Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 8,163 posts
  • 858 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 23 minutes ago by big-c66
  • Topic is favorited by 533 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

glasses.gif
    nedry.gif
    snaps.gif
    Screenshot_20240318_201633_Chrome (resized).jpg
    IMG_8074 (resized).jpeg
    download (resized).jpeg
    7136153e-4781-4514-8f75-26077beb0e35-1655665323130 (resized).jpg
    designer-delays (resized).png
    image000000 (resized).jpeg
    IMG_1455.gif
    Skinner (resized).png
    26CDA9FF-5625-4BC0-AECC-1FF8C139FBFB (resized).jpeg
    pasted_image (resized).png
    IMG_5780 (resized).png
    bobbymcgeestub.png
    JT.gif
    There are 8,163 posts in this topic. You are on page 40 of 164.
    #1951 1 year ago
    Quoted from radium:

Pinball machines have coin slots.

I guess that is a concern if you are an operator looking to route a machine.

#1952 1 year ago
    Quoted from bigguybbr:

I guess that is a concern if you are an operator looking to route a machine.

Inability to get spare/replacement parts seem to be the bigger concern of operators.

#1953 1 year ago
    Quoted from bigguybbr:

I'm sure others say the same about LZ

Hahah, hey now…Some folks, like me, are waiting for a LZ premium. I don’t even see LZ in the ‘to build list’… hopefully they squeak a few machines in between the big runs of other pins.

It’s ok, it took a while to play lots of games on a few Prem/LE machines to overcome my fear that the ‘cognoscenti disdain’ on Pinside was correct and realize I enjoy the play, shots, and music to order one. I also need a little time to decide what leaves when it arrives.

#1954 1 year ago
    Quoted from PinMonk:

Womp, womp. Maybe not. RUSH Pros are halted for running out of parts. They're making RUSH premiums now. RUSH Pro may resume later this week or early next.

Oh that sucks - a lot of people waiting for these.

Quoted from Pinball-Ike:

Hahah, hey now…Some folks, like me, are waiting for a LZ premium. I don’t even see LZ in the ‘to build list’… hopefully they squeak a few machines in between the big runs of other pins.
    It’s ok, it took a while to play lots of games on a few Prem/LE machines to overcome my fear that the ‘cognoscenti disdain’ on Pinside was correct and realize I enjoy the play, shots, and music to order one. I also need a little time to decide what leaves when it arrives.

LZ is a great game.

I think it may be done production now though as Steve left Stern.

#1955 1 year ago
    Quoted from PinMonk:

Womp, womp. Maybe not. RUSH Pros are halted for running out of parts. They're making RUSH premiums now. RUSH Pro may resume later this week or early next.

My Pro must have just squeaked past the shortage as my distro texted me the other day, scheduled my delivery date and sent me an invoice.

#1956 1 year ago
    Quoted from byurick:

My Pro must have just squeaked past the shortage as my distro texted me the other day, scheduled my delivery date and sent me an invoice.

Yeah, they had a good start, then hit a wall. Frustrating for a lot of RUSH Pro customers waiting for their day-one orders for just shy of 4 months now...

#1957 1 year ago

I'm trying to figure out what would be on a Pro that wouldn't be on a Premium - static ramp and cabinet art are the only things I can come up with.

#1958 1 year ago
    Quoted from aamauzy:

I'm trying to figure out what would be on a Pro that wouldn't be on a Premium - static ramp and cabinet art are the only things I can come up with.

Cabinet art, translite, badge, plastic apron, static ramp, etc. I'm sure there are a lot other smaller differences, too.

#1959 1 year ago
    Quoted from PinMonk:

Yeah, they had a good start, then hit a wall. Frustrating for a lot of RUSH Pro customers waiting for their day-one orders for just shy of 4 months now...

Feel very fortunate I got my pro in February even with the scoop issues.

#1960 1 year ago
    Quoted from Pinball-Ike:

I'm glad you are ordering what you like and that the pin hits the right chords for you.

I poke fun at LZ but that is just based on my own opinion of playing the Pro. While I like the music, and the expression lights were a cool idea, the games art, layout and features just didn't do it for me. My hunch is the license was expensive, the BOM suffered for it, and Stern put into production an overly spartan layout. I've heard people say the Prem/LE was better, but I have never had a chance to try one. Maybe if the used market calms down to pre-pandemic levels and the prices drop to the mid 4K range, they'll find a more receptive audience. I think it will be remembered that the Pro was a flop for Stern, and it'll be a while before it gets run again, if ever.

On the other hand, JP Home Pin is a fun game (also my opinion) that sold very well by all accounts. I liked it enough that I bought one after playing it at my distro. It has a simple to grasp rule set, great layout, it's fun to shoot, fast, flowy, and perfect for the home environment (again, opinion). It sits next to my Deadpool, AIQ, and Guardians and gets a ton of plays when I have people over.

Different strokes for different folks and all that. Buy what you like to play.

#1961 1 year ago
    Quoted from Pinball-Ike:

Good luck on ordering a new LZ...I'm fearful they aren't going to build anymore based on the shortages of more popular games. I own a LZ premium...unlike most sentiment towards the game on this website, mine is bolted to the floor! Not going anywhere! I love the flow and the theme! I'd be on the lookout for one in the secondhand market.

#1962 1 year ago
    Quoted from kool1:

Feel very fortunate I got my pro in February even with the scoop issues.

I received notification today that my Rush pro will be shipping from CT.

#1963 1 year ago
    Quoted from finman2000:

Awesome congrats! You will love it!

Quoted from Minnpin65:

Good luck on ordering a new LZ...I'm fearful they aren't going to build anymore based on the shortages of more popular games. I own a LZ premium...unlike most sentiment towards the game on this website, mine is bolted to the floor! Not going anywhere! I love the flow and the theme! I'd be on the lookout for one in the secondhand market.

I have a LZ Premium arriving Friday from New Brunswick. I'm pretty excited. They often sell at a bit of a discount to other recent premiums but I think given the limited numbers, prices will go up.

#1964 1 year ago

LZ is a good game, I hope you enjoy it..the upper right flipper shot has to be one of the hardest/most rewarding shots.

Quoted from kool1:

Awesome congrats! You will love it!

I have a LZ Premium arriving Friday from New Brunswick. I'm pretty excited. They often sell at a bit of a discount to other recent premiums but I think given the limited numbers, prices will go up.

#1965 1 year ago
    Quoted from finman2000:

Can you share the date you ordered? I haved a Premium on order with CT, just curious.

#1967 1 year ago
    Quoted from Pinball-Ike:

Dude there's a LZ premium on the market right now for under MSRP. Buy that.

https://pinside.com/pinball/market/classifieds/ad/132569

#1968 1 year ago
    Quoted from PantherCityPins:

Dude there's a LZ premium on the market right now for under MSRP. Buy that.
    https://pinside.com/pinball/market/classifieds/ad/132569

Good price

Quoted from OSUBuckeye98:

LZ is a good game, I hope you enjoy it..the upper right flipper shot has to be one of the hardest/most rewarding shots.

I'm excited.

#1969 1 year ago
    Quoted from finman2000:

I also ordered a Rush Pro from CT on Jan 4th. I received the invoice last Wednesday for the remainder of the payment, and was told it would ship this week. Haven't heard anything since in regards to whether it would ship from them or straight from Stern. Were there any other details that they mentioned to you when you say that you received a notification from CT today about shipping?

#1970 1 year ago

I received notification for my payment for a Deadpool Pro. I find it kind of funny that I can put in an order for a Stern machine and get it quicker than the topper I ordered from Tilt.

#1971 1 year ago
    Quoted from quickstop:

I received notification for my payment for a Deadpool Pro. I find it kind of funny that I can put in an order for a Stern machine and get it quicker than the topper I ordered from Tilt.

we havent seen deadpool toppers in over a year and a half. We dont make them. so please dont blame Tilt for that. Do you want them to make games, or make toppers. They use the same node board and that is why toppers have trickeled out the past year. we finally got some zeppelin toppers that were ordere well over a year ago

#1972 1 year ago
    Quoted from rcb5588:

I also ordered a Rush Pro from CT on Jan 4th. I received the invoice last Wednesday for the remainder of the payment, and was told it would ship this week. Haven't heard anything since in regards to whether it would ship from them or straight from Stern. Were there any other details that they mentioned to you when you say that you received a notification from CT today about shipping?

No additional information. I usually make final payment, and then get a notification from FedEx Freight looking to setup a delivery appt a few days later. I'm only a few miles from their warehouse(and stern).

Melissa is still not 100%, so that may have slowed things down a bit.

#1973 1 year ago
    Quoted from quickstop:

I just bought an MSRP topper last week from Zach @ Flip N Out. They are still out there, so keep checking around.

#1974 1 year ago
    Quoted from JackG:

Looks like AIQ is finished or finishing on the line next couple days. So Rush is primarily on the line. Pros start shipping this week. If you get notice of your Pro or Premium, share with everyone. I'm currently waiting on my AIQ which is set to arrive any minute today.
    Apr 2022 - Rush Pro & Premium
    May 2022 - Deadpool Pro & Premium
    May 2022 - Godzilla Pro & Premium
    June 2022 - Mando Premium
    June 2022 - Rush Pro & Premium
    July 2022 - JP Pro & Premium
    July 2022 - Godzilla Pro & Premium
    Aug 2022 - Star Wars Pro & Premium (original art package)
    Aug 2022 - NEW STERN CORNERSTONE
    Sep 2022 - Star Wars the pin (original & comic art)
    Nov 2022 - JP the pin
    Nov 2022 - Elvira Premium
    Dec 2022 - TMNT Pro & Premium

What does “NEW STERN CORNERSTONE” mean? Is that a new unannounced title? If so, any rumors on it?

#1975 1 year ago
    Quoted from qbass187:

What does “NEW STERN CORNERSTONE” mean? Is that a new unannounced title? If so, any rumors on it?

BTTF
    Jaws
    Bond

#1976 1 year ago
    Quoted from qbass187:

A cornerstone release would be a normal pro/premium/LE game.

#1977 1 year ago
    Quoted from qbass187:

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/what-will-be-the-next-stern-pinball-machine/page/532#post-6898524

#1978 1 year ago

Is DP on the line earlier than scheduled?
    Just read a post from another Pinsider who was alerted by his distributor that his PRO would ship next week.

#1979 1 year ago
    Quoted from Jason_Jehosaphat:

Is DP on the line earlier than scheduled?
    Just read a post from another Pinsider who was alerted by his distributor that his PRO would ship next week.

Yes, Jurassic Park had a parts shortage so they moved Deadpool to start beginning of May and pushed Jurassic Park to July.

#1980 1 year ago

Can't wait for my DP premium

#1981 1 year ago
    Quoted from tilt-master:

Can't wait for my DP premium

Agreed. It's only been 11 months for me so far. I knew making pinball was hard, but apparently now buying pinball is hard too.

#1982 1 year ago

So has anything gone according to the release schedule?
    Suppose I can’t keep up
    Weren’t godzillas scheduled for May?

#1983 1 year ago

is there a final consensus of what the new Stern cornerstone will be and who is the head designer?

#1984 1 year ago
    Quoted from tilt-master:

is there a final consensus of what the new Stern cornerstone will be and who is the head designer?

Elwin BTTF
    Elwin Jaws
    Eddy Jaws
    Gomez Bond

Edit...so no.

#1985 1 year ago

Please have Elwin make all the games.
    Still curious to see what Danger brings to the table with a better bom

#1986 1 year ago

I also have seen LZ prem available now NIB from a few distis

#1987 1 year ago

So I ordered a Rush Premium a few months ago. If I am not in the queue for the Rush Prems being built this second half of April, is there another build time scheduled this summer? Is Rush that popular of a title, honestly? I think the fans of the band like myself are into the game, but I doubt it would be produced in the numbers of say a dp, jp or godzilla.

#1988 1 year ago

If you are curious as to what the New Stern Cornerstone is, then follow this thread:
    https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/what-will-be-the-next-stern-pinball-machine/page/532#post-6898524

If you are curious as to when your pinball will be delivered, then talk to your distributor. If you are not happy with your distributor, then call around and find a new distributor. There are plenty to choose from.

Stern will keep making the pins as long as they are selling, you just have to be patient. If it's taking too long, there are plenty of people willing to charge you extra on the secondary market to satisfy your impatience. And as long as people keep paying extra because they want the pin now, then the prices will keep rising on NIB pins.

Here is the current production schedule. It is not set in stone. It changes with supply issues. If you have any info on when your pin is coming, please share it on this thread.

Apr 2022 - Rush Pro & Premium
    May 2022 - Deadpool Pro & Premium
    May 2022 - Godzilla Pro & Premium
    June 2022 - Mando Premium
    June 2022 - Rush Pro & Premium
    July 2022 - JP Pro & Premium
    July 2022 - Godzilla Pro & Premium
    Aug 2022 - Star Wars Pro & Premium (original art package)
    Aug 2022 - NEW STERN CORNERSTONE
    Sep 2022 - Star Wars the pin (original & comic art)
    Nov 2022 - JP the pin
    Nov 2022 - Elvira Premium
    Dec 2022 - TMNT Pro & Premium

#1989 1 year ago

Got word from Zach that my DP Premium should be shipping in a couple of weeks. Pre-ordered with them in late 2021. Stoked!

#1990 1 year ago
    Quoted from crujones4life:

Elwin BTTF
    Elwin Jaws
    Eddy Jaws
    Gomez Bond
    Edit...so no.

wouldn't BTTF be considered a boutique?

#1991 1 year ago
    Quoted from tedwasright:

For those interested in dates:
    I ordered Godzilla Premium from Player One Amusements on December 7, 2021 for MSRP.
    Today, April 22, I picked up the machine.
    The manufacture date is April 11, 2022.
    The box arrived with minimal bumps/scuffs.
    Any specific questions feel free to PM me.

Very strange, I asked P1 around the same time about ordering a GZ Premium and they said they wouldn't take my order, too many ahead of me (and I live in Ontario). Surprised they can sell to an American, as Canadians cannot technically buy from a US distributor. Never heard of them selling to a person in the US before. Do they charge you any sales tax as we have to pay 13% if picked up in Ontario? Thanks.

#1992 1 year ago
    Quoted from pinballjah:

Very strange, I asked P1 around the same time about ordering a GZ Premium and they said they wouldn't take my order, too many ahead of me (and I live in Ontario). Surprised they can sell to an American, as Canadians cannot technically buy from a US distributor. Never heard of them selling to a person in the US before. Do they charge you any sales tax as we have to pay 13% if picked up in Ontario? Thanks.

I was confused by this until I dug a bit deeper - As it turns out, P1 has US based offices as well!

#1993 1 year ago
    Quoted from JakePG:

Maybe...maybe not!

#1994 1 year ago

Not unless Kaminkow designs it. And if he does it’ll be a $12k game. If not the licensing will be so expensive it’ll lookin like Led Zep. It’s a lose lose.

Quoted from JakePG:

#1995 1 year ago
    Quoted from mpdpvdpin:

Not unless Kaminkow designs it. And if he does it’ll be a $12k game. If not the licensing will be so expensive it’ll lookin like Led Zep. It’s a lose lose.

Take it anyway I can get it. I fear it will be a boutique pin with premium MSRP around $9500-$10000. Buying one whatever the cost.

I opened a new account just to save for this pin.

#1996 1 year ago
    Quoted from pinballjah:

Ya, Player 1 has stores all over North America.

https://www.winwithp1ag.com/about-us/contact-us

So they wouldn't put you on the wait list at all?

#1997 1 year ago

Seriously, how great would a two camera live stream of a wide angle stern production line and a closer up of a single work bench area be to check in on?!!????

#1998 1 year ago

I’m interested in BTTF, but as a pro for my location. If it’s a $10k boutique game hard pass for me.

Quoted from crujones4life:

Take it anyway I can get it. I fear it will be a boutique pin with premium MSRP around $9500-$10000. Buying one whatever the cost.
    I opened a new account just to save for this pin.

#1999 1 year ago

Seems like people are getting pins left and right...... a distro I talked to yesterday said they're getting shipments weekly now. Of course they're all spoken for with pre-orders, but they also said they've had several people say they weren't interested anymore and down the waiting list they go to offload the machines.

I wonder how long it will actually take to get mostly caught up. All the fake orders in the system are gonna shake out before long.

#2000 1 year ago

Got word my day 1 Rush premium is ready, for those keeping track

There are 8,163 posts in this topic. You are on page 40 of 164.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/what-is-on-the-line-at-stern-pinball-delays/page/40 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.