Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 8,174 posts
  • 859 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 18 hours ago by bwalter
  • Topic is favorited by 532 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

glasses.gif
    nedry.gif
    snaps.gif
    Screenshot_20240318_201633_Chrome (resized).jpg
    IMG_8074 (resized).jpeg
    download (resized).jpeg
    7136153e-4781-4514-8f75-26077beb0e35-1655665323130 (resized).jpg
    designer-delays (resized).png
    image000000 (resized).jpeg
    IMG_1455.gif
    Skinner (resized).png
    26CDA9FF-5625-4BC0-AECC-1FF8C139FBFB (resized).jpeg
    pasted_image (resized).png
    IMG_5780 (resized).png
    bobbymcgeestub.png
    JT.gif
    There are 8,174 posts in this topic. You are on page 2 of 164.
    #51 2 years ago

Any distributors have a BM66 left or is that a pipe dream?

#52 2 years ago
    Quoted from RC_like_the_cola:

Stranger Things Pro is December 2021 as well.

I’m kind of surprised no SThings premium.

#53 2 years ago
    Quoted from rai:

Mine will have a premium translite and UV kit, so promium?

Not sure why they are seemingly done with the premium.

#54 2 years ago
    Quoted from JackG:

So this is what we know from Stern's production line at this time. Does anyone else have any dates?
    BM 66 - December 2021
    Stranger Things Pro - December 2021 (Thanks RC)
    Godzilla Premium - March 2022
    Mando Premium - June 2022
    Deadpool Pro - July 2022
    Elvira Premium - December 2022

Anyone know when JP Premiums will run? Still waiting on one with cointaker

#55 2 years ago
    Quoted from rai:

I've heard from my distributor that the rights to the IP are running out soon. Maybe it's a part supply issue where they can't get enough parts to build it before the rights are gone. ‍♂️

#56 2 years ago

I was told that I should get a DP and GZ Pro in December

#57 2 years ago

Has there been a breakdown by a distro of how Stern's ordering/allocation system actually works?

Clearly just because they are building GZ Prems in March, distro x can't order 50 of them without some getting pushed to an August run instead - I presume that distro was only given something like an allocation of 25 GZs for that March run for example. Presumably allocation size is based on previous order volume from that distro or something?

Pretty frustrating overall - I felt lucky to get my GZ Pro early November - I passed on a Prem partially due to not wanting to wait until next summer...

#58 2 years ago
    Quoted from Budman:

I was told that I should get a DP and GZ Pro in December

December 21? I thought all the DPs had been moved to summer 22?

#59 2 years ago

I wonder when the backlog just becomes too much and Stern archive a bunch of titles? I ordered a DP pro in July and it keeps getting pushed back to now over a years wait.

With people saying august 22, there’s still a lot of time between now and then for it to be delayed again several times, it must be on a 5 year license not 3, but still there’s a time limit.

I know they can’t magically start making more machines but it does put me off buying nib. I had the chance to buy a 2nd hand one but didn’t want to mess my distributor around as I’m new and don’t want to start off as the person who cancels.

I’ll be quite upset if Stern ends up not making any more or it’s pushed to 2023 with another price hike

#60 2 years ago
    Quoted from NoSkills:

December 21? I thought all the DPs had been moved to summer 22?

I verified my DP Premium got pushed out to August of 22. I ordered it at the beginning of June 21. That's more than a year wait, and I expect it will probably slide more, perhaps into never being made. Especially if more Covid shutdowns and such happen further affecting supply chains and labor forces. I mean, who can really predict deliveries on anything anymore?

#61 2 years ago

I am curious to know if Stern is running their lines at full capacity, or are COVID restrictions/supply issues keeping them from running at 100%. If they are stuck at the former, they almost have to be looking at ways to expand production capacity. There is no sense spending money on designing new 3-4 new games a year, when you have more orders than you can handle for the games you already make.

#62 2 years ago
    Quoted from NoSkills:

I’ll be quite upset if Stern ends up not making any more or it’s pushed to 2023 with another price hike

Another price hike or more is guarenteed to happen sad to say.

#63 2 years ago
    Quoted from Rum-Z:

I verified my DP Premium got pushed out to August of 22. I ordered it at the beginning of June 21. That's more than a year wait, and I expect it will probably slide more, perhaps into never being made. Especially if more Covid shutdowns and such happen further affecting supply chains and labor forces. I mean, who can really predict deliveries on anything anymore?

That’s super crazy, people also ordered Mando that won’t get until next year.

It just makes the LEs *that* much more valuable. Just for the fact that you can get the darn thing in a timely manner.

#64 2 years ago
    Quoted from GravitaR:

Another price hike or more is guarenteed to happen sad to say.

For sure, just wondering if I get the DP first or not lol

#65 2 years ago

I’m just not believing the “500 pins per week” number.

Something smells funny with the whole EHoH40, IM Vault, etc. It’s almost as if they don’t care about the backlog and just want to make new titles or high profit margin/low batch games only.

#66 2 years ago
    Quoted from Damonator:

I’m just not believing the “500 pins per week” number.
    Something smells funny with the whole EHoH40, IM Vault, etc. It’s almost as if they don’t care about the backlog and just want to make new titles or high profit margin/low batch games only.

To be fair they are probably just being cautious. They have no idea if people will continue buying at this rate for the next few years. If people don't or if they have a couple of flops, how great for them to have 6 months worth of older games to manufacture that people want to buy.

Assuming they can get all the parts for an additional line, which from what people are saying, I don't think they can right now, it would still be a big risk for them to set it up, maybe needing a new premises and train new people just for demand to drop in a couple of years, it may not have paid for itself over filling gaps over the next few years.

I understand the situation, it's just frustrating

#67 2 years ago
    Quoted from NoSkills:

To be fair they are probably just being cautious. They have no idea if people will continue buying at this rate for the next few years. If people don't or if they have a couple of flops, how great for them to have 6 months worth of older games to manufacture that people want to buy.
    Assuming they can get all the parts for an additional line, which from what people are saying, I don't think they can right now, it would still be a big risk for them to set it up, maybe needing a new premises and train new people just for demand to drop in a couple of years, it may not have paid for itself over filling gaps over the next few years.
    I understand the situation, it's just frustrating

I think you are right. COVID sparked a frenzy and that frenzy has already slowly started to fade and will continue over the next couple years. There are guys who got into the hobby last year and this year who are already selling their collections off. These guys jumped in head first and dropped lots of money on overpriced machines and they will be wanting to cash out and get their money back. Stern should be cautious because if all these guys start selling there is going to be a flood of games for sale on the secondary market.

#68 2 years ago
    Quoted from JackG:

So this is what we know from Stern's production line at this time. Does anyone else have any dates?
    BM 66 - December 2021
    Stranger Things Pro - December 2021 (Thanks RC)
    Deadpool Pro - July 2022

It seems like distribs have conflicting info or things are changing by the day.

My info from today says BM66Prem, EHOH40 and MandoPrem for this month.

#69 2 years ago

On Nov 3rd my distributor said Dec '21 for DP Pro. Now he's not sure. Looks like production dates are a moving target.

#70 2 years ago
    Quoted from Budman:

Looks like production dates are a moving target.

25E3CA0D-385E-4BE8-8913-4416FCB5F3BF (resized).jpeg25E3CA0D-385E-4BE8-8913-4416FCB5F3BF (resized).jpeg

#71 2 years ago

I had seen rumors that B66 would be on the line starting today, 06DEC. I am hoping this is still true!

#72 2 years ago
    Quoted from thekaiser82:

I had seen rumors that B66 would be on the line starting today, 06DEC. I am hoping this is still true!

Same. I'd love to get a shipping notice this week!

#73 2 years ago
    Quoted from PinBallinOnBudge:

Anyone know when JP Premiums will run? Still waiting on one with cointaker

I had a spot on the supposed Nov/Dec run, but they've now told me it won't actually be until April. The only good thing is, they said they'd hold my price for me, just the extra $200 for Insider Connect.

#74 2 years ago
    Quoted from ufiti:

I had a spot on the supposed Nov/Dec run, but they've now told me it won't actually be until April. The only good thing is, they said they'd hold my price for me, just the extra $200 for Insider Connect.

That is the first I’ve heard of any distributor offering to do that. Get it in writing if you can.

#75 2 years ago
    Quoted from TinyBlackDog:

That is the first I’ve heard of any distributor offering to do that. Get it in writing if you can.

It's been known to happen from time to time.

#76 2 years ago
    Quoted from TinyBlackDog:

I also thought there was no way a distributor would do this, but I have it in an email! I've seen a couple other people saying the same thing on Pinside recently.

#77 2 years ago
    Quoted from ufiti:

I also thought there was no way a distributor would do this, but I have it in an email! I've seen a couple other people saying the same thing on Pinside recently.

Was this only for JP Prem? All from the same distributor?

#78 2 years ago
    Quoted from RobF:

Was this only for JP Prem? All from the same distributor?

That's the only game I'm waiting for, so not sure about anything else.

#79 2 years ago

It’s not covid ,It’s a trade war .Just my 2 pennys .

#80 2 years ago

I'm waiting on a JP Premium and an Elvra HOH Premium from Cointaker. Originally was told late 2021 or early 2022. Any idea what the current schedule is?

#81 2 years ago

My bet is another title will be run in 1st quarter next year and will include another price hike across the board. Rumor is Zilla run won't pick back up until 2023.

#82 2 years ago
    Quoted from Kkoss24:

Trade wars are good, and easy to win.

#83 2 years ago
    Quoted from sbmania:

I'm waiting on a JP Premium and an Elvra HOH Premium from Cointaker. Originally was told late 2021 or early 2022. Any idea what the current schedule is?

Last I heard Elvira HOH is December 2022. JP Premium is April 2022.

#84 2 years ago

These are the dates that I've seen posted here for easier reference. If anyone has better knowledge, let us know. I'm waiting on 3 in this list that keep getting pushed.

BM 66 - December 2021
    Stranger Things Pro - December 2021
    Elvira 40th - December 2021
    Iron Man Vault - December 2021
    Mando Premium - December 2021
    JP Premium - December 2022
    Deadpool Pro - July 2022
    Deadpool Premium - August 2022

#85 2 years ago
    Quoted from Kkoss24:

I’m not sure what stern does state side but I’d assume it’s more than most think. They could definitely make more state side if they wanted to but would need to stock up on certain chips?

#86 2 years ago

In mid October I was told from someone at Stern that DP Premium would be in production in the month of December. I really don't believe that, but I certainly don't want to wait until mid 2022.

#87 2 years ago
    Quoted from JackG:

These are the dates that I've seen posted here for easier reference. If anyone has better knowledge, let us know. I'm waiting on 3 in this list that keep getting pushed.
    BM 66 - December 2021
    Deadpool Pro - July 2022

You forgot Rush haha.

#88 2 years ago
    Quoted from pinballjah:

You forgot Rush haha.

When is Rush being made?

#89 2 years ago
    Quoted from JackG:

When is Rush being made?

Any day now

#90 2 years ago

Are they really not making any more Godzilla pros till 2023? Dang! I don’t have one on order but was thinking about it.

#91 2 years ago

Anyone know if the last Beatles gold’s have been run yet?

#92 2 years ago

Please don't tell me DP Premium is pushed to August! I ordered mine back in July and sold my pro shortly after. The distro said December build and Feb delivery (Australia). If Stern have now pushed build dates from Dec 21 to Aug 22 I'm actually going to be pretty p*ssed about that. I'd consider cancelling but I really want my DP back.

#93 2 years ago
    Quoted from Ceemunkey:

Please don't tell me DP Premium is pushed to August!

Sorry, it's apparently true per my distributor. I ordered mine in June. Sucks.

#94 2 years ago
    Quoted from gblack:

I’m not sure what stern does state side but I’d assume it’s more than most think. They could definitely make more state side if they wanted to but would need to stock up on certain chips?

There’s a lot going on that doesn’t make any sense .

#95 2 years ago
    Quoted from Rum-Z:

Sorry, it's apparently true per my distributor. I ordered mine in June. Sucks.

This is why I just paid full new retail for a hou premium. I wasnt on any lists yet so I figured it was my only chance

#96 2 years ago
    Quoted from Hawks:

Anyone know if the last Beatles gold’s have been run yet?

NIB still available: https://nitropinball.com/collections/pinball-machines/products/beatles-gold-in-stock#

#97 2 years ago
    Quoted from JackG:

BM 66 - December 2021
    Deadpool Pro - July 2022

Both Avengers Prem & Pro pushed back to May 2022 Australia arrival, So that will be production March 2022

#98 2 years ago

Mando premium production is supposed to begin the week of 12/20.

#99 2 years ago

I wish Stern PR would put out a picture on social media every week with what is on the line. Once machines are being built I don’t think there is any reason why they couldn’t share it.

#100 2 years ago
    Quoted from thekaiser82:

I wish Stern PR would put out a picture on social media every week with what is on the line. Once machines are being built I don’t think there is any reason why they couldn’t share it.

Unless it is not running

There are 8,174 posts in this topic. You are on page 2 of 164.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/what-is-on-the-line-at-stern-pinball-delays/page/2?hl=xdetroit and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.