I gotta say...one thing that is really irking me about this whole situation is that distros seem to be on a really short fuse right now.
Like...okay, great. I get that you're probably getting a bunch of stupid questions, and it's exhausting to deal with. When I email you asking if you can tell me where I'm at on the list for a *pro*, as I'm considering making a drive to buy one, but will wait a month or two if they're actually coming. You tell me that I've only had a deposit in for a month, and it's a year out (which is what you previously told me the wait for a *premium* was, and that you'd put me on the list for a pro as well, and had approx 20 or so in front of me and it shouldn't be too long)...and blast that out to me almost instantly, but then I tell you I'm asking about the pro, and if that gets ignored (Not saying that's the situation currently, I'll allow them a reasonable amount of time to reply).....that's a real good way to piss me off real fast, talking down to me like I'm an idiot after not actually answering the question...
*EDIT* I did get another response from this one saying effectively "We don't know, we're not going to make a promise we can't guarantee, and we are supposed to have some pros this month but who knows."
Frankly, this is going to be the second time I've been completely brushed off by a distro on GZ pro if I don't get a reasonable answer without the BS. I spent about a week talking to a smaller distro and the guy just couldn't ever get his shit together and tell me when he was expecting to have premiums, strung me along that whole time, then told him fine, put me down for a pro since you're expecting to have them in May.....sent him all my info...he *never* responded back with where to send a deposit to.I have absolutely NO issue saying this particular one (not the one above) was Arcade Game Sales of Maryland. That dude is entirely swamped with his work, or incompetent, or BOTH. Based on the fact he couldn't even tell me after days and days of telling me to call back later in the day and he would know for sure what he had, and that he couldn't be arsed to tell me where to send money to...I'm leaning towards incompetence. I won't even attempt to ever use him again after that interaction.
Frankly, I'm just about at the point where it's almost worth it to me to pay 11.5k for a used Premium just to avoid all this BS. If you don't want to take my ~20k in sales of a Pro *and* a Premium, then just freaking say that up front and stop wasting my time. Spending this much money shouldn't be so damn hard. Is it "worth" an extra 2k to avoid stress, a year wait, and the hassle of trying to turn around a Pro when the premium comes up? Yeah...honestly...it probably is.