(Topic ID: 298696)

What is on the line at Stern Pinball / Production Schedule

By beltking

2 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

glasses.gif
    nedry.gif
    snaps.gif
    Screenshot_20240318_201633_Chrome (resized).jpg
    IMG_8074 (resized).jpeg
    download (resized).jpeg
    7136153e-4781-4514-8f75-26077beb0e35-1655665323130 (resized).jpg
    designer-delays (resized).png
    image000000 (resized).jpeg
    IMG_1455.gif
    Skinner (resized).png
    26CDA9FF-5625-4BC0-AECC-1FF8C139FBFB (resized).jpeg
    pasted_image (resized).png
    IMG_5780 (resized).png
    bobbymcgeestub.png
    JT.gif
    There are 8,160 posts in this topic. You are on page 39 of 164.
    #1901 1 year ago
    Quoted from Fsdre:

Has anyone ever had a preorder on a game that was close to ending its run and then not end up getting one? I was just wondering if Stern knows the total number of preorders from distributors and then makes sure to produce that amount if they know it is the last run of a machine.
    I got a preorder on Jurassic Park Premium from Cointaker from Mid January this year and I am paranoid it won't make this run in July and I am not sure if this could be the last run.

I'd think the only machine this could have happened on so far would be BM66 because the other machines that got archived were done so at a time when you didnt have to pre-order. Machines were just sitting at distributors before, sounds like a magical time...

So it's hard to say if that will happen as there's no history to compare to

#1902 1 year ago

I believe something like it happened with IM,
    where orders will cancelled.

More veteran pinsiders will know more.
    I have only heard secondhand

#1903 1 year ago
    Quoted from Apollo18:

I believe something like it happened with IM,
    where orders will cancelled.
    More veteran pinsiders will know more.
    I have only heard secondhand

I'd bet it will happen with Elvira as well. Seems like with the production problems/difficulties it has anyways, not to mention parts difficulties, I doubt they will be able to satisfy demand for that one.

#1904 1 year ago
    Quoted from SantaEatsCheese:

I think that Stern is STARTING to get caught up on some of its backlog. I just received the following list about stock games with free shipping (promotion) from pinballpro. It's not the full lineup, but it is progress.
    Avengers IQ Pro
    Avengers IQ Premium
    Mandalorian Pro
    Mandalorian Premium
    Beatles Gold
    Star Wars Pin Comic
    RUSH Pro
    Guns N Roses Limited

Really depends on where you live.

Only in stock / available locally last I checked was Hot Wheels and Mando Premium.

#1905 1 year ago
    Quoted from SantaEatsCheese:

I think that Stern is STARTING to get caught up on some of its backlog. I just received the following list about stock games with free shipping (promotion) from pinballpro. It's not the full lineup, but it is progress.
    Avengers IQ Pro
    Avengers IQ Premium
    Mandalorian Pro
    Mandalorian Premium
    Beatles Gold
    Star Wars Pin Comic
    RUSH Pro
    Guns N Roses Limited

Based on the vocal pinsiders, it seems like the backlog is DP, Godzilla, JP, EHOH etc. Avengers and Mando are relatively lower demand right now.

#1906 1 year ago
    Quoted from Pinball-Wiz:

More like the fact they are just coming off production and there isn't a huge line of buyers like Godzilla and some other past titles. To me, I think it's more accurate to say "aren't rabidly desired RIGHT THIS MOMENT". You can go down a long list of "undesirable Sterns" that during production stalled a little in popularity, but once production has stopped and the NIB's dried up.... they'll be back up again. And it's funny to think that a games success or popularity can be based on whether someone can make money on the game or not as opposed to it being worth a little less once it's opened. If you think Mando is a bad game just wait, in 2 years when production is long past and code is polished it will probably be ridiculously priced just like all of the other OOP Stern games.

Hence why I said…..right now. I agree with you. It could all change. I believe Mando has the best chance as people will gravitate towards it once the topper comes out as it’s expected to be Black knight cool. Folks that passed on it will give it a look Bc of it.

#1907 1 year ago
    Quoted from delt31:

Hence why I said…..right now. I agree with you. It could all change. I believe Mando has the best chance as people will gravitate towards it once the topper comes out as it’s expected to be Black knight cool. Folks that passed on it will give it a look Bc of it.

Come on. No one is going to buy a new game just because the topper is cool.

#1908 1 year ago
    Quoted from jfh:

You never know! This hobby has gotten mighty strange.

#1909 1 year ago
    Quoted from jfh:

BKSOR would like to have a word with you...

#1910 1 year ago

I second this

Quoted from Only_Pinball:

You never know! This hobby has gotten mighty strange.

#1911 1 year ago
    Quoted from CashMoney:

BKSOR would like to have a word with you...

Exactly. People in this hobby are crazy.

ZMeny you’re already working on that hype topper video for Mando right? ; )

He’s the timberland of pinball topper videos = day 1 sell out!

#1912 1 year ago
    Quoted from jfh:

Hey pinside! I just got an email from my distributor that the topper I ordered 2 years ago is finally shipping next week. I considered canceling after the 2nd price increase but you only live once right? So excited!

Looking for opinions. When I originally ordered the topper I chose the pro power supply but now I'm thinking I should have went for the premium. Distributor says if I upgrade it'll be at least another year but I'm worried the license will run out. What do you think?

Anyone have an HUO LE they're thinking of selling? Would prefer something from a 115v home but will consider a reimport with low plays.

#1913 1 year ago
    Quoted from craif:

Hey pinside! I just got an email from my distributor that the topper I ordered 2 years ago is finally shipping next week. I considered canceling after the 2nd price increase but you only live once right? So excited!
    Looking for opinions. When I originally ordered the topper I chose the pro power supply but now I'm thinking I should have went for the premium. Distributor says if I upgrade it'll be at least another year but I'm worried the license will run out. What do you think?
    Anyone have an HUO LE they're thinking of selling? Would prefer something from a 115v home but will consider a reimport with low plays.

Would you consider parlaying your pro topper spot for a layered “3D-esque” butyrate shooter rod to be announced in late 2025, based on speculation regarding both the designer and the theme?

#1914 1 year ago

For those interested in dates:

I ordered Godzilla Premium from Player One Amusements on December 7, 2021 for MSRP.

Today, April 22, I picked up the machine.

The manufacture date is April 11, 2022.

The box arrived with minimal bumps/scuffs.

Any specific questions feel free to PM me.

#1915 1 year ago
    Quoted from tedwasright:

...Godzilla Premium...

Not sure if this is encouraging or discouraging.
    GDZ Premium was supposed to be on the line last month, not this month. Perhaps it was pushed back a month.
    However, it was also supposed to be on the line next month, not this month, so perhaps it was pushed up a month.
    Glass half empty or half full? I'm guessing it was pushed back, not up. That should mean everything else will be pushed back.

#1916 1 year ago
    Quoted from Fsdre:

Has anyone ever had a preorder on a game that was close to ending its run and then not end up getting one? I was just wondering if Stern knows the total number of preorders from distributors and then makes sure to produce that amount if they know it is the last run of a machine.
    I got a preorder on Jurassic Park Premium from Cointaker from Mid January this year and I am paranoid it won't make this run in July and I am not sure if this could be the last run.

I’m in on JP prem as well. I figure my odds are not very good. My dist said I missed this next run but I’m next in line, but I figure he tells everyone that.

#1917 1 year ago
    Quoted from Jason_Jehosaphat:

Not sure if this is encouraging or discouraging.
    GDZ Premium was supposed to be on the line last month, not this month. Perhaps it was pushed back a month.
    However, it was also supposed to be on the line next month, not this month, so perhaps it was pushed up a month.
    Glass half empty or half full? I'm guessing it was pushed back, not up. That should mean everything else will be pushed back.

Was my understanding that they ran into a parts issue on the March run of Godzilla premium which left a lot of machines nearly finished but unfinished. Their plans were to finish that run after aiq was off the line. That April 11th build date seems to confirm this. Once those last few are finished they should go back to the previously released schedule. Just saying.

#1918 1 year ago
    Quoted from tedwasright:

For those interested in dates:
    I ordered Godzilla Premium from Player One Amusements on December 7, 2021 for MSRP.
    Today, April 22, I picked up the machine.

So I have to ask, why is COINTAKER having so many problems delivering Godzilla machines?

#1919 1 year ago
    Quoted from Pinball-Wiz:

So I have to ask, why is COINTAKER having so many problems delivering Godzilla machines?

I ordered my Pro late Dec, got my invoice late March, just got my game a few days ago. Although this is strictly speculation I think it was an issue with Stern.
    I know CT did have a few people get sick after Texas, I don't think this was the issue with sending peoples games. I think Stern found the issue with warped playfields and were pumping them out one by one. I had a few people mention their games shipped 1 day before and another one 2 days before my game actually shipped so it wasn't/isn't all at once.
    Game got here, across the country, minor damage to the box (none to the game), and on time after it was shipped. So stoked

#1920 1 year ago
    Quoted from Pinball-Wiz:

I also had a $1 on Cointaker. I think it's just a way for them to make extra money. They know $1 is nothing and LOTS of people got on the list.

#1921 1 year ago
    Quoted from tedwasright:

I also had a $1 on Cointaker. I think it's just a way for them to make extra money. They know $1 is nothing and LOTS of people got on the list.

I would rather they do 1000 deposit and we actually get our games.

#1922 1 year ago

Here’s a trick for getting your game QUICK, like… lightening quick. Open a location, become Stern army and let the public enjoy your games, make money and become adored by your community.

#1923 1 year ago
    Quoted from tacreno:

Right??

#1924 1 year ago

I grabbed a mando premium that was available and I gotta say - far exceeds expectations and has quickly become a gameroom favorite over some tough competition. I agree with delt31 - once the topper comes out and they don’t run this title for a while it’s going to pop . Grab one while you can.

#1925 1 year ago
    Quoted from Vitty:

I grabbed a mando premium that was available and I gotta say - far exceeds expectations and has quickly become a gameroom favorite over some tough competition. I agree with delt31 - once the topper comes out and they don’t run this title for a while it’s going to pop . Grab one while you can.

I'm selling my Mando $1 spot for $2, please pm me if interested. Low baller's will be ignored.

#1926 1 year ago
    Quoted from Pinball-Wiz:

When did you order? I called before ordering and was told if I ordered them I wouldn’t get a GZ premium until August. This was fine with me as it gave me time to shuffle things around and hopefully get rid of a few games since I already had too many. I ordered on December 7th.

#1927 1 year ago
    Quoted from tacreno:

That doesn't make a difference. I put down $1000 on JP Premium with them in July and I still don't have it.

Why is cointaker having issues? My speculation is just that they get a good amount of publicity* and got a ton of orders.

*I personally ordered from them because at the time they were a sponsor of the Super Awesome Pinball Podcast. I doubt I was the only one...

#1928 1 year ago

I have a JP premium with cointaker. I'm just hoping that I get it before they stop making them.

#1929 1 year ago

Is July going to be the last run for JP premium?

#1930 1 year ago
    Quoted from wackenhut:

There has been no indication as such.

To the contrary, on a recent episode of the pinball show, Zach said something to the effect of having enough orders to go into next year.

Seems like there are still more to come….

#1931 1 year ago
    Quoted from wackenhut:

Definitely tons of demand and they don't come up for sale on the secondary often.

I'm shocked only one run this summer.

#1932 1 year ago
    Quoted from desertT1:

When did you order? I called before ordering and was told if I ordered them I wouldn’t get a GZ premium until August. This was fine with me as it gave me time to shuffle things around and hopefully get rid of a few games since I already had too many. I ordered on December 7th.

What you're being told and what actually happens are probably going to be two different things. My buddy has had a premium on order since September.. was told January, then march, then April, now who knows when.

Meanwhile, small dealers are delivering Premiums to people in just a few months...

I told him he needs to order from somewhere else next time...

#1933 1 year ago
    Quoted from desertT1:

I placed my GZ prem order with CT on Jan 1 and she just told me last week it’s most likely 2023.
    Not happy to be honest.

#1934 1 year ago
    Quoted from qbass187:

I placed my GZ prem order with CT on Jan 1 and she just told me last week it’s most likely 2023.
    Not happy to be honest.

Ordered mine on the day it was announced. My GZ Prem is arriving on Tuesday.

#1935 1 year ago

*everyone gets in the same line*

"why is this line so long?"

I don't get it.

#1936 1 year ago
    Quoted from JToeps:

*everyone gets in the same line*
    "why is this line so long?"
    I don't get it.

I ordered from a smaller dist in December and I was told august so not all the small ones get the machines sooner

#1937 1 year ago
    Quoted from kool1:

Definitely tons of demand and they don't come up for sale on the secondary often.
    I'm shocked only one run this summer.

Me too! Really hoping for another run as I think I am right on the edge and if the distributors get their supply cut on the July runs then who knows

#1938 1 year ago

Maybe it's time for a third line?

#1939 1 year ago

What does it mean "JP the pin" in November? Are they really using that slot to build the home use machine?

#1940 1 year ago
    Quoted from wackenhut:

What does it mean "JP the pin" in November? Are they really using that slot to build the home use machine?

Yep!

#1941 1 year ago

I was thinking if cointaker is still taking preorders on JP premium that must mean there should be at least one more run after July.

#1942 1 year ago
    Quoted from wackenhut:

Yeah they have another run of them. They sold well.

#1943 1 year ago
    Quoted from wackenhut:

Didn’t think of this… that really sucks for us waiting on full games. The margin on them must be good.

#1944 1 year ago
    Quoted from radium:

Didn’t think of this… that really sucks for us waiting on full games. The margin on them must be good.

I'm sure others say the same about LZ

#1945 1 year ago
    Quoted from bigguybbr:

I'm sure others say the same about LZ

Pinball machines have coin slots.

#1946 1 year ago

Looks like AIQ is finished or finishing on the line next couple days. So Rush is primarily on the line. Pros start shipping this week. If you get notice of your Pro or Premium, share with everyone. I'm currently waiting on my AIQ which is set to arrive any minute today.

Apr 2022 - Rush Pro & Premium
    May 2022 - Deadpool Pro & Premium
    May 2022 - Godzilla Pro & Premium
    June 2022 - Mando Premium
    June 2022 - Rush Pro & Premium
    July 2022 - JP Pro & Premium
    July 2022 - Godzilla Pro & Premium
    Aug 2022 - Star Wars Pro & Premium (original art package)
    Aug 2022 - NEW STERN CORNERSTONE
    Sep 2022 - Star Wars the pin (original & comic art)
    Nov 2022 - JP the pin
    Nov 2022 - Elvira Premium
    Dec 2022 - TMNT Pro & Premium

#1947 1 year ago
    Quoted from JackG:

Looks like AIQ is finished or finishing on the line next couple days. So Rush is primarily on the line. Pros start shipping this week. If you get notice of your Pro or Premium, share with everyone. I'm currently waiting on my AIQ which is set to arrive any minute today.
    Nov 2022 - JP the pin

With the delays they had with the end of the last Godzilla run it really makes me wonder if the May one, and possibly the July one are going to be impacted. Not sure where they source their parts from but with the lockdowns happening in China it seems like more delays could be coming.

#1948 1 year ago
    Quoted from JackG:

Nov 2022 - JP the pin

Just curious: There's two titles listed each month and there's two production lines..... but often it sounds like only one title is ran at a time.
    Is there any difference in capacity between the two lines or are they identical? Do they run a single title on both lines at the same time, or two different titles running concurrently? Was just wondering how that worked.

#1949 1 year ago
    Quoted from TheClownpuncher:

With the delays they had with the end of the last Godzilla run it really makes me wonder if the May one, and possibly the July one are going to be impacted. Not sure where they source their parts from but with the lockdowns happening in China it seems like more delays could be coming.

I know I’m nervous about that, I was told august before they added the extra runs. Initially I was hoping I’d get my machine sooner but after hearing about the struggles in the March run I’m not holding my breath

#1950 1 year ago
    Quoted from JackG:

Looks like AIQ is finished or finishing on the line next couple days. So Rush is primarily on the line. Pros start shipping this week.

Womp, womp. Maybe not. RUSH Pros are halted for running out of parts. They're making RUSH premiums now. RUSH Pro may resume later this week or early next.

There are 8,160 posts in this topic. You are on page 39 of 164.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/what-is-on-the-line-at-stern-pinball-delays/page/39?hl=jason_jehosaphat and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.