Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 8,172 posts
  • 859 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 22 minutes ago by EspoPinball
  • Topic is favorited by 532 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

glasses.gif
    nedry.gif
    snaps.gif
    Screenshot_20240318_201633_Chrome (resized).jpg
    IMG_8074 (resized).jpeg
    download (resized).jpeg
    7136153e-4781-4514-8f75-26077beb0e35-1655665323130 (resized).jpg
    designer-delays (resized).png
    image000000 (resized).jpeg
    IMG_1455.gif
    Skinner (resized).png
    26CDA9FF-5625-4BC0-AECC-1FF8C139FBFB (resized).jpeg
    pasted_image (resized).png
    IMG_5780 (resized).png
    bobbymcgeestub.png
    JT.gif
    There are 8,172 posts in this topic. You are on page 47 of 164.
    #2301 1 year ago

Anyone getting any info on Godzilla's? They should be on the line this week right?

#2302 1 year ago

There have been no adjustments to the line as far as I'm hearing, so this seems to be the current schedule with whatever delays are happening. Unless we hear from ZMeny before he tells us on the next TPN podcast, we probably won't have any updates unless anyone gets word that they are getting their Godzilla soon. Otherwise, we'll have to wait until TPN Episode 100 on May 23, which hopefully is right on time to get the official 3rd quarter update from Stern.

May 2022 - Deadpool Pro & Premium
    May 2022 - Godzilla Pro & Premium
    May 2022 - Mando Pro
    June 2022 - Mando Premium
    June 2022 - Rush Pro & Premium
    July 2022 - JP Pro & Premium
    July 2022 - Godzilla Pro & Premium
    Aug 2022 - Star Wars Pro & Premium (original art package)
    Aug 2022 - NEW STERN CORNERSTONE
    Sep 2022 - Star Wars the pin (original & comic art)
    Nov 2022 - JP the pin
    Nov 2022 - Elvira Premium
    Dec 2022 - TMNT Pro & Premium

#2304 1 year ago

Hadn't seen this thread in a while and should be able to shed some light. I can pretty much basically assure you that billygrippo's purchase/price is legit because I got a first run godzilla pro (build date October 5) from the same distributor for $6,100 + shipping. He asked me where I got it, I told him, and then I heard from the distributor that he had gotten in touch with them about buying pin(s).

Being my first-ever pin, I knew next to nothing about the apparent complexities and politics of distributors and pricing. I didn't understand how this company can be so inexpensive compared to others and not a scam. I guess I still don't, but that doesn't change the fact that they're in the business of selling pinball machines for less than other companies and then delivering them.

Previously, I would have been glad to share the name (I did to a few people who had messaged me over the past months, including billy). But enough people seem to indicate that could be create trouble for their business, which is not something I'd want to happen. For instance, I talked about buying godzilla on an episode of the pinball show (https://www.thepinballnetwork.net/e/the-pinball-show-ep-97-spirit-animals/) and Zach Meny suggested the distributor must be breaking the rules to be selling pins at that price. But I have no idea why they'd want to break the rules for a random first-time pin buyer who just contacted them through their website. Or for some guy that guy referred to them.

#2305 1 year ago
    Quoted from KneeKickLou:

Anyone getting any info on Godzilla's? They should be on the line this week right?

Typically they do the pros first and then the premiums from what I’ve learned on this thread. My dist. Told me He’d have a premium come in this month but didn’t give me a date

#2306 1 year ago
    Quoted from mbl1116:

I’m admittedly jealous…but I’m more interested because i can’t make any business sense of it. Is the distributor margin big enough to offer “any premium” at $1100 under MSRP
    Are there compromising photos at play? Inquiring minds…

I got a Rush Premium for 1k less than most people paid. My brother got a Godzilla for 1k less as well. Can't say what distributor. It happens all the time!

Accept it and move on.

#2307 1 year ago

Are you listening to yourself? Complaining that someone said "our parents didn't raise us right" and then proceeding to tell eveyone how you don't care what they think and resort to petty name calling like "Billy jack off".

When he wrote about parents not raising people right, he was referring to the dealers and flippers that were trying to profit off of all this and commending the dealers that are selling at MSRP or under. Which there are quite a few. Billygrippo got a lot off MSRP but had to pay shipping. I had a few hundred off MSRP for my Godzilla with no shipping costs.

It is not "obvious" to many of us that he is lying. Especially now that blueberry (highly respected for all his research on the DeepRoot saga) comes on here to vouch for him. It seems very legit.

Regardless, why do things like this make people so angry. I just lost one of my employees at a young age.... life is too short for petty crap about something that really doesn't affect us in a material way.

#2308 1 year ago

Soooo… Deadpool Premiums - did they get made, did they not get made, Bueller, Bueller?

Hopefully people get some notices this week!

#2309 1 year ago
    Quoted from Dalewin:

Soooo… Deadpool Premiums - did they get made, did they not get made, Bueller, Bueller?

I’m on a list and was told by my distributor he expected it to be built and shipped this month. This was a couple of weeks ago.

#2310 1 year ago

On topic: I know of at least one DP premium that shipped today. A distributor i used previously mistakenly texted me that it was ready (same first name, but i don’t have one on order)

My last thought on the price war raging on this thread: seems like some people get crazy deals..good for them. Unless you plan to share the distributor name, I’m not really interested in the humblebrag.. I’m sure others will feel differently

#2311 1 year ago
    Quoted from Dalewin:

Fingers crossed

Only thing better than getting my Rush LE would be getting a DP premium right after!

fingers crossed.giffingers crossed.gif

#2312 1 year ago

Anybody else hearing that they are running JP Prem next week? If so I wonder what changed this time.

#2313 1 year ago
    Quoted from SimplePin:

Anybody else hearing that they are running JP Prem next week? If so I wonder what changed this time.

Last I heard was they were delayed until Late '22. This would be quite the change of events!

#2314 1 year ago
    Quoted from Insanity199:

Especially now that blueberry (highly respected for all his research on the DeepRoot saga) comes on here to vouch for him.

I am not saying this isn't true, but you HAVE to love the internet for shit like THIS: "The highly respected BLUEBERRY". LOL.

#2315 1 year ago
    Quoted from SimplePin:

Does this mean no Godzilla premium???

#2316 1 year ago
    Quoted from Gribbs:

I am not saying this isn't true, but you HAVE to love the internet for shit like THIS: "The highly respected BLUEBERRY". LOL.

It's also hilarious to me. Random username I picked years back, long before I ever imagined I'd end up so involved in pinball history's biggest scandal. So of course didn't do it with the expectation people would report on my reporting or have me on shows to talk about such stuff and in a sort of serious way all while calling me blueberry. It's so dumb and I kinda love it.

Update on the distributor front: I wrote to them to confirm they'd be all good with my sharing their top secret identity because they in no way think they're doing anything other than operating above board. Prospects looking good on that front. If I get the go-ahead, I'll write back everyone who has written me letting them know where to go.

#2317 1 year ago
    Quoted from SimplePin:

Where did you hear that?

#2318 1 year ago
    Quoted from Fsdre:

Where did you hear that?

A friend got word from their distributor that they expect them to be on the line next week. That's why I threw out my question. I wasn't expecting them on the line until July.

#2319 1 year ago

Crossing fingers worked dp premium final payment notice!

#2320 1 year ago
    Quoted from LeMansFan:

Does this mean no Godzilla premium???

I ordered mine last fall. Melissa at coin taker told me a few days ago possibly June for Godzilla Prem. Back ordered parts are the cause of the delay.

#2321 1 year ago
    Quoted from SimplePin:

A friend got word from their distributor that they expect them to be on the line next week. That's why I threw out my question. I wasn't expecting them on the line until July.

that would be awesome, I have one on preorder as well but haven’t heard anything

#2322 1 year ago

Kindly pm me if you know a distributor with the best deal on a godzilla premium. Thanks

#2323 1 year ago
    Quoted from blueberryjohnson:

It's so dumb and I kinda love it.

Hells, yeah!

tumblr_ngaayzCYlj1rv3w77o1_500-1807986474 (resized).jpegtumblr_ngaayzCYlj1rv3w77o1_500-1807986474 (resized).jpeg
    #2324 1 year ago
    Quoted from deeznuts:

Kindly pm me if you know a distributor with the best deal on a godzilla premium. Thanks

What year are you shooting for?

#2325 1 year ago
    Quoted from PinMonk:

What year are you shooting for?

He Has a time machine, so it shouldn't matter to him.

doc (resized).pngdoc (resized).png
    #2326 1 year ago

I as well am looking to get in line for a Godzilla premium.

#2327 1 year ago

I was told I’d have my GZ premium this month very recently so I’m going under the assumption that some at least are getting pushed out this month. I’m also very interested in the toppers that they are so far behind on. It’s been over a year now for mando and with more games coming out in august they’re getting waaayyy behind on those

#2328 1 year ago
    Quoted from JToeps:

I as well am looking to get in line for a Godzilla premium.

The longer you wait the longer it will take to get one. I’ll be happy if I get mine in 9 months or less from when I ordered.

#2329 1 year ago

I just got a final payment invoice for Godzilla Premium from my distributor. My first NIB machine. Super excited! To answer the usual questions in no particular order.... Hemispheres Amusements. I ordered in early November. I understand my machine is from their May allotment from Stern. Great experience with Mark and Kurt at Hemispheres. Good luck to everyone waiting -- looks like some GZ machines are on the way this month!

#2330 1 year ago

I just got email for final payment on DP Premium.

#2331 1 year ago
    Quoted from Gribbs:

Hells, yeah!
    [quoted image]

From MTV's "The State" I liked the fast food sketches of Carl getting yelled at by his boss all the time while getting
    condiments thrown at him

#2332 1 year ago

Received notice for DP premium and JP premium

#2333 1 year ago

They are running 3 machines at the same time? JP, Deadpool, and GZ

#2334 1 year ago
    Quoted from wackenhut:

They are running 3 machines at the same time? JP, Deadpool, and GZ

A Stern throuple.

#2335 1 year ago
    Quoted from tlsbryan:

Distro and date ordered?

#2337 1 year ago
    Quoted from RightFlipper:

I just got a final payment invoice for Godzilla Premium from my distributor. My first NIB machine. Super excited! To answer the usual questions in no particular order.... Hemispheres Amusements. I ordered in early November. I understand my machine is from their May allotment from Stern. Great experience with Mark and Kurt at Hemispheres. Good luck to everyone waiting -- looks like some GZ machines are on the way this month!

Congrats!! And congrats on your first NIB!! Enjoy it! I’m in a similar boat Should be getting the call any day for my GZ and it’s my first pin ever. Love seeing all these updates of people finally getting their machines!

#2338 1 year ago
    Quoted from tlsbryan:

really interested in hearing the details on when you placed your order?

Anyone else hear about JP premiums?

#2339 1 year ago

I just received my final payment invoice for DP Premium. Game Exchange

#2340 1 year ago

The news of JP premiums jumping up the line out of nowhere is wild. Be sure to keep the group updated if you hear from your distributors!!

#2341 1 year ago
    Quoted from Fsdre:

The news of JP premiums jumping up the line out of nowhere is wild. Be sure to keep the group updated if you hear from your distributors!!

Somebody started opening up boxes and it was all T-Rex heads instead of Godzilla statues?

I was supposed to be in the April (then July) run but haven't heard anything yet.

#2342 1 year ago
    Quoted from Insanity199:

Are you listening to yourself? Complaining that someone said "our parents didn't raise us right" and then proceeding to tell eveyone how you don't care what they think and resort to petty name calling like "Billy jack off".
    When he wrote about parents not raising people right, he was referring to the dealers and flippers that were trying to profit off of all this and commending the dealers that are selling at MSRP or under. Which there are quite a few. Billygrippo got a lot off MSRP but had to pay shipping. I had a few hundred off MSRP for my Godzilla with no shipping costs.
    It is not "obvious" to many of us that he is lying. Especially now that blueberry (highly respected for all his research on the DeepRoot saga) comes on here to vouch for him. It seems very legit.
    Regardless, why do things like this make people so angry. I just lost one of my employees at a young age.... life is too short for petty crap about something that really doesn't affect us in a material way.

Then why do you keep talking about it? They deleted my post. But you brought it up again. Let Billy stand up for himself.

#2343 1 year ago

Just got the following email from Pinball Pro (not affiliated with them in any way).

Thoughts on the Pinball Supply Chain
    It has been very interesting to see how the world has responded to supply issues, some significant, and others just some delays. I have had conversations with all of our supplier regarding this issue. I can tell you that all suppliers are experiencing delays in one for or another. If one part is missing, then the assembly line stops. Especially if they are a smaller manufacturer. Larger companies have been able to adjust, or shift towards another game.

The good news is that supply is beginning to catch up a bit, we did not presell every game in fear of supply shortages, so we have a small amount of quick ship stock available from Stern, and Jersey Jack.

That being said, we are also taking preorders for Stern Pinball, Chicago Gaming CO, American Pinball, and Jersey Jack Pinball. We only require a $1000 deposit to lock in the special order. The titles on the production schedule are:

Stern Pinball Pre-Order
    Godzilla Pro May
    RUSH Premium June
    Mandalorian Premium June
    Jurassic Park Pro July
    Star Wars Pro and Premium August
    TMNT Pro and Premium December

Chicago Gaming Co Pre-Order
    Cactus Canyon Special Edition (June)
    Cactus Canyon Special Edition Plus Topper (Sept/October)

American Pinball Pre-Order
    Houdini
    Oktoberfest
    Hot Wheels
    Legends of Valhalla

Jersey Jack Pinball Pre-Order
    No information available, coming soon!

Expected arrival is an estimate based on information provided by the manufacturer and is not guaranteed. Titles not listed do not have pre-order availability in 2022.

#2344 1 year ago

All right friends, I just finished sending the distributor info to all five hundred people who messaged me about it since yesterday (just kidding, it was only several dozen). As a reminder, I only bought the one pin from them for the price I shared.

While it seems likely they still have comparatively great prices (based on billy's more recent purchase), I know nothing about their current rates, stock, etc. In terms of sales support and communication, my rep has always been responsive and helpful.

I also cannot speak to the other elements of their business such as after-purchase support, warranty, etc, because my experience has been limited only to some minor emailing back and forth with a question or two. I've not needed any service or replacement parts.

I hope this connection proves helpful and that the company is able to provide a good option for getting these increasingly difficult to get pins we so enjoy.

#2345 1 year ago
    Quoted from SantaEatsCheese:

Just got the following email from Pinball Pro (not affiliated with them in any way).
    Thoughts on the Pinball Supply Chain
    It has been very interesting to see how the world has responded to supply issues, some significant, and others just some delays. I have had conversations with all of our supplier regarding this issue. I can tell you that all suppliers are experiencing delays in one for or another. If one part is missing, then the assembly line stops. Especially if they are a smaller manufacturer. Larger companies have been able to adjust, or shift towards another game.
    The good news is that supply is beginning to catch up a bit, we did not presell every game in fear of supply shortages, so we have a small amount of quick ship stock available from Stern, and Jersey Jack.
    That being said, we are also taking preorders for Stern Pinball, Chicago Gaming CO, American Pinball, and Jersey Jack Pinball. We only require a $1000 deposit to lock in the special order. The titles on the production schedule are:
    Stern Pinball Pre-Order
    Godzilla Pro May
    RUSH Premium June
    Mandalorian Premium June
    Jurassic Park Pro July
    Star Wars Pro and Premium August
    TMNT Pro and Premium December
    Chicago Gaming Co Pre-Order
    Cactus Canyon Special Edition (June)
    Cactus Canyon Special Edition Plus Topper (Sept/October)
    American Pinball Pre-Order
    Houdini
    Oktoberfest
    Hot Wheels
    Legends of Valhalla
    Jersey Jack Pinball Pre-Order
    No information available, coming soon!
    Expected arrival is an estimate based on information provided by the manufacturer and is not guaranteed. Titles not listed do not have pre-order availability in 2022.

I don’t see EHOH on the list…

#2346 1 year ago

Got the email to pay my balance on DP premium. (Got to say sticker shock).

#2347 1 year ago
    Quoted from thekaiser82:

I don’t see EHOH on the list…

In case you didn’t see this….Titles not listed do not have pre-order availability in 2022.

Stern may make them in 2022 to fill previous orders.

#2348 1 year ago

All right friends, I just finished sending the distributor info to all five hundred people who messaged me about it since yesterday (just kidding, it was only several dozen). As a reminder, I only bought the one pin from them for the price I shared.
    While it seems likely they still have comparatively great prices (based on billy's more recent purchase), I know nothing about their current rates, stock, etc. In terms of sales support and communication, my rep has always been responsive and helpful.
    I also cannot speak to the other elements of their business such as after-purchase support, warranty, etc, because my experience has been limited only to some minor emailing back and forth with a question or two. I've not needed any service or replacement parts.
    I hope this connection proves helpful and that the company is able to provide a good option for getting these increasingly difficult to get pins we so enjoy.

Minor update: distributor's current stock/allotment nearly spoken for (not a reason to not get on a list for future ones, of course - I did a couple months in advance for Godzilla and got one of the first batch shipped):

"Pretty much everything is TBD 2023 right now. I’ve only got a couple Star Wars Premiums from August build available and that’s it. (Unless you want Cactus Canyon, but I don’t know where your pinball loyalties lay as far as manufacturer goes)"

#2349 1 year ago

Hadn't seen this thread in a while and should be able to shed some light. I can pretty much basically assure you that billygrippo's purchase/price is legit because I got a first run godzilla pro (build date October 5) from the same distributor for $6,100 + shipping. He asked me where I got it, I told him, and then I heard from the distributor that he had gotten in touch with them about buying pin(s).
    Being my first-ever pin, I knew next to nothing about the apparent complexities and politics of distributors and pricing. I didn't understand how this company can be so inexpensive compared to others and not a scam. I guess I still don't, but that doesn't change the fact that they're in the business of selling pinball machines for less than other companies and then delivering them.
    Previously, I would have been glad to share the name (I did to a few people who had messaged me over the past months, including billy). But enough people seem to indicate that could be create trouble for their business, which is not something I'd want to happen. For instance, I talked about buying godzilla on an episode of the pinball show (https://www.thepinballnetwork.net/e/the-pinball-show-ep-97-spirit-animals/) and Zach Meny suggested the distributor must be breaking the rules to be selling pins at that price. But I have no idea why they'd want to break the rules for a random first-time pin buyer who just contacted them through their website. Or for some guy that guy

Minor update: distributor's current stock/allotment nearly spoken for (not a reason to not get on a list for future ones, of course - I did a couple months in advance for Godzilla and got one of the first batch shipped):
    "Pretty much everything is TBD 2023 right now. I’ve only got a couple Star Wars Premiums from August build available and that’s it. (Unless you want Cactus Canyon, but I don’t know where your pinball loyalties lay as far as manufacturer goes)"

They had some jp premiums a little while back, but probably all spoken for by now.

#2350 1 year ago
    Quoted from JP76:

In case you didn’t see this….Titles not listed do not have pre-order availability in 2022.
    Stern may make them in 2022 to fill previous orders.

Sounds about right. I called my distributor a month ago and asked about EHOH. He said supposedly end of year but he has little faith based on the history and constant pushbacks on this game. He said he would put me on the list, no deposit required, just in case.

There are 8,172 posts in this topic. You are on page 47 of 164.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/what-is-on-the-line-at-stern-pinball-delays/page/47?hl=mapalot and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.