Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 8,090 posts
  • 853 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 2 days ago by matt68061
  • Topic is favorited by 531 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

snaps.gif
    Screenshot_20240318_201633_Chrome (resized).jpg
    IMG_8074 (resized).jpeg
    download (resized).jpeg
    7136153e-4781-4514-8f75-26077beb0e35-1655665323130 (resized).jpg
    designer-delays (resized).png
    image000000 (resized).jpeg
    IMG_1455.gif
    Skinner (resized).png
    26CDA9FF-5625-4BC0-AECC-1FF8C139FBFB (resized).jpeg
    pasted_image (resized).png
    IMG_5780 (resized).png
    bobbymcgeestub.png
    JT.gif
    IMG_5830 (resized).jpg
    hmm-futurama.gif

There are 8,090 posts in this topic. You are on page 18 of 162.
    #851 2 years ago
    Quoted from unlockpinball:

Was there a "last call" for Sword of Rage?

Yes. I remember it. A year ago, if not less.

#852 2 years ago

Pretty sure that Rush Premiums are done and out shipping now from Stern's instagram video. Which hopefully means Mando's getting finished and then back to Godzilla. Below is the latest from what's been discussed here or updates from distributors. If anyone hears anything different, let us know so this list could be updated.

Mar 2022 - Mando Pro & Premium
    Mar 2022 - Godzilla Pro & Premium
    Mar 2022 - AIQ Pro & Premium
    Apr 2022 - Rush Pro & Premium
    Apr 2022 - JP Pro & Premium
    May 2022 - Godzilla Pro & Premium
    July 2022 - Deadpool Pro & Premium
    July 2022 - Godzilla Pro & Premium
    Aug 2022 - Star Wars Pro & Premium (original art package)
    Aug 2022 - NEW STERN CORNERSTONE
    Sep 2022 - Star Wars the pin (original & comic art)
    Oct 2022 - JP the pin
    Nov 2022 - Elvira Premium
    Dec 2022 - TMNT Pro & Premium

#853 2 years ago
    Quoted from JackG:

Pretty sure that Rush Premiums are done and out shipping now from Stern's instagram video. Which hopefully means Mando's getting finished and then back to Godzilla. Below is the latest from what's been discussed here or updates from distributors. If anyone hears anything different, let us know so this list could be updated.
    Oct 2022 - JP the pin

Mentioned prior, my distributor has confirmed the GZ runs above and also says another run in either September or October. Haven’t seen any confirmation of that elsewhere yet…

#854 2 years ago
    Quoted from WeirPinball:

That is bad news on GZ - I have a pro and 3 premiums on order. Who knows how much they will cost by the time we get them.

Fuck man, leave some for those of us who want to play and not just resell...

#855 2 years ago
    Quoted from TommyMc:

Chiming in also on GZ premium. I ordered last Sept and this is what I was told.
    Tough to say when. Our first run allotment is full and likely full or close to full on second run in early 2022
    So when I saw the schedule with the March and then May runs I was hoping I would be on the May run. Thinking that is the 3rd run but I got this today.
    Right now you are looking at fall/winter run, slim chance for July run, but still a chance.
    My guess is the dealers are getting fewer than expected allotments.

I ordered my GZ prem in Dec 21. I was told August at the time. I just checked in with my distributor and was told I might get it sooner than August, but I'm not counting on it. If I get it next year that's fine I guess. ... as long as the Avengers IQ I placed still gets delivered in the next couple months, otherwise I'll be much more anxious

Quoted from JackG:

Oct 2022 - JP the pin

If a new cornerstone production starts in August, when would that mean they'd typically announce and start taking orders? If it's Venom comic art I may not be able to resist...

#856 2 years ago
    Quoted from Mileesa:

If a new cornerstone production starts in August, when would that mean they'd typically announce and start taking orders? If it's Venom comic art I may not be able to resist...

Stern announcement-to-production is very short. They are usually building machines (Pros for operator locations) at the time of announcement and at least a small number of them are ready to ship shortly after announcement.

But most importantly...if Venom comic art is what you want, call a distributor and get on a list now. They won't require a deposit and you can make sure you're on the list.

#857 2 years ago

I guess we all have opinions...Halloween to me is a disaster in terms of design. I struggle to think of a recent pinball machine with a poorer design. The theme and artwork are killer (pun intended).

Quoted from mpdpvdpin:

“Design is not a strength of Spooky”
    Care to elaborate? I love the design of each of the Spooky pins I listed earlier. HWN by far being the winner…followed ACNC RAM and TNA. They don’t feel or play like Sterns and are more difficult in some ways. But that’s what I love about them. They all shoot great…if you’re shooting great.

#858 2 years ago
    Quoted from WeirPinball:

TNA was the only one worth buying to me and we all know who designed that one.

I dislike commenting on this in Stern pinball production thread so please forgive me everyone, but Scott Danesi did playfield design on both TNA and R&M. The reason I purchased R&M sight unseen was that I was a fan of TNA and I trusted Danesi with the design of R&M. In full disclosure, I did tweak the playfield layout of R&M in terms of ball guides (like many did), but the fundamental playfield design of R&M was unique and solid IMO, and I enjoy it to this day (maybe I even love it). I look forward to see what Danesi does next in terms of game design.

#859 2 years ago
    Quoted from Mileesa:

I ordered my GZ prem in Dec 21. I was told August at the time. I just checked in with my distributor and was told I might get it sooner than August, but I'm not counting on it. If I get it next year that's fine I guess. ... as long as the Avengers IQ I placed still gets delivered in the next couple months, otherwise I'll be much more anxious

I’ve got the same two on order and hoping aiq comes on time as well! Godzilla is gonna be a long wait! By the way…
    Aiq came in @ 8,525 shipping included to oahu.

#860 2 years ago

Was there a last call on IMDN? Would love to see more Pro and Premium!

#861 2 years ago

Does someone know how Stern operates its production in terms of assembling machines, i.e. on the factory floor are two or three different machines assembled at the same time on different production lines. Or is there just a single production line assembling one title?

#862 2 years ago
    Quoted from gandamack:

Does someone know how Stern operates its production in terms of assembling machines, i.e. on the factory floor are two or three different machines assembled at the same time on different production lines. Or is there just a single production line assembling one title?

One big line, one smaller line

#863 2 years ago

What about it constitutes a design “disaster”? It shoots great. You’re of course entitled to your opinion but opinions without supportive reasoning is just…hot air.

Quoted from freakandgeek:

I guess we all have opinions...Halloween to me is a disaster in terms of design. I struggle to think of a recent pinball machine with a poorer design. The theme and artwork are killer (pun intended).

#864 2 years ago

Cointaker is still tracking JP prem for April

#865 2 years ago
    Quoted from JackG:

Oct 2022 - JP the pin

Thanks for maintaining this list lately! Very helpful and appreciated.

#866 2 years ago
    Quoted from metallik:

Fuck man, leave some for those of us who want to play and not just resell...

So I tell the people that asked me to find a machine to f off?

#867 2 years ago

I ordered a JP premium in August 2021 (first NIB) and a GZ premium in January 2022 (second NIB ).

Hoping the JP premium run in April stays on course but understand the moving targets. My distributor isn't overly communicative. My question is: aside from the moving target issue: Would the distributor be able to tell someone whether their order (i.e., the JP Premium ordered from distributor in August of last year) will be filled as part of the next run. Or, would the distributor not have access to that info from Stern?

Thanks!

#868 2 years ago
    Quoted from ChipDE:

I ordered a JP premium in August 2021 (first NIB) and a GZ premium in January 2022 (second NIB ).
    Hoping the JP premium run in April stays on course but understand the moving targets. My distributor isn't overly communicative. My question is: aside from the moving target issue: Would the distributor be able to tell someone whether their order (i.e., the JP Premium ordered from distributor in August of last year) will be filled as part of the next run. Or, would the distributor not have access to that info from Stern?
    Thanks!

The dealer knows how many people are in front of you for a JP and they know how many games that Stern told them they were going to get “allocated”. The wildcard is if Stern will deliver all the units they allocated to the dealer or if the dealer will get fewer than their allocation. I would ask the dealer when he expects you will get the game based on the allocations Stern gave them, with the understanding that may change. The dealer can’t control that.

#869 2 years ago
    Quoted from tkur85:

Cointaker is still tracking JP prem for April

Did you hear directly from them? When did you place your preorder with them?

#870 2 years ago

I am waiting on my restraining order for how long I have been stalking this thread looking for a glimmer of light for my GZ Pro. I hear alot about premium but seeing that these pro's are supposed to be shipping this month and no shipping confirmations yet, I'm scared. Dist told me "waiting to hear from stern" *deep sigh* story of my life

#871 2 years ago
    Quoted from PapaBless:

I am waiting on my restraining order for how long I have been stalking this thread looking for a glimmer of light for my GZ Pro. I hear alot about premium but seeing that these pro's are supposed to be shipping this month and no shipping confirmations yet, I'm scared. Dist told me "waiting to hear from stern" *deep sigh* story of my life

Yup… the GZ pros and premiums are both supposed to ship this month. I haven’t heard anything which usually means more delays.

#872 2 years ago
    Quoted from CashMoney:

GZ pros and premiums are both supposed to ship this month.

Interesting, I thought I read that the premiums were for sure pushed back, could be wrong but I thought I read that. I have yet to hear anything really about the Pro other than should be "March". Thanks for the info though, we're all in this together!

#873 2 years ago
    Quoted from CashMoney:

Yup… the GZ pros and premiums are both supposed to ship this month. I haven’t heard anything which usually means more delays.

I think the situation would bother me less if there was a bit more transparency.

Even if it boiled down to "we have no real eta, but we're held up by x" or Stern even giving a rough production schedule albeit with estimates and unknowns. The over the top secrecy is pretty obnoxious.

I'm closing in on half a year waiting on a day 1 godzilla premium order and I know some people have been waiting way longer than that for other Stern games like Elvira.

I even considered canceling my Godzilla order and swapping to an Elvira order, but no guarantee have a chance with that with what sounds like a lot of backlogged orders, and a vague "late 2022". They might make a few games, probably not enough to fulfill existing orders even.

#874 2 years ago
    Quoted from Fsdre:

Did you hear directly from them? When did you place your preorder with them?

Direct call. Melissa made it sound like i was safe based on their allotment.

#875 2 years ago

Well Flip n’ Out pre-sold a couple of Pros going to the show this weekend. So either they are old (unlikely) or there have been some Pros trickling out. Plus someone on FB posted a NIB Pro arrival. A few days ago. So they should be coming. Like you I’m waiting as patiently as I can be. That patience is exercised by ordering mods. The pile is quite large for a machine I don’t own…

#876 2 years ago
    Quoted from jid:

Well Flip n’ Out pre-sold a couple of Pros going to the show this weekend. So either they are old (unlikely) or there have been some Pros trickling out. Plus someone on FB posted a NIB Pro arrival. A few days ago. So they should be coming. Like you I’m waiting as patiently as I can be. That patience is exercised by ordering mods. The pile is quite large for a machine I don’t own…

I believe those games are direct ship from stern for the show at special prices, so agree probably a new run

#877 2 years ago
    Quoted from Billygrippo:I’ve got the same two on order and hoping aiq comes on time as well! Godzilla is gonna be a long wait! By the way…
    Aiq came in @ 8,525 shipping included to oahu.

Aiq premium? What’s oahu?

#878 2 years ago
    Quoted from Happy81724:

An island in Hawaii

#879 2 years ago
    Quoted from PDXFlipper:

An island in Hawaii

Ah,I don’t know why but I thought he was using it as an acronym for something.

#880 2 years ago
    Quoted from Happy81724:

Prob 2-3 weeks out. I have one coming.

#881 2 years ago
    Quoted from Happy81724:

Yeah, premium.

#882 2 years ago

That’s a hell of a price. Who did you buy it through?

#883 2 years ago
    Quoted from Happy81724:

That’s a hell of a price. Who did you buy it through?

I bet I know who...

#884 2 years ago

I just wish when they did the stern of union each month they would tell us what was going on the line that month!

#885 2 years ago

I won’t bet against you

#886 2 years ago
    Quoted from Billygrippo:

I won’t bet against you

I guess it’s a secret? Must have a friends deal. Congrats! Hard to find anything under msrp shipped besides CoinTaker

#887 2 years ago

We playin your GZ…. Mines not coming here till late fall, if that!

#888 2 years ago

Well, haven’t heard back from my distributor, wonder what’s going on. Starting to consider looking at another game I can trade later on for a GZ.

#889 2 years ago
    Quoted from Rdoyle1978:

Well, haven’t heard back from my distributor, wonder what’s going on. Starting to consider looking at another game I can trade later on for a GZ.

My distributor went silent as well… Nick from buffalo pinball said GZ premiums have been pushed out to the end of 2022 or early 2023. Insane.

#890 2 years ago
    Quoted from CashMoney:

My distributor went silent as well… Nick from buffalo pinball said GZ premiums have been pushed out to the end of 2022 or early 2023. Insane.

mine said GZ should be going on the line the next week or two.

#891 2 years ago

I’ve reached out to some other distros and been ghosted. I’m sure they are tired of people asking at this point. If I’m lucky I guess I’ll get one at the end of the year

#892 2 years ago
    Quoted from CashMoney:

Cant imagine that stern communication is that great - they are probably shooting in the dark most of the time like us...

#893 2 years ago
    Quoted from JP76:

mine said GZ should be going on the line the next week or two.

Mine said the same thing, was not familiar with any delay on Godzilla

#894 2 years ago
    Quoted from CashMoney:My distributor went silent as well… Nick from buffalo pinball said GZ premiums have been pushed out to the end of 2022 or early 2023. Insane.

Mine echoed that there have been no reported changes in the timeline. My guess would be that your distributor oversold his allotment and you were unfortunately never really in the earlier run

#895 2 years ago
    Quoted from mbl1116:

Mine echoed that there have been no reported changes in the timeline. My guess would be that your distributor oversold his allotment and you were unfortunately never really in the earlier run

This is the likely scenario unfortunately

#896 2 years ago

Idiotic rant coming, sorry in advance.

sigh, it's really disappointing how the pinball market has devolved over the last few years. I remember the golden era from a couple years ago where you could get a pro for five hundred or more less than MSRP and then have the luxury of waiting a while and actually getting a used machine cheaper than buying new (imagine that). Frankly, it's the used market that's most depressing (though a direct result of the supply shortage of NIB). Stern and the distributors should make as much money as they can, it's how they put food on the table, but people now think they should make a profit for having to have a pinball machine in their house for six months. This is really creating a complete shit show as now the flippers are part of this lottery process that getting a new pin has become.

I usually hate the term first world problems, but this is probably the most extreme example of this. Still, I live in the damn first world and I want to have commercial grade pinball in my basement, dammit! This whole process is starting to make me feel dumb to be in the hobby though.

/endrant

I sure hope I get in on the EHOH run in December though (deposit down)!

#897 2 years ago
    Quoted from mbl1116:

Well hopefully this is not the case lol. I paid in full on the day the teaser dropped.

#898 2 years ago
    Quoted from JackG:

Pretty sure that Rush Premiums are done and out shipping

Got mine today.

#899 2 years ago

I still don't have notification, maybe didn't make this run

#900 2 years ago

Crazy. Premiums wrapping up and still no word on LE from direct Stern purchase.

There are 8,090 posts in this topic. You are on page 18 of 162.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/what-is-on-the-line-at-stern-pinball-delays/page/18 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.