Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 8,159 posts
  • 858 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 12 hours ago by Wildbill327
  • Topic is favorited by 533 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

glasses.gif
    nedry.gif
    snaps.gif
    Screenshot_20240318_201633_Chrome (resized).jpg
    IMG_8074 (resized).jpeg
    download (resized).jpeg
    7136153e-4781-4514-8f75-26077beb0e35-1655665323130 (resized).jpg
    designer-delays (resized).png
    image000000 (resized).jpeg
    IMG_1455.gif
    Skinner (resized).png
    26CDA9FF-5625-4BC0-AECC-1FF8C139FBFB (resized).jpeg
    pasted_image (resized).png
    IMG_5780 (resized).png
    bobbymcgeestub.png
    JT.gif
    There are 8,159 posts in this topic. You are on page 21 of 164.
    #1001 2 years ago

I gotta say...one thing that is really irking me about this whole situation is that distros seem to be on a really short fuse right now.

Like...okay, great. I get that you're probably getting a bunch of stupid questions, and it's exhausting to deal with. When I email you asking if you can tell me where I'm at on the list for a *pro*, as I'm considering making a drive to buy one, but will wait a month or two if they're actually coming. You tell me that I've only had a deposit in for a month, and it's a year out (which is what you previously told me the wait for a *premium* was, and that you'd put me on the list for a pro as well, and had approx 20 or so in front of me and it shouldn't be too long)...and blast that out to me almost instantly, but then I tell you I'm asking about the pro, and if that gets ignored (Not saying that's the situation currently, I'll allow them a reasonable amount of time to reply).....that's a real good way to piss me off real fast, talking down to me like I'm an idiot after not actually answering the question...

*EDIT* I did get another response from this one saying effectively "We don't know, we're not going to make a promise we can't guarantee, and we are supposed to have some pros this month but who knows."

Frankly, this is going to be the second time I've been completely brushed off by a distro on GZ pro if I don't get a reasonable answer without the BS. I spent about a week talking to a smaller distro and the guy just couldn't ever get his shit together and tell me when he was expecting to have premiums, strung me along that whole time, then told him fine, put me down for a pro since you're expecting to have them in May.....sent him all my info...he *never* responded back with where to send a deposit to.I have absolutely NO issue saying this particular one (not the one above) was Arcade Game Sales of Maryland. That dude is entirely swamped with his work, or incompetent, or BOTH. Based on the fact he couldn't even tell me after days and days of telling me to call back later in the day and he would know for sure what he had, and that he couldn't be arsed to tell me where to send money to...I'm leaning towards incompetence. I won't even attempt to ever use him again after that interaction.

Frankly, I'm just about at the point where it's almost worth it to me to pay 11.5k for a used Premium just to avoid all this BS. If you don't want to take my ~20k in sales of a Pro *and* a Premium, then just freaking say that up front and stop wasting my time. Spending this much money shouldn't be so damn hard. Is it "worth" an extra 2k to avoid stress, a year wait, and the hassle of trying to turn around a Pro when the premium comes up? Yeah...honestly...it probably is.

#1002 2 years ago
    Quoted from Frax:

I gotta say...one thing that is really irking me about this whole situation is that distros seem to be on a really short fuse right now.
    Like...okay, great. I get that you're probably getting a bunch of stupid questions, and it's exhausting to deal with. When I email you asking if you can tell me where I'm at on the list for a *pro*, as I'm considering making a drive to buy one, but will wait a month or two if they're actually coming. You tell me that I've only had a deposit in for a month, and it's a year out (which is what you previously told me the wait for a *premium* was, and that you'd put me on the list for a pro as well, and had approx 20 or so in front of me and it shouldn't be too long)...and blast that out to me almost instantly, but then I tell you I'm asking about the pro, and if that gets ignored (Not saying that's the situation currently, I'll allow them a reasonable amount of time to reply).....that's a real good way to piss me off real fast, talking down to me like I'm an idiot after not actually answering the question...
    Frankly, this is going to be the second time I've been completely brushed off by a distro on GZ pro if I don't get a reasonable answer without the BS. I spent about a week talking to a smaller distro and the guy just couldn't ever get his shit together and tell me when he was expecting to have premiums, strung me along that whole time, then told him fine, put me down for a pro since you're expecting to have them in May.....sent him all my info...he *never* responded back with where to send a deposit to.I have absolutely NO issue saying this particular one (not the one above) was Arcade Game Sales of Maryland. That dude is entirely swamped with his work, or incompetent, or BOTH. Based on the fact he couldn't even tell me after days and days of telling me to call back later in the day and he would know for sure what he had, and that he couldn't be arsed to tell me where to send money to...I'm leaning towards incompetence. I won't even attempt to ever use him again after that interaction.
    Frankly, I'm just about at the point where it's almost worth it to me to pay 11.5k for a used Premium just to avoid all this BS. If you don't want to take my ~20k in sales of a Pro *and* a Premium, then just freaking say that up front and stop wasting my time. Spending this much money shouldn't be so damn hard. Is it "worth" an extra 2k to avoid stress, a year wait, and the hassle of trying to turn around a Pro when the premium comes up? Yeah...honestly...it probably is.

Well said - I have people asking me to find games for them and unfortunately I can't - I'm lucky if I can find them a game in the next 6 months...

#1003 2 years ago
    Quoted from Frax:

I really like Joe and have always had very positive interactions with him - and I will say that I went on a tear in early January trying to find a distributor to get on their list - and none of them really knew what to do or say because (it appears) neither does Stern. I intended to buy through him all along but I was getting nervous about the supply issues.

I am also not sure if he normally does the deposit thing? I've kind of always just gone to pick it up as soon as it shows up. Yeah, this all it sucks. I do think it's worth pointing out that since you're in Texas, and he deals with a lot of face-to-face sales, that might have been a factor. He's got a storefront but it's still a fairly small operation.

#1004 2 years ago
    Quoted from Frax:

I gotta say...Is it "worth" an extra 2k to avoid stress, a year wait, and the hassle of trying to turn around a Pro when the premium comes up? Yeah...honestly...it probably is.

It is. I bought JP for $6800, and I'm watching this thread saying "glad I did...." almost daily now.

#1005 2 years ago
    Quoted from Rdoyle1978:

I really like Joe and have always had very positive interactions with him - and I will say that I went on a tear in early January trying to find a distributor to get on their list - and none of them really knew what to do or say because (it appears) neither does Stern. I intended to buy through him all along but I was getting nervous about the supply issues.

I am also not sure if he normally does the deposit thing? I've kind of always just gone to pick it up as soon as it shows up. Yeah, this all it sucks. I do think it's worth pointing out that since you're in Texas, and he deals with a lot of face-to-face sales, that might have been a factor. He's got a storefront but it's still a fairly small operation.

Again, it's not hard to say "we only do local sales." I've got several other people that have corroborated the experience I had, so it's not just me, but it's not my place to speak for them. Had he just told me "Yep, you're good for May/June/Whatever, here's where to send the money." it would've already been in his hands. His loss....under normal circumstances...but these are far from normal, and I have zero doubts he won't miss my money at all. At least he was totally honest about the premiums, telling me he didn't have any clue when he might get more after he told me his next batch was sold. That's about the only positive I can walk away from the experience with.

23 days since our last communication where I gave him my info and told him to send me the payment info. Either you want the money or you don't, I'm not going to chase these guys around and beg. I allowed far more than anyone sane would consider "reasonable" for a response. What other people tell me is the same story....no communication for months...calls and emails ignored....etc etc... frankly I feel like he did me a favor at this point.

#1006 2 years ago
    Quoted from Hightechaddict:

If it makes you feel any better, I ordered a Deadpool Pro before Godzilla was even announced and there are (supposedly) going to be 2 more runs of Godzilla before the next run of Deadpool happens, and another Godzilla run the same month as the Deadpools.
    Plus, I took the price hit for Stern connected, the January 2022 price increase and looks like another rumored price hike in April.
    Not to mention my deposit money making money for my distributor sitting in his bank account instead of mine. Also, not a single communication aside from this thread as to what is going on.
    All in all, not a fantastic first NIB experience.

Wow I am so sorry that’s rough

#1007 2 years ago
    Quoted from gandamack:

That almost sounds like your distributor f'd up and gave your machine to somebody who ordered after you. Some distributors are better/more professional than others. Something does not add up.

Nah. When I ordered it ,it said tba 22 I didn’t think it would be December though. Who knows, maybe it’ll come sooner. Fingers crossed

#1008 2 years ago
    Quoted from Frax:

Again, it's not hard to say "we only do local sales." I've got several other people that have corroborated the experience I had, so it's not just me, but it's not my place to speak for them. Had he just told me "Yep, you're good for May/June/Whatever, here's where to send the money." it would've already been in his hands. His loss....under normal circumstances...but these are far from normal, and I have zero doubts he won't miss my money at all. At least he was totally honest about the premiums, telling me he didn't have any clue when he might get more after he told me his next batch was sold. That's about the only positive I can walk away from the experience with.
    23 days since our last communication where I gave him my info and told him to send me the payment info. Either you want the money or you don't, I'm not going to chase these guys around and beg. I allowed far more than anyone sane would consider "reasonable" for a response. What other people tell me is the same story....no communication for months...calls and emails ignored....etc etc... frankly I feel like he did me a favor at this point.

Craziness

#1009 2 years ago
    Quoted from WeirPinball:

Other Titles Available For Purchase/Pickup At The Louisville Show (do not have to wait until show end to pickup, but must pre-purchase for us to bring):
    - Jersey Jack Guns N Roses LE (NEW IN BOX) ($11,000)
    - Stern Elvira's House Of Horrors 40th Anniversary Edition (NEW IN BOX, #40, #69, #?)
    - Stern Batman 66 LE + mods (preowned) ($21,000)
    - Stern Stranger Things Premium (NEW IN BOX) ($14,000)
    - Stern Jurassic Park Premium (preowned) ($11,000)
    - Stern The Mandalorian LE (NEW IN BOX) ($15,000)
    - Stern Godzilla LE (NEW IN BOX) ($19,000)
    - Stern Beatles Gold (preowned) ($8,250)
    - Stern Star Wars Comic Premium + mods (preowned) ($11,000)
    - Stern Star Wars Comic: Home Edition (preowned) ($4,400)
    - Stern Deadpool Official Topper ($749)
    - Stern Stranger Things Official Topper ($650)
    - Stern Shooter Rods, Art Blades, Shakers, Armor, Banners
    - ICE/Raw Thrills Jurassic Park Sitdown Shooter Arcade (preowned) ($8,500)
    - Valley Dynamo Zombie All-Star Baseball Pitch N Bat (NEW IN BOX) ($5,999)
    - CGC Ms. PacMan/Galaga Standup Arcade (NEW IN BOX) ($2,999)
    [email protected]
    text: 812.457.9711

Zach,s prices are worse then scalper prices, lol Wait !! They are scalper prices This is why I will never buy anything from Zach and all of his fans will defend him to the grave

Quoted from Frax:

*EDIT* I did get another response from this one saying effectively "We don't know, we're not going to make a promise we can't guarantee, and we are supposed to have some pros this month but who knows."

Zach will sell you Stern Godzilla LE (NEW IN BOX) ($19,000) LOL

#1010 2 years ago
    Quoted from Frax:

I am right there with you my friend. One thing to keep in mind is that 1) Often times they know just as much as we do about Sterns line (mostly speculation) 2) They are probably bombarded with people trying to ask the same questions and are over it, they have a line of people to sell to, 3) It could honestly have been an mistake. I have opened emails on my phone and when I get back to my computer to respond to emails I read my unread mail and get sidetracked.
    Totally not defending, I just as annoyed by my distributors lack of communication, but I also understand their side.

#1011 2 years ago

Thanks JackG & WeirPinball . Any idea of the price these distributors are asking for an Elvira 40th?

#1012 2 years ago

I get it...I'm just not going to tolerate it. If I walk into a car dealership with 9k and tell them I'm looking to spend 9k...they're not going to tell me to come back tomorrow, and the next day, and the next. They MIGHT tell me to screw off (literally had a sales guy laugh in my face in November when I told them I was looking for a 22 Civic Sport and had 15k in hand for down payment!), or they might show me some cars, but they're not going to leave me alone. They'll send emails for months and months afterwards asking if I'm still interested in a car ETC.

There's got to be some level of personal accountability is what I'm saying. If I can't even get through the *sale* without having to be a rabid dog chasing them.....what kind of support should I expect from a distro like that when there's a dead node board the first month, or whatever? The whole thing just kills all the mojo around getting a NIB game for me. I'd rather not have it than feel like I gave someone that much money that didn't do a single damn thing to earn it other than type out some forms and pass tax back to the government. I've passed on things I wanted plenty of times...this isn't new to me. I'm not a FOMO guy very much, so these "sit back and wait for it to happen" kind of things don't really work with me.

I buy NIB for two reasons:

Less BS than dealing with private sales.
    After-purchase support if something happens with the game.

That's it. If either one of those things isn't in the equation...the math simply doesn't add up. I had stellar experiences with GEX previously with Metallica and AC/DC. Zero complaints. But now? They didn't even bother responding when I filled out their info request form. Sure, maybe it got lost in their email, accidentally deleted....whatever. That's not my fault, or my problem. If I had time to play phone tag with people all day, then I would've started there. Service across the board has gone to shit if you ask me. It's not really limited to this distro or that distro...it's all of them, just a question of degree.

At any rate, I've made my point and had my little crybaby rant. I'll pull up my pants now and move on with life.

#1013 2 years ago
    Quoted from Crumbalimb:

Zach,s prices are worse then scalper prices, lol Wait !! They are scalper prices This is why I will never buy anything from Zach and all of his fans will defend him to the grave. Zach will sell you Stern Godzilla LE (NEW IN BOX) ($19,000) LOL

I'm not one of his diehard fans, but I don't think that is an accurate or fair assessment of Zach. I haven't bought from him but would in the future. He's pretty transparent and doesn't charge shipping, which is pretty rare these days. Aside from Mad Pinball and Cointaker, I'm not sure who else offers free shipping at MSRP. I also like that he's one of the few distributors who supply us with details of what's on the line, which is what this thread is tracking. Most of anyone's info comes from him.

The earlier prices listed from his Facebook page were from items that he took in on trade or bought back and selling at a higher price as a result of paying a higher price. The other for sale items (not posted in this thread) were machines he opened up to play at the Louisville Expo, and here are those prices:

Available Games:
    - (SOLD) Stern Godzilla Pro ($6550)
    - (Pending) Stern Rush Pro ($6550)
    - Stern Rush Pro ($6550)
    - Stern Rush Pro ($6550)
    - (SOLD) Stern Rush Premium ($8550)
    - (Pending) Stern Rush Premium ($8550)
    - Stern Rush Premium ($8550)
    - (SOLD) Stern Mandalorian Pro ($6550)
    - Stern Mandalorian Pro ($6550)
    - Stern Mandalorian Premium ($8550)
    - Stern Star Wars Comic: Home Edition ($4400)
    - (SOLD)Jersey Jack Guns N Roses Limited Edition ($10550)
    - Jersey Jack Guns N Roses Limited Edition ($10550)

#1014 2 years ago
    Quoted from Pinballer73:

Thanks JackG & WeirPinball . Any idea of the price these distributors are asking for an Elvira 40th?

Too much for me so I don't even check. You'd have to call, text or email them.

#1015 2 years ago
    Quoted from Pinballer73:

Never checked on that one - too spicy for me to think about.

#1016 2 years ago
    Quoted from Crumbalimb:

Zach,s prices are worse then scalper prices, lol Wait !! They are scalper prices This is why I will never buy anything from Zach and all of his fans will defend him to the grave

I’ll echo that this isn’t accurate of Zach. His used machines he sells a little north of normal (that’s his prerogative, take a look at the market right now— it favors sellers heavily), but he is definitely not inflating his NIB prices. The special “call for pricing” models (Elvira 40th) are a different story, but you’ll notice he’s not much different than other distributors in that department.

I do have trouble getting responses from him sometimes and have to bump my emails in his inbox on occasion, but he’s a good dude and I’ll continue buying from him. I think a lot of people seem to judge him based on his podcast personality. I’d suggest having a conversation with him sometime— he is significantly more laid back in that environment.

#1017 2 years ago

I feel left out now, haven't reached out to my distro once since ordering in November. I'm going to have to do that soon to be sure my game is still coming this month as promised

#1018 2 years ago

Does Stern publish production numbers? It would be interesting how niche this market really is and what the real root cause for year long wait is.

I personally am on a waiting list for a GZ and don’t really care if this gets delivered in 2022 or 2023 but something is really broken with this market when $10k toys (that aren’t hand assembled by virgins) aren’t available for many months.

#1019 2 years ago

Does Stern publish production numbers?
    HELL NO! they don't. We've all been wishing that since the beginning

#1020 2 years ago
    Quoted from Frax:

I get it...I'm just not going to tolerate it. If I walk into a car dealership with 9k and tell them I'm looking to spend 9k...they're not going to tell me to come back tomorrow, and the next day, and the next. They MIGHT tell me to screw off (literally had a sales guy laugh in my face in November when I told them I was looking for a 22 Civic Sport and had 15k in hand for down payment!), or they might show me some cars, but they're not going to leave me alone. They'll send emails for months and months afterwards asking if I'm still interested in a car ETC.
    There's got to be some level of personal accountability is what I'm saying. If I can't even get through the *sale* without having to be a rabid dog chasing them.....what kind of support should I expect from a distro like that when there's a dead node board the first month, or whatever? The whole thing just kills all the mojo around getting a NIB game for me. I'd rather not have it than feel like I gave someone that much money that didn't do a single damn thing to earn it other than type out some forms and pass tax back to the government. I've passed on things I wanted plenty of times...this isn't new to me. I'm not a FOMO guy very much, so these "sit back and wait for it to happen" kind of things don't really work with me.
    I buy NIB for two reasons:
    Less BS than dealing with private sales.
    After-purchase support if something happens with the game.
    That's it. If either one of those things isn't in the equation...the math simply doesn't add up. I had stellar experiences with GEX previously with Metallica and AC/DC. Zero complaints. But now? They didn't even bother responding when I filled out their info request form. Sure, maybe it got lost in their email, accidentally deleted....whatever. That's not my fault, or my problem. If I had time to play phone tag with people all day, then I would've started there. Service across the board has gone to shit if you ask me. It's not really limited to this distro or that distro...it's all of them, just a question of degree.
    At any rate, I've made my point and had my little crybaby rant. I'll pull up my pants now and move on with life.

I find messaging JJ on Facebook is the fastest rout to his responses. Not saying that’ll always work, but it works for me every time so far.

#1021 2 years ago
    Quoted from JackG:

I'm not one of his diehard fans, but I don't think that is an accurate or fair assessment of Zach. I haven't bought from him but would in the future. He's pretty transparent and doesn't charge shipping, which is pretty rare these days. Aside from Mad Pinball and Cointaker, I'm not sure who else offers free shipping at MSRP. I also like that he's one of the few distributors who supply us with details of what's on the line, which is what this thread is tracking. Most of anyone's info comes from him.
    The earlier prices listed from his Facebook page were from items that he took in on trade or bought back and selling at a higher price as a result of paying a higher price. The other for sale items (not posted in this thread) were machines he opened up to play at the Louisville Expo, and here are those prices:
    Available Games:
    - (Pending) Stern Rush Pro ($6550)
    - Stern Rush Pro ($6550)
    - Stern Rush Pro ($6550)
    - (SOLD) Stern Rush Premium ($8550)
    - (Pending) Stern Rush Premium ($8550)
    - Stern Rush Premium ($8550)
    - Stern Mandalorian Pro ($6550)
    - Stern Star Wars Comic: Home Edition ($4400)
    - (SOLD)Jersey Jack Guns N Roses Limited Edition ($10550)
    - Jersey Jack Guns N Roses Limited Edition ($10550)

Some folks get upset if he takes in used games and sell them at scalper rates. Personally, I don’t disagree with that at all. He took in a used machine and that’s a part of his business (used machines) - make the money by offering at market rate, which will speak for itself.

Here’s the question though - that NIB Godzilla at 19k? That is a little odd and rightly draws a lot of criticism as it appears he’s not being consistent with what he says (NIB will only be sold at msrp). His few diehards will scream how dare you even ask about that - he’s the best! Haha. But for those with half a brain, explaining things like that would help his case b/c I’m sure someone didn’t trade in a NIB Godzilla unless they’re the dumbest person in the world.

#1022 2 years ago

Elvira 40th we’re $25k plus topper at 1000 if lucky and got about $700 in mods. Friend got his for 22 but got three tot to get this price. Many distributors who had them after launch were asking higher around 28k. Some still can be found around 25-26k.

#1023 2 years ago
    Quoted from WeirPinball:

Just check, many distros still have more than 1
    I know of at least 4 with inventory

The value just isn't there for the abhorrent jump in price. If Stern had made the 40th Elvira really special and put Nordman's original ramps back in and the wheel of fate, they would have sold out immediately. But some extra trim for 2x as much? Uh, yeah...no.

#1024 2 years ago
    Quoted from JStoltz:

I’ll echo that this isn’t accurate of Zach. His used machines he sells a little north of normal (that’s his prerogative, take a look at the market right now— it favors sellers heavily), but he is definitely not inflating his NIB prices. The special “call for pricing” models (Elvira 40th) are a different story, but you’ll notice he’s not much different than other distributors in that department.
    I do have trouble getting responses from him sometimes and have to bump my emails in his inbox on occasion, but he’s a good dude and I’ll continue buying from him. I think a lot of people seem to judge him based on his podcast personality. I’d suggest having a conversation with him sometime— he is significantly more laid back in that environment.

He has given me the best service out of any distro I've dealt with and his price for a recent LE was msrp and not a penny over.

His used or personal machines are market price and I'm sure nice. Will not hesitate to purchase from him in the future.

#1025 2 years ago
    Quoted from Crumbalimb:

I’ve purchased a couple games from Zach and will tell you first handed that there are a lot of people to buy from that that you’ll have a much better experience with. He tried to swindle me for 29,500 on the Elvira because he’s a price gouger, sold me a BuckHunter (nib) that didn’t work from the get go and ignored me after trying to get help fixing it and found out it didn’t even come from him when trying to get warranty work, never sends you shipping information once you purchase a game from him and have to track it down yourself. I could go and on about his complete incompetence when it comes to communication. I’m sure he’s a nice guy but his business skills are shat!

#1026 2 years ago
    Quoted from galore2112:

something is really broken with this market when $10k toys (that aren’t hand assembled by virgins) aren’t available for many months.

Broken supply lines don’t unwind quickly.
    Good thing you are patient.

Be good to the distributors folks.
    Stressful time and most appreciate their customers
    even on an off day.

#1027 2 years ago
    Quoted from Frax:

Fair and valid points. Not a rant, we ALL feel your pain with this one!

#1028 2 years ago
    Quoted from Vino:

Broken supply lines don’t unwind quickly.
    Good thing you are patient.
    Be good to the distributors folks.
    Stressful time and most appreciate their customers
    even on an off day.

Oh, I haven’t contacted the distributor since I got on the list in January. I personally don’t even have the space for another pinball machine until 2023 when my home addition is done so I don’t plan on asking the distributor until April 2023. I had to make sure I save the pre-order confirmation not that I misplace it lol.

If Stern can’t build it until then I may just cancel or not, depends if I still want it or not.

About the supply chains: I work for a major semiconductor manufacturer and am very aware. I also know that this has been easing at least in this sector and personally I think in year three of this pandemic, this explanation doesn’t really cut it anymore. If the supply chain is the reason why Stern can’t produce their games, then I’d be worried how they can actually survive this. I thought this was about demand, not the supply chain. Are you saying Stern is idling their factory in 2022 because they don’t have parts??!?

#1029 2 years ago

Cointaker is still taking 1000 deposits on JP Premium with a delivery date third quarter July, August, September. They must know something we don't.

#1030 2 years ago
    Quoted from delt31:

Some folks get upset if he takes in used games and sell them at scalper rates. Personally, I don’t disagree with that at all. He took in a used machine and that’s a part of his business (used machines) - make the money by offering at market rate, which will speak for itself.
    Here’s the question though - that NIB Godzilla at 19k? That is a little odd and rightly draws a lot of criticism as it appears he’s not being consistent with what he says (NIB will only be sold at msrp). His few diehards will scream how dare you even ask about that - he’s the best! Haha. But for those with half a brain, explaining things like that would help his case b/c I’m sure someone didn’t trade in a NIB Godzilla unless they’re the dumbest person in the world.

I don't recall 100% but I want to say that was actually a NIB trade-in that he got (he may have mentioned this on a TPS episode around that time), and may be why he priced it at what he perceived to be market value rather than MSRP.

Giving him benefit of the doubt (which I'll continue to do until I have a reason not to) I'm further assuming that he honors MSRP on his allotment from manufacturers but prices at market for anything obtained outside of his allotment (trade-ins, for example).

I don't think it's hard to believe someone would have traded him a NIB LE Godzilla because people have to commit to the LE's sight unseen these days. Very possible that the person who bought it wasn't a fan of it once it was revealed and decided to leverage it for something else.

Related.. here's a NIB DP Premium for $12000 from Operation Pinball. That's significantly above MSRP. Is this part of their allotment? A trade in? The ad says "In Stock" which suggests allotment to me, but that is also an assumption.
    https://pinside.com/pinball/market/classifieds/ad/129141

#1031 2 years ago
    Quoted from NoDisclaimer:

Cointaker is still taking 1000 deposits on JP Premium with a delivery date third quarter July, August, September. They must know something we don't.

Their site may be taking deposits, but when I spoke with Melissa all premiums were spoken for. I paid a deposit on a Pro and am on the standby list if a Premium isn’t claimed or wanted.

#1032 2 years ago
    Quoted from PinStalker:

Not only that, I hope they do one more special version of it. The 40th sold out, and at the highest price ever. Doesn't need to be a 40th caliber, but something above a premium? Oh yeah.... I'd move my deposit from a premium to something a little more loaded. Is it Lyman's last Stern game, or Lyman's last finished game?
    I wouldn't be surprised if the build on the next premium run is early/mid next year and not Nov. If they DO hate building these the easy way to cut down on the numbers is run the clock, release a couple new pins and watch people cancel. Tough to build? Please. Money is money. There was no pro, they're making a killing off these boxes. One for one this has to be the most profitable pin Stern makes. Cassandra isn't an expensive license at all, and she's eager to cash out and retire.

Elvira 40th never sold out! Tons of them still NIB left.

https://pinside.com/pinball/machine/elviras-house-of-horrors-40th-anniversary

#1033 2 years ago
    Quoted from NovaCade:

Their site may be taking deposits, but when I spoke with Melissa all premiums were spoken for. I paid a deposit on a Pro and am on the standby list if a Premium isn’t claimed or wanted.

Oh really?!? Bleh. I just put in a deposit for a JP. If there's anther run in 2023 I don't mind the continue waiting, as won't have room till much later for another game

#1034 2 years ago

Yeah, that some people ooze patience here. Kudos to them; I paid MSRP for a used game, and I am happy with my purchase (I'll stop with this trumpet here).

#1035 2 years ago

I guess we shouldn't really be complaining about the wait for a machine. Reminds me of the joke Reagan made about waiting for a new car in the former Soviet Union!

#1036 2 years ago

The thing that I hate most is the people who are selling NIB on Pinside who says "In Stock" right on the ad and then when you click through you sometimes see the "In stock" refers to taking orders for a future date. I wish it didn't say In Stock- I spend way too much time going through the ads and then going to the website and not seeing them in stock, then emailing them and they tell me it will be available sometime in 2023. It's a let down.

#1037 2 years ago

Who would have guessed a Stern distributor would know better than some here on Pinside?

#1038 2 years ago

Hey all, thanks to those of you with kind words and continued support for Flip N Out Pinball, LLC. To those with strong and/or harsh words regarding our business practices or pricing, Nicole and I apologize for any delays with responding or any mistakes we have made. I assure you, we are doing every possible thing we can to make your enjoyment of the pinball hobby the absolute best it can be. While I can be a bit perfectionistic, I do make mistakes and will continue to make mistakes here and there. We do everything to limit the frequency and magnitude of those mistakes. And looking at the industry and other distribution companies, we are exceedingly happy with our level of support and ethical business practices.

I'm a pinball guy. It's why I'm responding on Pinside. As a hobbyist, some dealers frustrated me in the past, so I worked my ass off to become one. And my goal is to be the best damn pinball distributor there is, anything else means I have not succeeded.

- We continue to offer Free Shipping (w/insurance) on all new Sterns, even when our peers have given up on the practice and even as we see shipping quotes go through the roof.

- We ship fast. That's because I'm impatient and as a hobbyist, I want my games in my gameroom as fast as possible.

- We troubleshoot with customers and we submit for warranty requests, even if it's past the window of warranties. If something is rejected by a manufacturer for replacement, we often pay for the repair and/or the part ourselves. I would like to think a vast amount of customers can and would attest to this. If there is an issue, WE WILL MAKE IT RIGHT. Example, customer last week had his Rush LE damaged in shipment. Instead of waiting a couple of months for Stern to repair, we sent him our own NIB Rush LE and he received it the very next day. We will wait on the repairs.

- We attempt to provide full transparency to our customers or potential customers, even if it costs us a sale. I personally would rather receive truth I don't want to hear than someone blowing smoke up my ass telling me what I want to hear.

- We relay information to our customers and to many non-customers via emails, texts, calls, and the podcast that I produce, giving weekly updates on Manufacturer timelines and changes to production lines.

- We maintain competitive pricing. We sell customers pinball machines for MSRP and often provide free shipping on top. For those manufacturers that we do charge shipping, we often cap the shipping costs to the customers and we pay for the rest ourselves. What many do not understand is that when are receiving 25% or less of the number of products we were expecting this year, then yes, we have to figure out creative ways to fill that void. We have chosen a couple of different avenues, one of which is increasing our preowned sales efforts. So when you see a game listed at Market Price, that's why. I will purchase games on the secondary market for way above MSRP if my market analysis suggests there's still some profit to be made. This isn't easy work and it's risky, but again, we've got to do what we've got to do to run this business. And if that means purchasing a Star Wars Premium Comic Edition for 10k used and hoping to sell it between 10500-11000, then so be it, it's better than not making sales to support our business and ultimately our family.

- We spend countless hours and money supporting the pinball community. Tens of thousands of dollars are spent toward charities, tourney sponsorships, giveaways, etc., much of which isn't aired publicly.

At the end of the day, there are plenty of great dealers you can work with. While we would love to earn and maintain your business at Flip N Out Pinball, we know the reality is that some of you do not want to support our business for whatever reason or maybe you already have a great relationship with your dealer. Absolutely nothing wrong with that, we support your decision and still see you as a pinball friend and fellow hobbyist.

Sorry for the long thesis, but wanted to chime in to express our continued support to you and to the rest of the industry. Please come and chat/BS with us at the next show! We are in Texas in one week woohoo!

Oh...and we do have some exciting additions coming soon at Flip N Out Pinball, such as a revamped website, a new showroom, and a new employee to expedite troubleshooting/tech. and warranty claims.

Zach Meny
    Flip N Out Pinball
    [email protected]

#1039 2 years ago

TL;DR

Still love you tho.

#1040 2 years ago

Well said Zach. I’ll vouch you are one of the best. I think another employee will help answer emails faster and taking orders so buyers don’t buy from the next guy before you get to their email. Always been straight with me even when buying my Elvira 40th you gave me a price and said you may be able to find one cheaper elsewhere. I’ve learned long ago you can’t please everyone but I think you try to and that’s all you can do.

#1041 2 years ago
    Quoted from ZMeny:

Hey all, thanks to those of you with kind words and continued support for Flip N Out Pinball, LLC. To those with strong and/or harsh words regarding our business practices or pricing, Nicole and I apologize for any delays with responding or any mistakes we have made. I assure you, we are doing every possible thing we can to make your enjoyment of the pinball hobby the absolute best it can be. While I can be a bit perfectionistic, I do make mistakes and will continue to make mistakes here and there. We do everything to limit the frequency and magnitude of those mistakes. And looking at the industry and other distribution companies, we are exceedingly happy with our level of support and ethical business practices.
    I'm a pinball guy. It's why I'm responding on Pinside. As a hobbyist, some dealers frustrated me in the past, so I worked my ass off to become one. And my goal is to be the best damn pinball distributor there is, anything else means I have not succeeded.
    - We continue to offer Free Shipping (w/insurance) on all new Sterns, even when our peers have given up on the practice and even as we see shipping quotes go through the roof.
    - We ship fast. That's because I'm impatient and as a hobbyist, I want my games in my gameroom as fast as possible.
    - We troubleshoot with customers and we submit for warranty requests, even if it's past the window of warranties. If something is rejected by a manufacturer for replacement, we often pay for the repair and/or the part ourselves. I would like to think a vast amount of customers can and would attest to this. If there is an issue, WE WILL MAKE IT RIGHT. Example, customer last week had his Rush LE damaged in shipment. Instead of waiting a couple of months for Stern to repair, we sent him our own NIB Rush LE and he received it the very next day. We will wait on the repairs.
    - We attempt to provide full transparency to our customers or potential customers, even if it costs us a sale. I personally would rather receive truth I don't want to hear than someone blowing smoke up my ass telling me what I want to hear.
    - We relay information to our customers and to many non-customers via emails, texts, calls, and the podcast that I produce, giving weekly updates on Manufacturer timelines and changes to production lines.
    - We maintain competitive pricing. We sell customers pinball machines for MSRP and often provide free shipping on top. For those manufacturers that we do charge shipping, we often cap the shipping costs to the customers and we pay for the rest ourselves. What many do not understand is that when are receiving 25% or less of the number of products we were expecting this year, then yes, we have to figure out creative ways to fill that void. We have chosen a couple of different avenues, one of which is increasing our preowned sales efforts. So when you see a game listed at Market Price, that's why. I will purchase games on the secondary market for way above MSRP if my market analysis suggests there's still some profit to be made. This isn't easy work and it's risky, but again, we've got to do what we've got to do to run this business. And if that means purchasing a Star Wars Premium Comic Edition for 10k used and hoping to sell it between 10500-11000, then so be it, it's better than not making sales to support our business and ultimately our family.
    - We spend countless hours and money supporting the pinball community. Tens of thousands of dollars are spent toward charities, tourney sponsorships, giveaways, etc., much of which isn't aired publicly.
    At the end of the day, there are plenty of great dealers you can work with. While we would love to earn and maintain your business at Flip N Out Pinball, we know the reality is that some of you do not want to support our business for whatever reason or maybe you already have a great relationship with your dealer. Absolutely nothing wrong with that, we support your decision and still see you as a pinball friend and fellow hobbyist.
    Sorry for the long thesis, but wanted to chime in to express our continued support to you and to the rest of the industry. Please come and chat/BS with us at the next show! We are in Texas in one week woohoo!
    Oh...and we do have some exciting additions coming soon at Flip N Out Pinball, such as a revamped website, a new showroom, and a new employee to expedite troubleshooting/tech. and warranty claims.
    Zach Meny
    Flip N Out Pinball
    [email protected]

I would like to share one of my experiences with Zach. My friend from college has stage 4 cancer. He is my age (40) and has two small children. I wanted to give his kids something awesome for Christmas to take their mind off all of tough times they are going through. I called Zach as the family lives in Indiana. I ordered up a Star Wars comic art home pin and told him I would pay whatever delivery fee I had to so they could have it by Christmas. They are about 4 hours north of Zach. Zach said I got this. No extra charge. He took time out of his hectic schedule to drive 4 hours each way and setup this machine for the family days before Christmas. I am forever thankful as is the family that got the machine. There are good people in this hobby and Zach is one of them. Here is a pic of Zach making the Christmas present delivery.

375DC9AF-88A1-4D47-A4E5-ACBEB02C2816 (resized).jpeg375DC9AF-88A1-4D47-A4E5-ACBEB02C2816 (resized).jpeg
    #1042 2 years ago
    Quoted from ZMeny:

Zach Meny
    Flip N Out Pinball
    [email protected]

99E4E1BC-79DF-4402-9B9E-DAF059FB3B28 (resized).jpeg99E4E1BC-79DF-4402-9B9E-DAF059FB3B28 (resized).jpeg

#1043 2 years ago

It’s so crazy how Stern is treating distributors who have been loyal customers for years and by proxy impacting their most loyal retail customers. If ZMeny is only getting 25% of the games he orders, that’s insane. Especially if Stern keeps bringing on new distributors. It blows my mind that my distributor has literally no clue which games and how many they’re getting each week until they actually ship.

#1044 2 years ago
    Quoted from Mizzou0103:

Especially if Stern keeps bringing on new distributors.

This has to be a big problem.

#1045 2 years ago
    Quoted from ZMeny:

Zach Meny
    Flip N Out Pinball
    [email protected]

Zach I am sorry that you felt you had to post all of this but I understand why you did. I think the majority of us that have dealt with you already knew what a solid person and a good Distro you are!
    As for the distributors in general and what is happening right now i am happy that they can make some money and move some inventory. Times have not always been this good for them, I remember talking to an unnamed distributor who got stuck on a pile of Xmen LE a few years back. He had cash tied up for a long time and may have lost money on that deal, so it works both ways. Things are good right now but when it flips the other way these distributors go out on a limb trying to guess how many games to order or sometimes from what I understand almost being forced by Stern to take on inventory and then if the title isn’t a good seller they may be stuck with inventory, I imagine it could make for some sleepless nights!

#1046 2 years ago

I continue to support Zach at FlipNOut - he has always taken care of me and tried to help me find games even in these tough times. He is the first on my list for distros that I contact.

Scott

#1047 2 years ago
    Quoted from thekaiser82:

He took time out of his hectic schedule to drive 4 hours each way and setup this machine for the family days before Christmas.

Best story I read all week

#1048 2 years ago
    Quoted from ZMeny:

- We relay information to our customers and to many non-customers
    - We spend countless hours and money supporting the pinball community.

While I do understand being a non-customer doesn't entitle me to ANY information I wasn't going to say anything until I read these items. Actions speak louder than words. I reached out asking if he had any information about the GZ Pro run that was supposed to be shipping soon. I explained I'm not a customer but simply asking to share with you all here. Got an answer that he would be "happy to assist customers". Again from a business standpoint I totally get and respect that, but to come here and say you relay information to non-customers and also that you "support the pinball community" it just didn't sit right with me. Feels like a god at the gates with folded arms saying none shall pass. Simple "No info yet" or "Hey should be shipping within the next few weeks" literally anything would have been super cool. I don't know, just kinda crappy imo

#1049 2 years ago
    Quoted from ZMeny:

- We relay information to our customers and to many non-customers
    - We spend countless hours and money supporting the pinball community.

While I do understand being a non-customer doesn't entitle me to ANY information I wasn't going to say anything until I read these items. Actions speak louder than words. I reached out asking if he had any information about the GZ Pro run that was supposed to be shipping soon. I explained I'm not a customer but simply asking to share with you all here. Got an answer that he would be "happy to assist customers". Again from a business standpoint I totally get and respect that, but to come here and say you relay information to non-customers and also that you "support the pinball community" it just didn't sit right with me. Feels like a god at the gates with folded arms saying none shall pass. Simple "No info yet" or "Hey should be shipping within the next few weeks" literally anything would have been super cool. I don't know, just kinda crappy imo

#1050 2 years ago
    Quoted from PapaBless:

While I do understand being a non-customer doesn't entitle me to ANY information

We are all potential customers! And should be treated as such.

There are 8,159 posts in this topic. You are on page 21 of 164.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/what-is-on-the-line-at-stern-pinball-delays/page/21?hl=jeffswack and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.