Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 8,090 posts
  • 853 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 2 days ago by matt68061
  • Topic is favorited by 531 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

snaps.gif
    Screenshot_20240318_201633_Chrome (resized).jpg
    IMG_8074 (resized).jpeg
    download (resized).jpeg
    7136153e-4781-4514-8f75-26077beb0e35-1655665323130 (resized).jpg
    designer-delays (resized).png
    image000000 (resized).jpeg
    IMG_1455.gif
    Skinner (resized).png
    26CDA9FF-5625-4BC0-AECC-1FF8C139FBFB (resized).jpeg
    pasted_image (resized).png
    IMG_5780 (resized).png
    bobbymcgeestub.png
    JT.gif
    IMG_5830 (resized).jpg
    hmm-futurama.gif

There are 8,090 posts in this topic. You are on page 36 of 162.
    #1751 1 year ago
    Quoted from beltking:

Received my avengers today. Stern has the outlines closed to closest position. That’s a first I think. Looks in good condition so far.
    [quoted image]

I think that has always been the default for AIQ. They are still brutal!

#1752 1 year ago
    Quoted from beltking:

Received my avengers today. Stern has the outlines closed to closest position. That’s a first I think. Looks in good condition so far.
    [quoted image]

The outlanes will still swallow more balls than Linda Lovelace.

#1753 1 year ago
    Quoted from beltking:

[quoted image]

Congrats on that! It looks beautiful! Always good to see people actually getting their pins on this thread!

#1754 1 year ago
    Quoted from beltking:

[quoted image]

Looks great! Who was the shipping carrier? Should get mine any day from FedEx ……..

#1755 1 year ago

Anyone have any updates on toppers. 3 games behind at this point and counting…

#1756 1 year ago

Looks like AIQ premium (and pro) is still on the line.
    (From stern facebook page today)

sternaiqprem (resized).jpgsternaiqprem (resized).jpg

#1757 1 year ago

Need help. I went over all cables and all are good but the menu/volume button on coindoor doesn’t work at all. Any suggestions?

I checked everything. The cable is plugged into the buttons on the bottom and into board. Also the lockdown light isn’t working.

#1758 1 year ago
    Quoted from TheClownpuncher:

Christ, that made me cough.

#1759 1 year ago
    Quoted from beltking:

Need help. I went over all cables and all are good but the menu/volume button on coindoor doesn’t work at all. Any suggestions?
    I checked everything. The cable is plugged into the buttons on the bottom and into board. Also the lockdown light isn’t working.

I think this might have been posted in the wrong thread.

This thread is for talking about the stern production schedule.

#1760 1 year ago
    Quoted from beltking:Need help. I went over all cables and all are good but the menu/volume button on coindoor doesn’t work at all. Any suggestions?

I had this issue also on my Godzilla prem that came the other day. I finally pushed the button down insanely hard out of anger, and it finally registered.

#1761 1 year ago
    Quoted from tedwasright:

Christ, that made me cough.

Her too, probably..!

#1762 1 year ago
    Quoted from number_runner:

I had this issue also on my Godzilla prem that came the other day. I finally pushed the button down insanely hard out of anger, and it finally registered.

When in doubt, smash it I too suffer from that problem lol

#1763 1 year ago

I just got word that my (first home pin!) Avengers IQ Premium is in stock and ready to ship. I ordered on March 25.

#1764 1 year ago
    Quoted from Maniac227:

Looks like AIQ premium (and pro) is still on the line.
    (From stern facebook page today)
    [quoted image]

Those light fixtures look exactly the same as a DeLorean time machine exhaust port. Coincidence? I think not.

#1765 1 year ago

I can't get the Canadian stern dist. to get back to me and USA distributors are not authorized to ship here. I imagine stock availability in canada is a lot less than stateside.

#1766 1 year ago
    Quoted from Jaeg:

Those light fixtures look exactly the same as a DeLorean time machine exhaust port. Coincidence? I think not.

Screenshot_20220227-213119_Chrome (resized).jpgScreenshot_20220227-213119_Chrome (resized).jpg

I was hoping for a surprise Kapow release this summer. But the current schedule doesn't seem to allow for it. Hopefully early next year!

#1767 1 year ago
    Quoted from beltking:

Check the harness/cable that connects to the coin door board, with the power off.

Pull the connector and look to see that each pin is seated inside the connector fully and isn't mis-crimped somehow.

#1768 1 year ago
    Quoted from pinfarmer:

I can't get the Canadian stern dist. to get back to me and USA distributors are not authorized to ship here. I imagine stock availability in canada is a lot less than stateside.

Try living in Aus, where your new game arrives after the next one is released.

#1769 1 year ago
    Quoted from TheClownpuncher:

1/2 of Pinside: “Who?”
    The other half: “Ahhhh, good one”

#1770 1 year ago
    Quoted from pinfarmer:

Just get an American distro to ship it near the border, then go pick it up. There are plenty of US distros that will be happy to deal with you if P1 isn't communicating.

#1771 1 year ago

Arrived yesterday. Was a long wait, but excited to get some games in.

20220413_203136 (resized).jpg20220413_203136 (resized).jpg
    #1772 1 year ago
    Quoted from Obed_Marsh:

[quoted image]

When did you order?
    So hyped for you!

#1773 1 year ago
    Quoted from Obed_Marsh:

[quoted image]

Congrats brother! So happy to see these rolling in!

#1774 1 year ago
    Quoted from shanksfornothin:

When did you order?
    So hyped for you!

Thanks! Ordered day of reveal on 9-14. The machine shows a March 30 build date.

#1775 1 year ago

The elephant in the room, I’m more worried about damage during shipping because these games are not easily replaceable.

Hopefully the shipper are handling them with kid gloves.

#1776 1 year ago
    Quoted from Saltimbanco:

Her too, probably..!

lol you guys gotta brush up with newer names. That was some Bush era name dropping and not referring to the former president. lolol.

#1777 1 year ago
    Quoted from rai:

The elephant in the room, I’m more worried about damage during shipping because these games are not easily replaceable.

I'm thinking the same. Hopefully I'll be receiving a RUSH Premium in the next run, and I'm trying to figure out what the threshold is where I accept minor damage and work with my distro on fixing it after the fact vs sending back. I guess anything structural is an immediate "send back", but it seems silly to send back due to something cosmetic if that means waiting another year for a machine.

I'm sure it's distro to distro, but do people who receive a damaged cabinet to to get bumped to the top of the line for replacement? LOGICALLY, as someone who has worked in various service industries my whole life, I can't imagine a distro saying "ooh that sucks, back of the line for your replacement" so I'm assuming someone who receives a damaged cab is taken care of as quickly as possible.

Does Stern go out of their way to repair and re-ship a shipping damaged cab outside of normal production lines, or does the damaged cab disappear into the aether while a complete replacement is provided?

#1778 1 year ago
    Quoted from rai:

They don’t unfortunately. I’ve had 2 NIB deliveries and I’ve had to refuse both due to damage. Both showed signs of being clamped and stacked (which it clearly says not to do on the box). It really is time for Stern to start including stronger packaging along with these price increases, as the workers at these freight companies can’t be trusted to follow simple directions

#1779 1 year ago
    Quoted from aamauzy:

I'm thinking the same. Hopefully I'll be receiving a RUSH Premium in the next run, and I'm trying to figure out what the threshold is where I accept minor damage and work with my distro on fixing it after the fact vs sending back. I guess anything structural is an immediate "send back", but it seems silly to send back due to something cosmetic if that means waiting another year for a machine.
    I'm sure it's distro to distro, but do people who receive a damaged cabinet to to get bumped to the top of the line for replacement? LOGICALLY, as someone who has worked in various service industries my whole life, I can't imagine a distro saying "ooh that sucks, back of the line for your replacement" so I'm assuming someone who receives a damaged cab is taken care of as quickly as possible.
    Does Stern go out of their way to repair and re-ship a shipping damaged cab outside of normal production lines, or does the damaged cab disappear into the aether while a complete replacement is provided?

It’s up to you but i won’t accept anything less than perfect on a $7000-$9000 purchase, cosmetic or otherwise. If you send back for cosmetic stuff just be prepared to wait for the repair process. I think they quote you 60 days to be safe. I take a conservative approach to refusing delivery in that if the box has been smashed up a bit, I have no idea what happened to the internals until i get it set up. If it looks like it was abused at any point it’s an automatic refusal for me

#1780 1 year ago

I’ve been lucky with a dozen nib games only box damage. Half were pristine the other half had external box damage but no damage to the pin.

#1781 1 year ago
    Quoted from rai:

I’ve been lucky with a dozen NIB games only box damage.
    Half had external box damage but no damage to the pin.

So you're saying you're overdue for game damage on your next NIB then?

#1782 1 year ago
    Quoted from littlecammi:

F82EB86B-182C-49F1-B3C2-D62242D83E56 (resized).pngF82EB86B-182C-49F1-B3C2-D62242D83E56 (resized).png
    #1783 1 year ago
    Quoted from PapaBless:

I am an absolute hound. I have messaged and called her several times since I paid it off. First it was "Monday", then she got sick, waited the whole week, then it was the convention, then it would be the following "Monday" (yesterday), then it was today, and nothing so far. I wish I knew what was going on, if it was/is a Stern delay I wish she would let us know. If it is not a Stern delay...what's the deal. Thanks for the update though I have yet to hear from anyone who got their game from CT yet so although crappy news, we are not alone.
    Curious if Stern has had delays this far out in shipping to the distributors, seems like GZ should have been finished weeks ago. Based on others already playing their games in their homes that appears to be the case, not sure why CT is different. Large distributor like themselves I assumed would get stock quickly from Stern.

Got a tracking number yesterday and then updated today with a delivery date for Monday. It looks to be shipping from Stern in Il not CT in PA so wonder where the backup was in getting them out of the door.

#1784 1 year ago

I also got a call from our distributor today 4/14 that they got in our GZ premium. This is only a guess, but I am thinking they had the machines mostly built and were just waiting on a minor part that was delayed to finish the machines. Maybe the plastic they changed? Or something Minor like that.

#1785 1 year ago

I was told on the 5th of April that it was a parts issue thing, and to expect my machine in two to three weeks. I’m basically just waiting until May when it’s on the line again. Should at least get mine by May.

#1786 1 year ago

I'm so pumped that a lot of you are receiving this news about your GZ Premiums heading your way. I put down a deposit on mine back in Feb this year from Classic Game Rooms and I was told June back then with a slight hesitation in his voice. Could be August after seeing that list.

#1787 1 year ago
    Quoted from Micahdell:

I also got a call from our distributor today 4/14 that they got in our GZ premium. This is only a guess, but I am thinking they had the machines mostly built and were just waiting on a minor part that was delayed to finish the machines. Maybe the plastic they changed? Or something Minor like that.

The stop in production was due to warped playfields. They stopped production until they could be replaced. I am confident this is true.

#1788 1 year ago
    Quoted from Dewmahn:

Got a tracking number yesterday and then updated today with a delivery date for Monday. It looks to be shipping from Stern in Il not CT in PA so wonder where the backup was in getting them out of the door.

I too got my tracking info for my Pro from CT today!
    After about 10 different times communicating with Melissa (she's gotta be annoyed with me) she mentioned that they share Stern's warehouse. Their games are shipped from that warehouse not CT in PA. I honestly think the games were not finished when we paid. There is no reason my game should have taken 2 weeks to ship from when I paid. I think Stern sold all the machines waiting on some single piece to "finish" the game. Once they popped the part in it was boxed up and THEN shipped out. I suspect it wasn't a line but rather a bunch of machines that were almost finished and just needed the finishing "touch"

Look, whatever it is I don't care. Now praying for no damage....

#1789 1 year ago
    Quoted from tedwasright:

The stop in production was due to warped playfields. They stopped production until they could be replaced. I am confident this is true.

Ooooh...that's not good. Hope none made it out the door!

#1790 1 year ago

GZ premiums are being distributed in Toronto too - apparently some fall orders are being delivered.

Although who knows what to believe as rumours of flipping of order spots is taking place w/ the original order maker reapplying for the next run without taking delivery of the first.

Mad Max should be the next title as it appears to be every man for themselves these days, I always liked Thunderdome - but Fury Road may have been the pinnacle.

Fucking flippers.

#1791 1 year ago
    Quoted from littlecammi:

Is it common to have damage when receiving a game? This will be my first NIB should I be nervous of it showing up in pieces ?! How often does that happen?

#1792 1 year ago

Both my games in my collection now came NIB with no problems XMLE through SIAA and JP through R&L no problems. However in all my years on Pinside I've seen it all.

#1793 1 year ago

Is it common to have damage when receiving a game? This will be my first NIB should I be nervous of it showing up in pieces ?! How often does that happen?

I learned the hard way, but just make sure to inspect before signing the bill of Lading. I originally only thought would do that if the box looked thrashed, but when I got Halloween the box looked perfectly fine, and the tip n tell looked good. When I unboxed the machine there was massive cabinet wood damage. It looked like the game had been dropped on the pallet from a forklift.

Luckily I had bought the game directly from Spooky and even though I had signed for the machine and accepted delivery and didn't discover the damage until a few days later they went above and beyond in helping me out. They covered return shipping and ended up building me a new machine. That said they didn't have to do that, and if they weren't so cool about it I would have been screwed

So definitely at least do a cursory inspection before accepting delivery and signing the bill.

#1794 1 year ago

On my first I hopped in the truck to look before I'd even let them lower the lift gate. There was a minor crease in one side of the box. I called my distributor and asked them how to proceed. They had me send a few pictures and then told me to sign for it. When I started to apologize for overreacting they laughed, thanked me and said if all their customers would overreact like that it would save them a lot of headaches. Game was fine.

Look at everything. If you get the slightest whiff of a problem get on the horn and let the distributor decide. Particularly the first time.

#1795 1 year ago

When someone sells a new in box machine on this site, do they ever inspect it? Looks like they don’t even open it or it loses value lol. People seem to like it still strapped to the pallet.

#1796 1 year ago

All this talk of receiving NIB games reminds me, don't forget to tip the drivers! They work hard and really appreciate it.

#1797 1 year ago
    Quoted from Only_Pinball:

All this talk of receiving NIB games reminds me, don't forget to tip the drivers! They work hard and really appreciate it.

Seconded! They really appreciate it and these folks are helping make our pinball dreams a reality. Even a few bucks to buy lunch or a beer after work is better than nada.

#1798 1 year ago

Total crapshoot. If you ask me I’d tell you that freight companies must employ a bunch of reckless toddlers as I’ve had to refuse both NIB games that have been delivered directly to my house. You’ll find others on this thread that have had a dozen home deliveries go flawlessly. Just don’t be shy about making the driver wait while you inspect the box. If there’s anything funny about the box they also have to wait while you open it up….and don’t let the driver try to get you to sign before opening the liftgate (R&L)

#1799 1 year ago

Hearing all these people getting their Zillas on the way makes me happy! Time for a song! (Sung to the Blue Oyster Cult tune)
    OHHH YO! STERN GETTIN EM OUT THE DOOR! GO-GO-GODZILLA! YEAHHH!

#1800 1 year ago
    Quoted from Only_Pinball:

Yes! These guys only unload and deliver -and get bitched at for 1. It taking so long for delivery from the manufacturer 2. the 9 AM-2 PM window making the recipient take the day off work 3. some mouth breather forking the game and still loading it on the truck like nothing happened. I always offer the guy a drink and give him a 20 while I check everything out. That’s when they tell you the stories about unloading stuff off the truck while thinking “oh man, this is not gonna go over well”.

There are 8,090 posts in this topic. You are on page 36 of 162.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/what-is-on-the-line-at-stern-pinball-delays/page/36?hl=simpleskin and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.