Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 8,146 posts
  • 857 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 4 hours ago by BubbaPin
  • Topic is favorited by 533 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

glasses.gif
    nedry.gif
    snaps.gif
    Screenshot_20240318_201633_Chrome (resized).jpg
    IMG_8074 (resized).jpeg
    download (resized).jpeg
    7136153e-4781-4514-8f75-26077beb0e35-1655665323130 (resized).jpg
    designer-delays (resized).png
    image000000 (resized).jpeg
    IMG_1455.gif
    Skinner (resized).png
    26CDA9FF-5625-4BC0-AECC-1FF8C139FBFB (resized).jpeg
    pasted_image (resized).png
    IMG_5780 (resized).png
    bobbymcgeestub.png
    JT.gif
    There are 8,146 posts in this topic. You are on page 35 of 163.
    #1701 2 years ago
    Quoted from Beechwood:

All I know is I ordered the EHOH June '21 and now its pushed to December '22 (18 months) and who knows what they will charge or even if it will be pushed into '23.
    It's just become crazy. Seriously think I may be out of this hobby soon as it's not the fun it used to be.

I’m with you I’m on the list with 2 different distributors for Elvira but who is how many they will make or decide none at all. I really want this one but it’s not looking good lol

#1702 2 years ago
    Quoted from sandro:

Or possibly that Stern is supply chain constrained on certain parts on specific machines. That maybe they are scheduling runs as parts for a given game become available...

This x10. I think anybody in manufacturing knows this is a reality. Unless your product is modular, you can't start building until all the parts are available.

#1703 2 years ago
    Quoted from HooperTriplett:

This x10. I think anybody in manufacturing knows this is a reality. Unless your product is modular, you can't start building until all the parts are available.

Even then, you are left with inventory sitting around in 1/2 completed machines that requires bespoke labor / manufacturing engineering to rework. Off-nominal processes are ALWAYS associated with a drop in product quality unless you pay through the nose for additional engineering + manufacturing support.

#1704 2 years ago

Just heard my AIQ premium should be landing at the distributor tomorrow.

#1705 2 years ago

A new TPN episode, Zach returned and gave us an update. Here is what is scheduled to be on the line coming up. Updates. AIQ Premium built before the Pro. Pros start on the line this week. June will have a Mando Premium run, along with another run of Rush Pro and Premiums. Deadpool and JP swapped spots, but Deadpool should go on the line beginning of May - ship out Mid May. But looks like the line is going to be filled up and doesn't seem likely there will be a surprise Kapow release this summer. New Cornerstone being built in August and September.

Apr 2022 - AIQ Premium & Pro
    Apr 2022 - Rush Pro & Premium
    May 2022 - Deadpool Pro & Premium
    May 2022 - Godzilla Pro & Premium
    June 2022 - Mando Premium
    June 2022 - Rush Pro & Premium
    July 2022 - JP Pro & Premium
    July 2022 - Godzilla Pro & Premium
    Aug 2022 - Star Wars Pro & Premium (original art package)
    Aug 2022 - NEW STERN CORNERSTONE
    Sep 2022 - Star Wars the pin (original & comic art)
    Nov 2022 - JP the pin
    Nov 2022 - Elvira Premium
    Dec 2022 - TMNT Pro & Premium

#1706 2 years ago
    Quoted from JackG:

A new TPN episode, Zach returned and gave us an update. Here is what is scheduled to be on the line coming up. Updates. AIQ Premium built before the Pro. Pros start on the line this week. June will have a Mando Premium run, along with another run of Rush Pro and Premiums. Deadpool and JP swapped spots, but Deadpool should go on the line beginning of May - ship out Mid May. But looks like the line is going to be filled up and doesn't seem likely there will be a surprise Kapow release this summer. New Cornerstone being built in August and September.
    Nov 2022 - JP the pin

With some of you having a better idea of Stern's production capacity (I'm clueless on that one), anyone can come up with a ballpark figure of how many games this represents, per title/per month? Trying to manage expectations of getting anything from my Canadian distro!

#1707 2 years ago
    Quoted from Saltimbanco:

With some of you having a better idea of Stern's production capacity (I'm clueless on that one), anyone can come up with a ballpark figure of how many games this represents, per title/per month? Trying to manage expectations of getting anything from my Canadian distro!

I believe the last they said was about 500 pins could be run a week. But where those go is another story. There's a very large backlog for pins and people keep ordering more every day.

#1708 2 years ago
    Quoted from JackG:

Nov 2022 - JP the pin

Does this mean no more GZ Prem until May? Myself and others got our "final" invoices Friday before last. Did the GZ Prem line shut down early?

#1709 2 years ago
    Quoted from SimplePin:

Does this mean no more GZ Prem until May? Myself and others got our "final" invoices Friday before last. Did the GZ Prem line shut down early?

Rumor is that they shut down early and are finishing those ones out for the customers at some point, but no final details. This list is the main aim of what Stern is going for and when the machines are on the line. It doesn't include the small runs of catch up pins or any extra pins they make for upcoming shows.

#1710 2 years ago

Avengers shipped Monday and FedEx just called delivering tomorrow. Glad I’m near Stern.
    4 New pins this week… got monster bash le, Metallica, tmnt le, and avengers prem.

#1711 2 years ago
    Quoted from beltking:

Avengers shipped Monday and FedEx just called delivering tomorrow. Glad I’m near Stern.
    4 New pins this week… got monster bash le, Metallica, tmnt le, and avengers prem.

Damn....

#1712 2 years ago

My AIQ premium ships today via R&L. FML they shipped my Mando premium and fd up the box. It had right side head and cabinet decal damage. JJ at Game exchange is taking care of that. I have the cabinet decal just waiting on the head decal. Fingers crossed R&L does a better job this time.

#1713 2 years ago

Since they cut GZ off early due to part shortages, does Stern have a line on the "side" where the pump out a few machines here and there as parts arrive? Or is it full force one game at a time and Godzilla will be back on the line in a few months? I am curious as I paid for my game Mar 31st and it still has not shipped. Just curious if these games are trickling out to distributors or I won't see my game until the next run in May.

#1714 2 years ago
    Quoted from PapaBless:

Since they cut GZ off early due to part shortages, does Stern have a line on the "side" where the pump out a few machines here and there as parts arrive? Or is it full force one game at a time and Godzilla will be back on the line in a few months? I am curious as I paid for my game Mar 31st and it still has not shipped. Just curious if these games are trickling out to distributors or I won't see my game until the next run in May.

You should contact your distributor, typically they don’t ask for payment in full unless the game is complete and ready to ship. If it shipped then your machine may be tied up with a freight carrier, so you definitely should get in touch with your distributor/dealer.
    As I understand it, Stern does a run of a specific title continuously. It would be too difficult to sprinkle in a few builds of another title as the bom is much too different from one game to another…I think it would cause more harm than good in terms of delays.

#1715 2 years ago
    Quoted from MasterBlaster:

You should contact your distributor, typically they don’t ask for payment in full unless the game is complete and ready to ship. If it shipped then your machine may be tied up with a freight carrier, so you definitely should get in touch with your distributor/dealer.
    As I understand it, Stern does a run of a specific title continuously. It would be too difficult to sprinkle in a few builds of another title as the bom is much too different from one game to another…I think it would cause more harm than good in terms of delays.

I appreciate that and I suspected the same but was remaining hopeful. I did reach out to them and everyday is something new about when it will ship. Handful of us have been in communication, all have paid, none of us have gotten any tracking info.

#1716 2 years ago
    Quoted from PapaBless:

I appreciate that and I suspected the same but was remaining hopeful. I did reach out to them and everyday is something new about when it will ship. Handful of us have been in communication, all have paid, none of us have gotten any tracking info.

Hmm the only scenario that makes sense to me is if Stern invoiced the distributor in anticipation of production that week, then ran out of parts. Otherwise, I can’t understand the distro asking for payment in full prior to them being invoiced by Stern. I don’t know if that’s the exact situation, but in my line of work (office furniture) we get invoiced on the day that the product leaves the factory.
    You purchased via authorized Stern dealer, yes?

#1717 2 years ago
    Quoted from MasterBlaster:

Hmm the only scenario that makes sense to me is if Stern invoiced the distributor in anticipation of production that week, then ran out of parts. Otherwise, I can’t understand the distro asking for payment in full prior to them being invoiced by Stern. I don’t know if that’s the exact situation, but in my line of work (office furniture) we get invoiced on the day that the product leaves the factory.
    You purchased via authorized Stern dealer, yes?

Indeed. I did find it odd as well I was asked to pay if the game wasn't ready. I suspected if Sterns line shut down early because of lack of parts they would let distributors know how many they are getting and then send invoices to people they had games for. I am talking with 3 others who have all paid as well. We're not happy to say the least.

#1718 2 years ago
    Quoted from PapaBless:

I am talking with 3 others who have all paid as well. We're not happy to say the least.

Doesn't sound like the most scrupulous distributor. But then again, maybe Stern left them holding the bag?

#1719 2 years ago

Do you guys think they would move JP up if the parts came in earlier than expected?

#1720 2 years ago
    Quoted from sandro:

Doesn't sound like the most scrupulous distributor. But then again, maybe Stern left them holding the bag?

Possible, but my guess is that Stern didn’t tell them to pay the invoice for a game that didn’t ship? Might be worth taking this conversation to a new thread (if not already)…there may be other distros who would see it and can offer advice as to how to navigate the situation…particularly if there is no concrete updated information provided by the end of this week. That seems like plenty of time to know the path forward if there were in fact hiccups with the process when Stern discovered they were out of parts to build Zilla

#1721 2 years ago
    Quoted from Fsdre:

Do you guys think they would move JP up if the parts came in earlier than expected?

Doubtful. Only case would be if they didn't have parts for another machine and needed to keep the line moving, like they did for Deadpool.

#1722 2 years ago
    Quoted from JackG:

Nov 2022 - JP the pin

I sure hope that Deadpool rumor is true. I just ordered a premium. It was a tough choice between pro/premium but decided on the premium. Was told July but seeing this makes me think it might show up earlier.....

#1723 2 years ago
    Quoted from PapaBless:

Indeed. I did find it odd as well I was asked to pay if the game wasn't ready. I suspected if Sterns line shut down early because of lack of parts they would let distributors know how many they are getting and then send invoices to people they had games for. I am talking with 3 others who have all paid as well. We're not happy to say the least.

I thought the second half of the March run was already completed and that it was a short delay…maybe i misread

If you’re willing to share the distributor privately shoot me a pm

#1724 2 years ago
    Quoted from mbl1116:

I thought the second half of the March run was already completed and that it was a short delay…maybe i misread
    If you’re willing to share the distributor privately shoot me a pm

It’s CoinTaker. Waiting to see if anyone has gotten a delivery of GZ from them from the March run. Interested to see if it’s just us that hasn’t gotten it after paying or everyone who ordered from them. I’m hopeful it’s the latter

#1725 2 years ago
    Quoted from JackG:

Nov 2022 - JP the pin

I really can’t believe that two months out of the year are going towards the “home” pins. Is there really a market for these?

#1726 2 years ago
    Quoted from sarty51:

I really can’t believe that two months out of the year are going towards the “home” pins. Is there really a market for these?

Maybe some people do not know about the free play feature on the regular pinball machines?

#1727 2 years ago
    Quoted from PapaBless:

It’s CoinTaker. Waiting to see if anyone has gotten a delivery of GZ from them from the March run. Interested to see if it’s just us that hasn’t gotten it after paying or everyone who ordered from them. I’m hopeful it’s the latter

I'm waiting for my pro from Cointaker as well, order put in near the beginning of January. Received and paid my invoice on March 31st after sending an email that day asking for a timeline which they said they would email me back at the end of the day. Didn't hear anything so emailed them again last Wed, they said they hope to ship them the next day. Haven't heard anything so doubtful that happened. Plan to email again tomorrow. Responses while quick are very short without any explanation and seemingly no follow through. People who have had experiences with them in the past are they better over the phone? I want to be understanding right now as I know shipping and staffing hasn't been the most reliable lately, if they said hey we are shipping these from our place but our shipment has been stuck in transit that would make sense. But telling me they hope to ship them the next day doesn't make it seem like that? And then no updates being provided unless you initiate....

#1728 2 years ago
    Quoted from PinMonk:

The big negative changes with Stern in parts cost cutting and BOM reduction happened after the investment company came when Stern almost went out of business around the economic crash of 2008. Higher prices for less game started right after that point, and clearly has the investment group's fingerprints all over it.
    Speaking of highs and lows, I *highly* recommend watching the Tony Hawk:Until the Wheels Fall Off documentary on HBOMAX. It's excellent. Having seen it, I would love to see sk8ball do not just a Tony Hawk pin, but a Legends of Skateboarding type pin with the Bone Brigade and all those guys you see in the documentary. Rodney Mullen spitting Nietzsche callouts in his zen way would be fantastic.

Faction, drunk injuns, mcrad, los olividados, riot .303 soundtrack and I’m in

Looking for a Deadpool pro, if anyone has a spot they don’t need, or used.

#1729 2 years ago
    Quoted from Dewmahn:

I'm waiting for my pro from Cointaker as well, order put in near the beginning of January. Received and paid my invoice on March 31st after sending an email that day asking for a timeline which they said they would email me back at the end of the day. Didn't hear anything so emailed them again last Wed, they said they hope to ship them the next day. Haven't heard anything so doubtful that happened. Plan to email again tomorrow. Responses while quick are very short without any explanation and seemingly no follow through. People who have had experiences with them in the past are they better over the phone? I want to be understanding right now as I know shipping and staffing hasn't been the most reliable lately, if they said hey we are shipping these from our place but our shipment has been stuck in transit that would make sense. But telling me they hope to ship them the next day doesn't make it seem like that? And then no updates being provided unless you initiate....

Definitely call them. If it has in fact shipped, they should have a PRO number for the shipment. Once you have the PRO number, you will be able to track the shipment with the freight carrier. That’s if it has shipped…If not, then I would imagine they have at least some idea from Stern as to when the machines might get completed and sent out the door. Maybe the distributor is being given no information, which is possible…but I can tell you that when one of the manufacturers I work with has no answers I keep bugging them until I find someone who can provide answers.

#1730 2 years ago
    Quoted from sarty51:

They won't be only building the homepins those months, lol. Maybe on the second line for a week. They haven't announced their 3rd for 4th quarter lines, so there will be other pins running at that time, either more of the new cornerstone, or Godzilla and Rush.

#1731 2 years ago
    Quoted from JackG:

They won't be only building the homepins those months, lol. Maybe on the second line for a week. They haven't announced their 3rd for 4th quarter lines, so there will be other pins running at that time, either more of the new cornerstone, or Godzilla and Rush.

From the sounds of it, they just need to start a spin-off company…
    Godzilla Pinball Company, by Stern

#1732 2 years ago
    Quoted from Dewmahn:

Sneaking a few invoices in before the end of the month? Possibly the fiscal year? Weird that this happened on a Pro as well as premiums in the same time frame

#1733 2 years ago
    Quoted from Dewmahn:

I am an absolute hound. I have messaged and called her several times since I paid it off. First it was "Monday", then she got sick, waited the whole week, then it was the convention, then it would be the following "Monday" (yesterday), then it was today, and nothing so far. I wish I knew what was going on, if it was/is a Stern delay I wish she would let us know. If it is not a Stern delay...what's the deal. Thanks for the update though I have yet to hear from anyone who got their game from CT yet so although crappy news, we are not alone.
    Curious if Stern has had delays this far out in shipping to the distributors, seems like GZ should have been finished weeks ago. Based on others already playing their games in their homes that appears to be the case, not sure why CT is different. Large distributor like themselves I assumed would get stock quickly from Stern.

#1734 2 years ago

Ok so can someone make sense of something I heard on the TPN podcast? Zach said people were asking since they added more runs of Godzilla pro/premium if that moved up their time of delivery. To which he says absolutely not. I’m honestly so confused by this….and maybe there is a simple answer im missing. I was told to expect my GZ in august, back in December. How are they going to add 2 extra runs and my expected delivery day not move up ? Maybe im just sad because all my accessories/mods are here now and no game to put them on lol

#1735 2 years ago
    Quoted from sarty51:

To be honest home pins are very appealing to folks who might not be able to fork up $7k+ but love pinball or have youngsters who enjoy the game. Even though they are almost $5k, that $2k difference can be a huge deal for some people. Just my thoughts, it does seem like 2 months (if that's the case) is a bit excessive when there are large waiting lists for Pro, Premium, and LE models

#1736 2 years ago
    Quoted from shanksfornothin:

How are they going to add 2 extra runs and my expected delivery day not move up ? Maybe im just sad because all my accessories/mods are here now and no game to put them on lol

I haven't heard the podcast, but is it possible he meant "add to the end"? Making up numbers here, but if they planned 12 runs but now plan 14 due to demand, that wouldn't move anyone up. It would just create more pins total.

#1737 2 years ago

Ok so can someone make sense of something I heard on the TPN podcast? Zach said people were asking since they added more runs of Godzilla pro/premium if that moved up their time of delivery. To which he says absolutely not. I’m honestly so confused by this….and maybe there is a simple answer im missing. I was told to expect my GZ in august, back in December. How are they going to add 2 extra runs and my expected delivery day not move up ? Maybe im just sad because all my accessories/mods are here now and no game to put them on lol

My guess is it’s the same amount of games broken up into smaller runs due to parts availability.

Alternatively, the distributors oversold preorders to the point that adding 2 additional runs doesn’t matter

#1738 2 years ago
    Quoted from mbl1116:

My guess is it’s the same amount of games broken up into smaller runs due to parts availability.
    Alternatively, the distributors oversold preorders to the point that adding 2 additional runs doesn’t matter

Considering what we’ve heard of the last run in March having to stop short because there wasn’t enough parts that makes a lot of sense.

#1739 2 years ago

Well if it makes you feel any better you and I are in the exact same boat. I ordered my premium first week of December and was also told August. Then I hear about extra runs and I’m thinking, oh yeah, gonna get that bitch sooner than I expected! Call my distributor, nope, you’ll be lucky if you get it in 2022! Hearing my distributor is only getting a few games per run and I’m 30th on their list! Sucks.

#1740 2 years ago

I know of someone who has had a GZ Prem on order from Cointaker since launch. I've been waiting for him to get his game so I can play it and not have to buy one myself

Talked to him again today and he says he is getting NOTHING as of now... was initially a January delivery, then March, then April, then June/July.

It appears to me that the big dealers are getting big #'s of orders (as they should), but the unfortunate result is that they (in this case, Cointaker, but I'm sure it's most if not all the big distros) can't get games. The communication part... that's a whole other thing. Most of the dealers I've dealt with go off "possible ship dates" almost exclusively, mainly because things from Stern are so "iffy'.

It's hard to believe that we're at a point where games, even the ones ordered at LAUNCH of the title, are going to take 9+ months to get for what appears to be a good amount of buyers.

#1741 2 years ago

I'm a bit short of time so haven't read the thread recently, but my DP premium is apparently on the way now and should be here in Australia mid-May. It seems pretty significant to me that i'm paying around (maybe just under) 15k (aud) for a brand new DP premium with shaker, art blades, side armour and invisiglass, when second hand DP pros with less extras are listed here for 16k or thereabouts, and I honestly feel like I am getting this brand new machine for an absolute steal.

What a truly bizarre market this is right now.

#1742 2 years ago
    Quoted from Ceemunkey:

I'm a bit short of time so haven't read the thread recently, but my DP premium is apparently on the way now and should be here in Australia mid-May. It seems pretty significant to me that i'm paying around (maybe just under) 15k (aud) for a brand new DP premium with shaker, art blades, side armour and invisiglass, when second hand DP pros with less extras are listed here for 16k or thereabouts, and I honestly feel like I am getting this brand new machine for an absolute steal.
    What a truly bizarre market this is right now.

DP pro's are not going for 16K

#1743 2 years ago
    Quoted from Brtlkat:

I’m guessing it is, in Australian dollars.
    Ceemunkey is from the land down under.

#1744 2 years ago
    Quoted from Brtlkat:

Maybe not there, but they are here mate (said in best Aussie accent).

It's far better value to buy NIB Stern machines than used ones here at the moment (in most cases, not all). You basically pay a huuuuge premium to avoid the wait on a new machine.

#1745 2 years ago
    Quoted from sarty51:

It makes sense depending on what the limiting factor really is for Stern in the supply chain. If it really is Node boards, and a Home Pin uses 2, a Pro 3, and a Premium 4... it would make total sense for them to crank out as many Homepins as possible as they could make more merchandise with limited parts.

Just a thought that may or may not be true.

#1746 2 years ago
    Quoted from SantaEatsCheese:

It makes sense depending on what the limiting factor really is for Stern in the supply chain. If it really is Node boards, and a Home Pin uses 2, a Pro 3, and a Premium 4... it would make total sense for them to crank out as many Homepins as possible as they could make more merchandise with limited parts.

Here’s hoping that Stern doesn’t source any parts from Shanghai…

#1748 2 years ago
    Quoted from SantaEatsCheese:

Not true, only 2 node boards in an le or premium Godzilla, not counting board in building’ under playfield and always one node in cab for pro premium and le

#1749 2 years ago

LOL nothing more credible than a geopolitical analysis from Kermit the frog in camou drag.

I need at least Ms. Piggy’s point of view to form an opinion.

#1750 2 years ago

Received my avengers today. Stern has the outlines closed to closest position. That’s a first I think. Looks in good condition so far.

0FECCDC8-CFCE-4107-9AAB-D8747917CD64 (resized).jpeg0FECCDC8-CFCE-4107-9AAB-D8747917CD64 (resized).jpeg
    There are 8,146 posts in this topic. You are on page 35 of 163.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/what-is-on-the-line-at-stern-pinball-delays/page/35?hl=parsonsaj and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.