Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 8,159 posts
  • 858 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 27 hours ago by Wildbill327
  • Topic is favorited by 532 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

glasses.gif
    nedry.gif
    snaps.gif
    Screenshot_20240318_201633_Chrome (resized).jpg
    IMG_8074 (resized).jpeg
    download (resized).jpeg
    7136153e-4781-4514-8f75-26077beb0e35-1655665323130 (resized).jpg
    designer-delays (resized).png
    image000000 (resized).jpeg
    IMG_1455.gif
    Skinner (resized).png
    26CDA9FF-5625-4BC0-AECC-1FF8C139FBFB (resized).jpeg
    pasted_image (resized).png
    IMG_5780 (resized).png
    bobbymcgeestub.png
    JT.gif
    There are 8,159 posts in this topic. You are on page 24 of 164.
    #1151 2 years ago

Hopefully if mando is done avengers and Godzilla is up next.

#1152 2 years ago
    Quoted from beltking:

Hopefully if mando is done avengers and Godzilla is up next.

I’ve always wondered what the set-up time between runs is. I mean a factory is a factory but you still have to have all the parts and the order and the process…. So changing from one to another isn’t impossible but it isn’t flip-a-switch either.

#1153 2 years ago
    Quoted from Collin:

Nice strawman and deflection.
    I'm not flipping new games for profit. Your disingenuous shit rings real hollow

Remember, this is the same person who started the “F U Stern and your price hikes” thread, and then literally got caught flipping pins well above msrp

#1154 2 years ago
    Quoted from JackG:

Here's something for What is on the line at Stern. This is the projected schedule with Godzilla starting this week. If you have any info pertaining to what's on the line or if you are confirmed with an order, please let us know.
    Mar 2022 - Godzilla Pro & Premium
    Mar 2022 - AIQ Pro & Premium
    Apr 2022 - Rush Pro & Premium
    Apr 2022 - JP Pro & Premium
    May 2022 - Godzilla Pro & Premium
    July 2022 - Deadpool Pro & Premium
    July 2022 - Godzilla Pro & Premium
    Aug 2022 - Star Wars Pro & Premium (original art package)
    Aug 2022 - NEW STERN CORNERSTONE
    Sep 2022 - Star Wars the pin (original & comic art)
    Oct 2022 - JP the pin
    Nov 2022 - Elvira Premium
    Dec 2022 - TMNT Pro & Premium

What’s the speculation on the production gap in June?

#1155 2 years ago
    Quoted from JackG:Here's something for What is on the line at Stern. This is the projected schedule with Godzilla starting this week. If you have any info pertaining to what's on the line or if you are confirmed with an order, please let us know.
    Mar 2022 - Godzilla Pro & Premium
    Mar 2022 - AIQ Pro & Premium
    Apr 2022 - Rush Pro & Premium
    Apr 2022 - JP Pro & Premium
    May 2022 - Godzilla Pro & Premium
    July 2022 - Deadpool Pro & Premium
    July 2022 - Godzilla Pro & Premium
    Aug 2022 - Star Wars Pro & Premium (original art package)
    Aug 2022 - NEW STERN CORNERSTONE
    Sep 2022 - Star Wars the pin (original & comic art)
    Oct 2022 - JP the pin
    Nov 2022 - Elvira Premium
    Dec 2022 - TMNT Pro & Premium

Just curious: The new cornerstone, only part of Aug? How can they fill demand with such a short initial run? Is that "normal"? Unless they dump the two months of "the pin" (although I don't know why they'd spend so much time on those, I don't think they sell well). If it's BTTF, Bond or something else which is really popular demand could eclipse GZ. You'd think with them dumping one title for the year they'd keep the one they're expecting to sell better on the schedule.
    My distro said could be March before my EHOH is run, and that makes sense to me considering the situation.

#1156 2 years ago
    Quoted from KingVidiot:

Remember, this is the same person who started the “F U Stern and your price hikes” thread, and then literally got caught flipping pins well above msrp

Yeah screw Stern - those price hikes must have really been cutting into his profits…

#1157 2 years ago

Too bad there isn’t a Stern_tv that streams both production lines 24/7. Now that would be interesting!! Looks like 3 runs of GZ this year. Each slot is a two week period, so if Stern builds one model a week and their build capabilities are 500 games a week …we can expect 1,500 GZ premiums and 1,500 pros to be sold this year. For being a #1 title on Pinside#100, that doesn’t seem near enough premiums, and I expect this tile will be difficult to buy without paying a “premium” (nice pun!).

E11A0A1B-A252-430A-B019-83D74E4A01FD.jpegE11A0A1B-A252-430A-B019-83D74E4A01FD.jpeg

#1158 2 years ago
    Quoted from jeffspinballpalace:

Too bad there isn’t a Stern_tv that streams both production lines 24/7. Now that would be interesting!! Looks like 3 runs of GZ this year. Each slot is a two week period, so if Stern builds one model a week and their build capabilities are 500 games a week …we can expect 1,500 GZ premiums and 1,500 pros to be sold this year. For being a #1 title on Pinside#100, that doesn’t seem near enough premiums, and I expect this tile will be difficult to buy without paying a “premium” (nice pun!).
    [quoted image]

Whole month of May is 4 weeks, so add another 500 of each to the total. June is unknown, but that might be the build time of the next cornerstone title.

#1159 2 years ago
    Quoted from unclerudy:

Whole month of May is 4 weeks, so add another 500 of each to the total. June is unknown, but that might be the build time of the next cornerstone title.

Any month with a single slot like May, only means the other slot is yet to be identified. Otherwise the line would be listed twice. The open slot is uncommitted for now. That Stern didn’t doesn’t list GZ for another May slot means they don’t intend to add it there, for now. There are special projects, surprise projects, downtime and other products to be made that occur throughout the year and these need an open place to fit.

The other flexibility Stern has is to vary the mix of models. If GZ pro wasn’t so awesome, Stern could build mostly premiums. But I really like all 3 models and believe there is a strong demand for GZ pro’s. So it will probably be even runs of pros and premiums. Stern likes offering a wide mix of pinballs. The Pin product line might start taking off soon.

#1160 2 years ago

Hopeful they pump some Star Wars in May/June. Looks like space to run it and some other titles

#1161 2 years ago
    Quoted from MaxIsDead:

Hopeful they pump some Star Wars in May/June. Looks like space to run it and some other titles

I have a SW Prem on order. My distro has only mentioned the August run for September delivery.

#1162 2 years ago
    Quoted from SimplePin:

I have a SW Prem on order. My distro has only mentioned the August run for September delivery.

Ya thats what I have heard too. But with space to slide it in early maybe we'll get a big surprise!

#1163 2 years ago

I'm being told "Summer" on my JP Prem and that's the been status since November.

#1164 2 years ago

I was told April for my JP Prem. Ordered in November.

#1165 2 years ago

My distro is still saying JP Prem run in April. My order was August of last year.

#1166 2 years ago

I played a lot of GZ pro and really like it. I’ve also played the premium and vavvava voom! My point is no matter which version you seek, it is going to be fantastic, once you get it.

#1167 2 years ago

Man, that is a loooooong wait! I am quite disappointed to read this.

Quoted from ChipDE:

My distro is still saying JP Prem run in April. My order was August of last year.

#1168 2 years ago

So I was told back in December I would get my GZ premium in august, but that was before they added the may/July run. When asked if that moves up my arrival date (makes sense to me) my distro still firmly tells me I’ll get it in august. Am I missing something here ? Maybe they cut his allotment down?

#1169 2 years ago

I was told recently (last week or so) that I was still several months away from my GZ premium. Deposit was sent the day after reveal.

#1170 2 years ago
    Quoted from shanksfornothin:

So I was told back in December I would get my GZ premium in august, but that was before they added the may/July run. When asked if that moves up my arrival date (makes sense to me) my distro still firmly tells me I’ll get it in august. Am I missing something here ? Maybe they cut his allotment down?

Prolly not wanting to go back and forth on dates with you until they KNOW your game is in their inventory.

#1171 2 years ago
    Quoted from shanksfornothin:

With the dealers going from being able to order the amount of games they would like to strictly an allocation, the additional runs may have been needed for you to get your game by August. If they ordered 10 and got 3 allocated for example. On one of the last podcasts with Zach Meny he said the additional runs only helped the average dealer about 10% additional supply. So for many probably didn't significantly get you further up in the timeline. Just my 2 cents

#1172 2 years ago
    Quoted from PinStalker:

Just curious: The new cornerstone, only part of Aug? How can they fill demand with such a short initial run? Is that "normal"? Unless they dump the two months of "the pin" (although I don't know why they'd spend so much time on those, I don't think they sell well). If it's BTTF, Bond or something else which is really popular demand could eclipse GZ. You'd think with them dumping one title for the year they'd keep the one they're expecting to sell better on the schedule.
    My distro said could be March before my EHOH is run, and that makes sense to me considering the situation.

I’m waiting on Elvira to so if it’s not coming in November or December n it’s going to be next March that will give me a little more time to save up. My tmnt comes in tomorrow 3-23 so I spent a little of my Elvira money. Lol

#1173 2 years ago

I’m supposedly on the March GZ premium run and April JP premium run…fingers crossed, no negative news on either to this point

#1174 2 years ago
    Quoted from ray-dude:

Had anyone with a stern direct Rush LE heard anything? I’ve had radio silence on mine

Got shipping notice for my Insider Connect Rush LE today, should arrive in San Diego Friday!

This unit is part of a charity auction for cancer research, with ~$27k committed so far (amazing!) If folks are interested in supporting the effort, the fund raising page is at https://fundraise.cancerresearch.org/fundraiser/3775282 ($27k is amazing, but I'd love to break $30k if we can)

#1175 2 years ago

You guys want to hear from a distributor in this thread, so hear you go. I picked up some (not all i was supposed to) godzilla pros at the factory yesterday, so yes Godzilla pros are shipping. DOnt know if it is enough to fill everyones orders for their March Allocation, but they are being made

#1176 2 years ago
    Quoted from Tilt:

You guys want to hear from a distributor in this thread, so hear you go. I picked up some (not all i was supposed to) godzilla pros at the factory yesterday, so yes Godzilla pros are shipping. DOnt know if it is enough to fill everyones orders for their March Allocation, but they are being made

WOO HOO!!!!

Thank you for the best news all day!

#1177 2 years ago
    Quoted from Tilt:

KKKEEEEEEE YYYYYYAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH

#1178 2 years ago
    Quoted from Tilt:

Sweet! Come on premiums!

#1179 2 years ago

Yes more dealers chime in on this thread since you know more. Less emails for you to answer.

#1180 2 years ago
    Quoted from Tilt:

This is the best aaaand the worst news all in one. They are HERE! but not all of them Now I'm really worried and excited to hear they are coming!

#1181 2 years ago
    Quoted from jeffspinballpalace:

I played a lot of GZ pro and really like it. I’ve also played the premium and vavvava voom! My point is no matter which version you seek, it is going to be fantastic, once you get it.

I gotta think that with the much higher profit margin of the premium, considering the backlog of demand for both models, it would make sense for Stern to focus much more on fulfilling the premium orders before the pros.

#1182 2 years ago
    Quoted from vicjw66:

I gotta think that with the much higher profit margin of the premium, considering the backlog of demand for both models, it would make sense for Stern to focus much more on fulfilling the premium orders before the pros.

I think for Stern, Pro's are really important as well since they are more often put on location. Location play drives the hobby and interest of pinball. (Even if they mostly sell to the home market now)

#1183 2 years ago

We finally got to play a Rush Pro at our local pin bar last week. I was surprised how thin/skimpy the game felt. Not sure how many Prems the Pro is going to sell

The Godzilla Pro right next to it looks cheap with the plastics, but the play is basically the same as my LE. I absolutely love the GZ Pro, and I’m sure that it will drive a lot of interest in the Prem

That night the table getting the most attention was the CGC Monster Bash. Interesting to see people drawn to that game over the others.

#1184 2 years ago

My dealer said there getting 17 in march with 51 on order for that time frame……

#1185 2 years ago

There’s a f…ing ton of orders for this game! We’re all f…d for a while

#1186 2 years ago
    Quoted from Billygrippo:

So are you getting one of the 17? When did you order?

#1187 2 years ago

I got that notification on 1/31 so I ordered from another dealer on 2/4 because I was told that even after that, they weren’t sure how many they would get on the following run. They would have to get 35+ in august in order to get to me. 2023 is what I was told from that particular dealer…which sucks, cause it’s 1k cheaper than the one I ended up ordering from, which is supposedly supposed to come sooner…

#1188 2 years ago

I might as well have waited longer and saved 1k!

#1189 2 years ago
    Quoted from Billygrippo:

Clarification question for me on this, did your dealer mean they had an order for 51 in March, and were only set to get 17 machines? Or, does it mean they have 51 total on order, and were only set to receive 17 in March?

I'm curious because per my dealer I have a spot in the March GZ Pro run, but alot of what I've read (on this thread and elsewhere), seems to indicate distros may not even be receiving the allotment there were told to expect?

#1190 2 years ago

51/17 = 3 *exactly*

Coincidentally (not) this is also the average number of pre-orders the typical pinside GZ customer places for this game at different distributors hence it will work out just fine.

#1191 2 years ago
    Quoted from galore2112:

51/17 = 3 *exactly*
    Coincidentally (not) this is also the average number of pre-orders the typical pinside GZ customer places for this game at different distributors hence it will work out just fine.

LOL true, I hope for everyone (including stern) that as the machines come in that all the duplicate orders cancel and everyone moves up in line. MAYBE….when all the duplicate orders get weeded out we find that they aren’t quite as far behind on GZ as we all thought. Just my theory and a lot of wishful thinking

#1192 2 years ago
    Quoted from ZAuxier:

Clarification question for me on this, did your dealer mean they had an order for 51 in March, and were only set to get 17 machines? Or, does it mean they have 51 total on order, and were only set to receive 17 in March?
    I'm curious because per my dealer I have a spot in the March GZ Pro run, but alot of what I've read (on this thread and elsewhere), seems to indicate distros may not even be receiving the allotment there were told to expect?

17 total machines for march, 51 orders. So, 34 remaining to be filled next run. Also if I remember correctly, they were supposed to receive 26 from stern in august.

#1193 2 years ago

I'm impressed you're getting that much clarity from your distro! I wish others were a little more forthcoming with that info, but I can also understand "for business reasons" why they aren't.

#1194 2 years ago
    Quoted from aamauzy:

I'm impressed you're getting that much clarity from your distro! I wish others were a little more forthcoming with that info, but I can also understand "for business reasons" why they aren't.

Getting reply’s along with straight up answers isn’t a bad thing. I like it

#1195 2 years ago

Any idea if Stern does premium before pros in a run? I’m told my spot is 11 of 14 for a JP premium in April.

#1196 2 years ago

I was supposed to get a GZ pro in March. Distributor said everything has been pushed a month so likely the March orders won’t get shipped until late April or May. He said stern is having issues getting parts and is behind. He said he could get surprised and see a small shipment come sooner but it’s a guessing game. He wasn’t optimistic

#1197 2 years ago
    Quoted from Mattyk:

I was supposed to get a GZ pro in March. Distributor said everything has been pushed a month so likely the March orders won’t get shipped until late April or May. He said stern is having issues getting parts and is behind. He said he could get surprised and see a small shipment come sooner but it’s a guessing game. He wasn’t optimistic

More ammo for my belief they’ve intentionally left June open for a mid-year catch-up. Fits with the announcement that they are focussing on getting rid of the backlog.

#1198 2 years ago
    Quoted from Mattyk:

Which sounds odd because there is already a distributor stating that pros are already being picked up.

#1199 2 years ago

Godzilla has been confirmed to be currently on the line by multiple distributors.

#1200 2 years ago

Just talked to my distributor. Looks like I’ll be getting my game in two weeks or so. He said that he is getting his full allotment of Godzilla premiums, it’s just about two weeks delayed.

There are 8,159 posts in this topic. You are on page 24 of 164.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/what-is-on-the-line-at-stern-pinball-delays/page/24?hl=simpleskin and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.