Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 8,156 posts
  • 858 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 2 hours ago by big-c66
  • Topic is favorited by 533 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

glasses.gif
    nedry.gif
    snaps.gif
    Screenshot_20240318_201633_Chrome (resized).jpg
    IMG_8074 (resized).jpeg
    download (resized).jpeg
    7136153e-4781-4514-8f75-26077beb0e35-1655665323130 (resized).jpg
    designer-delays (resized).png
    image000000 (resized).jpeg
    IMG_1455.gif
    Skinner (resized).png
    26CDA9FF-5625-4BC0-AECC-1FF8C139FBFB (resized).jpeg
    pasted_image (resized).png
    IMG_5780 (resized).png
    bobbymcgeestub.png
    JT.gif
    There are 8,156 posts in this topic. You are on page 22 of 164.
    #1051 2 years ago
    Quoted from PapaBless:

While I do understand being a non-customer doesn't entitle me to ANY information I wasn't going to say anything until I read these items. Actions speak louder than words. I reached out asking if he had any information about the GZ Pro run that was supposed to be shipping soon. I explained I'm not a customer but simply asking to share with you all here. Got an answer that he would be "happy to assist customers". Again from a business standpoint I totally get and respect that, but to come here and say you relay information to non-customers and also that you "support the pinball community" it just didn't sit right with me. Feels like a god at the gates with folded arms saying none shall pass. Simple "No info yet" or "Hey should be shipping within the next few weeks" literally anything would have been super cool. I don't know, just kinda crappy imo

His podcast tends to be the only consistent and “public” source for production updates, and he has no obligation to do that either.

Imagine fielding 30 emails, messages, and texts a day for customers asking questions about the production schedule, then getting another 15-20 from non-customers. You’d probably tire of it after a while... Dude has to draw the line somewhere. He’s not some kind of public servant, and has plenty of other stuff to do on a given day.

With the podcast update he just says it once and it’s out there.

#1052 2 years ago
    Quoted from PapaBless:

and also that you "support the pinball community" it just didn't sit right with me.

Not a customer of Zach and he can be a bit of a windbag, but he’s got passion and has done a crapload to support the pinball community.
    Just call the guy and work it out.

#1053 2 years ago
    Quoted from JStoltz:

He’s not some kind of public servant, and has plenty of other stuff to do on a given day.

Again, totally get that and was understanding of the non answer I got from him because of this. My issue was that he come here and is touting that he's does this and that even for non customers in the exact same day of him pushing me aside. Just a little misguided to post that is all I was pointing out.

#1054 2 years ago

Let’s get back on track and discuss updates to production here not experiences with distributors. That’s a different topic.

#1055 2 years ago
    Quoted from beltking:

Let’s get back on track and discuss updates to production here not experiences with distributors. That’s a different topic.

Yes, thank you.

The latest info I’ve received from a distro regarding GZ premium is that it’s still expected on the line in the next week or so, and that in his view, Stern has been ramping things up and keeping the line moving. We will see

#1056 2 years ago

Here's the info we have. Apparently Godzilla starts on the line next week. Woohoo! If you do get any updates on what's on the line or where it falls on the schedule, please share on this thread.

Mar 2022 - Godzilla Pro & Premium
    Mar 2022 - AIQ Pro & Premium
    Apr 2022 - Rush Pro & Premium
    Apr 2022 - JP Pro & Premium
    May 2022 - Godzilla Pro & Premium
    July 2022 - Deadpool Pro & Premium
    July 2022 - Godzilla Pro & Premium
    Aug 2022 - Star Wars Pro & Premium (original art package)
    Aug 2022 - NEW STERN CORNERSTONE
    Sep 2022 - Star Wars the pin (original & comic art)
    Oct 2022 - JP the pin
    Nov 2022 - Elvira Premium
    Dec 2022 - TMNT Pro & Premium

#1057 2 years ago

One way I look at the extended wait, is that I don’t have to put out 20k in an instant with the couple of games I have on order. Now, I am in a spot where I can possibly buy the new cornerstone game as well in the same stride…”so to speak”. BTTF??

#1058 2 years ago

It’s amazing even with the dropped games like BM66 there’s so many available options. Compare to JJP who could have a successful re-run on most of their pins but if you don’t like Wonka or GnR you’re out of luck.

#1059 2 years ago
    Quoted from Obed_Marsh:

Good luck! Getting really anxious for mine as well. I've been trying to minimize my nagging check-ins with the distro I bought from, and while they have been responsive when I've reached out; albeit with no hard info which I understand and dont fault them for, seems rather surprising they haven't volunteered a single update since my day 1 purchase.
    I'm still pretty new to the pinball world in a relative sense, but seems in most industries if someone was waiting for half a year for a preorder the business would be providing periodic updates on status. I'm sure some people do constantly spam them, but I think I've been pretty restrained, I inquiring 3 times in a total of 6 months wait.
    Anyway I'm basically just rambling and venting, but really hoping to get my game in the March batch.

Contacting your distro every 2 months seems reasonable considering titles were getting pushed back more.

#1060 2 years ago

Anyone know if Mando's are still rolling off the line this week? Was expecting mine this run

#1061 2 years ago
    Quoted from MaxIsDead:

Anyone know if Mando's are still rolling off the line this week? Was expecting mine this run

Stern’s head engineer was on Marcos twitch stream yesterday and mentioned Mando was still on the line with GZ next.

#1062 2 years ago
    Quoted from tkur85:

Stern’s head engineer was on Marcos twitch stream yesterday and mentioned Mando was still on the line with GZ next.

Excellent news, Thx!

#1063 2 years ago
    Quoted from JackG:

Here's the info we have. Apparently Godzilla starts on the line next week. Woohoo! If you do get any updates on what's on the line or where it falls on the schedule, please share on this thread.

Oh boy one more run of RUSH this year. I'm trying to be patient, I'm trying to be cool, but I'll admit I'm very nervous that my day-one Premium pre-order isn't going to be met. I contacted my distro about my line position, didn't hear back - keeping my fingers crossed!

#1064 2 years ago

If they start GZ next week there is no way they will be doing AIQ in march. Just my thoughts. I wonder if they will be posting an updated schedule at some point since it already appears they are getting behind.

#1065 2 years ago

Is Iron Maiden done??

#1066 2 years ago
    Quoted from rai:

Is Iron Maiden done??

No plans to run this year. That’s all the distributors knew when I asked

#1067 2 years ago
    Quoted from rai:

Is Iron Maiden done??

As far as I understood it, the final run was done a couple months ago.

#1068 2 years ago
    Quoted from tkur85:

Contacting your distro every 2 months seems reasonable considering titles were getting pushed back more.

I did that and got a four word response. Yay communication!

#1069 2 years ago

Just got my in line #s
    JP pro #5 YES!
    DP prem #4 YES!
    Dp pro #11 YES!
    GZ prem #52 -#54 NOOOOOOOOOOO

#1070 2 years ago

You know how ticket master does their queue when tickets launch. dealer could create a portal that shows your position and move up as they ship. Would take a lot of emails off their plate.

#1071 2 years ago
    Quoted from aamauzy:

Oh boy one more run of RUSH this year. I'm trying to be patient, I'm trying to be cool, but I'll admit I'm very nervous that my day-one Premium pre-order isn't going to be met. I contacted my distro about my line position, didn't hear back - keeping my fingers crossed!

This was just the first quarter info, and it changes. There's a big gap after April. So there might be a May or June run of Rush. We'll get more information in April I hope, but I'm currently at 6 months for my day-one Premium Godzilla order, and not sure if Stern will provide enough to my distributor to get mine before the Fall, which would be a year wait.

Quoted from Fsdre:

If they start GZ next week there is no way they will be doing AIQ in march. Just my thoughts. I wonder if they will be posting an updated schedule at some point since it already appears they are getting behind.

That seems very accurate. When they originally moved AIQ, I believe the target was Godzilla from March 14-25, and AIQ starts on March 28. But if there's 2 weeks of Godzilla, it looks like AIQ will start on the line on April 4, unless the second line is doing AIQ. No one has released the second quarter schedule which would give us May and June line updates. But looks like they're wrapping up the current run of Mando which is a good sign that they're moving towards us.

Quoted from beltking:

You know how ticket master does their queue when tickets launch. dealer could create a portal that shows your position and move up as they ship. Would take a lot of emails off their plate.

That would actually be a really great idea! But I think this poses a high risk for distributors. Everyone would check the line order, and if one was up to 20 on back order and the other was at 100, then a lot of people would start canceling their orders or switch distributors, so although it would be pretty nice to have a deli number for your position, it's a lot of work for the distributor and just risks them losing customers. And since some distributors will get bigger allotments, it's hard to gauge when you would end up getting it.

#1072 2 years ago

I’m curious about the “no show” rate. Plunking down $500 on a game is one thing but actually handing over $10k (price+tax) after a year wait when the initial excitement is over is quite another.

I also put down a deposit on a GZ premium but the longer the wait, the less my desire to own one may be. And $10k is still a lot of money.

In my case, early 2023 is when I have the space but if “my” GZ isn’t available in 1Q2023, at least my spot in line will likely go to someone else.

#1073 2 years ago
    Quoted from newovad:

I did that and got a four word response. Yay communication!

"Blow off you wanker!" ??

#1074 2 years ago
    Quoted from galore2112:

the longer the wait, the less my desire to own one may be. And $10k is still a lot of money.
    In my case, early 2023 is when I have the space but if “my” GZ isn’t available in 1Q2023, at least my spot in line will likely go to someone else.

I’m in the same boat , I have one on order but the longer this drags out the less I’m concerned
    Really. I had 10k on hand ready to buy on day one , at this point I’ve already ordered another machine I wanted and if GZ eventually shows up
    Well see how I feel about the game then. All the
    Craziness and uncertainty is a real turn off

#1075 2 years ago

This thread can feel a bit gloomy at times with very little info out on what’s next, and wondering where we all are in line ect.
    With that in mind I hope we will all remember to post on this thread. What game did you order, and when you pre-ordered it. Just for some good news to be on the thread and maybe give others in similar situations with said game a little hope.

#1076 2 years ago
    Quoted from JackG:

Apr 2022 - JP Pro & Premium
    May 2022 - Godzilla Pro & Premium
    July 2022 - Deadpool Pro & Premium
    July 2022 - Godzilla Pro & Premium
    Aug 2022 - Star Wars Pro & Premium (original art package)
    Aug 2022 - NEW STERN CORNERSTONE
    Sep 2022 - Star Wars the pin (original & comic art)
    Oct 2022 - JP the pin
    Nov 2022 - Elvira Premium
    Dec 2022 - TMNT Pro & Premium

All good info, so far. Still unassigned is six week period from May 15 - June 30. Is big money still on a Kapow release? Need to know whether BTTF LE will be sitting under my 4th of July fireworks.

#1077 2 years ago
    Quoted from shanksfornothin:

What game did you order, and when you pre-ordered it.

I’ve got a Deadpool Premium ordered (ordered on December 16 2021 thru FlipNOut) and am expecting to get it from the July/August run.

Also previously ordered a Mandalorian Premium from them on June 24 2021 and picked it up January 27th 2022.

#1078 2 years ago
    Quoted from Happy81724:

No plans to run this year. That’s all the distributors knew when I asked

My distro said nothing planned that they had heard. A used one popped up for a good deal so I jumped on it.

#1080 2 years ago
    Quoted from jeffspinballpalace:

All good info, so far. Still unassigned is six week period from May 15 - June 30. Is big money still on a Kapow release? Need to know whether BTTF LE will be sitting under my 4th of July fireworks.

You and I both know it will be...

Screenshot_20220227-213119_Chrome (resized).jpgScreenshot_20220227-213119_Chrome (resized).jpg
    #1081 2 years ago
    Quoted from crujones4life:

You and I both know it will be...[quoted image]

If kieth Elwin drops a masterpiece of back to the future with some cool mechs and has call out by the doc himself I will sell every pin I own and cancel every order I have to get it LOL

#1082 2 years ago
    Quoted from WeirPinball:

Just got my in line #s
    JP pro #5 YES!
    DP prem #4 YES!
    Dp pro #11 YES!
    GZ prem #52 -#54 NOOOOOOOOOOO

Crap. My distro said there’s a lot of people ahead of me for GZ premium. I don’t think I’m probably getting one of the march builds.

#1083 2 years ago
    Quoted from vicjw66:

Crap. My distro said there’s a lot of people ahead of me for GZ premium. I don’t think I’m probably getting one of the march builds.

Unfortunately, there will be a lot of people waiting until later in the year at the earliest for many titles, GZ included. It seems as though most distributors are reporting that they only receive an allocation from Stern these days, gone are the times where a distributor could place an order for X amount of games. Demand far exceeds supply and doesn't appear to be about to change anytime soon.

#1084 2 years ago
    Quoted from Pinballer73:

Unfortunately, there will be a lot of people waiting until later in the year at the earliest for many titles, GZ included. It seems as though most distributors are reporting that they only receive an allocation from Stern these days, gone are the times where a distributor could place an order for X amount of games. Demand far exceeds supply and doesn't appear to be about to change anytime soon.

I miss the days of feeling like I was doing Stern and the distributors a favor by buying a game from them. Now it feels like I’m a nuisance for wanting to buy a game from them.

#1085 2 years ago
    Quoted from vicjw66:

I miss the days of feeling like I was doing Stern and the distributors a favor by buying a game from them. Now it feels like I’m a nuisance for wanting to buy a game from them.

Definitely. Now it seems you're lucky to get a game. Which does nothing at all for keeping price rises in check. Hopefully that doesn't lead to a future industry downturn.

#1086 2 years ago

So much for the “bubble burst”! Hahahaha

#1087 2 years ago
    Quoted from vicjw66:

Me too. I also miss the days that I could get a used game at a decent price. Nowadays NIB can be far cheaper than used.

DP pro f/s at the price of a nib premium.

#1088 2 years ago
    Quoted from rai:

DP pro f/s at the price of a nib premium

You used to NIB because you had to have that game before everyone else then you sold it for a few hundred below if it wasn’t for you

Now you buy NIB to save money or not pay for $1000s in mods you don’t notice

#1089 2 years ago
    Quoted from vicjw66:

Do distributors usually share where someone is in line in their list? I was initially told I was last one in the original run, then that their first run was just short by mine.

Last time I checked they still wouldn't guarantee me a March game and just said that I should get one this year. Maybe I'm reading into it too much but this seemed a bit off given that shouldn't I be first in line and be a lock for March if I was just barely bumped from the initial run..

#1090 2 years ago
    Quoted from Obed_Marsh:

shouldn't I be first in line and be a lock for March if I was just barely bumped from the initial run..

Without knowing the total number of machines Stern builds in one “run” and/or how many your distributor gets from Stern, it can very well be that you are first in line with your distributor but your distributor may be last in line at Stern and not get any from the March run.

I guess that’s why it may make sense to get on the lists from several distributors, large and small, in different states, if you are totally itching to get the game.

#1091 2 years ago

It is a bit ironic but we have gotten what we asked for shaping Stern into a 4 legged stool. We wanted our games to come out immediately after announcements - check. We wanted multiple releases each year - check. We wanted great licenses - check. Now we just want our games - no soup for you.

Never has a nib Stern game been coveted by more, even at an outrageous msrp, by more people and at a time when Stern is making more games than ever. People can play games on location while they wait or they can pay a $3k market adjustment and buy one in the marketplace. All options are ok.

Now think back to the 90’s when pinball was run in batches. One title with only one version would hit the line and run for 2-12 months. Games would continue to be run and sold until the next one showed up. A two month run would be considered a success and probably involve 5k-8k units. But when they were done, they were done, unless they weren’t. Games were made and sold and distributor inventory was low. Parts shortages was an unknown term. Life was simple.

#1092 2 years ago
    Quoted from jeffspinballpalace:

Never has a NIB Stern game been coveted, even at an outrageous MSRP, by more people, and at a time when Stern is making more games than ever.

Wasn't it Winston Churchill who said, "Never in the history of mankind has so much been owed by so many for so few pinball machines."

#1093 2 years ago

It was Paul Masson wine that said, “we will build you no pinball machine before it’s time”.

#1094 2 years ago
    Quoted from rai:

Me too. I also miss the days that I could get a used game at a decent price. Nowadays NIB can be far cheaper than used.
    DP pro f/s at the price of a nib premium.

Amen to that - I was hanging on to some pros of my own until I upgraded to premiums, but with the current market I'm blowing out the ones I know I will eventually get. I can wait, so I'm feeding the sharks that can't.

#1095 2 years ago

Al czervik said " Wang, what's with the pictures, it's a pinball machine."

#1096 2 years ago

Stern has a super deep money making opportunity, all limited by what they can produce. Just imagine if they could expand production. And with all the pinballs lined up over the months, they could still sell A TON of old Vault machines if they decided to do them... tens of thousands IMO... Kiss, Metallica, AC/DC, Tron, Iron Maiden, LOTR, Etc...

#1097 2 years ago
    Quoted from Cobray:

Stern has a super deep money making opportunity, all limited by what they can produce. Just imagine if they could expand production. And with all the pinballs lined up over the months, they could still sell A TON of old Vault machines if they decided to do them... tens of thousands IMO... Kiss, Metallica, AC/DC, Tron, Iron Maiden, LOTR, Etc...

But it’s not a production capacity issue, it’s a parts shortage issue…and in order for stern to keep their profit margins they need to source in bulk from China, but this means they’re competing with everyone else like major car manufacturers and other tech companies for parts. So the supply chain issues and delays continue.

If only it were as simple as expanding production capacity.

#1098 2 years ago

I just read an interview with Gomez about the Rush pin which he said most of the parts were sourced locally. https://www.dailyherald.com/business/20220313/what-a-rush-stern-pinball-scores-big-in-elk-grove-with-rock-stars-help-on-new-machine-line

#1099 2 years ago
    Quoted from NoDisclaimer:

I just read an interview with Gomez about the Rush pin which he said most of the parts were sourced locally. https://www.dailyherald.com/business/20220313/what-a-rush-stern-pinball-scores-big-in-elk-grove-with-rock-stars-help-on-new-machine-line

But just like with auto manufacture, a supplier Stern uses that's local to them may incorporate parts in the product they make for Stern from overseas, which causes shortages anyway.

Nice that Gomez confirmed that the home market is over 50% of their business now. HOW MUCH over 50% is the question.

#1100 2 years ago

I just know that the industry I'm in and all of the supporting industries surrounding us are starving for man power. We offer a 3000.00 signing bonus. I wouldn't doubt it if that was part of the equation also.

There are 8,156 posts in this topic. You are on page 22 of 164.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/what-is-on-the-line-at-stern-pinball-delays/page/22 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.