Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 8,090 posts
  • 853 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 2 days ago by matt68061
  • Topic is favorited by 531 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

snaps.gif
    Screenshot_20240318_201633_Chrome (resized).jpg
    IMG_8074 (resized).jpeg
    download (resized).jpeg
    7136153e-4781-4514-8f75-26077beb0e35-1655665323130 (resized).jpg
    designer-delays (resized).png
    image000000 (resized).jpeg
    IMG_1455.gif
    Skinner (resized).png
    26CDA9FF-5625-4BC0-AECC-1FF8C139FBFB (resized).jpeg
    pasted_image (resized).png
    IMG_5780 (resized).png
    bobbymcgeestub.png
    JT.gif
    IMG_5830 (resized).jpg
    hmm-futurama.gif

There are 8,090 posts in this topic. You are on page 4 of 162.
    #151 2 years ago
    Quoted from dpannell:

Rush? Is this official? Don't get me wrong, I'm a huge Rush fan but I don't understand why they would release another new pin when they can't build a pin I ordered in July and the Godzilla build date is 2023?

My guess is the title-specific parts are the reason. They get their initial order of parts for that first run, then have to wait on the next shipment to arrive. In a normal year, it’s not a big deal. But if their next order of ‘Zilla-specific parts is still bobbing around in the ocean for another 6-8 months then it’s pointless to build the other 95% of the machine until they have everything. Just move it back in the schedule and work on machines that you have 100% of the BOM to build. What really stinks is that it seems like the initial parts order is only enough to cover LE’s and Pros. Seems like particularly lately the Premium buyers are the one left to wait until the second round of parts arrive, whenever that may be.

#152 2 years ago
    Quoted from dpannell:

Rush? Is this official? Don't get me wrong, I'm a huge Rush fan but I don't understand why they would release another new pin when they can't build a pin I ordered in July and the Godzilla build date is 2023?

One reason is that they have 4 different teams working simultaneously on 4 different titles - all with contractual license windows that have been inked long ago. Assuming they want to continue to release 3 to 4 titles per year, the amount of older titles produced is throttled by parts and labor availability. If those aren’t plentiful, something has to give - and so far this year (and next it seems), what is suffering is previous title production.

As production gets pushed, they could be potentially losing licenses on older titles and would have to decide if it’s worth it to renew.

#153 2 years ago
    Quoted from Damonator:

One reason is that they have 4 different teams working simultaneously on 4 different titles - all with contractual license windows that have been inked long ago. Assuming they want to continue to release 3 to 4 titles per year, the amount of older titles produced is throttled by parts and labor availability. If those aren’t plentiful, something has to give - and so far this year (and next it seems), what is suffering is previous title production.
    As production gets pushed, they could be potentially losing licenses on older titles and would have to decide if it’s worth it to renew.

The one that baffles me right now is Stranger Things. It seems like that game is finally hitting its stride and now it’s ending. Considering that there has been a huge gap in time between last season and the upcoming season of the show, you’d think that Netflix would be very agreeable to a deal on extending the license for not much more money. Especially when Stern seems to have decided to go Pro-only for the remainder of its production run, I would think they would want to get the most for their money when this title stumbled for first year or so during the thick of the pandemic.

#154 2 years ago

Re: Stranger Things: they may not be able to get the projector anymore, at least not the model they designed for at the price they budgeted for. That nuked the premium, and demand for pros has only now started to really increase. But, they have demand for so many other games now, gotta retire some.

#155 2 years ago

Cancelled DP Pro
    Waited 2 months with no answer on production
    When ordered was $9450
    While waiting went to $10650
    By the time it gets produced will be another $1000

Im tapping out

I think the hobby is now overpriced

#156 2 years ago
    Quoted from MrTilt:Cancelled DP Pro
    When ordered was $9450
    Im tapping out

You mean premium?

#157 2 years ago

Nope, those are Aussie prices for pros.

#159 2 years ago

Has there been any confirmation that Elvira 40's are on the line now?

#160 2 years ago
    Quoted from rwmech5:

Nope, those are Aussie prices for pros.

That’s nothing .Look at the price difference here in the states from PA to FL. Man someone scored big !

0E398DC3-9A13-46B0-82AF-6448FD3C2954 (resized).png0E398DC3-9A13-46B0-82AF-6448FD3C2954 (resized).png
    #161 2 years ago

All the time I spend on Pinside and I miss this !!! That’s my life in a nutshell

#162 2 years ago

wow, 7500 is leaving a lot of money on the table - what a kind soul!

#163 2 years ago
    Quoted from MrTilt:Cancelled DP Pro
    When ordered was $9450
    Im tapping out

Sorry to hear this, but I agree with you.
    If my ST doesn’t get built before the next price increase then I’ll likely follow suit. I had to do that with BM66. It just became way too much money for not enough content.
    At some point, we as consumers need to push back. We can’t push back to Stern’s suppliers, but we can push back to Stern…who in turn need to push back to their suppliers. There is far too much acceptance of rampant increases on everything right now.

#164 2 years ago
    Quoted from MasterBlaster:

Sorry to hear this, but I agree with you.
    If my ST doesn’t get built before the next price increase then I’ll likely follow suit. I had to do that with BM66. It just became way too much money for not enough content.
    At some point, we as consumers need to push back. We can’t push back to Stern’s suppliers, but we can push back to Stern…who in turn need to push back to their suppliers. There is far too much acceptance of rampant increases on everything right now.

If anything, I think Stern is receiving the opposite message right now - GZLE NIB selling for $15k two months after release? NIB Prems being sold for over $1k markup by distribs as they roll off the line?

Stern is making tough choices right now on multiple fronts.

#166 2 years ago

Anyone consider the fact the WE are raising the prices? When people are paying insane prices due to FOMO - let's be honest, CE/LEs are selling out before anyone plays them. Why? Because someone else will pay more to have it in 2 months. So Stern says, let's just charge another 500, 1000, 2000.. whatever we'll keep paying and they get their share. It's simple.. STOP paying ridiculous prices, and they won't keep going up. But that's not about to happen.. ever.. too many old dudes with cash.

#167 2 years ago

Three different distros having Sth pros coming to them before end of January. Not many going around either, I don't think. One of the smaller ones was only given 6 machines.

#168 2 years ago
    Quoted from Gutterghoul:

Three different distros having Sth pros coming to them before end of January. Not many going around either, I don't think. One of the smaller ones was only given 6 machines.

Thanks for the info! I already have every mod/accessory that I wanted for this title sitting in my basement…just waiting on a dang machine to ship!

#169 2 years ago

I did contact my distro here in Sydney about Deadpool premium, but they are yet to hear about any delays from Stern. I know the bad news is coming though.

I'm sorry, but for anyone ordering a machine for a December 2021 build date (so would have already ordered months in advance), only for it to be pushed to August 2022... that is just not acceptable. Parts shortages yes of course we understand, but that sort of delay cannot be justified by it.

As a further kick to the nuts, there will be another new release (we've already had 2 in between our DP orders) before our machines get built. I don't see in any way how this is good practice for your existing customers. Clearly there are just too many orders being taken that can't be fulfilled in a reasonable time frame - and its inevitably going to lead to a lot of dissatisfaction.

I love my Stern machines, really, I absolutely love them. But this situation is starting to sour my view... I still have my DP order and I won't cancel it - the fact is, I sold my pro to upgrade to a premium because I thought it was such a great game. But, I'm gearing up to hear the bad news RE the delay, and i'm seriously thinking twice about ordering another new Stern from now on. Plus, I've just bought 2 Spooky pins... Make what you will of that - I didn't do it as an act of rebellion against Stern, that would be stupid. However, I am thinking, maybe it says something.

#170 2 years ago
    Quoted from Ceemunkey:

I'm sorry, but for anyone ordering a machine for a December 2021 build date (so would have already ordered months in advance), only for it to be pushed to August 2022... that is just not acceptable. Parts shortages yes of course we understand, but that sort of delay cannot be justified by it.

Looks like you're just going to have to accept it, or find something else to spend your money on. Stern can't stop producing new games just because the old ones are delayed. Other people have orders in as well.

Quoted from Ceemunkey:

I still have my DP order and I won't cancel it

Exactly.

#171 2 years ago

Is there a MSRP list out there? Apologies if it's obvious.

#172 2 years ago
    Quoted from HooperTriplett:

Is there a MSRP list out there? Apologies if it's obvious.

Starting 1/1/2022 Sterns are, Pro $6899 Premium $8999 and LE $10,499

#173 2 years ago
    Quoted from Only_Pinball:

Starting 1/1/2022 Sterns are, Pro $6899 Premium $8999 and LE $10,499

And that is MSRP - factor in the shortage and ride the lightning of market price.

lightning.giflightning.gif
    #174 2 years ago

GZ update. Yesterday I walked into a local distributor and walked out with a new GZ premium (last one!). Paid a slightly over MSRP for the "market rate". Talked with the owner a bit and he said that he had been allotted 2 Premiums and 2 Pros in the initial release. He still had 2 pros physically there (at least on 12/15/21 when I was there). I put a write up on the distributor here https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/baltimore-pinball-distributor-w-showroom-royal-flush-amusements#post-6659088

Anyways, he said that he is expecting GZ Premiums to go on the line in March and in ... August to fill existing orders. Take the update for what its worth.

#175 2 years ago

I just helped my buddy unbox his GZ Pro built Nov 30. Interestingly, just like with my AIQ built late August, he's missing the coin box clip. Stern said they are out of stock of them still.

#176 2 years ago
    Quoted from C0untDeM0net:

I just helped my buddy unbox his GZ Pro built Nov 30. Interestingly, just like with my AIQ built late August, he's missing the coin box clip. Stern said they are out of stock of them still.

They using a zip tie to keep it still in transit? Something else?

#177 2 years ago

Stern HAS to be losing money by not making more JPs. Has to. Prices are nuts. I am ready for a NIB PREM, sell me one stern. The fug?

#178 2 years ago
    Quoted from Chitownpinball:

Stern HAS to be losing money by not making more JPs. Has to. Prices are nuts. I am ready for a NIB PREM, sell me one stern. The fug?

not losing money - just selling whatever comes off the line (easily)

#179 2 years ago
    Quoted from WeirPinball:

not losing money - just selling whatever comes off the line (easily)

Yes - and they actually make the most money off large runs of 2000+ units of the same title - ie when a game is first released.

I’m sure their highest profit margin is on the limited editions too, so it really is in their best interest to keep pumping out the new titles.

#180 2 years ago
    Quoted from Damonator:

Yes - and they actually make the most money off large runs of 2000+ units of the same title - ie when a game is first released.
    I’m sure their highest profit margin is on the limited editions too, so it really is in their best interest to keep pumping out the new titles.

Even better Elvira 40th at 20K+

#181 2 years ago
    Quoted from C0untDeM0net:

Mine was missing and the coinbox was loose in my GZ premium. I found the clip loose in the back of the cabinet

#182 2 years ago

On my AIQ prem. the coin box clip was there but not cliped correctly ! Box was flopping around inside . Who ever is putting the clip on doesen't have a clue on what their doing or how it works !

#183 2 years ago

No pin on the coin box in my turtles. See box buried in the back. Couldn’t lift the playfield to get it out since it was on a bind. It was a good time fishing it out. This was NIB.

EF53F4C9-F239-4238-BB2F-633F6181E4CE (resized).jpegEF53F4C9-F239-4238-BB2F-633F6181E4CE (resized).jpeg
    #184 2 years ago

c'mon Stern - open the wallet so none of these games get damaged.
    https://www.pinballlife.com/cash-box-hair-pin.html

#185 2 years ago

Here is how crazy things are, I was trying to do a Pinsider a solid, I had ordered two BM66 because one distributor was unsure if he was getting x number or x plus 1. So he said I was on for the plus 1 if he got it. Then I called my main distributer and asked if anyone had dropped off (he had been sold out) he said as a matter fact he did have one spot so I ordered from him as well. This was back in July when I ordered. Well I heard a Pinsider was looking for one, and told him that I had two (maybe) on order and I would give him my extra one.

Yesterday both distributers told me they had the pin for me so I asked one if it was OK if I didn't buy that one and give it to a Pinsider and he told me no F-n way. He said he could only ship it to me and if I didn't buy it for me he could not change to someone I had brought into the sale. He said he had a list and he was selling it to his peeps.

I can see both sides, but I could have bought it and tried to sell it for a profit but I didn't want to get involved in having to wait for delivery and pick up and broker the money etc. So I just let the dealer have the allotment back.

Bear in mind this is BM66 premium at $9100 and people are fighting over it, these were $7700 a year ago.

#186 2 years ago
    Quoted from RC_like_the_cola:

They using a zip tie to keep it still in transit? Something else?

nothing, my coinbox was rolling around in the cab

#187 2 years ago

No pin on my coinbox for GZpro either. Didn’t see one floating around in the cabinet….

#188 2 years ago

I too just received a Godzilla Premium and Jurassic Park Premium recently and both cash boxes were flopping loose. Key pin found at back of cabinet. Obviously the new key pin person doesn’t know how to attach them. No damage though, thankfully.

#189 2 years ago
    Quoted from SantaEatsCheese:

Anyways, he said that he is expecting GZ Premiums to go on the line in March and in ... August to fill existing orders. Take the update for what its worth.

I went to my local distributor exactly one week ago to order a GZ premium and was told the exact same thing.

#190 2 years ago
    Quoted from EricHadley:

I too just received a Godzilla Premium and Jurassic Park Premium recently and both cash boxes were flopping loose. Key pin found at back of cabinet. Obviously the new key pin person doesn’t know how to attach them. No damage though, thankfully.

My Jurassic Park that showed up a couple of weeks ago also had the cash box bashing around loose inside the cabinet. I figured that it was an isolated incident but I guess it wasn't.

#191 2 years ago

Sent message to distro today via pinside (as instructed by email from pinside market) to check on status of ST order…I’ll report back if/when they respond!

#192 2 years ago

Based off of everything I have read I am under the impression that the backlog at Stern is growing, not shrinking. 9+ months for a GZ Premium now.

#193 2 years ago
    Quoted from tilt-master:

Mine was missing and the coinbox was loose in my GZ premium. I found the clip loose in the back of the cabinet

same here

#194 2 years ago
    Quoted from WeirPinball:

c'mon Stern - open the wallet so none of these games get damaged.
    https://www.pinballlife.com/cash-box-hair-pin.html

If one of these games is "damaged" by a loose coin box, it will be the first time in history that's ever happened.

#195 2 years ago
    Quoted from SantaEatsCheese:

Based off of everything I have read I am under the impression that the backlog at Stern is growing, not shrinking. 9+ months for a GZ Premium now.

Sounds about right, I ordered a premium on the exact day of the teaser video in September and was put into the the March run for GZ… 7 month wait.

#196 2 years ago

Latest from my distributor is that the small run IMVE that was scheduled in Nov/Dec has been postponed indefinitely, but with an intention of finding a time to squeeze them in. It's only a run of 75, so that is like 1 day's worth of build (plus the change overhead before and after). If parts are available for a SAM/DMD build I can imagine they have plenty of flexibility when to do this.

More interesting is that my DPPrem order has not been ruled out for build before the end of the year. So maybe all hope is not lost for some DP Prem buyers? My order was high enough on the list to survive the availability cut in Sept that pushed roughly half of the allotment to later in 2022. So I think that's why people are getting mixed messages on potential dates. It would be good to get confirmation that Dec/Jan is still possible from another source. I am having a hard time believing it. It would be a Christmas miracle if there was a trickle of these that build out before the 2022 price jump. Does Gary participate in pinside Secret Santa? haha

#197 2 years ago

Where are we for Dec?

BM66 done
    EHoH40 done
    StrTh pro? Did this one happen?
    IM Vault postponed
    What’s on the line this week?

#198 2 years ago
    Quoted from Damonator:

Where are we for Dec?
    BM66 done
    EHoH40 done
    StrTh pro? Did this one happen?
    IM Vault postponed
    What’s on the line this week?

I’ve not heard back from distro regarding StrTh via email yet. Will try to call them today.

#199 2 years ago

I was hoping mando premium was this week. Just texted my distrib to see if they know

#200 2 years ago

The October run of Mando Premium is supposed to be this week and next. Hoping this so true!

There are 8,090 posts in this topic. You are on page 4 of 162.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/what-is-on-the-line-at-stern-pinball-delays/page/4?hl=rwmech5 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.