Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 8,174 posts
  • 859 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 20 hours ago by bwalter
  • Topic is favorited by 532 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

glasses.gif
    nedry.gif
    snaps.gif
    Screenshot_20240318_201633_Chrome (resized).jpg
    IMG_8074 (resized).jpeg
    download (resized).jpeg
    7136153e-4781-4514-8f75-26077beb0e35-1655665323130 (resized).jpg
    designer-delays (resized).png
    image000000 (resized).jpeg
    IMG_1455.gif
    Skinner (resized).png
    26CDA9FF-5625-4BC0-AECC-1FF8C139FBFB (resized).jpeg
    pasted_image (resized).png
    IMG_5780 (resized).png
    bobbymcgeestub.png
    JT.gif
    There are 8,174 posts in this topic. You are on page 19 of 164.
    #901 2 years ago
    Quoted from Sleal16:

Crazy. Premiums wrapping up and still no word on LE from direct Stern purchase.

There is no direct stern purchase - have to buy through a distro.

#902 2 years ago
    Quoted from WeirPinball:

LEs, there are. Very few, but they do list some on their site, on launch. They are gone in about 20 seconds, but still.

#903 2 years ago
    Quoted from iloveplywood:

Idiotic rant coming, sorry in advance.
    sigh, it's really disappointing how the pinball market has devolved over the last few years. I remember the golden era from a couple years ago where you could get a pro for five hundred or more less than MSRP and then have the luxury of waiting a while and actually getting a used machine cheaper than buying new (imagine that). Frankly, it's the used market that's most depressing (though a direct result of the supply shortage of NIB). Stern and the distributors should make as much money as they can, it's how they put food on the table, but people now think they should make a profit for having to have a pinball machine in their house for six months. This is really creating a complete shit show as now the flippers are part of this lottery process that getting a new pin has become.
    I usually hate the term first world problems, but this is probably the most extreme example of this. Still, I live in the damn first world and I want to have commercial grade pinball in my basement, dammit! This whole process is starting to make me feel dumb to be in the hobby though.
    /endrant
    I sure hope I get in on the EHOH run in December though (deposit down)!

I get the frustration, Godzilla is my first NIB and I’m newish to the hobby. I’m tired of waiting for this thing to come in but at the same time I don’t want to buy anything else in the short term because for all I know it’ll turn into JJP pirates or medieval madness and they’ll cost 20k+ on the used market. I can barely afford it now as is lol. So here I sit ever so impatiently waiting for a mystery date of when my machine gets here. I’ve asked my distro for updates and I get politician answers every time LOL lots of words, lots of promise and positivity but nothing actually gets said concrete. I feel like getting a straight answer is like nailing jelly to the wall for everyone it sounds like not just me.

#904 2 years ago

I used to sell custom belts that took 2-3weeks to ship. I got so tired of all the status emails we said screw it and invested in inventory and everything is in stock. I spend more time answering status emails that took me away from selling and making them quicker .

I couldn’t imagine a year out all the emails they get. Be patient and wait til they get with you. Had distributors not respond to my order email which is important to make them money because a week behind due to all the email backlogs.

#905 2 years ago
    Quoted from WeirPinball:

Quoted from Capn12:

LEs, there are. Very few, but they do list some on their site, on launch. They are gone in about 20 seconds, but still.

Yup. The day or two after reveal they'll drop a handful, or whatever amount, on their site. MSRP but does have taxes added. Cheaper if I can get MSRP with a distro out of state (to not pay taxes), but those already have a healthy client wait-list. I know some new distros popped up with an empty queue, but have to be aware of them as they join the market.

#906 2 years ago
    Quoted from Sleal16:

Crazy. Premiums wrapping up and still no word on LE from direct Stern purchase.

Maybe Stern was waiting for the Idiot Sandwich new protectors to be done so they can ship with the direct-sale LEs.

#907 2 years ago
    Quoted from PinMonk:

Maybe Stern was waiting for the Idiot Sandwich new protectors to be done so they can ship with the direct-sale LEs.

Hmm, thought did cross my mind. Them just having those sitting in the corner pretty much complete

#908 2 years ago
    Quoted from Sleal16:

Hmm, thought did cross my mind. Them just having those sitting in the corner pretty much complete

Well, they had WWE LE machines they couldn't sell and some Pros they were literally giving away as prizes to get rid of sitting in the corner of the warehouse for YEARS, so it's not like it's never happened.

#909 2 years ago
    Quoted from Capn12:

Interesting - never knew they did that.

#910 2 years ago
    Quoted from WeirPinball:

Interesting - never knew they did that.

The main plus side to the Stern insider membership is access to that purchase. Just need to be glued to the computer that day or two

#911 2 years ago
    Quoted from shanksfornothin:

I feel like getting a straight answer is like nailing jelly to the wall for everyone it sounds like not just me.

Thats cause this is all such a moving target and the dealers only get a best guess estimates from Stern.

#912 2 years ago
    Quoted from CashMoney:

Well hopefully this is not the case lol. I paid in full on the day the teaser dropped.

Another reason to look elsewhere on your next purchase…shouldn’t have to pay in full till it ships

#913 2 years ago
    Quoted from mbl1116:

Another reason to look elsewhere on your next purchase…shouldn’t have to pay in full till it ships

Damn I pay a $250 refundable deposit and pay the balance the day the game comes

#914 2 years ago
    Quoted from Capn12:

Had anyone with a stern direct Rush LE heard anything? I’ve had radio silence on mine

#915 2 years ago

This topic should be a sticky as it is a never ending question. Something like current production status/delays.

#916 2 years ago
    Quoted from PDXFlipper:

This topic should be a sticky as it is a never ending question. Something like current production status/delays.

Agreed. I'm surprised there isn't more activity here, but I suppose everyone is in the dark so only so much that can be said. I'm out of patience waiting for my day 1 Godzilla Premium preorder. I keep checking back here for any shred of possible good news. lol

#917 2 years ago

I don't expect much to happen this first quarter - China is shutting down manufacturing again to battle omicron.

#918 2 years ago
    Quoted from WeirPinball:

I don't expect much to happen this first quarter - China is shutting down manufacturing again to battle omicron.

Super valid point - however, most of the stock they'd need for March/April is probably already complete and on its way (shipping delays aside!). What a weird couple of years

#919 2 years ago
    Quoted from WeirPinball:

I know somebody that got an LE. They are out

#920 2 years ago
    Quoted from Obed_Marsh:

Agreed. I'm surprised there isn't more activity here, but I suppose everyone is in the dark so only so much that can be said. I'm out of patience waiting for my day 1 Godzilla Premium preorder. I keep checking back here for any shred of possible good news. lol

Same here, talked to my vendor over the weekend and he gave me hope

#921 2 years ago
    DF16C323-327E-4C73-B133-99F8033063AE (resized).pngDF16C323-327E-4C73-B133-99F8033063AE (resized).png
    #922 2 years ago

Just got off the phone I'm one away from GZ premium in July. If I don't make the cut I'm going to bail and look for a afmr. Other dist. said I should see my JP premium this year.

#923 2 years ago

Wish they opened up another line instead of people canceling orders. That’s what I would do but sure it’s costly and have to have the staff.

#924 2 years ago
    Quoted from beltking:

Wish they opened up another line instead of people canceling orders. That’s what I would do but sure it’s costly and have to have the staff.

And the parts!

#925 2 years ago

Yup, no point in opening up another line if you do not have the parts to make the machines... You'd just be paying people $15/hr to stand around at that point.

#926 2 years ago
    Quoted from beltking:

Nobody wants Stern to sell more machines and make more money on them than Stern does.. If there was a cost effective avenue for them to do so and they had the parts/staffing available to make it possible, they'd be all over it.

#927 2 years ago

I think most people understand the logistical part of it. It's the transparency part that is frustrating. GZ had deposits being taken for delivery in August even though they added a run my distributor still doesn't have enough for my order. He said he only had knowledge of what was being built to July.
    So if I don't get it this year and the price goes up next year I have to pony up the rest. If the news flash gave us a little more info on production instead of just being a marketing flyer I think people would be more empathetic.

#928 2 years ago
    Quoted from ray-dude:

Had anyone with a stern direct Rush LE heard anything? I’ve had radio silence on mine

Might be because Stern didn't complete all the LEs due to parts running out for Rush LE. Would make some sense...

Also, Mandalorian is on the line right now. No idea why. Some dists have had it in-stock to buy anytime. We need more?

#929 2 years ago

We need GZ of all flavors. Up the limit from 1000 to 20k. And get all the pros out. Never stop making them. There will always be a demand for them.

#930 2 years ago
    Quoted from Obed_Marsh:

Same dude…I think at this point we could make a support group for Godzilla premium Pre-orders just looking for a shred of hope anywhere, and to echo many others yes stern please give us and the distro SOME news, any news, some vague words would probably be enough for some. I try to remember those poor Deadpool owners waiting over a year to feel better. Then my brain turns it around and I fear I’m next To share their fate LOL #firstworldproblems

#931 2 years ago
    Quoted from PinMonk:

Might be because Stern didn't complete all the LEs due to parts running out for Rush LE. Would make some sense...

Did they sort out the scoop issues? maybe that's why there is a hold up on Rush LE

#932 2 years ago
    Quoted from ZoraShinoda:

Did they sort out the scoop issues? maybe that's why there is a hold up on Rush LE

I don't know what the "parts" were that were the problem, but I doubt it was scoop-related. They were fine with sending out regular and idiot sandwich scoops on the LE and later Premiums.

#933 2 years ago

Same dude…I think at this point we could make a support group for Godzilla premium Pre-orders just looking for a shred of hope anywhere, and to echo many others yes stern please give us and the distro SOME news, any news, some vague words would probably be enough for some. I try to remember those poor Deadpool owners waiting over a year to feel better. Then my brain turns it around and I fear I’m next To share their fate LOL #firstworldproblems

Godzilla Pro and Prem are after the Mandalorians on the line now.

#934 2 years ago
    Quoted from PinMonk:

Isn’t AIQ on next?

#935 2 years ago
    Quoted from WillieMaysHayes:

Isn’t AIQ on next?

Apparently not?

#936 2 years ago
    Quoted from PinMonk:

Umm...is this verified? I was told March delivery for GZ Pro. If this is the case I'll bet GZ wont start getting pushed out for a few months at the earliest. I am curious about the choice to do another Mandalorian run while it seems there is a MUCH larger demand for GZ. Stern really needs to do better. A post, tweet, video, comment in here, literally anything to give to the community that is willing and wanting to drop thousands on one of their machines. Maybe I'm just bitter from all this waiting. Stern really hitting us with the "hurry up and wait" I suppose

#937 2 years ago
    Quoted from PapaBless:

Umm...is this verified? I was told March delivery for GZ Pro. If this is the case I'll bet GZ wont start getting pushed out for a few months at the earliest. I am curious about the choice to do another Mandalorian run while it seems there is a MUCH larger demand for GZ. Stern really needs to do better. A post, tweet, video, comment in here, literally anything to give to the community that is willing and wanting to drop thousands on one of their machines. Maybe I'm just bitter from all this waiting. Stern really hitting us with the "hurry up and wait" I suppose

Do we really even know if ANY of this information is accurate? there are 2 lines, right? Mando has to be on the smaller one.

#938 2 years ago

Does anyone actually want Mando? Or is it a build it before the license ends thing happening?

#939 2 years ago
    Quoted from unclerudy:

Does anyone actually want Mando? Or is it a build it before the license ends thing happening?

My guess is that, and they’re banking on it getting more attraction when the topper comes out soon that is supposed to be better than black knight, code name “black knight killer” per TPN. Im sure the Star Wars License is a pain to have/work around. We all know the firm grip Disney holds on its assets

#940 2 years ago
    Quoted from PapaBless:

If Stern's running at full speed, they can do ~500/wk, so the Mandalorians will be done probably this week if they aren't already (no idea how many they're doing). That would leave time to run GZ Pro and Prems in March, maybe spilling into the beginning of April.

#941 2 years ago

My guess is that, and they’re banking on it getting more attraction when the topper comes out soon that is supposed to be better than black knight, code name “black knight killer” per TPN. Im sure the Star Wars License is a pain to have/work around. We all know the firm grip Disney holds on its assets

I think they had a stockpile of parts so it made sense to use them up before the license expires

#942 2 years ago
    Quoted from PinMonk:

If Stern's running at full speed, they can do ~500/wk, so the Mandalorians will be done probably this week if they aren't already (no idea how many they're doing). That would leave time to run GZ Pro and Prems in March, maybe spilling into the beginning of April.

Can't remember where I heard or read it, but last I heard, Stern is sticking to schedule.

Mando finishing out from the run they started when Rush was off the line. Not sure if that's finished.

Thought Godzilla was starting this week and next, and was bumped in front of AIQ because they were behind on the schedule.

Heard AIQ is scheduled to start on March 28, which matches my dealer saying mine should be out first week or two of April.

If Stern isn't releasing a surprise Kapow in the schedule gaps of May and June, we should get more updates for what's going on the line. Would love a month long May run of Godzilla so we could all get our pins, but that might be wishful thinking.

Last TPN podcast, TPS Ep 94 said that it's rumored Stern has 10k machines on backorder. If they make 500 machines a week, that's 20 weeks. So that would put Stern at the end of July to catch up with the backlog, just in time for the new cornerstone in August.

#943 2 years ago
    Quoted from JackG:

Can't remember where I heard or read it, but last I heard, Stern is sticking to schedule.
    Mando finishing out from the run they started when Rush was off the line. Not sure if that's finished.
    Thought Godzilla was starting this week and next, and was bumped in front of AIQ because they were behind on the schedule.
    Heard AIQ is scheduled to start on March 28, which matches my dealer saying mine should be out first week or two of April.
    If Stern isn't releasing a surprise Kapow in the schedule gaps of May and June, we should get more updates for what's going on the line. Would love a month long May run of Godzilla so we could all get our pins, but that might be wishful thinking.
    Last TPN podcast, TPS Ep 94 said that it's rumored Stern has 10k machines on backorder. If they make 500 machines a week, that's 20 weeks. So that would put Stern at the end of July to catch up with the backlog, just in time for the new cornerstone in August.

Also, wouldn't it be neato if they actually had a couple thousand of a new pin ready to ship at annoucement?

#944 2 years ago
    Quoted from JackG:

If they make 500 machines a week, that's 20 weeks. So that would put Stern at the end of July to catch up with the backlog, just in time for the new cornerstone in August.

This kind of math makes me very excited (hopeful?). All hands on deck to clear out the backlog! My only question is whether or not they can sustain production of 500/week with parts and labor shortages.

#945 2 years ago
    Quoted from Pugster:

This kind of math makes me very excited (hopeful?). All hands on deck to clear out the backlog! My only question is whether or not they can sustain production of 500/week with parts and labor shortages.

It's the rumored backlog, so could be more or less. That doesn't take into account any backlog on orders for these runs:
    Aug 2022 - Star Wars Pro & Premium (original art package)
    Sep 2022 - Star Wars the pin (original & comic art)
    Oct 2022 - JP the pin
    Nov 2022 - Elvira Premium
    Dec 2022 - TMNT Pro & Premium

Take those out of the equation, and you probably have 2k less, so 8k between now and the next release.

I'm really hoping that a lot of the backlog on Godzilla and Rush orders are based on people that have refundable deposits at multiple distributors, and bail on their second or third orders instead of trying to flip for profit. Would love if everyone could get their backordered pins before prices are increased again.

Only Stern knows what they are capable of, so we'll have to wait and see. It's great they cancelled the 2nd cornerstone this year to catch up on backlog. I'd hate to see another pin come out this May and delay all pin backorders even further.

#946 2 years ago
    Quoted from JackG:

It's the rumored backlog, so could be more or less. That doesn't take into account any backlog on orders for these runs:
    Oct 2022 - JP the pin
    Take those out of the equation, and you probably have 2k less, so 8k between now and the next release.
    I'm really hoping that a lot of the backlog on Godzilla and Rush orders are based on people that have refundable deposits at multiple distributors, and bail on their second or third orders instead of trying to flip for profit. Would love if everyone could get their backordered pins before prices are increased again.
    Only Stern knows what they are capable of, so we'll have to wait and see. It's great they cancelled the 2nd cornerstone this year to catch up on backlog. I'd hate to see another pin come out this May and delay all pin backorders even further.

No kidding. I got on GZ late, and I'd go for a prem if it was available, but my distro's Premium dance card was full by the time I pulled the trigger. So I'm cool with the Pro. It would be NICE to actually get a game though. Even Pros are being flipped at stupid prices

#947 2 years ago
    Quoted from JackG:

Oct 2022 - JP the pin

Mentioned it before so apologize if I’m repeating myself but my distro is also saying Sept or Oct for an additional GZ run. I put money down in January on a premium with a “late fall” ETA. This was all pre-Stern announcement so things could change…hoping it means more allocations coming from the July run!

I’ll make sure to update here I get any further info from him.

#948 2 years ago

Anyone heard news if an IM pro or prem run is in the cards before end of year. I’d buy either one NiB if I could find one. I don’t see IMs scheduled again before July. Any intel?

#949 2 years ago
    Quoted from dpkzone:

Anyone heard news if an IM pro or prem run is in the cards before end of year. I’d buy either one NiB if I could find one. I don’t see IMs scheduled again before July. Any intel?

I heard that game was done, along with stranger things and guardians.

#950 2 years ago

Do "The Pin" versions actually sell that well? Seems like a whole lot of production time for something that doesn't sell.

There are 8,174 posts in this topic. You are on page 19 of 164.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/what-is-on-the-line-at-stern-pinball-delays/page/19?hl=zaki and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.