Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 8,159 posts
  • 858 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 27 hours ago by Wildbill327
  • Topic is favorited by 532 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

glasses.gif
    nedry.gif
    snaps.gif
    Screenshot_20240318_201633_Chrome (resized).jpg
    IMG_8074 (resized).jpeg
    download (resized).jpeg
    7136153e-4781-4514-8f75-26077beb0e35-1655665323130 (resized).jpg
    designer-delays (resized).png
    image000000 (resized).jpeg
    IMG_1455.gif
    Skinner (resized).png
    26CDA9FF-5625-4BC0-AECC-1FF8C139FBFB (resized).jpeg
    pasted_image (resized).png
    IMG_5780 (resized).png
    bobbymcgeestub.png
    JT.gif
    There are 8,159 posts in this topic. You are on page 28 of 164.
    #1351 2 years ago

In a world where they sell all they can make, the current messaging puts them in a great place to control their inventory and production costs. Not sure what a "Last Call" would do to make their lives and business better?

The last thing a high inventory cost business wants is a wave of unexpected orders coming in at the last minute for a product they've already decided to move on from.

Well, that's 2nd last. The last thing is unsold inventory.

#1352 2 years ago

Anyone had a message from Nitro yet about a GZ ?

#1353 2 years ago
    Quoted from gandamack:

I know it has been pointed out in older posts, but I am confused why Stern does not make an announcement regarding last chance to get a nib machine. Is this like top secret or something? Or they do not want more sales? It is just weird.

Probably a bunch of reasons. They may not know when a run is "the last run" for a particular game. Especially these days, if you want a game just put a deposit down because even if there's another run ahead you may not get one (which is probably going to happen to me with JP).

#1354 2 years ago
    Quoted from radium:

Probably a bunch of reasons. They may not know when a run is "the last run" for a particular game. Especially these days, if you want a game just put a deposit down because even if there's another run ahead you may not get one (which is probably going to happen to me with JP).

Why would you announce last run? Stern may decide to do a few more runs if demand is there or if supply issues on other games. Plus, if they did announce last run you would have a ton of people putting off purchasing a game until then. Better to keep everyone guessing and buying games now.

#1355 2 years ago

They used to have last calls to distributors for games. Don’t know why they stopped.

#1356 2 years ago
    Quoted from jfh:

They used to have last calls to distributors for games. Don’t know why they stopped.

#1357 2 years ago
    Quoted from Chisox:

I don’t want to answer for others, but I personally wouldn’t as I think it would only result in angry e-mails/texts/calls to my distributor. Everyone always wants a timeline on their game being ready nowadays (myself included) and I can only imagine being a distributor waking up to 50+ e-mails every morning asking about the status of their game, especially if they hear that you told someone else that their game is on the way.

I guess I see this differently. I'd see someone posting that they got an email from my distro and think, "my game must not be ready yet since I didn't get any info. I guess I'll be waiting for the next round".

That said, anyone that's heard from Cointaker about GZ (I'm a Pro) shipment this week, feel free to PM me that info.

#1358 2 years ago

I almost missed my Godzilla pro. Got several emails to my old email address from last purchase starting Monday . Randomly asked about something else and was told I almost missed out. Paid deposit Dec 4 for reference

Was also told any premium ordered now is 2023 for the second time

#1359 2 years ago
    Quoted from SimplePin:

I'm very happy for everyone who is getting the emails that their GZ's are ready to ship. I am still waiting for my email. Was told I was in the first run then got bumped. Was told I was def in the March run but I have the sinking feeling that I'm getting bumped yet again. Sad.

Well I don't know if posting the above upped my mojo but I did get my final invoice for my GZ Premium today at 7:30! Good luck for everyone who's still waiting.

-J

#1360 2 years ago
    Quoted from SimplePin:

Well I don't know if posting the above upped my mojo but I did get my final invoice for my GZ Premium today at 7:30! Good luck for everyone who's still waiting.
    -J

Same here and ditto the GL to everyone waiting. Seems Stern did up the production of GZ as I was originally told likely fall this year.

#1361 2 years ago

What is next on the line? AIQ and then Rush ?

#1362 2 years ago
    Quoted from splitcms:

What is next on the line? AIQ and then Rush ?

Yes.

#1363 2 years ago

Aiq should be wrapping up, or is wrapped up.

#1364 2 years ago
    Quoted from Billygrippo:

Aiq should be wrapping up, or is wrapped up.

I don't think so. But if someone has a line pic from today that would be helpful. More like next week for AIQ.

#1365 2 years ago
    Quoted from Chisox:

The demand is obviously nuts but on a different note I was in Long Beach last week and got a first hand look at the supply chain issues everyone is talking about. Cargo ships as far as the eye could see just sitting there waiting. It was mind boggling and made me a little more sympathetic to manufacturers. Hope you get your game soon, GZ is incredible!

I’m Working on it. The backlog of ships is getting smaller.

3260D7CC-8A78-4EC4-8ACC-927057DF1A0B (resized).jpeg3260D7CC-8A78-4EC4-8ACC-927057DF1A0B (resized).jpeg612F935A-C461-4D92-8CA5-BA5EED0D0E09 (resized).jpeg612F935A-C461-4D92-8CA5-BA5EED0D0E09 (resized).jpeg61FDE5B2-0C78-4A4D-912F-123A3B792E56 (resized).jpeg61FDE5B2-0C78-4A4D-912F-123A3B792E56 (resized).jpegBBF303B3-869E-48C1-9553-E0F5DDDA2384 (resized).jpegBBF303B3-869E-48C1-9553-E0F5DDDA2384 (resized).jpegEB92606E-452D-4E3B-8953-6569E2001F9A (resized).jpegEB92606E-452D-4E3B-8953-6569E2001F9A (resized).jpeg

10A34942-1D18-476B-B9E6-C735744E2E45 (resized).jpeg10A34942-1D18-476B-B9E6-C735744E2E45 (resized).jpeg
    #1366 2 years ago

“Or is wrapping up”

#1367 2 years ago
    Quoted from newovad:

I guess I see this differently. I'd see someone posting that they got an email from my distro and think, "my game must not be ready yet since I didn't get any info. I guess I'll be waiting for the next round".
    That said, anyone that's heard from Cointaker about GZ (I'm a Pro) shipment this week, feel free to PM me that info.

Yup, and that’s the way I would take that info too. My concern would be that there’s a bunch of people who wouldn’t take that news in stride. On an unrelated note, your collection of games is amazing. Well done.

#1368 2 years ago
    Quoted from vicjw66:

I’m Working on it. The backlog of ships is getting smaller.
    [quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]
    [quoted image]

Godspeed sir. I had no idea of the scale of things that go down in that area until I visited for the first time a few years ago. It’s pretty remarkable.

#1369 2 years ago

Sorry slightly off topic but does anyone have experience with Joystix games in Houston, TX ?

#1370 2 years ago
    Quoted from Chisox:

Godspeed sir. I had no idea of the scale of things that go down in that area until I visited for the first time a few years ago. It’s pretty remarkable.

The twin ports of Los Angeles/Long Beach make up over 40% of all America’s ports by volume.

#1372 2 years ago

Is this like a late April Fool's joke or something?

#1373 2 years ago
    Quoted from CryHavoc:

Is this like a late April Fool's joke or something?

Nope, just a wee bit off on the date…

48FFD7EF-4DD0-44CD-A855-7A9890F59EE6 (resized).jpeg48FFD7EF-4DD0-44CD-A855-7A9890F59EE6 (resized).jpeg
    #1374 2 years ago

Yeah that's why I was wondering if he was intending it as a prank or something.

#1375 2 years ago

They’re building on a saturday? Sus.

#1376 2 years ago

Any news on JP premiums?

#1377 2 years ago
    Quoted from shanksfornothin:

Sorry slightly off topic but does anyone have experience with Joystix games in Houston, TX ?

I've never bought a game from them but I have communicated with them about buying a few machines at different times. They are nice people and have a great showroom near downtown Houston. Only downside I've seen with them is their pricing. Most things are above MSRP, but that's just the market right now.

#1378 2 years ago

Tracking JP prem to be on the line for late April.

#1379 2 years ago
    Quoted from BallyKISS1978:

Any news on JP premiums?

AIQ, Rush, then JP Prems, so probably not until the 3rd week in April at the earliest.

#1380 2 years ago
    Quoted from epthegeek:

They’re building on a saturday? Sus.

Do they normally not build on the weekends? I guess I figured they ran the factory 7 days a week…

Just as a totally unrelated aside…just played a game on my R&M, thank you for the coding masterpiece you did on that one!

#1381 2 years ago
    Quoted from pch3727:

I've never bought a game from them but I have communicated with them about buying a few machines at different times. They are nice people and have a great showroom near downtown Houston. Only downside I've seen with them is their pricing. Most things are above MSRP, but that's just the market right now.

The guy is friendly enough, but I moved on to a dealer who sells at MSRP. It's the dealers' obligation to demand Stern allow them better margins, not my obligation to pay more than the game is worth.

#1382 2 years ago
    Quoted from texas_compadre:

The guy is friendly enough, but I moved on to a dealer who sells at MSRP. It's the dealers' obligation to demand Stern allow them better margins, not my obligation to pay more than the game is worth.

At least he’s doing it quietly, unlike the distributor down in Florida who’s shamelessly asking 12,500 for his NIB GZ premiums and Rush premiums on Facebook

#1383 2 years ago
    Quoted from mbl1116:

At least he’s doing it quietly, unlike the distributor down in Florida who’s shamelessly asking 12,500 for his NIB GZ premiums and Rush premiums on Facebook

Ya, I wouldn't be surprised at all if in the current situation with shortages and NIB games going for well over msrp that some of the distros are telling people they got short allocations just to turn around and sell on the side for scalper pricing. Some even seem to be openly be doing so.

#1384 2 years ago

What does everyone think about the approximately 6 weeks of time in May/June where nothing is scheduled to be built?

Surprise Kapow release?

Build whatever is still needed?

Something else?

#1385 2 years ago
    Quoted from crujones4life:

What does everyone think about the approximately 6 weeks of time in May/June where nothing is scheduled to be built?
    Surprise Kapow release?
    Something else?

Backorders

#1386 2 years ago

X2 … and some breathing room in the schedule in case of the inevitable problems before then

#1387 2 years ago
    Quoted from crujones4life:

Surprise Kapow release?
    Something else?

Our last production update was end of January and that was for the 2nd quarter. My best guess is that around the time Rush or JP hits the line, we are going to get a Stern production line update for the 3rd quarter, as they will be able to tell how many pre-orders there are for machines. A lot of people are ordering Rush and Godzilla from multiple distributors and might be cancelling orders around that time. And Stern could see a more realistic estimate of what they owe (the most recent news we had is that there are over ten thousand pins on backorder at this time).

Most likely Stern will be fulfilling the promise they made earlier this year and do extra runs of Godzilla, Rush, Mando and Deadpool during those weeks. Right now they are fulfilling their earlier production line when they were going to do a cornerstone build in May. So it most likely seems that time will be dedicated to their backorder just like they said they were going to do.

If there is no 3rd quarter update when JP hits the line at the end of this month, then there's a chance you might see something else this summer. So there should be a good month before any rumors fly, lol. We could leave that optimistic speculation for The Next Stern thread, and leave this thread the only place to go to find information of what is really happening instead.

Also, on a side note, I have shipping updates, my Godzilla Pro is arriving on Monday.

#1388 2 years ago
    Quoted from mbl1116:

That dude has been selling everything at ridiculous prices. Surprisingly, It also looks like he is finding people to buy them.

#1389 2 years ago
    Quoted from Insanity199:

That dude has been selling everything at ridiculous prices. Surprisingly, It also looks like he is finding people to buy them.

Yep, just takes that one person who can’t wait or needs that instant gratification. Seeing it a lot these days.

Most want to blame the sellers, but it’s really the buyers that drive a lot of the crazy pricing.

#1390 2 years ago
    Quoted from TigerLaw:

Do they normally not build on the weekends?

They do. One of my Sterns (JP or EHOH) was built on a Saturday. My guess is they dont on Sundays though.

#1391 2 years ago
    Quoted from Insanity199:

I still won't buy from the dealers who are charging the scalper prices on any games. I go to Game exchange, Tilt amusements and Kingpin.No games playing the market like others.Even if their pros and premiums are normal prices they still are not selling the LE at retail.Im done naming names,but when you see the LE's at 16k and toppers at 3 k from a stern dealers , it just rubs me the wrong way.And what I even find more interesting is how Pinheads defend them and say how great they are.

#1392 2 years ago

Just paid my MSRP invoice for a Deadpool Premium - will confirm build date when it arrives.

#1393 2 years ago
    Quoted from kell:

Yep, just takes that one person who can’t wait or needs that instant gratification. Seeing it a lot these days.
    Most want to blame the sellers, but it’s really the buyers that drive a lot of the crazy pricing.

I don’t really care if people ask high prices or if people pay them. Where it gets problematic for me is when the people asking these high prices are the same ones who have better access to the games in the first place, as a distributor/dealer

It’d be like Best Buy deciding to start charging $750 for PS5s

#1394 2 years ago

Some earlier post are saying that Stern is not making anymore Iron Maidens. Is that just this year or is stern retiring the title ? Or are we just guessing?

#1395 2 years ago
    Quoted from mbl1116:

I don’t really care if people ask high prices or if people pay them. Where it gets problematic for me is when the people asking these high prices are the same ones who have better access to the games in the first place, as a distributor/dealer

That's the perfect example.I just don't understand why people defend the Stern Dealers charging the scalper prices.Everyone would be screaming if Best Buy or Gamestop was selling PS5's for scalper prices.

#1396 2 years ago

I just heard no more this year - but the license is still active. So maybe next year

Quoted from Crumbalimb:

Some earlier post are saying that Stern is not making anymore Iron Maidens. Is that just this year or is stern retiring the title ? Or are we just guessing?

#1397 2 years ago
    Quoted from Crumbalimb:

It's all just speculation unless you see it in the archive on Stern's homepage.

#1398 2 years ago
    Quoted from mbl1116:

Forced bundles of garbage accessories was basically the same thing, and Best Buy has no problem whipping that trick out as needed.

#1399 2 years ago
    Quoted from PinMonk:

Forced bundles of garbage accessories was basically the same thing, and Best Buy has no problem whipping that trick out as needed.

I think you’re referring to Game stop, but i see your comparison. At least in those scenarios you were actually getting additional items. These guys are paying less and charging more.

Oh well, more on topic, hoping to receive my GZ prem shipping date this week

#1400 2 years ago
    Quoted from mbl1116:

I think you’re referring to Game stop, but i see your comparison. At least in those scenarios you were actually getting additional items. These guys are paying less and charging more.
    Oh well, more on topic, hoping to receive my GZ prem shipping date this week

Gamestop, Walmart are notorious for it, but I think Best Buy isn't above it, either. At least that's my memory when I was trying to get one for the kiddies.

There are 8,159 posts in this topic. You are on page 28 of 164.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/what-is-on-the-line-at-stern-pinball-delays/page/28?hl=michigandad and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.