Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 8,047 posts
  • 849 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 3 hours ago by Collin
  • Topic is favorited by 531 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

Screenshot_20240318_201633_Chrome (resized).jpg
    IMG_8074 (resized).jpeg
    download (resized).jpeg
    7136153e-4781-4514-8f75-26077beb0e35-1655665323130 (resized).jpg
    designer-delays (resized).png
    image000000 (resized).jpeg
    IMG_1455.gif
    Skinner (resized).png
    26CDA9FF-5625-4BC0-AECC-1FF8C139FBFB (resized).jpeg
    pasted_image (resized).png
    IMG_5780 (resized).png
    bobbymcgeestub.png
    JT.gif
    IMG_5830 (resized).jpg
    hmm-futurama.gif
    IMG_1022.gif

There are 8,047 posts in this topic. You are on page 131 of 161.
    #6501 9 months ago

Hopefully the IMDN Prems are on the line soon.

#6502 9 months ago
    Quoted from ZoraShinoda:

Someone shared this in the JP thread, thought it was a nice touch from stern. 2023 is the 30th anniversary of the original JP movie and they put a 30th anniversary logo on the backglass in the current run.

This is awesome! I hope it's also the the pro run in a couple of months.

#6503 9 months ago
    Quoted from Skatewake:

Any new Factory Friday videos yet?

Buncha Jurassic Park

#6504 9 months ago

Looks like maybe bond premium as well. Saw one at the beginning of the video…

#6505 9 months ago
    Quoted from Billygrippo:

Looks like maybe bond premium as well. Saw one at the beginning of the video…

Bond premium? Is there a dealer out there that doesn’t yet have 4 or 5 in stock collecting dust?

#6506 9 months ago
    IMG_3798 (resized).jpegIMG_3798 (resized).jpeg
    #6507 9 months ago

I just got my invoice for IMDN PRO!!!

#6508 9 months ago

I'm calling BS
    There are JP Premiums with a build date of 5/5 and 5/19. Featured on factory Friday 5/12. According to TPS, was on the line somewhere around 15-19, and 22-26.

So... are we to believe they were pumping out JPs pretty much every week during may, and into June? Even though by May 9, Flip N Out, a very popular dealer who is probably the first to run out of hot titles, seemed to be swimming in them and desperate to sell (pushing it everywhere multiple times). They kept making them for another 3.5+ weeks after that?

Get the t-shirt detectives on this.

#6509 9 months ago
    Quoted from Sorokyl:

I'm calling BS

I am with you on this one.

#6510 9 months ago
    Quoted from Sorokyl:

I'm calling BS
    There are JP Premiums with a build date of 5/5 and 5/19. Featured on factory Friday 5/12. According to TPS, was on the line somewhere around 15-19, and 22-26.

So... are we to believe they were pumping out JPs pretty much every week during may, and into June? Even though by May 9, Flip N Out, a very popular dealer who is probably the first to run out of hot titles, seemed to be swimming in them and desperate to sell (pushing it everywhere multiple times). They kept making them for another 3.5+ weeks after that?

Who says they have to run the same game all week? I am pretty sure they have two lines, and the ability to be pretty flexible what is on the line on any given day.

#6511 9 months ago
    Quoted from paul_8788:

Who says they have to run the same game all week? I am pretty sure they have two lines, and the ability to be pretty flexible what is on the line on any given day.

No, for sure. I get that. And we know they've been doing that. But still, just part of capacity devoted to JP Prem, 5 weeks seems like a lot more than demand

#6512 9 months ago

Received my IMDN Pro today (born on date: May 22, 2023) ...and immediately ordered my pinmonk fan.

#6513 9 months ago

My JP premium was made 5/24/23. Really enjoying the game. Have a deposit on DP premium, and was hoping to get it soon… but I guess I’ll be waiting until winter.

#6514 9 months ago
    Quoted from DoctorSpeedy:

My JP premium was made 5/24/23. Really enjoying the game. Have a deposit on DP premium, and was hoping to get it soon… but I guess I’ll be waiting until winter.

Check the used market for DP, they seem to be coming back down below MSRP

#6515 9 months ago
    Quoted from Sorokyl:

No, for sure. I get that. And we know they've been doing that. But still, just part of capacity devoted to JP Prem, 5 weeks seems like a lot more than demand

Stern doesn't build games for shits and giggles. For the most part, if they are building them it means distribs have already bought them

#6516 9 months ago
    Quoted from paul_8788:

Stern doesn't build games for shits and giggles. For the most part, if they are building them it means distribs have already bought them

Distributors don't really have a choice. They can put in orders but their agreement is they have to take what stern gives them to an extent. Just because stern makes it and ships it doesn't mean anyone wants it.

Saw on Facebook this morning a dealer commenting on random dudes NIB JP posting negging it because you only get a warranty from official stern dealers. I took that as "man I really need to get rid of some JP prems"

I'm sure they'll sell over the next few months, but I'm also sure dealers would rather be getting GZ or Foo. Maybe the JP license is ending and they wanted to pump a bunch out before that.

#6517 9 months ago
    Quoted from Sorokyl:

Distributors don't really have a choice. They can put in orders but their agreement is they have to take what stern gives them to an extent. Just because stern makes it and ships it doesn't mean anyone wants it.
    Saw on Facebook this morning a dealer commenting on random dudes NIB JP posting negging it because you only get a warranty from official stern dealers. I took that as "man I really need to get rid of some JP prems"
    I'm sure they'll sell over the next few months, but I'm also sure dealers would rather be getting GZ or Foo. Maybe the JP license is ending and they wanted to pump a bunch out before that.

Well if the license is ending I'm glad I got one first.

#6519 9 months ago

On the line for the past couple weeks: Jurassic Park Premium, Iron Maiden Pro, Foo Fighters Premium, and Bond Premium.

Stern moves to the new factory in August, so that will cause a shutdown for a couple weeks.

If anyone has any updates on the Winter schedule, let us know please.

Jun 2023 - Foo Fighters LE
    Jun 2023 - Iron Maiden Premium
    Jun 2023 - Godzilla Pro
    July 2023 - Godzilla Premium
    July 2023 - AIQ Pro & Premium
    July 2023 - FF Pro & Premium
    Aug 2023 - JP Pro
    Sep 2023 - Cornerstone - Venom?
    Oct 2023 - Bond Pro & Premium
    Nov 2023 - Deadpool Pro & Premium
    Nov 2023 - Mandalorian Pro & Premium
    Dec 2023 - Star Wars Pro & Premium

#6520 9 months ago
    Quoted from Sorokyl:

I'm calling BS

Stern has 2 lines. Apparently JP Premium was on the smaller line for 3 weeks. Makes sense if they aren't going to produce any more. I'm pretty sure we're seeing the final runs of a lot of titles, JP, DP, AIQ, Maiden, Mando, EHOH. Probably sayonara to SW. Rush is noted as never being run again. Maybe Bond is done at the end of this year, then we just have Godzilla, FF and Venom on the line. Would be nice if Stern returned to the model of fulfilling all orders of the current cornerstone before moving on. They lose a lot of cornerstone sales to the secondary market.

#6521 9 months ago

This is the first time I’m seeing Godzilla Premium
    for July, they were expected this month, did the premiums get pushed back to next month?

#6522 9 months ago
    Quoted from Pinball-Cruiser:

This is the first time I’m seeing Godzilla Premium
    for July, they were expected this month, did the premiums get pushed back to next month?

Yes. Hearing the schedule has been delayed about 2 weeks or more since the initial schedule. It's common.

#6523 9 months ago
    Quoted from JackG:

On the line for the past couple weeks: Jurassic Park Premium, Iron Maiden Pro, Foo Fighters Premium, and Bond Premium.
    Stern moves to the new factory in August, so that will cause a shutdown for a couple weeks.
    If anyone has any updates on the Winter schedule, let us know please.
    Jun 2023 - Godzilla Pro
    Aug 2023 - JP Pro
    Nov 2023 - Mandalorian Pro & Premium

Mando/SW bumped off 2023. No new timeframe for those. Big gap now for Nov/Dec. New cornerstone? Something else?

#6524 9 months ago
    Quoted from Sorokyl:

Mando/SW bumped off 2023. No new timeframe for those. Big gap now for Nov/Dec. New cornerstone? Something else?

4773938986d2cb575639d342fea6760e75620ad2 (resized).png4773938986d2cb575639d342fea6760e75620ad2 (resized).pngPinside_forum_7504048_0 (resized).jpgPinside_forum_7504048_0 (resized).jpgPinside_forum_7577183_0 (resized).jpgPinside_forum_7577183_0 (resized).jpg
    #6525 9 months ago

Thanks Sorokyl for the update.

Jun 2023 - Godzilla Pro
    Aug 2023 - JP Pro

#6526 9 months ago
    Quoted from JackG:

Their lease starts in October.

#6527 9 months ago
    Quoted from Grantman:

You the landlord? Sorry they didn't notify you!

#6528 9 months ago
    Quoted from Grantman:

And there is not going to be a "2 week shutdown".

#6529 9 months ago

Stern is running more Elvira and maiden toppers. Maiden im told October now which sucks because that’s about a yr since I ordered. Supposed to have ran last Nov. they are also doing more jp and avengers toppers this yr if you need one.

#6530 9 months ago
    Quoted from JackG:

Also bumped from 2023 with no new date yet.

#6531 9 months ago
    Quoted from beltking:

Stern is running more Elvira and maiden toppers. Maiden im told October now which sucks because that’s about a yr since I ordered. Supposed to have ran last Nov. they are also doing more jp and avengers toppers this yr if you need one.

Any info on Imdn side armor?

#6532 9 months ago
    Quoted from NoSkills:

Any info on Imdn side armor?

Nope. And I've asked a few different distributors over the last few months.

#6533 9 months ago
    Quoted from MacGruber:

Okay I want to clarify one more time because I think ppl are misunderstanding me. Pro's have always been first since I've been in the hobby. Like many said great business cuz pros are mostly location pins. Prior to the previous release (Bond) they made a ton of them for locations and home use alike there was no significance. Then was LE's and then Premiums were last. Now they are building to order for locations on the Pro's specifically and putting "home pros" at the end of the line.Being leapfrog by Premium buyers. Think of it as a "fast pass" or a "Genie"in a Disney theme park. Again makes perfect sense for them I'm just complaining about my bad timing cuz it seems like nobody else remembers the way it used to be.

I'm amazed to see the confusion about this. Yes some Foo pros made it to homes, but (at least according to distributors) they have not made ANY "Home Pros" yet and it appears they don't plan to for FOUR MONTHS after the announcement. As stated this is a big change from the previous plan where it was easy to snag a "Home Pro" if you jumped in early. This does not make any sense (in my opinion) unless you are trying to push the home market more towards your premium model, and I would guess that it is working to some extent.

#6534 9 months ago

So Rush is being archived? Seen it said twice now, still on their site as a current game though

#6535 9 months ago
    Quoted from PanzerKraken:

So Rush is being archived? Seen it said twice now, still on their site as a current game though

If it is, it's not really surprising. Rush is a theme with limited appeal beyond North America, and a polarizing one even within North America. On top of that it's another rehashed Borg design, and people are much more into what Elwin and Danger are doing these days.

#6536 9 months ago

I do not think Stern has changed much on first batch pro production when a game comes out. What has changed is every trust fundie and their brother has opened up barcades in the last couple years, so there are more operator buyers than there has been in a very long time. Couple that with the arrival of insider connected and more prevalent launch parties, there is a bigger push for locations to snag games right away to pounce on the new game hype. Now only a few pros are left for home buyers out of the first batch, and everyone is big mad. I really do not see this as some money grabbing conspiracy by Stern...its the result of growth in the operator market.

#6537 9 months ago
    Quoted from JodyG:

I really do not see this as some money grabbing conspiracy by Stern...its the result of growth in the operator market.

Which, in my opinion, is a GOOD thing.

The hobby needs new blood if it wants to continue to thrive. Pushing location sales increases exposure to the new games. Things like launch parties, tournaments and leagues help create communities.

It might slow down the time it takes to get pros by a few months, but that is a trade off I personally think is okay.

#6538 9 months ago
    Quoted from Tommy_Pins:

Just curious, those disappointed about your pre orders getting delayed, what keeps you from looking for

Thanks Sorokyl for the update.
    Jun 2023 - Godzilla Pro
    Aug 2023 - JP Pro

I can smell the NIB Godzilla pro. Come one June

#6539 9 months ago
    Quoted from JodyG:

And there is not going to be a "2 week shutdown".

According to Zach in the last TPS podcast, there will be. But he could be wrong. I’m not on his patreon so not sure what he’s putting behind a paywall now.

#6540 9 months ago
    Quoted from JackG:

According to Zach in the last TPS podcast, there will be. But he could be wrong. I’m not on his patreon so not sure what he’s putting behind a paywall now.

George claimed in a stream that it was lights off Friday night at the old location and production resuming on Monday the following week...like last time.

#6541 9 months ago
    Quoted from JackG:

That’s just what Stern Pinball told me.

#6542 9 months ago

Are they running the Aces High Topper ?

Quoted from beltking:

#6543 9 months ago
    Quoted from beltking:

When will they be running Jurassic Park toppers? I’ve been waiting since August last year.

#6544 9 months ago
    Quoted from Apollo18:

Are they running the Aces High Topper ?

Yep. That is the one Stern said they would make, lots of people have paid deposits.

#6545 9 months ago

Yes the plane

#6546 9 months ago
    Quoted from JodyG:

I do not think Stern has changed much on first batch pro production when a game comes out. What has changed is every trust fundie and their brother has opened up barcades in the last couple years, so there are more operator buyers than there has been in a very long time.

I don't subscribe to that being a factor here because that first batch was always sized to what Stern wanted - it's not like it's always been fixed 250 games and before they struggled to sell, and now they sell out. There maybe less scraps left now due to demand like you say, but that isn't about the Home Pro runs people are seeking here...

Quoted from JodyG:

Now only a few pros are left for home buyers out of the first batch, and everyone is big mad. I really do not see this as some money grabbing conspiracy by Stern...its the result of growth in the operator market.

Sequence hasn't changed (seed games, LEs, Premiums, Pros) (sometimes Pros and Premiums have swapped) - but what has changed is the time its taken to get through that sequence for the launch title because they either can't get runs done, or they keep switching to other titles before they get through to the full Pro run.

It used to be launch title pretty much got Pros not long after LEs... now we're facing huge gaps of time before the Pros for the launch title get their time on the line.

#6547 9 months ago
    Quoted from crujones4life:

[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

Yo Cru. What's your next title? Sooner or later we will get a new BTTF pinball machine. I will miss your BTTF posts and expect them to be replaced by something else.

#6548 9 months ago
    Quoted from SimplePin:

Yo Cru. What's your next title? Sooner or later we will get a new BTTF pinball machine. I will miss your BTTF posts and expect them to be replaced by something else.

Excellent question. No doubt I will champion for another amazing theme, much to the dismay of Mark and Todd. There are many themes I want. One that has a pretty good shot at actually becoming a real pin could be Cobra Kai. Would be so badass.

Screenshot_20230228_135738_Facebook (resized).jpgScreenshot_20230228_135738_Facebook (resized).jpg
    #6549 9 months ago

Watching this thread over the last 10 months has been a roller coaster. The NIB experience has really helped me temper my patience and learn to adjust my expectations with instant gratification. I sold my Mando and VPIN sooner than I had anticipated and now have two empty spots in my game room. Waiting for GZ/DP.

pasted_image (resized).pngpasted_image (resized).png
    #6550 9 months ago

Yep, I've heard similar things from other distributors. I paid in full (~10k) over a month ago and still haven't heard anything about my game (FF prem) being shipped. Sucks, but patience is the name of the game nowadays.

There are 8,047 posts in this topic. You are on page 131 of 161.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/what-is-on-the-line-at-stern-pinball-delays/page/131 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.