Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 8,090 posts
  • 853 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 32 hours ago by matt68061
  • Topic is favorited by 531 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

snaps.gif
    Screenshot_20240318_201633_Chrome (resized).jpg
    IMG_8074 (resized).jpeg
    download (resized).jpeg
    7136153e-4781-4514-8f75-26077beb0e35-1655665323130 (resized).jpg
    designer-delays (resized).png
    image000000 (resized).jpeg
    IMG_1455.gif
    Skinner (resized).png
    26CDA9FF-5625-4BC0-AECC-1FF8C139FBFB (resized).jpeg
    pasted_image (resized).png
    IMG_5780 (resized).png
    bobbymcgeestub.png
    JT.gif
    IMG_5830 (resized).jpg
    hmm-futurama.gif

There are 8,090 posts in this topic. You are on page 37 of 162.
    #1801 1 year ago
    Quoted from shanksfornothin:

Is it common to have damage when receiving a game?

Everything is WAY different now than it was a few years ago.

A few years ago I could call my distributor that is a 40 minute drive away, and ask if he had say a The Walking Dead pro in stock.

With any game back then, he normally had 5 or more of everything in his warehouse, and sometimes all 5 would have damaged boxes, but he would open the box a tad more, and show me the game was fine, and I would take the game home with me, un-box it, and the game was fine.

If you have a distributor in reasonable driving distance, and you are willing to do a little extra work yourself, it pays off.

I get cash out of the bank, saves him credit card fees, and he passes that savings on to me.

I pick the games up, saves a delivery fee.

I get to inspect the box before buying the game in the first place, HELL YES!

I get to hang out with my distributor and talk in the meantime, and I really like him, and I think he likes me, he always laughs about how I walk in wearing a Hawaiian shirt, and how he used to wear those before he got married and his wife made him throw the shirts away.

When I called Jason at Classic Game Rooms to order a GZ prem, he asked me about how well the Big Buck Hunter arcade I bought from him was holding up as far as LASTABILITY. He is thinking about bringing one to his house, and wanted my opinion.

Jason is a awesome dude, if you are in driving distance of him.

Jason also hates the scalpers/flippers, so he has raised his price way up on his LE games, and he said that pissed a lot of people off.

Does not bother me, I have never bought a LE anyway.

Pinball buying is still easy, if you have a good distributor local, and you build a relation with them.

Right now you just have to stay patient, there are no longer 5 NIB's sitting on a shelf, and you have to wait a few months, or pay a scalper/flipper his profit if you are in a hurry.

I for one will not pay 12k for a GZ prem from some flipper on here to get it now, I will wait a few months and get mine for probably 9k from Jason.

If people will stop paying over MSRP to jump ahead of the line, the scalpers/flippers would have to stop this crap they are doing to make themselves a quick buck. They are a major part of the problem, but not for me. I am patient.

And I really hope my long rant here helps to save a lot of members here a lot of money.

I enjoy reading this thread, and I hope all of you have a great week!

#1802 1 year ago

Jjp box seams much better. My avengers was creases on edge but game was fine. Stern needs stronger cardboard. Triple layered.

26049830-C9D3-4CE3-92AE-6E1D8A89487F (resized).jpeg26049830-C9D3-4CE3-92AE-6E1D8A89487F (resized).jpeg
    #1803 1 year ago
    Quoted from beltking:

Jjp box seams much better. My avengers was creases on edge but game was fine. Stern needs stronger cardboard. Triple layered.
    [quoted image]

Christ this would make me pucker up. Glad your game was fine!

#1804 1 year ago

I had box damage but I wasn’t there when it was dropped off. My daughter signed for it but I was super worried because the letter said I should inspect before signing. But these guys always want to drop and run.

Anyway this box has good instructions about inspection before signing. Sometimes the distributor will tell you to accept even if damage if it’s cosmetic that can be fixed on site.

Lucky when I took a box cutter to make a window the game was not damaged.

ADC5C45C-01F8-4C08-9763-C164A7232E92 (resized).pngADC5C45C-01F8-4C08-9763-C164A7232E92 (resized).png
    1508B39D-556A-4B40-B742-4831504E1C88 (resized).png1508B39D-556A-4B40-B742-4831504E1C88 (resized).png

#1805 1 year ago

Looks like the wood is damaged?

Quoted from rai:

I had box damage but I wasn’t there when it was dropped off. My daughter signed for it but I was super worried because the letter said I should inspect before signing. But these guys always want to drop and run.
    Anyway this box has good instructions about inspection before signing. Sometimes the distributor will tell you to accept even if damage if it’s cosmetic that can be fixed on site.
    Lucky when I took a box cutter to make a window the game was not damaged.
    [quoted image]
    [quoted image]

#1806 1 year ago
    Quoted from jkashani:

Looks like the wood is damaged?

That's a piece of the cut cardboard box hanging in the foreground out of focus.

#1807 1 year ago
    Quoted from craif:

That's a piece of the cut cardboard box hanging in the foreground out of focus.

Yea. I’m sorry didn’t have a more zoomed out picture.

#1808 1 year ago

I had to refuse a NIB game from FedEx this week. Somebody drove a fork straight through the underside of the cabinet. Had the best driver so far out of all deliveries. He showed up and apologized that the game was damaged. He already had the paperwork pre filled out for refusal. FedEx makes him bring it to the house still so I can refuse it in person which is dumb and waste of fuel and time.

#1809 1 year ago
    Quoted from mbl1116:

Total crapshoot. If you ask me I’d tell you that freight companies must employ a bunch of reckless toddlers as I’ve had to refuse both NIB games that have been delivered directly to my house. You’ll find others on this thread that have had a dozen home deliveries go flawlessly. Just don’t be shy about making the driver wait while you inspect the box. If there’s anything funny about the box they also have to wait while you open it up….and don’t let the driver try to get you to sign before opening the liftgate (R&L)

I just recently (Tuesday, April 12) took delivery (Forward Air) of a NIB Wonka LE. I purchased the game through Automated Services, LLC. The box was fully intact with no visible damage and both the shock sensor and tip sensor on the box indicated that the shipment was not damaged.

The delivery driver used his pallet jack and put the game into my garage and asked me to sign for the game. I told him that I would sign for it, however, I let him know that I would add 'UNABLE TO CHECK FOR CONCEALED DAMAGE' as a notation to the Bill of Lading that I signed and he said that was a common practice and many customers did the same thing.

When I unboxed and setup the game a few hours later it was in perfect condition without any damage. Prior to receiving my NIB Wonka LE, Automated Services, LLC, sent me the following instructions for receiving my NIB Wonka LE.

*** PLEASE NOTE ***

THE SHIPMENT MUST BE UNBOXED AND THOROUGHLY INSPECTED (ALL FOUR SIDES, TOP, BOTTOM, ETC.) UPON ARRIVAL WHILE THE FREIGHT COMPANY IS STILL THERE. THERE CAN BE DAMAGE SUSTAINED BY DROPPING THE MACHINE WHICH MAY NOT BE OBVIOUS WITH A VISIBLE INSPECTION OF THE OUTSIDE PACKAGING.

IF THE DRIVER WILL NOT WAIT FOR YOU TO UNBOX THE FREIGHT, JUST NOTE 'UNABLE TO CHECK FOR CONCEALED DAMAGE' ON THE PAPERWORK HE WILL ASK YOU TO SIGN AND THEN SIGN.

IF THERE IS ANY DAMAGE WHATSOEVER, YOU MAY EITHER REFUSE THE SHIPMENT OR NOTE THE DAMAGE ON THE BILL OF LADING WHEN SIGNING FOR THE SHIPMENT.

IF THERE ARE NO NOTES DESCRIBING ANY DAMAGE OR "UNABLE TO CHECK FOR CONCEALED DAMAGE' NOTED ON THE SIGNED PAPERWORK, THEN THERE IS NO RECOURSE FOR AN INSURANCE CLAIM OF DAMAGE UNDER ANY CIRCUMSTANCES. ANY QUESTIONS, PLEASE CALL US AT 800-727-8363 OR CALL THE FREIGHT COMPANY'S CUSTOMER SERVICE NUMBER ABOVE.

AGAIN, DO NOT SIGN FOR THE MERCHANDISE UNTIL YOU ARE SATISFIED THAT IT HAS NOT BEEN DAMAGED IN TRANSIT - YOUR SIGNATURE ON THE BILL OF LADING WITHOUT NOTATIONS MEANS THAT THE MACHINE WAS RECEIVED CLEAR OF ANY SHIPPING DAMAGE.*****

Gord

#1810 1 year ago

Just contributing to the trend of NIB damage, sorry if you have seen this in other threads or forums but it's my catharsis while I wait for its return...was "supposed" to receive this on the 11th. Thanks to Fedex Freight, REFUSED. Kurt and Mark Hemispheres are on the case. Kurt has been outstanding and really stressed the need for wanting to get my game back to me ASAP. Sent him the pics immediately and he said, paraphrasing...'We'll take it from here, I want to get your game back to you as soon as we can!'

My pouring over the pics countless times tell me a careless fork driver slid his forks down the box, catching the top edge and crushing it while taking off the banding, then scraping down the side of the box until it started to dig in when the box shifted on the pallet as the banding was loosened. Then it dug in and cut the Tmold and backbox decal.

I refused this based on the fact that it's still hard to tell if and pressure was put on the bockbox from the forks and crushed anything versus just the visual damage, so sending it back was a no brainer.

Just really sucks hard that after waiting since October, this happens. I HATE you FEDEX

20220411_131314 (resized).jpg20220411_131314 (resized).jpg20220411_131051 (resized).jpg20220411_131051 (resized).jpg20220411_131118 (resized).jpg20220411_131118 (resized).jpg20220411_131152 (resized).jpg20220411_131152 (resized).jpg20220411_131246 (resized).jpg20220411_131246 (resized).jpgScreenshot 2022-04-11 140027 (resized).jpgScreenshot 2022-04-11 140027 (resized).jpgScreenshot 2022-04-11 140056 (resized).jpgScreenshot 2022-04-11 140056 (resized).jpg

#1811 1 year ago
    Quoted from fooflighter:

Just contributing to the trend of NIB damage, sorry if you have seen this in other threads or forums but it's my catharsis while I wait for its return...was "supposed" to receive this on the 11th. Thanks to Fedex Freight, REFUSED. Kurt and Mark Hemispheres are on the case.
    My pouring over the pics countless times tell me a careless fork driver slid his forks down the box, catching the top edge and crushing it while taking off the banding, then scraping down the side of the box until it started to dig in when the box shifted on the pallet as the banding was loosened. Then it dug in and cut the Tmold and backbox decal.
    I refused this based on the fact that it's still hard to tell if and pressure was put on the bockbox from the forks and crushed anything versus just the visual damage, so sending it back was a no brainer.
    Just really sucks hard that after waiting since October, this happens. I HATE you FEDEX
    [quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

Yikes Dude! That's soul crushing... sorry that happened and I can understand the anticipation and then you see something like this. I'm fortunate enough to be within an hour of my distributor. I know not everyone has that luxury but man those images are hard to look at.

#1812 1 year ago
    Quoted from fooflighter:

Just contributing to the trend of NIB damage, sorry if you have seen this in other threads or forums but it's my catharsis while I wait for its return...was "supposed" to receive this on the 11th. Thanks to Fedex Freight, REFUSED. Kurt and Mark Hemispheres are on the case.
    [quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

I had seen this, but it's still painful. Really sorry that happened man. Sucks to have so much patience just wasted by one tiny moment of carelessness of someone involved in transport. Hopefully your next delivery is expedient and pristine.

#1813 1 year ago
    Quoted from PoopsMagee:

I had seen this, but it's still painful. Really sorry that happened man. Sucks to have so much patience just wasted by one tiny moment of carelessness of someone involved in transport. Hopefully your next delivery is expedient and pristine.

Thank you. Trust me...I would love to have just one WTF were you thinking moment with this individual

#1814 1 year ago

Hey guys, let's not derail the thread. Don't want to be thread police, but start a new thread about NIB shipping woes. This place is for what's on the line at Stern. Let's try to focus on that. Here is what is on the line and what's coming up:

Apr 2022 - AIQ Premium & Pro
    Apr 2022 - Rush Pro & Premium
    May 2022 - Deadpool Pro & Premium
    May 2022 - Godzilla Pro & Premium
    June 2022 - Mando Premium
    June 2022 - Rush Pro & Premium
    July 2022 - JP Pro & Premium
    July 2022 - Godzilla Pro & Premium
    Aug 2022 - Star Wars Pro & Premium (original art package)
    Aug 2022 - NEW STERN CORNERSTONE
    Sep 2022 - Star Wars the pin (original & comic art)
    Nov 2022 - JP the pin
    Nov 2022 - Elvira Premium
    Dec 2022 - TMNT Pro & Premium

#1815 1 year ago
    Quoted from JackG:

Hey guys, let's not derail the thread. Don't want to be thread police, but start a new thread about NIB shipping woes. This place is for what's on the line at Stern. Let's try to focus on that. Here is what is on the line and what's coming up:
    Apr 2022 - AIQ Premium & Pro
    Apr 2022 - Rush Pro & Premium
    May 2022 - Deadpool Pro & Premium
    May 2022 - Godzilla Pro & Premium
    June 2022 - Mando Premium
    June 2022 - Rush Pro & Premium
    July 2022 - JP Pro & Premium
    July 2022 - Godzilla Pro & Premium
    Aug 2022 - Star Wars Pro & Premium (original art package)
    Aug 2022 - NEW STERN CORNERSTONE
    Sep 2022 - Star Wars the pin (original & comic art)
    Nov 2022 - JP the pin
    Nov 2022 - Elvira Premium
    Dec 2022 - TMNT Pro & Premium

Dang! No iron maiden in sight

#1816 1 year ago

I got the call Godzilla premium to be delivered Wednesday! Go go go Godzilla!
    Ordered in November

#1817 1 year ago
    Quoted from Dwboca:

Wish stern would move games they aren't going to make anymore to the archive section as soon as they know that. Everyone's saying they aren't going to make any more IMDN but it's not been moved yet

#1818 1 year ago
    Quoted from NoSkills:

Wish stern would move games they aren't going to make anymore to the archive section as soon as they know that. Everyone's saying they aren't going to make any more IMDN but it's not been moved yet

Always a chance when we get to 2023 there will be one more run before they lob things into the archive.

#1819 1 year ago
    Quoted from fooflighter:

Just contributing to the trend of NIB damage, sorry if you have seen this in other threads or forums but it's my catharsis while I wait for its return...was "supposed" to receive this on the 11th. Thanks to Fedex Freight, REFUSED. Kurt and Mark Hemispheres are on the case. Kurt has been outstanding and really stressed the need for wanting to get my game back to me ASAP. Sent him the pics immediately and he said, paraphrasing...'We'll take it from here, I want to get your game back to you as soon as we can!'

FedEx is the worst bunch in shipping that is painful to look at.

#1820 1 year ago
    Quoted from Dwboca:

Only place you'll see IM in production!

pasted_image (resized).pngpasted_image (resized).png
    #1821 1 year ago
    Quoted from NoSkills:

I would imagine that Stern will extend the license on IMDN. Considering demand and the fact that the band isn’t super popular these days, I would think that they could get an extension for minimal cost.

#1822 1 year ago

New album and new US tour, I don’t think popularity or cash flow is a problem. They’ve got their core fans and don’t need award shows and “rock hall” inductions to keep doing what they’ve been doing all these years.

#1823 1 year ago
    Quoted from big-c66:

FedEx is the worst bunch in shipping that is painful to look at.

R&L is the worst. I’ve actually had really good luck with FedEx freight

#1824 1 year ago
    Quoted from MaxIsDead:

R&L is the worst. I’ve actually had really good luck with FedEx freight

Funny how everyone has different experiences. I have never had a problem with R&L. Must be a regional thing.

#1825 1 year ago

Question from a newbie. How long do games typically stay in production? Is it too late to get a new Batman 66 or Ghostbusters?

#1826 1 year ago
    Quoted from Striker:

Question from a newbie. How long do games typically stay in production? Is it too late to get a Batman 66 or Ghostbusters?

Yes those are done. I have a Batman 66 catwoman for sale in Ohio.

#1827 1 year ago
    Quoted from Striker:

Question from a newbie. How long do games typically stay in production? Is it too late to get a new Batman 66 or Ghostbusters?

Typically it’s different each game. Stranger things premium likely only 2 years run. BM66 was around 5 full years. You’ll also have an example like Iron Man first released in 2010 was being run in 2020 iirc

This gives us some hope of Tron or GB re-runs but not likely since Stern can’t seem to build the current games like Rush and Godzilla.

#1828 1 year ago
    Quoted from Dwboca:

Of course. The world already knows NO MORE IRON MAIDEN WILL BE PRODUCED!

It's done. No more. Stern already said that. You see the next years planned production too.

no (resized).jpgno (resized).jpg

#1829 1 year ago
    Quoted from Striker:

Newbie in NOVA you say. Check out this thread for local(ish) places to play. There is a Batman 66 in Mom's College Park MD and a Ghostbusters in CrabtownUSA in Glen Burnie Maryland.

Added 23 months ago:

Edit: Here is the link I forgot to put in. https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/maryland-location-play-club/page/5#post-6885842

#1830 1 year ago

Aiq just got to L.A. ready for shipment to hawaii!

#1831 1 year ago
    Quoted from MasterBlaster:

and the fact that the band isn’t super popular these days, I would think that they could get an extension for minimal cost.

Every time I wear my IM pinball tournament shirt someone comes up to me and says they like my shirt. They are always big Iron Maiden fans that didn’t even know that a pinball machine was made. There are a lot of fans out there. Even if it gets archived, there is nothing to stop a vault edition years from now.

#1832 1 year ago
    Quoted from rai:

Typically it’s different each game. Stranger things premium likely only 2 years run. BM66 was around 5 full years. You’ll also have an example like Iron Man first released in 2010 was being run in 2020 iirc
    This gives us some hope of Tron or GB re-runs but not likely since Stern can’t seem to build the current games like Rush and Godzilla.

Thanks! Very helpful.

#1833 1 year ago

I’d say the average time is 4 years but can be shorter (Mustang) or extended like or AcDc which was released in 2012 but had a vault edition in 2017.

It seems unlikely that vault editions would be a priority even with strong demand like LotR, Tron etc.

#1834 1 year ago
    Quoted from rai:

It seems unlikely that vault editions would be a priority even with strong demand like LotR, Tron etc.

I'd also think that if they planned on vaulting a game originally made with a DMD, it would require being moved to the Spike 2 system with an LCD screen (reprogramming of all the visual assets) and Insider Connected. I'd like to see several DMD era games vaulted, and even early Spike games with DMDs like KISS, but I'm thinking they're never going to release another game with a DMD. Maybe I'm wrong.

#1835 1 year ago
    Quoted from Rum-Z:

I'd also think that if they planned on vaulting a game originally made with a DMD, it would require being moved to the Spike 2 system with an LCD screen (reprogramming of all the visual assets) and Insider Connected. I'd like to see several DMD era games vaulted, and even early Spike games with DMDs like KISS, but I'm thinking they're never going to release another game with a DMD. Maybe I'm wrong.

Not to derail the thread but a vault of a DMD game with new assets and a LCD screen on a game like lord of the rings or kiss would be super cool and would definitely take my money lol

#1836 1 year ago
    Quoted from shanksfornothin:

Not to derail the thread but a vault of a DMD game with new assets and a LCD screen on a game like lord of the rings or kiss would be super cool and would definitely take my money lol

I mean it’s never too late, look at the Williams remakes, I could see that happening at some point in the future.

#1837 1 year ago

I pre-ordered a Rush pro in mid February. I contacted my distributor regarding an estimated arrival date. I was told June, most likely.

#1838 1 year ago

My disti said that my Rush Prem was due to be made last week. Any news on if Rush is on the line or if they slipped a bit? (likely)

#1839 1 year ago
    Quoted from JToeps:

My disti said that my Rush Prem was due to be made last week. Any news on if Rush is on the line or if they slipped a bit? (likely)

Last I heard Rush production coming for the next 2 weeks

#1840 1 year ago
    Quoted from JohnnyPinball007:

Jason is a awesome dude, if you are in driving distance of him.

I am getting a AIQ Premium next week from Jason at Classic Game Rooms. He has been great to work with. Highly recommend!

#1841 1 year ago
    Quoted from JToeps:

Apparently Rush is starting on the line this week. So AIQ should be wrapping up. My AIQ is set to arrive on Friday. So Rush might start shipping out end of next week.

#1842 1 year ago
    Quoted from vicjw66:

Every time I wear my IM pinball tournament shirt someone comes up to me and says they like my shirt. They are always big Iron Maiden fans that didn’t even know that a pinball machine was made. There are a lot of fans out there. Even if it gets archived, there is nothing to stop a vault edition years from now.

HA!

You act as if you actually know this to be a fact.
    But you don't know anything about this topic, do ya?
    Keep dreaming!

#1843 1 year ago
    Quoted from JToeps:

I was told today to expect my rush pro to ship next week.

#1844 1 year ago

To the people who tell us that there machine is shipping next week....it helps us out if you would also mention when your order was placed. Without the information it is impossible to visualize the delay period. Thx

#1845 1 year ago
    Quoted from gandamack:

To the people who tell us that there machine is shipping next week....it helps us out if you would also mention when your order was placed. Without the information it is impossible to visualize the delay period. Thx

1/4/22 for me. I think it was launch day. This is the launch RUSH Pro that was delayed 4 months. I ended up just getting a RUSH LE so I could do the mods in a timely fashion and have already sold the now-unneeded Pro that will ship to the new owner directly.

#1846 1 year ago
    Quoted from PinMonk:

1/4/22 for me. I think it was launch day. This is the launch RUSH Pro that was delayed 4 months. I ended up just getting a RUSH LE so I could do the mods in a timely fashion and have already sold the now-unneeded Pro that will ship to the new owner directly.

I placed my order 1/6. Have not heard anything yet. Hopefully soon.

#1847 1 year ago
    Quoted from turbo2nr:

Of course. The world already knows NO MORE IRON MAIDEN WILL BE PRODUCED!
    It's done. No more. Stern already said that. You see the next years planned production too.

[quoted image]

Not doubting but just curious where this was posted by stern. News to me a a I thought they renewed license?

#1848 1 year ago
    Quoted from delt31:

Not doubting but just curious where this was posted by stern. News to me a a I thought they renewed license?

It wasn't. Nobody knows anything except Stern. Everybody just tells the same rumors back and forth to each other.

#1849 1 year ago
    Quoted from PinMonk:

same here, launch day.

#1850 1 year ago

For GZ Premium, I placed my order September 10th and was told sometime between May - July.

There are 8,090 posts in this topic. You are on page 37 of 162.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/what-is-on-the-line-at-stern-pinball-delays/page/37?hl=jstoltz and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.