations.

I believe they all did. Mine does. There is a C at the end of the serial number on the box now to indicate connected.

There are 8,090 posts in this topic. You are on page 5 of 162.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/what-is-on-the-line-at-stern-pinball-delays/page/5 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.