Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 8,174 posts
  • 859 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 10 hours ago by bwalter
  • Topic is favorited by 532 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

glasses.gif
    nedry.gif
    snaps.gif
    Screenshot_20240318_201633_Chrome (resized).jpg
    IMG_8074 (resized).jpeg
    download (resized).jpeg
    7136153e-4781-4514-8f75-26077beb0e35-1655665323130 (resized).jpg
    designer-delays (resized).png
    image000000 (resized).jpeg
    IMG_1455.gif
    Skinner (resized).png
    26CDA9FF-5625-4BC0-AECC-1FF8C139FBFB (resized).jpeg
    pasted_image (resized).png
    IMG_5780 (resized).png
    bobbymcgeestub.png
    JT.gif
    There are 8,174 posts in this topic. You are on page 17 of 164.
    #801 2 years ago
    Quoted from Mattyk:

My distributor confirmed that GZ pro will be coming in March. I did not ask about premium
    DP premium scheduled for July/August. He’s not sure how many he will get so he has stopped taking pre orders and I got the sense that he wasn’t sure if all pre orders he took will get fulfilled. Stern has been shipping him less games than expected the last few times.

More and more, glad I canceled my pre-order and bought a used unit. This kind of stuff makes me lose my dog-gone mind (if it was initial runs, no biggie, but being in the third year, I'd be surprised if this wasn't the final year for JP production - PURE SPECULATION on my part).

#802 2 years ago
    Quoted from radium:

Talked to my dist last night, he said I won't make it in the April run because I'm too far down the list, but from what he has heard from Stern is "they may have some 4th quarter or will push to next year". I put my deposit down 1/4/22.

I think we have the same dist. I pretty much got the same word for word response. I put my deposit down Sep'21, btw.

#803 2 years ago

My distributor said the exact same thing. And I ordered 11/21

#804 2 years ago

My dist said mando prem next then pro. Avengers was going to be the 28th but prob be pushed a week into April. Rush prem are done

#805 2 years ago

So then all Prem done and being shipped?

Assuming with the same scoop “fix” as the LEs. Hm

Quoted from beltking:

My dist said mando prem next then pro. Avengers was going to be the 28th but prob be pushed a week into April. Rush prem are done

#806 2 years ago
    Quoted from Apollo18:

So then all Prem done and being shipped?
    Assuming with the same scoop “fix” as the LEs. Hm

Not many premium shipment notices yet, so maybe not

#807 2 years ago
    Quoted from beltking:

Where does that put Godzilla?

#808 2 years ago
    Quoted from beltking:

You can still find NIB Mandos in stock without looking very hard…if any game should be pushed back it’s that one

#809 2 years ago

That’s what I said why so many mandos. Guess still have orders for them she said since they pushed back the dec run. That’s what I was told. No clue on Godzilla

#810 2 years ago
    Quoted from mbl1116:

You can still find NIB Mandos in stock without looking very hard…if any game should be pushed back it’s that one

This is the way

#811 2 years ago
    Quoted from beltking:

That’s what I said why so many mandos. Guess still have orders for them she said since they pushed back the dec run. That’s what I was told. No clue on Godzilla

They pushed Deadpool and Elvira much further than Mando.

#812 2 years ago
    Quoted from mbl1116:

Yep, I'd still be waiting on my May order if I hadn't cancelled with my local distro and bought one of the in stock ones last month.

#813 2 years ago

With ST season 4 about to come out in a few months, and it being renewed for a Season 5 (2023?)..... interest will be rekindled in a big way.
    Shouldn't there be another run or two on this one?

Every pin I like the most, are the one's Stern doesn't like building!! (Elvira & ST) HA!!

#814 2 years ago
    Quoted from WeirPinball:

My Rush premium shipped yesterday

#815 2 years ago

Stern used to do a "last call". Was a last call announced for Stranger Things Premium?

#816 2 years ago
    Quoted from PinStalker:

With ST season 4 about to come out in a few months, and it being renewed for a Season 5 (2023?)..... interest will be rekindled in a big way.
    Every pin I like the most, are the one's Stern doesn't like building!! (Elvira & ST) HA!!

There's a new 4th season of Star Trek?!

#817 2 years ago
    Quoted from CashMoney:

There's a new 4th season of Star Trek?!

Stranger Things = ST

I guess that's true too, ST = Star Trek. HA!!

Oh for a new classic Next Generation Pin and not all this remake/reboot stuff.

#818 2 years ago

Just curious..... regardless of what's on the line for the machines..... how does accessory manufacturing work with Stern?
    They just pop out without rhyme or reason? Or just the initial run and that's it? Does demand drive it?
    I'm new, so just trying to understand.

#819 2 years ago
    Quoted from PinStalker:

Just curious..... regardless of what's on the line for the machines..... how does accessory manufacturing work with Stern?
    They just pop out without rhyme or reason? Or just the initial run and that's it? Does demand drive it?
    I'm new, so just trying to understand.

As I understand it, there is a separate production line for accessories, but it has been hit by parts shortages just like everything else. They definitely do more than one run of some/most things where demand justifies it but it also seems that they are not making enough of some items to fully satisfy demand, which could be due to shortages and/or a desire to create exclusivity, especially as it relates to toppers.

#820 2 years ago
    Quoted from PinStalker:

Stranger Things = ST

I believe

ST is Star Trek
    STH is Stranger Things

#821 2 years ago
    Quoted from PinStalker:

Stranger Things = ST

I'd love a TNG table, but a Star Trek: Discovery table would be amazing! Even Lower Decks could be a hilarious theme.

#822 2 years ago
    Quoted from aaron6920:

I believe
    ST is Star Trek
    STH is Stranger Things

There needs to be a pinned post somewhere on the forum that lists all the abbreviations for all the games.

Most of the time I figured them out but there's times I read a post and I have no idea what game the person is talking about

#823 2 years ago
    Quoted from ZoraShinoda:

There needs to be a pinned post somewhere on the forum that lists all the abbreviations for all the games.
    Most of the time I figured them out but there's times I read a post and I have no idea what game the person is talking about

Agree 100% it does have a learning curve

#824 2 years ago
    Quoted from PinStalker:

I tried to get a Stranger Things last November. Every distributor I talked to said Stern was not making any more, Pro or Premium. I don't think Stern has officially said that though.

#825 2 years ago
    Quoted from WeirPinball:

My premium will be here tomorrow

#826 2 years ago

Stranger Things is STH and I believe Stern stopped running pros, premiums and UV kits awhile back. From what I’ve heard they will not hit the line again. Stern is currently prioritizing Mando Godzilla and Deadpool premiums on the second line I believe

Quoted from PinStalker:

#827 2 years ago

So I thought I was a March slot for a Godzilla premium. I reached out to my distributor today and he said looks like another 6-8 weeks. I ordered in early November. Not sure if that means Godzilla was pushed back or if I am not March. Sucks either way.

#828 2 years ago
    Quoted from RabanzZ28:

So I thought I was a March slot for a Godzilla premium. I reached out to my distributor today and he said looks like another 6-8 weeks. I ordered in early November. Not sure if that means Godzilla was pushed back or if I am not March. Sucks either way.

That’s interesting, I ordered early December. I was originally told august possibly/doubtfully March but that was before the extra production runs. I’m hoping for the may run now fingers crossed. I’m interested to see what other dist. Have told other Godzilla buyers because mine has been silent. (This is my first NIB purchase)

#829 2 years ago
    Quoted from shanksfornothin:

That’s interesting, I ordered early December. I was originally told august possibly/doubtfully March but that was before the extra production runs. I’m hoping for the may run now fingers crossed. I’m interested to see what other dist. Have told other Godzilla buyers because mine has been silent. (This is my first NIB purchase)

I ordered on day 1 and was told that I was the last one in the initial Premium run and should get it in October. October rolled around and no word from the distro. Reach out a few times and was initially told "Any day now" and then when October passed and no word. Contacted again and heard that their allocation was short by just 1, mine.

Most recently heard that he can't even guarantee me for March. Starting to get a bit frustrated

#830 2 years ago

It's kind of interesting how many people on here just happen to be the "last one" in the allotments from their distributors on these lists that no one ever gets to see.

#831 2 years ago
    Quoted from Obed_Marsh:

I ordered on day 1 and was told that I was the last one in the initial Premium run and should get it in October. October rolled around and no word from the distro. Reach out a few times and was initially told "Any day now" and then when October passed and no word. Contacted again and heard that their allocation was short by just 1, mine.
    Most recently heard that he can't even guarantee me for March. Starting to get a bit frustrated

"Starting"? I'm impressed with your restraint.

You must also be doing this longer than I have, because I'm in for a GZ March Pro and am already having anxiety about not getting it anytime soon. It is my first NIB, so there's that, but we're not even halfway through the month and I'm already freaking out.

#832 2 years ago
    Quoted from greenhorn1:

It's kind of interesting how many people on here just happen to be the "last one" in the allotments from their distributors on these lists that no one ever gets to see.

Its a good point. Parts shortages and unknown allotments have certainly provided convenient excuses for some…. And you are starting to see so many NIB end up on the market. It would be nice to have some type of quantifiable list based on the time the order was sent to Stern

#833 2 years ago
    Quoted from ZAuxier:

"Starting"? I'm impressed with your restraint.
    You must also be doing this longer than I have, because I'm in for a GZ March Pro and am already having anxiety about not getting it anytime soon. It is my first NIB, so there's that, but we're not even halfway through the month and I'm already freaking out.

Ya, I would be much more worked up by now, but I got a Halloween also and been busy enough that haven't been able to play that all that much recently so that kept me tided over for a bit, but I'll be drifting into freaking out if I don't get Godzilla in March or early april if the march batch is delayed across the board.

#834 2 years ago

Chiming in on the Godzilla premium expected delivery. I ordered mine through my distributor last December. At the time I was told I would get one in the August timeframe. With that announcement from Stern that they were focusing on the backorders and releasing one less new game this year, I optimistically hoped this meant maybe I'd get my GZ premium sooner than August. Well, I just heard from my distributor yesterday that they now expect that my game won't come until sometime in 2023! It would seem that the parts shortage/back order is even worse that thought.

All of that said, I did take delivery on a NIB Deadpool premium just last week. So they are getting some stuff out the door.

#835 2 years ago
    Quoted from LeMansFan:

Chiming in on the Godzilla premium expected delivery. I ordered mine through my distributor last December. At the time I was told I would get one in the August timeframe. With that announcement from Stern that they were focusing on the backorders and releasing one less new game this year, I optimistically hoped this meant maybe I'd get my GZ premium sooner than August. Well, I just heard from my distributor yesterday that they now expect that my game won't come until sometime in 2023! It would seem that the parts shortage/back order is even worse that thought.
    All of that said, I did take delivery on a NIB Deadpool premium just last week. So they are getting some stuff out the door.

That’s scary to here… considering I was told the same about receiving in august I really was hoping since they skipped on a new game I’d be getting it sooner not later. It doesn’t make sense to me but I know nothing about manufacturing and even less about sterns process. I’m just excited and want my game lol. I even bought an old original TOHO movie poster to put up next to it

#836 2 years ago
    Quoted from LeMansFan:

That is bad news on GZ - I have a pro and 3 premiums on order. Who knows how much they will cost by the time we get them.

#837 2 years ago

There’s a lot of focus on the Premiums - Pros are also supposed to go on the line this month - I wonder if part of the confusion is that the Pros and Premiums have different quantities and maybe the Prems are having supply chain issues

#838 2 years ago

I just hope I see my Pro sometime soon. I was told March, so I hope that's true.

#839 2 years ago
    Quoted from unclerudy:

I just hope I see my Pro sometime soon. I was told March, so I hope that's true.

Quoted from Rdoyle1978:

There’s a lot of focus on the Premiums - Pros are also supposed to go on the line this month - I wonder if part of the confusion is that the Pros and Premiums have different quantities and maybe the Prems are having supply chain issues

Finally some (potential) good news in this thread! Hoping my GZ Pro is on it's way relatively soon as well.

#840 2 years ago
    Quoted from aaron6920:

I believe
    ST is Star Trek
    STH is Stranger Things

ST is Star Trek
    NST is Netflix Stranger Things
    JAWS is the Code for Bond
    BTTF2 is the Code for JAWS
    Bond is the Code for BTTF2

I buy Spooky, that’s easier

#841 2 years ago
    Quoted from Svente69:

I buy Spooky, that’s easier

Yes it is
    CRAP1
    CRAP2
    CRAP3
    TNA
    CRAP4
    CRAP5

#842 2 years ago
    Quoted from LeMansFan:

Chiming in also on GZ premium. I ordered last Sept and this is what I was told.

Tough to say when. Our first run allotment is full and likely full or close to full on second run in early 2022

So when I saw the schedule with the March and then May runs I was hoping I would be on the May run. Thinking that is the 3rd run but I got this today.

Right now you are looking at fall/winter run, slim chance for July run, but still a chance.

My guess is the dealers are getting fewer than expected allotments.

#843 2 years ago

Naysaying Spooky games is wack, TNA RAM ACNC and HWN all shred. I prefer their games over JJP and AP any day of the week.

Quoted from WeirPinball:

Yes it is
    CRAP1
    CRAP2
    CRAP3
    TNA
    CRAP4
    CRAP5

#844 2 years ago
    Quoted from mpdpvdpin:

Naysaying Spooky games is wack, TNA RAM ACNC and HWN all shred. I prefer their games over JJP and AP any day of the week.

I have 2 spooky and 5 sterns. Spooky makes a great pin. Rick and morty is our favorite. 3 premiums on order I don’t think he plays pins much. Seems like more of a business and spooky you can’t buy like that

#845 2 years ago
    Quoted from Happy81724:

I have 2 spooky and 5 sterns. Spooky makes a great pin. Rick and morty is our favorite. 3 premiums on order I don’t think he plays pins much. Seems like more of a business and spooky you can’t buy like that

Have to disagree - design is not a strength of Spooky. TNA was the only one worth buying to me and we all know who designed that one. To each his own...

#846 2 years ago

“Design is not a strength of Spooky”

Care to elaborate? I love the design of each of the Spooky pins I listed earlier. HWN by far being the winner…followed ACNC RAM and TNA. They don’t feel or play like Sterns and are more difficult in some ways. But that’s what I love about them. They all shoot great…if you’re shooting great.

Quoted from WeirPinball:

Have to disagree - design is not a strength of Spooky. TNA was the only one worth buying to me and we all know who designed that one. To each his own...

#847 2 years ago

pm sent - back to the topic at hand, still hoping to pull some luck with the March (supposed) GZ run

#848 2 years ago

Someone asked earlier about toppers and accessories and how they fit into all of this. I'm curious about that too - I'm guessing they probably DON'T factor in and that the manufacturing of these items is contracted out?

#849 2 years ago
    Quoted from aamauzy:

Someone asked earlier about toppers and accessories and how they fit into all of this. I'm curious about that too - I'm guessing they probably DON'T factor in and that the manufacturing of these items is contracted out?

I would agree - never saw a topper assembly line on the tour

#850 2 years ago

Was there a "last call" for Sword of Rage?

There are 8,174 posts in this topic. You are on page 17 of 164.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/what-is-on-the-line-at-stern-pinball-delays/page/17?hl=crumbalimb and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.