Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 8,174 posts
  • 859 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 10 hours ago by bwalter
  • Topic is favorited by 532 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

glasses.gif
    nedry.gif
    snaps.gif
    Screenshot_20240318_201633_Chrome (resized).jpg
    IMG_8074 (resized).jpeg
    download (resized).jpeg
    7136153e-4781-4514-8f75-26077beb0e35-1655665323130 (resized).jpg
    designer-delays (resized).png
    image000000 (resized).jpeg
    IMG_1455.gif
    Skinner (resized).png
    26CDA9FF-5625-4BC0-AECC-1FF8C139FBFB (resized).jpeg
    pasted_image (resized).png
    IMG_5780 (resized).png
    bobbymcgeestub.png
    JT.gif
    There are 8,174 posts in this topic. You are on page 45 of 164.
    #2201 1 year ago
    Quoted from mbl1116:

Well when you decide to move on and sell/trade at some point, I look forward to your listing at or slightly below the price you paid…since you were raised in a class above “whale shit”, as you put it

I don’t normally sell, but I’ll keep you in mind.

#2202 1 year ago

Hey dealers, come take my money! I will gladly pay you a mark up on a Godzilla Premium. PM if available. Discretion assured. Thanks.

#2203 1 year ago
    Quoted from pinballjah:

Hey dealers, come take my money! I will gladly pay you a mark up on a Godzilla Premium. PM if available. Discretion assured. Thanks.

You sir, are part of the problem. Wait in line like everyone else!!

#2204 1 year ago
    Quoted from pinballjah:

Yeah let’s not start this

#2205 1 year ago

Just got the email for my Godzilla Premium!! I’m beyond excited

#2206 1 year ago
    Quoted from ianwho:

Just got the email for my Godzilla Premium!! I’m beyond excited

I'm excited for you... When did you reserve yours?

#2207 1 year ago

Just based on the date and that someone is paying under MSRP, it is most likely Avengers (Maybe Mando). No Distributor is going to sell Deadpool, Godzilla, or Rush under MSRP.

#2208 1 year ago
    Quoted from Heatmiser:

I'm excited for you... When did you reserve yours?

Early October with JJ at game exchange. Shipping company says 3 days!!

#2209 1 year ago
    Quoted from ianwho:

Early October with JJ at game exchange. Shipping company says 3 days!!

Wow, so it’s not just CT that has a healthy reservation list. Congrats, from a NOV waitlister.

#2210 1 year ago
    Quoted from wackenhut:

Just based on the date and that someone is paying under MSRP, it is most likely Avengers (Maybe Mando). No Distributor is going to sell Deadpool, Godzilla, or Rush under MSRP.

Billygrippo has an Avengers Prem in his lineup...

#2211 1 year ago

Yes, it is avengers, but I was also quoted the same price for any premium. Could not get on the list for Godzilla.

#2212 1 year ago
    Quoted from mbwalker:

Billygrippo has an Avengers Prem in his lineup...

I still don’t understand why a distributor would sell ANY game at $1100 below retail, but i suppose that will remain a mystery as I doubt we’ll get an explanation from the source

Congrats to the OP on this insane connection

#2213 1 year ago

7700 certainly doesn’t pass the stink test unless they are best pals or he was owed a favor. If you can buy popular titles at MSRP you are doing just fine.

#2214 1 year ago
    Quoted from Billygrippo:

We all know that can’t happen. I’d be lynched by a lot of people. I just think that greed is a funny thing. Obviously my dealer is still making money at the lower price line.

I don't believe it. Let's see some proof.

#2215 1 year ago

Getting back on track with the thread…. Does anyone know whats on the line right now? I thought this would be Deadpool 2nd week and Godzilla would start next week…. But I’m hearing Godzilla premium’s are going out to people based on recent posts here.

#2216 1 year ago
    Quoted from shanksfornothin:

Getting back on track with the thread…. Does anyone know whats on the line right now? I thought this would be Deadpool 2nd week and Godzilla would start next week…. But I’m hearing Godzilla premium’s are going out to people based on recent posts here.

I haven't heard of any new updates for this month. Hopefully things will start clearing up by the end of the week.

#2217 1 year ago
    Quoted from JackG:

I haven't heard of any new updates for this month. Hopefully things will start clearing up by the end of the week.

Hopefully, I have DP coming and I want to see if they fill the allocation to my distributor. If I don’t make the cut they will give my deposit back or I can use it for something else

#2218 1 year ago

I'm #4 on dp premium, so hoping to hear real soon

#2219 1 year ago

Just received shipping information yesterday for a DP Pro -- ordered in early Nov.

#2220 1 year ago
    Quoted from NPO:

Bwhahahaha. Good luck on hoping he spills the beans on THAT one.

He'd be stupid if he did. I got a line on a good guy too. Not quite as good a deal but yea much better than the advertised price and always in the first run.

And yes mine was godzilla Premium, 1st run, no money down. God bless his soul for being a straightshooter and I guess the profit he makes is enough.

#2221 1 year ago
    Quoted from Ty-Arnold:

I don't believe it. Let's see some proof.

Crickets. Yeah that's what I thought.

#2222 1 year ago
    Quoted from Ty-Arnold:

Almost forgot…

3FF0694B-3A4A-4842-8EB0-537D817118AE (resized).jpeg3FF0694B-3A4A-4842-8EB0-537D817118AE (resized).jpeg
    #2223 1 year ago
    Quoted from Ty-Arnold:

I dont doubt it at all. When I first started buying NIB there were dealers that gave their buddies deals at cost. Back then MSRP didnt mean anything either so there is slack in the system. Now MSRP is the going rate but Im sure there are lots of buyers still hooked up. Find them.

#2224 1 year ago

Anybody out there seen invoices or notices for DP Premiums this week? Was expecting more activity on them. Maybe the flooding slowed things down?

#2225 1 year ago
    Quoted from JStoltz:

Anybody out there seen invoices or notices for DP Premiums this week? Was expecting more activity on them. Maybe the flooding slowed things down?

No hoping next week

#2226 1 year ago

Next week was supposed to be Godzilla

#2227 1 year ago

DP premiums were at risk due to part shortages. Not sure if they built any.

#2228 1 year ago
    Quoted from kell:

My heart breaks

#2229 1 year ago

That is so sad I know so many people have waited so long for this Deadpool run

#2230 1 year ago
    Quoted from Billygrippo:

Almost forgot…
    [quoted image]

I don’t see a date on that. I have an invoice for an avengers premium for $7600 shipping included. But that was almost two years ago.

#2231 1 year ago
    Quoted from vicjw66:I don’t see a date on that. I have an invoice for an avengers premium for $7600 shipping included. But that was almost two years ago.

I’m done with this. Some of you are childish. You don’t believe me, great! I’m actually glad you don’t.

#2232 1 year ago
    Quoted from kell:

Seriously? What did they do, run out of cheap disco mirror balls? I've been waiting since June 3rd of last year. This attempted purchase is impossible.

#2233 1 year ago
    Quoted from Rum-Z:

Seriously? What did they do, run out of cheap disco mirror balls? I've been waiting since June 3rd of last year. This attempted purchase is impossible.

I mean they had to have built some because people on this thread has said they got the notification it was shipping. Maybe they didn’t/aren’t making many but definitely some.

#2234 1 year ago

I mean they had to have built some because people on this thread has said they got the notification it was shipping. Maybe they didn’t/aren’t making many but definitely some.

I didn't see anyone say anything about dp premiums only pros

#2235 1 year ago
    Quoted from WeirPinball:

I didn't see anyone say anything about dp premiums only pros

Maybe they'll pull another Stranger Things......

Stern: "Here's some pros"
    Pinheads: "We want premiums"
    Stern: "HERE'S SOME PROS"
    Pinheads: "We're waiting for premiums"
    Stern: "We no longer have the license"
    Pinheads:

#2236 1 year ago

?probably? If the van, wolverine or the metallic loop piece are made in Shanghai, it's entirely possible that they just can't get those modules.

Quoted from Rum-Z:

#2237 1 year ago
    Quoted from kell:

That may be an explanation but it makes Stern look incompetent in May 2022 if it’s true.

Embarrassing.

Don’t they have logistics people on payroll who should have straightened this out more than two years ago when the toilet paper shortage made it clear that JIT won’t fly for a while?

Are you saying they still order their semiconductors and made in China playfield toys a week before they need them? I’d think they ordered plenty (esp. semiconductors that are used by all their games) well ahead of time once we, as US residents, had problems wiping our collective butts.

#2238 1 year ago

Lead times for some electronic components are still huge and the recent COVID shutdown in China happened within the procurement window for this seasons builds.

Even if they ordered ahead of time, a competent (I am sure sterns folks are great!) supply chain person is still at the whim of their source, which is also under pressure to triage what gets made.

Retooling for 500 Wolverine statues looks like an easy schedule concession when Disney needs that Buzz Lightyear toy on shelves for June.

#2239 1 year ago

Next week was supposed to be Godzilla

Some people on the GZ owners thread are reporting deliveries next week.

#2240 1 year ago

This ad says he was contacted by his distributor and it’s shipping shortly. I haven’t received any message so hoping others have. If not, I might buy a pro at this point

E22532DE-B9D2-4BA9-887E-9388D04B57FF (resized).pngE22532DE-B9D2-4BA9-887E-9388D04B57FF (resized).png

#2241 1 year ago
    Quoted from Happy81724:

This ad says he was contacted by his distributor and it’s shipping shortly. I haven’t received any message so hoping others have. If not, I might buy a pro at this point
    [quoted image]

I was told that they didn't have enough parts to make that many. Which means I am not able to get mine (on a list since last summer). Not sure if that means Stern will run a smaller batch or just put them off. Either way, it sucks for those of us that have been waiting a long time.

Just spoke with another distributor that confirmed they should be getting DP prems but not nearly as many as ordered. So sounds like Stern did run some, but just another case of shorting orders.

#2242 1 year ago
    Quoted from kell:

I was told that they didn't have enough parts to make that many. Which means I am not able to get mine (on a list since last summer). Not sure if that means Stern will run a smaller batch or just put them off. Either way, it sucks for those of us that have been waiting a long time.
    Just spoke with another distributor that confirmed they should be getting DP prems but not nearly as many as ordered. So sounds like Stern did run some, but just another case of shorting orders.

I messaged my distributor and this is what they told me

“I just checked the schedule Stern sent us on 5/12 and it sill has Deadpool Premiums as a May build.”

#2243 1 year ago
    Quoted from kell:

This happened with GZ, seems like they kept them partially built and finished them as parts came in. Now did they cut the amount? who knows...

#2244 1 year ago

My distributor said she’s not sure yet how many DP premium they’re getting so not sure if I’m getting one or not.

#2245 1 year ago

My build date for my Godzilla premium that I got yesterday was April 11th. So mine was one of those that just needed completion.

#2246 1 year ago
    Quoted from Ty-Arnold:

I know for a fact this is going on a lot. People are getting 1 then getting another and another from a different distributor they are on lists for. They then immediately flip it for a profit. Welcome to the new world. This is going to start happening with everything from pinball machines to already cars and boats. Anything of value will be hard to get at retail very soon.

Manufacturers are not stupid. Supply chain will eventually catch up, in the meantime everything will have a “now” premium or wait.

We need to stop with catastrophic claims as if the world was ending lol

#2247 1 year ago

My JP Premium just went from probably July to hopefully. My GZ premium just went from hopefully July to probably. Just hoping that one shows in July super bonus if they both show.

#2248 1 year ago
    Quoted from NoDisclaimer:My JP Premium just went from probably July to hopefully. My GZ premium just went from hopefully July to probably. Just hoping that one shows in July super bonus if they both show.

Game Exchange says late 2022 early 2023... ouch!

#2249 1 year ago
    Quoted from Pinash:

Game Exchange says late 2022 early 2023... ouch!

As in delayed beyond the initial July delay?

#2250 1 year ago
    Quoted from Pin_Fandango:

We need to stop with catastrophic claims as if the world was ending lol

The world is ending??!! I'd rather be playing pinball whenever that happens!

There are 8,174 posts in this topic. You are on page 45 of 164.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/what-is-on-the-line-at-stern-pinball-delays/page/45?hl=geddy2112 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.