Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 8,159 posts
  • 858 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 14 hours ago by Wildbill327
  • Topic is favorited by 533 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

glasses.gif
    nedry.gif
    snaps.gif
    Screenshot_20240318_201633_Chrome (resized).jpg
    IMG_8074 (resized).jpeg
    download (resized).jpeg
    7136153e-4781-4514-8f75-26077beb0e35-1655665323130 (resized).jpg
    designer-delays (resized).png
    image000000 (resized).jpeg
    IMG_1455.gif
    Skinner (resized).png
    26CDA9FF-5625-4BC0-AECC-1FF8C139FBFB (resized).jpeg
    pasted_image (resized).png
    IMG_5780 (resized).png
    bobbymcgeestub.png
    JT.gif
    There are 8,159 posts in this topic. You are on page 15 of 164.
    #701 2 years ago
    Quoted from gorgar007:

Smart phones being an exception. They used to give phones away until the world was hooked on them, now they are priced super high and most of us pay full retail. They can't say the contents of the phone have changed all that much either.

The contents of phones has changed drastically. Earlier mobile phones didn't have browsers, accelerometers, wi-fi tranceivers, app stores, premium cameras, etc. Then Apple introduced the iPhone, and thus, the more ubiquitous "smartphone" came into existence. The smartphone quickly became a vanity item; people who could get by with the regular version opted instead for the super premium model in the rose gold finish that featured bendable liquid glass, super 8k high-nit resolution, five Hasselblad cameras built in, and more.

Today, we can buy the perfectly capable Galaxy A01 smartphone for $39.99. Technologically, it does everything the iPhone does. But instead, we opt for the fully bling-loaded iPhone 13 for $1,599.99. And as I'm writing this, it strikes me that that's what we do in pinball when we skip the pro version and opt for the LE.

#702 2 years ago

This thread is very helpful when it discusses what's on the line at Stern.

#703 2 years ago
    Quoted from tedwasright:

This thread is very helpful when it discusses what's on the line at Stern.

It is. But it isn't.

#704 2 years ago

I just really hope my Mando premium really pops out of the factory this time!

#705 2 years ago
    Quoted from MaxIsDead:

I just really hope my Mando premium really pops out of the factory this time!

Good luck, I was supposedly next on the list from the distributor I ordered from in May after the end of January build. I cancelled with them and found one at a different distributor 3 weeks ago since I wasn't confident they would stick to their planned February run.

I learned an important lesson that your place in line with the distributor you ordered with is much more important than when you ordered.

#706 2 years ago

It’s safe to say Stern is making as many as they can right now. Trust me, people aren’t banging on the door demanding jobs on the assembly line. It’s an industry wide US MFG issue right now.

#707 2 years ago

Back on track. This is what's supposed to be on the line. No updates. But hoping Rush LE finished last week as planned so Premiums could start this week:

Feb 2022 - Rush LE & Premium
    Feb 2022 - Mando Pro & Premium
    Mar 2022 - Godzilla Pro & Premium
    Mar 2022 - AIQ Pro & Premium
    Apr 2022 - Rush Pro & Premium
    Apr 2022 - JP Pro & Premium
    May 2022 - Godzilla Pro & Premium
    July 2022 - Deadpool Pro & Premium
    July 2022 - Godzilla Pro & Premium
    Aug 2022 - Star Wars Pro & Premium (original art package)
    Sep 2022 - Star Wars the pin (original & comic art)
    Oct 2022 - JP the pin
    Nov 2022 - Elvira Premium
    Dec 2022 - TMNT Pro & Premium

Speculation is that new pins would be coming out in May or June (Venom), possibly August (Bond), and Sept or Oct (Jaws). If any of that's true, it might change any of the above dates, as per usual. But it's just speculation and hasn't been confirmed.

#708 2 years ago
    Quoted from JackG:

Back on track. This is what's supposed to be on the line. No updates. But hoping Rush LE finished last week as planned so Premiums could start this week:
    Oct 2022 - JP the pin
    Speculation is that new pins would be coming out in May or June (Venom), possibly August (Bond), and Sept or Oct (Jaws). If any of that's true, it might change any of the above dates, as per usual. But it's just speculation and hasn't been confirmed.

But even if the title is speculation, Stern will indeed be running the new release Pro and LE as usual ? So could be placed on this schedule ?

#709 2 years ago
    Quoted from Zukram:

But even if the title is speculation, Stern will indeed be running the new release Pro and LE as usual ? So could be placed on this schedule ?

Once a distributor confirms that a new pin would be on the line at that time. All of these dates have been brought to us by TPN podcast by Flip N Out and by Mad Pinball. Anything else is just speculation.

#710 2 years ago
    Quoted from SantaEatsCheese:

When do we think Stern will be caught up with the backlog?

Not specifically about pinball but I’ve read the auto makers have found it’s better to have a little lower inventory and be able to sell very close to MSRP than having the dealers lots full and we being able to cross shop at dealers and get better deals.

#711 2 years ago
    Quoted from rai:

Not specifically about pinball but I’ve read the auto makers have found it’s better to have a little lower inventory and be able to sell very close to MSRP than having the dealers lots full and we being able to cross shop at dealers and get better deals.

We have been through this before. It just takes one auto maker to flood the market in an effort to gain market share, and they all will be doing the same. Chrysler was the first to blink last time.

#712 2 years ago
    Quoted from JackG:

Oct 2022 - JP the pin

Thanks for doing this. It is helpful.

#713 2 years ago
    Quoted from Zukram:

Hearing on The Next Stern Pin thread that there won't be any new Stern pins scheduled until August, so this schedule might change.

#714 2 years ago
    Quoted from JackG:

Hearing on The Next Stern Pin thread that there won't be any new Stern pins scheduled until August, so this schedule might change.

Good news. Been waiting on machines since July.

#715 2 years ago

Now would be a good time to announce last call on some older pins, knock em out, and move forward with a smaller, more manageable number of games to produce.

#716 2 years ago

Hope they make more Jurassic Parks, because I'd love to get a premium.

#717 2 years ago

Stern announced that they are focusing on Rush, Godzilla, Mandalorian, and Deadpool. That's great news for all those people waiting. I'm waiting on two of them.

#718 2 years ago
    Quoted from JackG:

Stern announced that they are focusing on Rush, Godzilla, Mandalorian, and Deadpool. That's great news for all those people waiting. I'm waiting on two of them.

I was bummed to see that didn’t include Elvira on that list, but maybe this will at least bump the schedule on Elvira up a bit.

#719 2 years ago
    Quoted from JackG:

Heard the same today as well.. One less cornerstone this year than usual..

#720 2 years ago
    Quoted from Zukram:

Heard the same today as well.. One less cornerstone this year than usual..

That's actually good news. Catch up on the backlog before announcing ANOTHER game you can't make on time. Give time for parts for the next game to fully arrive so there are no line delays once production starts.

#721 2 years ago

This is pretty much what people who have been waiting on orders have been begging for. So it sounds like good news for all of us!

#722 2 years ago
    Quoted from Concretehardt:

I was bummed to see that didn’t include Elvira on that list, but maybe this will at least bump the schedule on Elvira up a bit.

Yeah, as a member of the “awaiting Elvira” crowd, it sucks not to hear it included.

#723 2 years ago
    Quoted from Capn12:

Yeah, as a member of the “awaiting Elvira” crowd, it sucks not to hear it included.

Really hoping that backlog is cleared out before August. Would be amazing if when Venom or whichever pin comes out, they just made that pin all fall, satisfied all the orders then moved onto the next game. And only had to do maybe one extra run in 2023. But hoping they move Elvira up on the list to be wrapped out before August also. Was pretty bummed when they moved the Premium a year and made Elvira's 40th instead.

#724 2 years ago
    Quoted from JackG:

Seems entirely feasible to have a gap in the rotation, especially with Ritchie out. (plus, they clearly need to catch up on their backlog)

#725 2 years ago
    Quoted from JackG:

Where did you hear this?

#726 2 years ago
    Quoted from WeirPinball:

Where did you hear this?

look further up the thread for a screencap of the Stern announcment.

#727 2 years ago

9E6EEF6C-7593-4D4D-853E-7D07B10B67E5 (resized).jpeg9E6EEF6C-7593-4D4D-853E-7D07B10B67E5 (resized).jpeg
    From the Kaneda Patreon club!

#728 2 years ago
    Quoted from Mileesa:

look further up the thread for a screencap of the Stern announcment.

That's not an announcement from stern that is info from a distributor

#729 2 years ago
    Quoted from WeirPinball:

I was told it’s an announcement from stern to the distributors. Stern doesn’t need to post a public announcement to the consumers

#730 2 years ago
    Quoted from WeirPinball:

oops sorry. it's in another thread that I saw it.

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/what-will-be-the-next-stern-pinball-machine/page/516#post-6794757

#731 2 years ago

I was referring to the 4 games listed where did that come from
    Edit I'm an idiot I see it now bummer no jp

#732 2 years ago
    Quoted from WeirPinball:

I was referring to the 4 games listed where did that come from

Where Gary states what they are especially concentrating on within that message? I assume that’s the 4 your asking about.

#733 2 years ago
    Quoted from TheGunnett:

[quoted image]
    From the Kaneda Patreon club!

So to paraphrase: Star Wars, GotG, Iron Maiden, Elvira, Beatles, Jurassic Park, Stranger Things, TMNT, AIQ and LZ are all retired (for 2022 at least).

#734 2 years ago
    Quoted from Damonator:

So to paraphrase: Star Wars, GotG, Iron Maiden, Elvira, Beatles, Jurassic Park, Stranger Things, TMNT, AIQ and LZ are all retired (for 2022 at least).

No i think this just explains why an unexpected run of GZ premiums popped up for May in addition to march and august. Aiq should still be march, JP should still be April…elvira and tmnt end of year. Stranger things is done, period and i don’t believe there was a planned IM run for 2022.

#735 2 years ago
    Quoted from Damonator:

Uh now hold on there pal, the email just said “especially concentrating on” rush, gz, mando, dp. It doesn’t say others are shelved.

#736 2 years ago
    Quoted from Damonator:

I think it just means another date push for AIQ and JP and Deadpool moves up. In "the coming months" Rush, GZ, and Mando were all flagged to be on the line already..

As someone who's been waiting almost a year for a JP... not great news...

#737 2 years ago
    Quoted from radium:

Uh now hold on there pal, the email just said “especially concentrating on” rush, gz, mando, dp. It doesn’t say others are shelved.

Yea - I saw the “especially concentrating on” wiggle factor. That could certainly mean small 2 week runs of the other titles as factors allow. But certainly not enough to meet the backlog of orders for JP, Elvira, etc.

#738 2 years ago
    Quoted from mbl1116:

No i think this just explains why an unexpected run of GZ premiums popped up for May in addition to march and august. Aiq should still be march, JP should still be April…elvira and tmnt end of year. Stranger things is done, period and i don’t believe there was a planned IM run for 2022.

What’s odd is that they moved BM66 to the retired list but not Stranger Things.

I question another run of Elvira - it’s simply harder to make than a GZ or DP. Couple that with the surprise end of year EHoH40 release and it raises questions. Don’t get me wrong - I hope they make one more run of prems. It’s absolutely a fantastic game - one of their best ever IMO.

#739 2 years ago

Stern needs to make more toppers. People are now buying games they released years ago and can't find a topper under $2k which is nuts. Make more toppers!

#740 2 years ago

It would be a Damn Shame If they don't run more Elvira.
    It's pretty amazing.

#741 2 years ago

Has anyone heard if any of the titles that aren’t the 4 in the announcement that they are concentrating on, have been pushed to later in the year or if they are keeping their spots?

Deadpool is mentioned as one of the titles they want to concentrate on but wasn’t scheduled till July. JP and AIQ were meant to have runs before DP but they aren’t mentioned in the announcement from Stern so does it seem likely JP and AIQ are going to be pushed back now?

#742 2 years ago
    Quoted from NoSkills:

Has anyone heard if any of the titles that aren’t the 4 in the announcement that they are concentrating on, have been pushed to later in the year or if they are keeping their spots?
    Deadpool is mentioned as one of the titles they want to concentrate on but wasn’t scheduled till July. JP and AIQ were meant to have runs before DP but they aren’t mentioned in the announcement from Stern so does it seem likely JP and AIQ are going to be pushed back now?

I asked 2 distributors about that... both of them assured me that the AIQ run in March will happen as scheduled.

#743 2 years ago
    Quoted from parsonsaj:

I asked 2 distributors about that... both of them assured me that the AIQ run in March will happen as scheduled.

Agree, I think listing out specific titles to focus on was just Gary’s way of saying “we are especially backlogged on these titles” as opposed to “we are re-prioritizing our schedule for these specific titles.”

#744 2 years ago

With values of Stranger Things Premium so high why isn't another run planned? This title has the demand!!

#745 2 years ago
    Quoted from unlockpinball:

With values of Stranger Things Premium so high why isn't another run planned? This title has the demand!!

Thats an easy one to answer: Cause they would need to renew the license.

#746 2 years ago
    Quoted from CashMoney:

Thats an easy one to answer: Cause they would need to renew the license.

…and source more projectors.

They also don’t like building them as the prems are much harder to build than a GZ or DP.

#747 2 years ago

Anyone think they could do a Vault SW Comic Art or something like it for May since they said no more cornerstone games 'till August? Premiums are selling for a pretty penny right now and you would think there would have to be some more playfields laying around somewhere with the art on them as short as the runs were. That and it is May after all.

#748 2 years ago
    Quoted from CoachBacca:

Anyone think they could do a Vault SW Comic Art or something like it for May since they said no more cornerstone games 'till August? Premiums are selling for a pretty penny right now and you would think there would have to be some more playfields laying around somewhere with the art on them as short as the runs were. That and it is May after all.

My bet is they crank out as many premiums as they can - probably better return on their money for line time.

#749 2 years ago
    Quoted from WeirPinball:

My bet is they crank out as many premiums as they can - probably better return on their money for line time.

From what I can tell they just have a hard time moving the movie versions but demand for the comic version appears to be pretty strong. To me it would just make more sense.

#750 2 years ago
    Quoted from CoachBacca:

From what I can tell they just have a hard time moving the movie versions but demand for the comic version appears to be pretty strong. To me it would just make more sense.

I’ve been wondering the same thing— both art packages had to be approved by Disney, so why is the comic art version retired rather than the (almost universally less liked) photorealistic art version?

If it’s a matter of the artist approval, you’d have to think Randy Martinez would be pretty easy to work with (especially compared to Disney).

There are 8,159 posts in this topic. You are on page 15 of 164.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/what-is-on-the-line-at-stern-pinball-delays/page/15?hl=bundy and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.