Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 8,168 posts
  • 859 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 22 hours ago by insight75
  • Topic is favorited by 533 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

glasses.gif
    nedry.gif
    snaps.gif
    Screenshot_20240318_201633_Chrome (resized).jpg
    IMG_8074 (resized).jpeg
    download (resized).jpeg
    7136153e-4781-4514-8f75-26077beb0e35-1655665323130 (resized).jpg
    designer-delays (resized).png
    image000000 (resized).jpeg
    IMG_1455.gif
    Skinner (resized).png
    26CDA9FF-5625-4BC0-AECC-1FF8C139FBFB (resized).jpeg
    pasted_image (resized).png
    IMG_5780 (resized).png
    bobbymcgeestub.png
    JT.gif
    There are 8,168 posts in this topic. You are on page 26 of 164.
    #1251 2 years ago
    Quoted from PDXFlipper:

As far as I understood it the last run was indeed the last run

I'm really hoping it wasn't the last run for Iron Maiden. I've been on an order list since May 2021. Not holding my breath that I'll ever get a new one at this point.

#1252 2 years ago
    Quoted from PDXFlipper:

As far as I understood it the last run was indeed the last run

Man I hope not, if so I will add it to the list of Pinball’s mistakes that I’ve made, not picking up an IMDN pro when I had the chance.

#1253 2 years ago
    Quoted from Concretehardt:

Man I hope not, if so I will add it to the list of Pinball’s mistakes that I’ve made, not picking up an IMDN pro when I had the chance.

There’s always the 2nd hand market, should be able to find one

#1254 2 years ago

Still don't understand why they don't do an official "last call" for all models.

Seems like they'd get one last push of sales if they would.

#1255 2 years ago

Last call would be brilliant but communication about production seems to be a problem with Stern

#1256 2 years ago

Last call would be extremely useful, help everyone know whether they need to look for a used machine if they want a certain title rather than wait a year+ for a NIB only to see the game move quietly to the archived section on the stern site

#1257 2 years ago
    Quoted from NoSkills:

Last call would be extremely useful, help everyone know whether they need to look for a used machine if they want a certain title rather than wait a year+ for a NIB only to see the game move quietly to the archived section on the stern site

Agree 100%!

#1258 2 years ago
    Quoted from Rdoyle1978:

Uh oh. I’ve not heard a peep. Not feeling great

Feeling pretty grim for people waiting on Godzilla. Haven't heard anything myself, but would have expected a bit more activity if any significant numbers were getting out there.

#1259 2 years ago
    Quoted from Obed_Marsh:

Feeling pretty grim for people waiting on Godzilla. Haven't heard anything myself, but would have expected a bit more activity if any significant numbers were getting out there.

Exactly my feeling. Should have bought the one at TPF!

#1260 2 years ago

The wait for games has become ridiculous, but what makes it worse is when you see Stern release a whole new title (or two!) and then deliver a bunch of those games as well as older titles to people.. all while you just wait for the game you put money down on 5+ months ago during it's release.

Bitching to the choir here, but I needed to get it out

#1261 2 years ago
    Quoted from Darth_Chris:

Last call would be brilliant but communication about production seems to be a problem with Stern

Then there's Stranger Things Premium.. I just don't understand why they just stopped producing that one, it was still much in demand. And the hot resellers' market for that specific title proves this as well.

#1262 2 years ago
    Quoted from Obed_Marsh:

There were a ton of them at TPF. Not a hint of a shortage. Everywhere you turned at Fun, Stern, Cointaker etc. there was a Godzilla.

Might as well have been named Godzilla Pinball Festival.

#1263 2 years ago
    Quoted from Saltimbanco:

Then there's Stranger Things Premium.. I just don't understand why they just stopped producing that one, it was still much in demand. And the hot resellers' market for that specific title proves this as well.

I think a slow start for it until code matured coupled with the more complicated and expensive build with the projector and the finicky ball lock made it more trouble than it's worth. But maybe they'll run more when the next season shows up later this year.

Also, parts issues GETTING the projector may have fed the decision...

#1264 2 years ago

Stern finally posted a picture on Instagram with Godzillas on the line in the background.

#1265 2 years ago

The distributor that I am working with that I talked to today said that Mando is done, and GZ is now on the line. He expects the March build to be shipping out this week, next, or the week after. He gets a random notification, and gets them two days later.

#1266 2 years ago

Yeah heard the projector on stranger things was an issue and they had to replace some that stopped working. I’d buy a backup projector if you own that one. My arcade it works on most parts but not on the ramps for some reason.

#1267 2 years ago
    Quoted from ianwho:

Stern finally posted a picture on Instagram with Godzillas on the line in the background.

Where? I look every day? Didn't see it on Facebook or Instagram..?

#1268 2 years ago
    Quoted from tedwasright:

Where? I look every day? Didn't see it on Facebook or Instagram..?

Check out Stern’s Instagram Stories it’s there.

#1269 2 years ago
    Quoted from Pugster:

Check out Stern’s Instagram Stories it’s there.

I did. There's nothing outside the playfield showing anything. Maybe I'm looking at the wrong thing. Ahhhhhhh the STORIES. I see it now.

Nice to see it won't be much longer.

Thanks for the clarity. More than just a pic. Short video too.

#1270 2 years ago
    Quoted from unclerudy:

The distributor that I am working with that I talked to today said that Mando is done, and GZ is now on the line. He expects the March build to be shipping out this week, next, or the week after. He gets a random notification, and gets them two days later.

Mando done, Interesting, wonder why? Poor seller, licensing, parts? I have a pro and like it a lot, kicks my ass.

#1271 2 years ago
    Quoted from Lermods:

Mando done, Interesting, wonder why? Poor seller, licensing, parts? I have a pro and like it a lot, kicks my ass.

i don't think that is right. i think they stopped 1 new machine to focus on: mandolorians, JP, deadpool and godzilla. i would think they are making more. the topper still has to be released.

#1272 2 years ago
    Quoted from Lermods:

I think he just means current orders are done for now and something else is on the production line. You can't say anything for certain regarding Stern's manufacturing, but Mando is still pretty recent, so there's bound to be further runs of it.

#1273 2 years ago
    Quoted from Ceemunkey:

I think he just means current orders are done for now and something else is on the production line. You can't say anything for certain regarding Stern's manufacturing, but Mando is still pretty recent, so there's bound to be further runs of it.

for sure. the demand has to be high. the show is a hit and all.

#1274 2 years ago

If Star Wars 5 year run is anything to go by...we will see Mandos built for quite some time.

#1275 2 years ago
    Quoted from tedwasright:

I did. There's nothing outside the playfield showing anything. Maybe I'm looking at the wrong thing. Ahhhhhhh the STORIES. I see it now.
    Nice to see it won't be much longer.
    Thanks for the clarity. More than just a pic. Short video too.

Just noticed the videos!! Awesome

#1276 2 years ago
    Quoted from Saltimbanco:

The quality control on that game on launch was hands down the worst in recent years. The code was almost non-existent, the pro model up post kept falling out, the prem/le magnet barely worked. It was very common to see them broken on route. I know the one at my place was always down. At the height of the negativity you could buy a used Le for less than 8k. The game was nowhere in demand and right now everything is selling.

#1277 2 years ago

Just got the call that my Godzilla Premium is ready so there is no doubt that they are on the line!

#1278 2 years ago
    Quoted from Insanity199:

Just got the call that my Godzilla Premium is ready so there is no doubt that they are on the line!

Awesome!
    Congrats!

March was supposed to be GDZ and AIQ. Hopefully all four (PRO and Premium of each) runs were done.
    Let's hope April is devoted to JP and Rush as planned!

#1279 2 years ago

My Godzilla Pro is coming this week and I was slated for May. Just got an email. Definitely running Godzilla. Excited.

#1280 2 years ago
    Quoted from FNwoz:

My Godzilla Pro is coming this week and I was slated for May. Just got an email. Definitely running Godzilla. Excited.

Woo Hoo! Go Stern Go! Congratulations!

#1281 2 years ago
    Quoted from FNwoz:

That is fantastic!!!!

#1282 2 years ago
    Quoted from MasterBlaster:

Woo Hoo! Go Stern Go! Congratulations!

Quoted from Pugster:

That is fantastic!!!!

Hey thanks everyone! My first NIB!

#1283 2 years ago
    Quoted from Insanity199:

Now I am going to be watching my phone/email like a hawk! Congrats!

#1284 2 years ago
    Quoted from zaki:

the show is a hit and all.

Is it just me? I kind of felt the acting and plotlines in Mandalorian were a bit dull. Trust me, I am Star Wars fan, but the scriptwriting for this show was subpar at best. Probably just spoiled by the amazing writing in series like Breaking Bad, Game of Thrones, etc...

#1285 2 years ago
    Quoted from crujones4life:

If Star Wars 5 year run is anything to go by...we will see Mandos built for quite some time.

Nah.

Star Wars will always get run because it is one of the biggest licenses of all time and will keep selling. That market never goes away.

Mando was like any other release based off a current thing, the hype from the show is gone, anyone that was stoked about it already has one.

They keep making stuff when the demand is there and dealers are asking for more.

#1286 2 years ago

Has stern ever rerun/improved an older pin? We all cant wait for BTTF. But Indiana Jones was made when rumors were Stern was struggling and not very profitable/innovative. With all the price increases and how much they are selling a rerun with a few tweaks could make this a top seller. Prob one of the biggest franchises in history yet the pin never got the treatment it deserved. I'm sure Borg would love a chance to improve it.

#1287 2 years ago
    Quoted from billsfanmd:

Has stern ever rerun/improved an older pin? We all cant wait for BTTF. But Indiana Jones was made when rumors were Stern was struggling and not very profitable/innovative. With all the price increases and how much they are selling a rerun with a few tweaks could make this a top seller. Prob one of the biggest franchises in history yet the pin never got the treatment it deserved. I'm sure Borg would love a chance to improve it.

The closest I've seen of Stern reworking a machine that they themselves developed was Batman: The Dark Knight to Batman 66.

Other machines are iterative improvements over previous designs. Take a look at the layout of Stern Star Trek next to Stern Spiderman.

#1288 2 years ago

Bad example... Spiderman is great. Star treks stern. Not so much.... Some similarities but not enough to improve Sm's layout. Trek sucks and i am a big ST fan.. To this date. Sttng is the best ST title...

#1289 2 years ago
    Quoted from billsfanmd:

Avengers?

#1290 2 years ago

Just got the call on my GZ Pro… so I’ll be picking that up in the next 48 hours. Finally can put the pile of mods to use!

#1291 2 years ago

Yup AIQ and I guess you could say Godzilla (Sega) and TMNT (Data East) as well. Basically all the same company.

#1292 2 years ago
    Quoted from Elvishasleft:

Nah.
    Star Wars will always get run because it is one of the biggest licenses of all time and will keep selling. That market never goes away.
    Mando was like any other release based off a current thing, the hype from the show is gone, anyone that was stoked about it already has one.
    They keep making stuff when the demand is there and dealers are asking for more.

Uhh what... you know new Mando episodes are still in production right? They just wrapped season 3, how is the hype gone

#1293 2 years ago
    Quoted from radium:

Uhh what... you know new Mando episodes are still in production right? They just wrapped season 3, how is the hype gone

Super hyped for season 3 with my dude Christopher Lloyd!

Screenshot_20220321-101735_Instagram (resized).jpgScreenshot_20220321-101735_Instagram (resized).jpgScreenshot_20220321-102241_Instagram (resized).jpgScreenshot_20220321-102241_Instagram (resized).jpg
    #1294 2 years ago
    Quoted from gandamack:

Is it just me? I kind of felt the acting and plotlines in Mandalorian were a bit dull. Trust me, I am Star Wars fan, but the scriptwriting for this show was subpar at best. Probably just spoiled by the amazing writing in series like Breaking Bad, Game of Thrones, etc...

I'm right there with you. Been a Star Wars fan my whole life, Mandalorian did absolutely nothing for me, I couldn't even finish watching the first season. It was awful.

#1295 2 years ago

Had a Star Wars and sold it. Hated it but the hyperloop was cool when you could make it. Wish Elwin did that theme.

#1296 2 years ago

Any more TMNT's getting made? Sorry I'm out of the loop. I never thought I'd be in the market for a 2nd new machine. Would like to buy a NIB pro up in Canada don't want to have to wait 2 years though...

#1297 2 years ago
    Quoted from pinfarmer:

Any more TMNT's getting made? Sorry I'm out of the loop. I never thought I'd be in the market for a 2nd new machine. Would like to buy a NIB pro up in Canada don't want to have to wait 2 years though...

Automated has them in stock

#1298 2 years ago
    Quoted from pinfarmer:

scheduled later in the year

#1299 2 years ago
    Quoted from pinfarmer:

Automated has some I just got my new pro last week. It said on the back build date was OCTOBER 2020 code was 1.23. When I opened it I was pumped absolutely beautiful 6,699$

#1300 2 years ago
    Quoted from big-c66:

Automated has some I just got my new pro last week. It said on the back build date was OCTOBER 2020 code was 1.23. When I opened it I was pumped absolutely beautiful 6,699$

This was a NIB they had sitting around since Oct 2020?

There are 8,168 posts in this topic. You are on page 26 of 164.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/what-is-on-the-line-at-stern-pinball-delays/page/26?hl=zaki and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.