Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 8,156 posts
  • 858 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 1 hour ago by big-c66
  • Topic is favorited by 533 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

glasses.gif
    nedry.gif
    snaps.gif
    Screenshot_20240318_201633_Chrome (resized).jpg
    IMG_8074 (resized).jpeg
    download (resized).jpeg
    7136153e-4781-4514-8f75-26077beb0e35-1655665323130 (resized).jpg
    designer-delays (resized).png
    image000000 (resized).jpeg
    IMG_1455.gif
    Skinner (resized).png
    26CDA9FF-5625-4BC0-AECC-1FF8C139FBFB (resized).jpeg
    pasted_image (resized).png
    IMG_5780 (resized).png
    bobbymcgeestub.png
    JT.gif
    There are 8,156 posts in this topic. You are on page 42 of 164.
    #2051 1 year ago

I know this super rich guy and he already has two toy stories on order. Guy bought three Elvira 40th. According to him it should be out by June but who knows. He said there will be a woody themed cabinet and Buff.

#2052 1 year ago
    Quoted from beltking:

I know this super rich guy and he already has two toy stories on order. Guy bought three Elvira 40th. According to him it should be out by June but who knows. He said there will be a woody themed cabinet and Buff.

No Buff Lightyear for me, please.

#2053 1 year ago
    Quoted from TheClownpuncher:

know one guy that has deposits/his name on the list on Godzilla at 5 distros.

Not sure why, but this rubs me the wrong way. Hopefully they at least let the other 4 distributors know when they get a game to take them off their lists.

#2054 1 year ago
    Quoted from Chisox:

Not sure why, but this rubs me the wrong way. Hopefully they at least let the other 4 distributors know when they get a game to take them off their lists.

If there were a little more transparency in the waitlist process I’d agree with you….but when you hear about day 1 orders having no concrete delivery date, and others who ordered 2 months ago getting their games, it’s hard to fault people who want to hedge their bets a little

#2055 1 year ago
    Quoted from mbl1116:

If there were a little more transparency in the waitlist process I’d agree with you….but when you hear about day 1 orders having no concrete delivery date, and others who ordered 2 months ago getting their games, it’s hard to fault people who want to hedge their bets a little

I don’t like it either but you got a point. It’s a pretty flawed system

#2056 1 year ago
    Quoted from beltking:

Do not want naked Woody cabinet.

#2057 1 year ago
    Quoted from splitcms:

Is rush premium on the line?

If you scroll back and read, I already posted that my Rush Premium shipped from Stern on Tues April 26th. (Less than 48hrs ago)

You needed me to type that again I guess?

#2058 1 year ago
    Quoted from beltking:

June? From what company? Stern?

Stern isn't releasing any new pins until August.

#2059 1 year ago
    Quoted from Tilt:

It has nothing to do with white glove service.
    Ill try to see if you understand. A few of us have a logistics warehouse near stern that ships games for us. If stern calls me today that they have "X" amount of games ready. They want us to pick them up within 24 hours. So often, we send a truck to grab them and take them to the warehouse up there. Then we can have that warehouse be used for us to ship to the customer. In my case, being that im in ilinois. If i know ahead of time and its a decent amount of games, i run and get them. But if it is a small amount of games, i just have them shipped to the warehouse. In other words, i wont spend 300 in fuel to go grab 3 games, but i will for 20.
    Now this is not "free" the distributor has to pay to get them trucked to the warehouse, stern doesnt pay this. Then we have to pay in/out fees plus storage at the warehouse.
    Those that are getting dropped shipped directly from stern are not cheaper per se. The only way that Stern drop ships is if the distributor collects sales tax for the state that the game is shipped to. Now im sure someone will jump in and say that they had a game shipped direct without sales tax, and if thats the case, then the seller is doing something like lying about charging tax. But that is the only way that Stern drop ships
    Other times like this week, im travelling and can not be at my shop to recieve games, so anything made for me this week will go to the Chicago warehouse.

Whoa there cowboy! What is this common sense real life business practice you speak about? This does not fit the Pinside narrative of greedy fat cat distros riding around in Limos lighting cigars with $100 bills.

#2060 1 year ago

Just got my final payment notice for my Rush Pro ordered on 1/6.

#2061 1 year ago
    Quoted from NEW-B:

From which vendor?

#2062 1 year ago
    Quoted from Tommy-dog:

From which vendor?

JJ at gameexchange

#2063 1 year ago
    Quoted from NEW-B:

This tells me Rush is still on the line and that DP is not.
    Fair enough.
    It’s still April, after all.

#2064 1 year ago
    Quoted from Jason_Jehosaphat:

This tells me Rush is still on the line and that DP is not.
    Fair enough.
    It’s still April, after all.

My DP ships Monday from my distro and I should get it mid-end of next week. They got a couple DP's Pro's and Premium's (all are spoken for). No idea how many lines stern has but DP is on one for sure.

#2065 1 year ago

Stern has 2 lines.

Quoted from PinPickle:

My DP ships Monday from my distro and I should get it mid-end of next week. They got a couple DP's Pro's and Premium's (all are spoken for). No idea how many lines stern has but DP is on one for sure.

#2066 1 year ago
    Quoted from mpdpvdpin:

Stern has 2 lines.

Yes, 2-lines. They can run 2 different games if they want.

#2067 1 year ago

Hey guys! My Rush Premium just landed at my distro! It was shipped earlier this week from Stern. It was 1 of 3 that my distro was allocated 4th quarter of 2021. I put money down on #3 on January 4th. My distro was very transparent and showed me a spreadsheet that showed all of their allocations from Stern all the way through the 2nd quarter of 2022. Stern's build schedule was right in line with the spreadsheet I was shown back in January. Just an FYI...

#2068 1 year ago
    Quoted from PinPickle:

Which distributor? I haven’t heard anything yet

#2069 1 year ago
    Quoted from Minnpin65:

... I put money down on January 4th. My distro was very transparent and showed me a spreadsheet that showed all of their allocations from Stern all the way through the 2nd quarter of 2022. Stern's build schedule was right in line with the spreadsheet I was shown back in January. Just an FYI...

I wish my distributor was transparent. I get no updates unless I contact them and it takes a few days for them to reply. I ordered my Rush right around the same time and I have heard nothing. I will never use my distributor ever again. The sad thing is that they came in highly recommended and it is one of the bigger ones.

#2070 1 year ago
    Quoted from Tommy-dog:

I wish my distributor was transparent. I get no updates unless I contact them and it takes a few days for them to reply. I ordered my Rush right around the same time and I have heard nothing. I will never use my distributor ever again. The sad thing is that they came in highly recommended and it is one of the bigger ones.

Same frustration here...I'm new to the NIB game and have learned alot since I ordered my Rush Premium 2 days after release from one of the larger/popular dealers. I think the key is to focus in on the "small guy" dealers. Right now, Ole town pinball has a Rush Premium listed in the marketplace that could ship to me right now...I'm stuck "in line" waiting till June for mine according to my dealer. Seems like larger dealer = larger waiting line...

#2071 1 year ago
    Quoted from PinPickle:

Is this player one? I’ve had my order over a year ago.

#2072 1 year ago
    Quoted from Tommy-dog:

Times are different and not normal. I’m sure they get inundated with emails, calls and texts everyday asking about updates. Most would love nothing more than to ship your game as soon as you order but it’s really just out of their hands. Patience is the key here.

#2073 1 year ago

Buddy of mine got notification for his Rush Premium today. Day 1 from GX when their website still said "April Batch." Hooray for accurate estimate!

#2074 1 year ago

Distributor just emailed to say that our JP Premiums that were due to be on the line next month for delivery to AUS in July have been pushed back to a September delivery date. Boo earns.

#2075 1 year ago
    Quoted from craif:

Buddy of mine got notification for his Rush Premium today. Day 1 from GX when their website still said "April Batch." Hooray for accurate estimate!

Just paid up on my Rush premium from Flip N Out. They were also very up front and accurate about an April timeline

Go Sixers!

#2076 1 year ago
    Quoted from koops:

Distributor just emailed to say that our JP Premiums that were due to be on the line next month for delivery to AUS in July have been pushed back to a September delivery date. Boo earns.

The wait is too bad, but JP is amazing and worth the wait. I’m waiting for DP premium myself.

#2077 1 year ago
    Quoted from mbl1116:

Just paid up on my Rush premium from Flip N Out. They were also very up front and accurate about an April timeline
    Go Sixers!

Congrats! If he's that accurate, sounds like my "April to late summer" timeline is probably closer to late summer!

#2078 1 year ago
    Quoted from koops:

Are JP premiums still on target to be on the line for July or are you saying they got pushed further back?

#2079 1 year ago
    Quoted from Fsdre:

Are JP premiums still on target to be on the line for July or are you saying they got pushed further back?

JP still on the line in July. Won't arrive in Australia until September.

#2080 1 year ago
    Quoted from JackG:

JP still on the line in July. Won't arrive in Australia until September.

Not bad considering it was 65 million years in the making.

#2081 1 year ago
    Quoted from rai:

Not bad considering it was 65 million years in the making.

LOL good one

#2082 1 year ago
    Quoted from mbl1116:

Go Sixers!

Ordered a Rush Premium from them on Jan 6th; I've been told "we are hoping yours will fall in the June run at this time..."

#2083 1 year ago

Just got notice for final payment from Cointaker for my Rush Premium...ordered Jan 4th.

#2084 1 year ago

Just got from MAD pinball. Not sure if this moves any dates for the list.

mad pinball 2 (resized).pngmad pinball 2 (resized).png
    #2085 1 year ago
    Quoted from Skeets:

Just got notice for final payment from Cointaker for my Rush Premium...ordered Jan 4th.

I ordered my premium from CT on 1/7.

Hoping to hear from them soon.

#2086 1 year ago
    Quoted from Skeets:

Do they call or send an email? I'm assuming email...

#2087 1 year ago
    Quoted from Heatmiser:

Do they call or send an email? I'm assuming email...

CT sends an email with the invoice to pay the balance.

#2088 1 year ago
    Quoted from Skeets:

I ordered my RUSH premium from CT on 1/5. They said I was on the June delivery.

#2089 1 year ago

Come on Deadpool.

#2090 1 year ago

Love hearing this sudden news of June/July RUSH production - Zach seems to be the main source for production line updates, so seeing it from multiple sources has me feelin' good. I'm sure that since I haven't heard by now about my order that I'm in the June run - I placed my order within a couple hours of the announcement, after all...

#2091 1 year ago
    Quoted from Lanzzor:

Ordered a Rush Premium from them on Jan 6th; I've been told "we are hoping yours will fall in the June run at this time..."

I’m selling a nice HUO JP premium if anyone is interested.

#2092 1 year ago
    Quoted from Chisox:

A lot of this kind of stuff is going on. I know a guy who said he is getting 4 Medieval Madness. All from 1 distributor.

#2093 1 year ago
    Quoted from Ty-Arnold:

A lot of this kind of stuff is going on. I know a guy who said he is getting 4 Medieval Madness. All from 1 distributor.

I get it from a dist. Perspective, but That’s so frustrating as an average customer just wanting 1 game and even more frustrating if it’s a scalper

#2094 1 year ago

Now imagine there is only ONE distributor (Monopoly)
    And that distributor already had their client list.
    Average costumer wanting 1 pin… has no chance other than wait while getting bumped down the list for more “Loyal” costumers.
    There, you have Canada

Quoted from shanksfornothin:

I get it from a dist. Perspective, but That’s so frustrating as an average customer just wanting 1 game and even more frustrating if it’s a scalper

#2095 1 year ago
    Quoted from Apollo18:

Average costumer wanting 1 pin… has no chance other than wait while getting bumped down the list for more “Loyal” costumers.
    There, you have Canada

I was going to say, that sounds like Ontario They only have a distribution restriction on Stern games so you can buy JJP, Chicago Gaming, etc., from any other distributor you like in Canada or the US. I know lots of people that buy Stern games in Michigan, etc. from distributors that will gladly sell to a Canadian. They don't seem to have any territorial issues. Some US distributors won't sell to Ontario residents but a lot don't seem to care.

#2096 1 year ago
    Quoted from Apollo18:

There, you have Canada

I thought there were two distributors in Canada? Only one?

When is Stern’s next cornerstone scheduled to be released? August?

#2097 1 year ago
    Quoted from TigerLaw:

yes august

#2098 1 year ago
    Quoted from TigerLaw:

There are two but one east and one west side of Canada. Only one in the Province of Ontario. There are resellers in Ontario but they basically buy their games from the Ontario distributor and mark them up.

#2099 1 year ago
    Quoted from TigerLaw:

Yep - Nitro in the west and Player One in the east.

Quoted from pinballjah:

I was going to say, that sounds like Ontario They only have a distribution restriction on Stern games so you can buy JJP, Chicago Gaming, etc., from any other distributor you like in Canada or the US. I know lots of people that buy Stern games in Michigan, etc. from distributors that will gladly sell to a Canadian. They don't seem to have any territorial issues. Some US distributors won't sell to Ontario residents but a lot don't seem to care.

I think the general rule is they can't ship to Ontario but you can pick up. There are several places that you can ship to in Niagara/Buffalo that you can pick up from and I think Shippsy will actually bring them up for you . Definitely options.

#2100 1 year ago

just got notified GZ pro is ready for pickup - originally supposed to be in the March run

There are 8,156 posts in this topic. You are on page 42 of 164.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/what-is-on-the-line-at-stern-pinball-delays/page/42?hl=pinball_gizzard and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.