Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 8,090 posts
  • 853 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 44 hours ago by matt68061
  • Topic is favorited by 531 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

snaps.gif
    Screenshot_20240318_201633_Chrome (resized).jpg
    IMG_8074 (resized).jpeg
    download (resized).jpeg
    7136153e-4781-4514-8f75-26077beb0e35-1655665323130 (resized).jpg
    designer-delays (resized).png
    image000000 (resized).jpeg
    IMG_1455.gif
    Skinner (resized).png
    26CDA9FF-5625-4BC0-AECC-1FF8C139FBFB (resized).jpeg
    pasted_image (resized).png
    IMG_5780 (resized).png
    bobbymcgeestub.png
    JT.gif
    IMG_5830 (resized).jpg
    hmm-futurama.gif

There are 8,090 posts in this topic. You are on page 41 of 162.
    #2001 1 year ago
    Quoted from JackG:

If you are curious as to what the New Stern Cornerstone is, then follow this thread:
    https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/what-will-be-the-next-stern-pinball-machine/page/532#post-6898524
    If you are curious as to when your pinball will be delivered, then talk to your distributor. If you are not happy with your distributor, then call around and find a new distributor. There are plenty to choose from.
    Stern will keep making the pins as long as they are selling, you just have to be patient. If it's taking too long, there are plenty of people willing to charge you extra on the secondary market to satisfy your impatience. And as long as people keep paying extra because they want the pin now, then the prices will keep rising on NIB pins.
    Here is the current production schedule. It is not set in stone. It changes with supply issues. If you have any info on when your pin is coming, please share it on this thread.
    Apr 2022 - Rush Pro & Premium
    May 2022 - Deadpool Pro & Premium
    May 2022 - Godzilla Pro & Premium
    June 2022 - Mando Premium
    June 2022 - Rush Pro & Premium
    July 2022 - JP Pro & Premium
    July 2022 - Godzilla Pro & Premium
    Aug 2022 - Star Wars Pro & Premium (original art package)
    Aug 2022 - NEW STERN CORNERSTONE
    Sep 2022 - Star Wars the pin (original & comic art)
    Nov 2022 - JP the pin
    Nov 2022 - Elvira Premium
    Dec 2022 - TMNT Pro & Premium

Any idea why only Mando premium is scheduled for early June? All the rest seem to be pro prem run at the same time.

#2002 1 year ago
    Quoted from KneeKickLou:

Any idea why only Mando premium is scheduled for early June? All the rest seem to be pro prem run at the same time.

No idea why. Zach said Mando Premiums would be running on TPN podcast, but no mention of Pros, so I just report what I hear. But now that a new page has begun on this thread. Here's the list of what's currently scheduled on the line:

Nov 2022 - JP the pin

#2003 1 year ago
    Quoted from PinStalker:

Seems like people are getting pins left and right...... a distro I talked to yesterday said they're getting shipments weekly now. Of course they're all spoken for with pre-orders, but they also said they've had several people say they weren't interested anymore and down the waiting list they go to offload the machines.
    I wonder how long it will actually take to get mostly caught up. All the fake orders in the system are gonna shake out before long.

I don't think there are alot of "fake" orders but there are certainly double and triple orders out there. I know one guy that has deposits/his name on the list on Godzilla at 5 distros.

#2004 1 year ago
    Quoted from TheClownpuncher:

I don't think there are alot of "fake" orders but there are certainly double and triple orders out there. I know one guy that has deposits/his name on the list on Godzilla at 5 distros.

Well, that's a fake order..... or rather a bunch of fake orders.

#2005 1 year ago

I hope they don’t have the same supply issue on the may GZ premium run they had back in March, I know that run got cut a little short due to a couple pieces being missing.

#2006 1 year ago
    Quoted from PinStalker:

Well, that's a fake order..... or rather a bunch of fake orders.

lol.... well, not really. He will take one and I'll take the other. hahaha

#2007 1 year ago

Steve was working on James Bond when he left Stern. He was basically done with the whitewood. Now Elton John is being worked on at JJP.

#2008 1 year ago

I didn’t make the March run of Godzilla’s. I’m almost guaranteed to be on the next run.

#2009 1 year ago
    Quoted from Tommy-dog:

Steve was working on James Bond when he left Stern. He was basically done with the whitewood. Now Elton John is being worked on at JJP.

Elton John?! Surely you jest!

#2010 1 year ago
    Quoted from crujones4life:

Shit. I thought that this was common knowledge. I hope I did not say something that was still somewhat of a secret.

#2011 1 year ago

ELTON JOHN?!?! No way. That is just like…odd.

Quoted from Tommy-dog:

#2012 1 year ago
    Quoted from mpdpvdpin:

ELTON JOHN?!?! No way. That is just like…odd.

It’s the codename for the Lion King pin coming after Toy Story.

#2013 1 year ago

Is Elton John the new Lawrence Welk?

#2014 1 year ago

LION KING?!?! No way…that is just like…odd.

Quoted from radium:

It’s the codename for the Lion King pin coming after Toy Story.

#2015 1 year ago
    Quoted from crujones4life:

To be fair, I thought the 'Dialed In' rumor was a joke when I first heard it too.

#2016 1 year ago
    Quoted from Tommy-dog:

....... Now Elton John is being worked on at JJP.

Unless it's got a royal car crash multiball while listening to the candle in the wind remake I'm out on this one.

#2017 1 year ago
    Quoted from JackG:

No idea why. Zach said Mando Premiums would be running on TPN podcast, but no mention of Pros, so I just report what I hear. But now that a new page has begun on this thread. Here's the list of what's currently scheduled on the line:
    Nov 2022 - JP the pin

What does it mean in pieces, if a pin is on line in a month? I understand that Stern has two lines, so e.g. Godzilla Pro & Premium in May means 4 weeks * 5 days * 50 (?) per day = 1.000 pieces? Does anybody now the details?

#2018 1 year ago
    Quoted from Zora:

What does it mean in pieces, if a pin is on line in a month? I understand that Stern has two lines, so e.g. Godzilla Pro & Premium in May means 4 weeks * 5 days * 50 (?) per day = 1.000 pieces? Does anybody now the details?

My understanding is that it is one single line. They start and ship games in the two week period and then onto the next. If a month has DP its Pro & Premium in those two weeks then next title.

This is my understanding of the line

#2019 1 year ago

You mean Merlyn Monroe mode?

Or was that song also used for something else ?
    “Recycled/reused”

Quoted from TheClownpuncher:

Unless it's got a royal car crash multiball while listening to the candle in the wind remake I'm out on this one.

#2020 1 year ago
    Quoted from PapaBless:

My understanding is that it is one single line. They start and ship games in the two week period and then onto the next. If a month has DP its Pro & Premium in those two weeks then next title.

That’s my understanding as well, I think the 2nd line is a “lesser” and it is where games get finished from the last run that may have been cut short do to part shortages, or repairs of things damaged from shipping ect. They had to finish a handful of machines that ran out for GZ back in the March run, and we’ve heard a couple people receive those machines after the fact a little later than expected

#2021 1 year ago
    Quoted from pinballjah:

Very strange, I asked P1 around the same time about ordering a GZ Premium and they said they wouldn't take my order, too many ahead of me (and I live in Ontario). Surprised they can sell to an American, as Canadians cannot technically buy from a US distributor. Never heard of them selling to a person in the US before. Do they charge you any sales tax as we have to pay 13% if picked up in Ontario? Thanks.

When I called I spoke to a guy in Canada. He gave me the number of someone from P1 in North Carolina. I ordered it and had it shipped to NY. I paid sales tax and shipping. PM and I'll answer any specifics you'd like.

#2022 1 year ago
    Quoted from shanksfornothin:

I hope they don’t have the same supply issue on the may GZ premium run they had back in March, I know that run got cut a little short due to a couple pieces being missing.

The problem was they found warped playfields. So they stopped production until new playfields arrived.

#2023 1 year ago

What ever happen to toystory?

#2024 1 year ago
    Quoted from tonycip:

Not slated to be on the line at Stern.

#2025 1 year ago
    Quoted from tonycip:

Yeah, you'll want to inquire with the JJP folks about that one.

#2026 1 year ago
    Quoted from JackG:

Nov 2022 - JP the pin

Mando Pros are in May, I would assume end of May, hence it falling in that month while the Prems fall into June.

#2027 1 year ago
    Quoted from ZMeny:Mando Pros are in May, I would assume end of May, hence it falling in that month while the Prems fall into June.

Thank you, ZMeny and for giving us all these updates so we could stay excited about what's coming to our homes soon! Here's an updated list.

May 2022 - Mando Pro
    Nov 2022 - JP the pin

#2028 1 year ago

My Rush Premium shipped yesterday (April 26th) from Stern directly to me.

So, whoever stated that Stern doesn't drop-ship is incorrect.

I have a Godzilla Premium shipping also for my brother. Another "Drop ship"

I already have a Godzilla Premium, but One of my bros wants One too.

pasted_image (resized).pngpasted_image (resized).png

#2029 1 year ago
    Quoted from tonycip:

That layout became Wonka at JJP I believe.

No Toy Story.

#2030 1 year ago

Do you think the May Godzilla run will ship end of May early June?

#2031 1 year ago
    Quoted from turbo2nr:

[quoted image]

when i ordered stranger things from coiontaker, it was shipped to me from chicago. Automated also ships some of their games from chicago. I don't think it's a secret

#2032 1 year ago
    Quoted from JakePG:

when i ordered stranger things from coiontaker, it was shipped to me from chicago. Automated also ships some of their games from chicago. I don't think it's a secret

I wonder why some do that and others don't.

The ones who dropship generally don't charge shipping right?

#2033 1 year ago
    Quoted from PinStalker:

I wonder why some do that and others don't.
    The ones who dropship generally don't charge shipping right?

Quoted from JakePG:

Those aren’t shipping directly from stern. Some distros have warehouses close to stern, I know cointaker does, so the games go there. Im not entirely sure why it’s done that way but my theory is for people who want their games white glove delivered and set up, the games go to the distro directly so they can provide that service. For those who dont need help, it ships direct from the warehouse in IL. Just a guess, I could be wrong.

#2034 1 year ago
    Quoted from turbo2nr:

[quoted image]

Quoted from JakePG:

So GZ was my first NIB. An LE and had called a couple of places before going local. Kinda sucked getting taxes, but also was interesting that the dealer said they had to buy that LE from another dealer, so I got charged shipping twice (250x2) b/c of that. When I went to go pick it up from their location, had a nice big sticker, or airbill, that had IL (Stern) to the location I picked it up from. sooooo, very suspect. It sucked that all combined it was almost 4k over MSRP (2k extra from dealer, b/c again they had to buy it from another place....and 2k in shipping and taxes). Only consolation was that if I decide to get rid of it, shouldnt be in the negative unless things crash hard in this pin market. But still, after that double shipping and shipping+tax on another MSRP NIB I placed an order at the same time, not buying local anymore. Love to support businesses in the area, but theres a limit. I'll just put money into their arcade to do that.

#2035 1 year ago
    Quoted from PapaBless:

No

Two lines.

Quoted from JakePG:

No, in this thread are people stating that Stern no longer drop-ships.

Just wanted to say that was never true. It happens all the time and of course is the cheapest option. Duh.

#2036 1 year ago
    Quoted from Apollo18:

You mean Merlyn Monroe mode?
    Or was that song also used for something else ?
    “Recycled/reused”

Song was recycled when Princess Diana got in the car crash. You could certainly have an OD multiball as well.

#2037 1 year ago
    Quoted from tedwasright:

The problem was they found warped playfields. So they stopped production until new playfields arrived.

Ohhhhh I thought they were short some parts! Yikes I hope they got that settled

#2038 1 year ago
    Quoted from Lermods:

Those aren’t shipping directly from stern. Some distros have warehouses close to stern, I know cointaker does, so the games go there. Im not entirely sure why it’s done that way but my theory is for people who want their games white glove delivered and set up, the games go to the distro directly so they can provide that service. For those who dont need help, it ships direct from the warehouse in IL. Just a guess, I could be wrong.

Why would a distro pay to have space to receive and turn and ship it right back out. They are shipping from Stern in Chicago

#2039 1 year ago

Out of curiosity - once Stern knows how their allocations are going to shake out amongst the distributors for a game that is actively on the line, does the distro get a single notification from Stern saying "Hey - we're making RUSH Premium right now. You're absolutely going to get X in this run, please collect payment as appropriate" with X being the absolute final number for that run?

Or is it a "trickling" in where a distro could be told "Hey - we FINISHED X of your RUSH Premium orders today, heads up - X units will be ready to ship in two weeks." where X could only be a portion of their total allocation for that production run? There would then be the possibility that a notification like this could come in every couple/few days.

I know the situation is "fluid", but the first scenario would be much less fluid than the second scenario. Obviously it would be best to ask a distro this directly, but I hate to bug one if this is otherwise common knowledge amongst the group here.

#2040 1 year ago
    Quoted from aamauzy:

Out of curiosity - once Stern knows how their allocations are going to shake out amongst the distributors for a game that is actively on the line, does the distro get a single notification from Stern saying "Hey - we're making RUSH Premium right now. You're absolutely going to get X in this run, please collect payment as appropriate" with X being the absolute final number for that run?
    Or is it a "trickling" in where a distro could be told "Hey - we FINISHED X of your RUSH Premium orders today, heads up - X units will be ready to ship in two weeks." where X could only be a portion of their total allocation for that production run? There would then be the possibility that a notification like this could come in every couple/few days.
    I know the situation is "fluid", but the first scenario would be much less fluid than the second scenario. Obviously it would be best to ask a distro this directly, but I hate to bug one if this is otherwise common knowledge amongst the group here.

I asked a distro this a couple days ago, and they said Stern tells them their allocation at some point before the run starts (weeks or months - it depends) and then they receive the allocation in pieces as they are built.

So as I understand it:
    Dealer/Distro orders X amount of units (example 10).
    Stern sits on the order until closer to production time.
    At some point Stern calls/emails and says you're getting X (example 8).
    Dealer/Distro hopefully hasn't taken more than 10 deposits, and starts fulfilling as the product comes in. With any luck, enough dropouts to make the allocation of 8 work for everyone by the time they receive all the units (people getting filling by their multiple deposits at different distros, or just not wanting the machine anymore for whatever reason).

Sure would be nice if the dealer/distro could order X and actually get X. That would eliminate the multiple deposits at various places and give Stern a much better understanding of real demand. Would help us have confidence that we will get the machine too.

#2041 1 year ago
    Quoted from PinStalker:

I asked a distro this a couple days ago, and they said Stern tells them their allocation at some point before the run starts (weeks or months - it depends) and then they receive the allocation in pieces as they are built.
    So as I understand it:
    Dealer/Distro orders X amount of units (example 10).
    Stern sits on the order until closer to production time.
    At some point Stern calls/emails and says you're getting X (example 8).
    Dealer/Distro hopefully hasn't taken more than 10 deposits, and starts fulfilling as the product comes in. With any luck, enough dropouts to make the allocation of 8 work for everyone by the time they receive all the units (people getting filling by their multiple deposits at different distros, or just not wanting the machine anymore for whatever reason).
    Sure would be nice if the dealer/distro could order X and actually get X. That would eliminate the multiple deposits at various places and give Stern a much better understanding of real demand. Would help us have confidence that we will get the machine too.

Thank you so much for clarifying! So this explains why we see games seem to go out (and therefore get reported as shipped here) in waves, rather than a dozen customers of a single distro all chiming in at once that their game shipped.

Very interesting! I'm not at a point yet where I'm worried about eventually getting a machine, I'm just trying to figure out when I should stop watching my email for a "your machine is ready, pay me!" email.

#2042 1 year ago
    Quoted from turbo2nr:

No Toy Story.

My bad... has jjp slowed down or has stern sped up? Or am I just getting dementia..

#2043 1 year ago
    Quoted from tonycip:

My bad... has jjp slowed down or has stern sped up? Or am I just getting dementia..

Toy Story was originally remored to have been changed to Willy Wonka late in development. However, the most popular rumor by far IS that the next game from JJP is a new Toy Story designed by Lawler. I would guess we will find out for sure in the next few months. There are some threads about it.

#2044 1 year ago
    Quoted from tonycip:

Quoted from turbo2nr:

No Toy Story.

Quoted from tonycip:

Quoted from Betelgeuse:

Toy Story was originally remored to have been changed to Willy Wonka late in development. However, the most popular rumor by far IS that the next game from JJP is a new Toy Story designed by Lawler. I would guess we will find out for sure in the next few months. There are some threads about it.

I think you were looking for this thread. It's hard to find because there's not much excitement on JJP games as Stern at this time:

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/thoughts-on-2022-jjp-reveal

#2045 1 year ago

Hearing from a few people that Deadpool Pro is currently on the line. Bumped ahead of Rush? I'm not sure, but Deadpool is coming home for all of us that have been waiting for almost a year.

#2046 1 year ago
    Quoted from Lermods:

It has nothing to do with white glove service.

Ill try to see if you understand. A few of us have a logistics warehouse near stern that ships games for us. If stern calls me today that they have "X" amount of games ready. They want us to pick them up within 24 hours. So often, we send a truck to grab them and take them to the warehouse up there. Then we can have that warehouse be used for us to ship to the customer. In my case, being that im in ilinois. If i know ahead of time and its a decent amount of games, i run and get them. But if it is a small amount of games, i just have them shipped to the warehouse. In other words, i wont spend 300 in fuel to go grab 3 games, but i will for 20.

Now this is not "free" the distributor has to pay to get them trucked to the warehouse, stern doesnt pay this. Then we have to pay in/out fees plus storage at the warehouse.

Those that are getting dropped shipped directly from stern are not cheaper per se. The only way that Stern drop ships is if the distributor collects sales tax for the state that the game is shipped to. Now im sure someone will jump in and say that they had a game shipped direct without sales tax, and if thats the case, then the seller is doing something like lying about charging tax. But that is the only way that Stern drop ships

Other times like this week, im travelling and can not be at my shop to recieve games, so anything made for me this week will go to the Chicago warehouse.

#2047 1 year ago
    Quoted from Tilt:

Ill try to see if you understand. A few of us have a logistics warehouse near stern that ships games for us. If stern calls me today that they have "X" amount of games ready. They want us to pick them up within 24 hours. So often, we send a truck to grab them and take them to the warehouse up there. Then we can have that warehouse be used for us to ship to the customer. In my case, being that im in ilinois. If i know ahead of time and its a decent amount of games, i run and get them. But if it is a small amount of games, i just have them shipped to the warehouse. In other words, i wont spend 300 in fuel to go grab 3 games, but i will for 20.
    Now this is not "free" the distributor has to pay to get them trucked to the warehouse, stern doesnt pay this. Then we have to pay in/out fees plus storage at the warehouse.
    Those that are getting dropped shipped directly from stern are not cheaper per se. The only way that Stern drop ships is if the distributor collects sales tax for the state that the game is shipped to. Now im sure someone will jump in and say that they had a game shipped direct without sales tax, and if thats the case, then the seller is doing something like lying about charging tax. But that is the only way that Stern drop ships
    Other times like this week, im travelling and can not be at my shop to recieve games, so anything made for me this week will go to the Chicago warehouse.

Very nice of you to step in and clear it up - appreciate it

#2048 1 year ago

Can confirm, new DP are out.

Distro confirmed being shipped out Monday. She said they didn't have all the parts to work on JP so they flip flopped their timelines. DP was supposed to be July.

#2049 1 year ago
    Quoted from Tilt:

Thank you for clarifying. I was just guessing, clearly incorrectly.

#2050 1 year ago

Is rush premium on the line?

There are 8,090 posts in this topic. You are on page 41 of 162.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/what-is-on-the-line-at-stern-pinball-delays/page/41?hl=brewinbombers and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.